Thread: Man drops baby from third floor window of burning building.(with picture)

Man drops baby from third floor window of burning building.(with picture)

The headline is a bit misleading.  A rescue worker caught the child.  Unfortunately 9 other people died.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23163131-2,00.html

THIS is the amazing moment a baby was thrown from the upper story of a fire-ravaged building - and caught by a hero rescue worker.

Nine people, including five children, were killed in the fire in a house in the western German city of Ludwigshafen.

A further 24 were taken to hospital, two of whom were in a life-threatening condition - and it is possible that more bodies will be found in the house, which was in danger of collapse, a police spokesman said.

It was unclear what had caused the fire, the spokesman said, adding that 52 people, mostly Turkish citizens, were registered as living in the house.

The number of fatalities could have been higher had a group of police, firemen and other emergency service personnel not been celebrating carnival nearby, the spokesman said.

They helped catch children thrown from the upper floors of the building.

Re: Man drops baby from third floor window of burning building.(with picture)

I KNOW IM NOT SUPPOSED TO LAUGH BUT THE PICTURE REMINDS ME OF "SHOOT EM UP" AND I CANT STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!!

the article is sad though.

And a funny pic stolen from Fark.

I AM HORRIBLE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Desperation sucks. Did the baby's mum/dad survive?
    Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.<br />

I read an article in today's West. It had a close up of the child's face, the expression is priceless, I did laugh at it.

Sad story though. Our paper said ... &quot;the fate of the parents is unknown&quot;...
    Boringgggggggggggggggg.

I saw it on the news, 9 people died in all. I don't know about the parents. I couldn't imagine if he couldn't have been caught. That pic makes my heart race.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=12457.msg720597#msg720597 date=1202196079]

The number of fatalities could have been higher had a group of police, firemen and other emergency service personnel not been celebrating carnival nearby, the spokesman said.

[/quote]

They should have brought along some jugglers.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

Oh man, as horrible as it is, if I had to chose how my child might possibly die, I would chose to drop them out a window with the hope they would die instantly as opposed to burning to death. I'm praying the parents survived.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

As heartbreaking as it is,this story really illustrates how strong the love of parents can be.You see three or four people standing at the window and they're not saying&quot;save me!&quot; so much as &quot;catch&nbsp; my baby!(toss.)&quot;.It's refreshing to hear about parents putting their babies first.

Not that they wouldn't have wanted to be rescued themselves.

R.I.P People

I read that the baby is a girl,and her name is Onur.And she has been reunited with her father!YaaaaY!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23168488-2,00.html
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

[quote author=happy phantom link=topic=12457.msg722487#msg722487 date=1202338959]
    As heartbreaking as it is,this story really illustrates how strong the love of parents can be.You see three or four people standing at the window and they're not saying&quot;save me!&quot; so much as &quot;catch&nbsp; my baby!(toss.)&quot;.It's refreshing to hear about parents putting their babies first.

Not that they wouldn't have wanted to be rescued themselves.

R.I.P People

I read that the baby is a girl,and her name is Onur.And she has been reunited with her father!YaaaaY!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23168488-2,00.html
    [/quote]

Thank god! I've been thinking about this one for a few days now. So glad she is back with dad.
    I can just imagine her 21st birthday and having that photo on her photo board :-)

[quote author=bekkyboo1985 link=topic=12457.msg722695#msg722695 date=1202352284]
    Thank god! I've been thinking about this one for a few days now. So glad she is back with dad.
    I can just imagine her 21st birthday and having that photo on her photo board :-)
    [/quote]

What Is It With 21st Birthdays &amp; Photo Boards??&nbsp; My Mom Wants To Do That&nbsp;
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

[quote author=MrBoddy2005 link=topic=12457.msg722990#msg722990 date=1202390667]
    What Is It With 21st Birthdays &amp; Photo Boards??&nbsp; My Mom Wants To Do That&nbsp;
    [/quote]

It's your parent's way to embarrass you, any nudie photos of you as a baby will be up there :-)

[quote author=bekkyboo1985 link=topic=12457.msg723414#msg723414 date=1202422938]
    It's your parent's way to embarrass you, any nudie photos of you as a baby will be up there :-)

[/quote]

My Parents Don't Have That Shit.&nbsp; Though I Did Have A Wonderful Ass Before It Got All Hairy...&nbsp;
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

I saw this on the news. Crazy. And they said that both parents survived.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

There was an interview on tv this morning with the guy in the photo throwing the baby.&nbsp; He is her uncle and his wife and two children died in the fire.&nbsp; It's sad that he was able to save her but lost his own family.

[quote author=MrBoddy2005 link=topic=12457.msg723432#msg723432 date=1202424276]

My Parents Don't Have That Shit.&nbsp; Though I Did Have A Wonderful Ass Before It Got All Hairy...&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I'm sure your ass is still wonderful. Bit of wax and it'll be back to it's former glory.

Thread Information