Thread: Boy in bizarre 'fish in penis' accident

the color nine

Boy in bizarre 'fish in penis' accident

Doctors treating a 14 year old boy from India were shocked to find a 2cm long fish had "slipped" up his penis and into his bladder.

The patient, who was admitted to hospital with complaints of pain, dribbling urine and acute urinary retention spanning a 24-hour period, gave an interesting explanation.

Details of the case, which was documented in The Internet Journal of Urology, have revealed that the patient claimed that the fish "slipped" into his penis while he was maintaining his aquarium.

Did it jump or was it pushed?
    The paper's authors, Professor G Vezhaventhan and Professor R Jeyaraman, wrote: "While he was cleaning the fish tank in his house, he was holding a fish in his hand and went to the toilet for passing urine.

"When he was passing urine, the fish slipped from his hand and entered his urethra and then he developed all these symptoms.

"Mentally he was sound and clinically he was absolutely a normal person with no previous history of any psychiatric illness."

Removal
    Closer examination using an X-ray failed to show anything, but an ultrasonagram check of the boy's abdomen revealed a full bladder and a small "echogenic object", indicating the presence of a foreign body in the urinary bladder.

Vezhaventhan and Jeyaraman then used a technique known as cystourethroscopy to insert a special set of forceps attached down the boy's penis.

Unfortunately, the fish was just too slippery to grip, so they resorted to using a rigid ureteroscope with a tool attached that is normally used for removing bladder stones.

The fish the urologists removed, which Practical Fishkeeping believes to be a small member of the Betta genus, measured 2cm long and 1.5cm wide. It's definitely not a Candiru.
    Vezhaventhan and Jeyaraman report that a range of self-inflicted foreign bodies have been previously removed from the male genitalia and lower urinary tract.

However, the authors claim that the case is the first evidence in the medical literature of fish traveling upstream in the urethra, crossing the external sphincter and entering the urinary bladder.

"These foreign bodies were inserted or applied for autoerotic, psychiatric, therapeutic, or no definite reasons by the patient.

"Most patients were too ashamed to admit they had inserted or applied any object and usually presented when a complication had occurred from the foreign body such as difficulty in voiding, hematuria, pain or swelling, extravasations or abscess formation. Our case is a peculiar one."

After the removal of the fish the boy's symptoms disappeared, but he was subsequently sent for psychiatric counseling.

For more information see the paper: G. Vezhaventhan, R. Jeyaraman (2007) - Unusual Foreign Body In Urinary Bladder: A Case Report. The Internet Journal of Urology. 2007. Volume 4 Number 2.
    http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/item.php?news=1773

Re: Boy in bizarre 'fish in penis' accident

funny how he needed psychiatric counseling

but I have heard of a fish in India (i think) or somewhere else in Asia which lives in a river, and if you urinate in the water, it is attracted to the warm stream and is small enough to swim up the urethra into the bladder.

i didnt know they could be kept as a pet hehehe

does this mean he isnt a virgin anymore?

I think that the river fish was on an episode of House. Either that or it was one of those detective-ish shows.. like CSI or something. I do believe it was House.

Why would you hold a fish in your hand anyway? when we had fish, we always fished them out with the net, and put them in a different bowl.. let alone, why in the hell would you hold a fish while you were taking a piss? unless I'm just reading it wrong.. which I could be, it's 1am.

Oh no, i read it right.. he was holding a fish while he was taking a piss.

-shudder-

sorry for the scatterbrained-ness of this post.. it's 1 am.

Wow was he cleaning his aquarium with his penis? Or maybe that was just a really clever fish.  :lol:

That is fucking crazy. He will definitely have the most interesting story at the bar later in life.

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

I think he stuck it in there on purpose. 

[quote author=aprilcarter29 link=topic=16171.msg999247#msg999247 date=1220977638]
    That is fucking crazy. He will definitely have the most interesting story at the bar later in life.
    [/quote]

Do you think he will be able to use it as a pick-up line?  :lol: "Pardon me miss,but this one time I had a fish in my penis, can I buy you a drink?"  :lol:

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=16171.msg998455#msg998455 date=1220914266]
    funny how he needed psychiatric counseling

but I have heard of a fish in India (i think) or somewhere else in Asia which lives in a river, and if you urinate in the water, it is attracted to the warm stream and is small enough to swim up the urethra into the bladder.

i didnt know they could be kept as a pet hehehe

does this mean he isnt a virgin anymore?
    [/quote]

Candiru or candirú (also canero or toothpick fish) refers to parasitic freshwater catfish of a number of genera in the family Trichomycteridae. They are found in the Amazon River and have a reputation among the natives as the most feared fish in its waters, even over the piranha. They are eel-shaped and translucent, making them almost impossible to see in the water. Some species have been known to grow to a size of 6 inches (~15 cm) in length.

Attacks on people

This fish is also known to attack humans and animals and swim into an orifice (the vulva, anus, or even the penis—and deep into the urethra). Because of spines protruding from the fish, it is almost impossible to remove except through surgery. Though there have been documented candiru attacks on humans, there is no evidence the fish can survive once inside a human. The danger for the person lies more in the infection and shock that results from having the organism lodged there for an extended period of time than from physical damage done by the actual fish itself.

[quote author=alexinmn link=topic=16171.msg999262#msg999262 date=1220978160]
    Candiru or candirú (also canero or toothpick fish) refers to parasitic freshwater catfish of a number of genera in the family Trichomycteridae. They are found in the Amazon River and have a reputation among the natives as the most feared fish in its waters, even over the piranha. They are eel-shaped and translucent, making them almost impossible to see in the water. Some species have been known to grow to a size of 6 inches (~15 cm) in length.

Attacks on people

This fish is also known to attack humans and animals and swim into an orifice (the vulva, anus, or even the penis—and deep into the urethra). Because of spines protruding from the fish, it is almost impossible to remove except through surgery. Though there have been documented candiru attacks on humans, there is no evidence the fish can survive once inside a human. The danger for the person lies more in the infection and shock that results from having the organism lodged there for an extended period of time than from physical damage done by the actual fish itself.
    [/quote]

Yes yes, but I still wanna know if he was cleaning his aquarium with his penis. If not how the hell did that fish navigate through his clothes. ugh maybe I don't wanna know.  :lol:

Unless of course this fish is of the federline school, cousins of the federline sperm. I hear they can penetrate anything. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=16171.msg999268#msg999268 date=1220978558]
    Yes yes, but I still wanna know if he was cleaning his aquarium with his penis. If not how the hell did that fish navigate through his clothes. ugh maybe I don't wanna know.  :lol:

Unless of course this fish is of the federline school, cousins of the federline sperm. I hear they can penetrate anything. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    [/quote]

"While he was cleaning the fish tank in his house, he was holding a fish in his hand and went to the toilet for passing urine.

"When he was passing urine, the fish slipped from his hand and entered his urethra and then he developed all these symptoms.

My theory: He was peeing, And holding a fish (Wtf?), and decided  "Hey.. Your a fish... You love water.. But you're currently not in water. Oh Wait! I have a good idea.. I will pee on you to make sure you don't suffocate!"... His mistake was made when he put the fish TOO close to his penis, And the fish disappeared.

Or, He was trying to have oral sex with a fish....  I don't even want to go there. I hope he learned his lesson.  :| 

Thread Information