Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: GHOSTS!!

Re: GHOSTS!!

[quote author=strummer83 link=topic=1919.msg87499#msg87499 date=1161793899]
    I understand how one thing could be your imagination, but it's a bit different when you're in a room with two other people and you all hear/see the same thing. My grandmother's house was built in the early 1900's and has had quite a few strange occurrences over the years, some of which I've been witness to. One thing that creeped me out the last time I stayed there was when my cousin and I were alone in the basement, hearing pounding footsteps upstairs. Of course, we were the only ones home..so I don't know who it could've been.
    [/quote]

I suspect you were not home long after hearing that!

I've had a few experiences, nothing major. In the apt I first lived in growing up, sometimes I would smell some sort of perfume and a soft breeze blow past me, usually near the bedroom. My mom would smell the same thing and wonder what the hell it was, since my mom wore Sandalwood cologne which had a musky smell, whereas this smell was more flowery.

An apt I used to live in Oakland, was where a young boy died in a fire. Sometimes I would put something down, and swear that I had placed it in a particuluar place, so when I would go back, it wouldn't be there, but somewhere else. This was when I was living alone. I knew that it was only the boy playing hide and seek with my stuff. But another time, I had been sleeping and I suddenly woke up and saw this black form that was bent down towards my face, suddenly disappear. And sometimes I would hear footsteps on my stairwell, but dismissed it as my cat.

The place I live at now-I dunno, sometimes when I'm home alone, and I'm using my friend's comp, I get this eerie feeling that someone is watching me, so I turn around but never see anyone there.

Just my two cents.

[quote author=strummer83 link=topic=1919.msg87499#msg87499 date=1161793899]
    I understand how one thing could be your imagination, but it's a bit different when you're in a room with two other people and you all hear/see the same thing. My grandmother's house was built in the early 1900's and has had quite a few strange occurrences over the years, some of which I've been witness to. One thing that creeped me out the last time I stayed there was when my cousin and I were alone in the basement, hearing pounding footsteps upstairs. Of course, we were the only ones home..so I don't know who it could've been.
    [/quote]

old houses always make weird noises. pipes, heating, the house itself settling, etc.

[quote author=dirt link=topic=1919.msg87686#msg87686 date=1161804056]
    old houses always make weird noises. pipes, heating, the house itself settling, etc.
    [/quote]

I know that. I lived there for a few years so I know what noises the house normally made. Loud thuds moving from one end to the other doesn't sound like a house 'settling'. It's okay if you're a sceptic, but that wasn't my only experience there, or in general...I'm still a believer.

Another occurrence was one night at our old place. My dad and I were standing in the kitchen discussing paranormal activity, angels, demons..things of that sort. I'd set a glass of water close to the middle of the table when I was done drinking it (a few minutes earlier). In the middle of our conversation, the glass flew off of the table and shattered on the floor. We both kind of stared at each other, weirded out and slightly amused at the same time 
    My own private Idaho...<br /><br />

[quote author=dirt link=topic=1919.msg75909#msg75909 date=1160979555]
    no one can talk to the dead!! it's all fake.
    there is a good &quot;penn &amp; teller: bullshit!&quot; about it.
    watch it.
    if you really think about it, it should be pretty obvious. dead men tell no tales. LITERALLY. they literally tell no tales. never has a saying been so appropriate. well, except for one time when this guy led a horse to some water, and then couldn't make him drink the water. the whole thing was pretty pointless. but really, dead people can't do anything. they are dead. you will be too someday, and you'll notice the complete lack of an ability to do anything.
    [/quote]

oh dude
    that reminds me..does anyone know that story/saying
    i know i've heard it before..ughhh help&nbsp; :-)
    bella<br /><br />

I don't know if I believe in ghosts or not... I think it would be awesome to experience something like that, but I have yet to feel any 'spirits' or a 'presence' thus far.&nbsp; I want to though, damnit!

I know i'm the new guy here but I firmly belive in spirits. Some spirits do like to stay at certain locations but other spirits&nbsp; like to be around certain people. So it may not be the house that is 'haunted but you yourself.

I've had quite a few spirits around me:

There is a girl around 8 years old, she died many years ago, 50's-60's. She stays around me and my home quite often.

A man in his late twentie early thirties who was killed, stabbed in his right side. Dark hair, green trousers and like a white top, again this is going back later than the 30's. He stays around me for some reason, not sure as to why just yet but he's there.

There is also a 16 year old boy that 'visits' my home, he's just curious as to whats going on. Not completely sure how he died, but I believe it could have been suicide via drowning but i'm not sure.

But I know you can't really believe anything unless you experience it yourself.

How often do you see these spirits? I'm curious because there's been more than one occasion in which a 'psychic' has told me that I have a lot of guardians surrounding me. I don't think that's the same thing as what you're talking about, but it's still interesting to think of.
    My own private Idaho...<br /><br />

I hate when the ghosts watch me jerk off.

[quote author=XXXXXX link=topic=1919.msg67276#msg67276 date=1160182143]
    Hmmmm....
    I'm not sure what I believe, but I can tell you that I have had a completely unexplained thing happen to me.

When I was 15, and my family had moved to a new house, I was in my mother bedroom.Â* I was glancing at her dresser and she had a necklace that was just laying on the top of the dresser.Â* The necklace started to move down the dresser.Â* I was convinced that my eyes were playing tricks on me, so I rubbed my eyes.Â* When I opened them, I leaned in closer to look at the necklace.Â* It was still moving.

I nearly crapped my pants.

Nothing like that ever happened again.Â* I'm still not completely convinced that I saw what I think I saw.Â* I will say that it was one of the scariest things that ever happened to me.
    [/quote]

Depends on if the dresser was on an angle or not I suppose. But I've watched my own necklaces do that before. Especially pearl ones. Also ones that have heavy pendants and thin chains.

Oh pish posh people! My computer comes on in the night because someone in the house SOMEWHERE is walking too hard. Also my door will slowly open by itself if the basement door is shut too hard.

I would assume apartment living has these same kinds of occurances..

Not trying to be rude..just giving a realistic angle on the ghosts theory.

&lt;--Total skeptic

&nbsp; :2smiley:&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; i knew dead myspacers were reading their myspace comments....I just didn't know they were coming to your house to do it...mouse click, click, click...........lol.

[quote author=Burning Prayers link=topic=1919.msg101100#msg101100 date=1162946590]
    I hate when the ghosts watch me jerk off.
    [/quote]
    Not as much as they hate it.

JK

I hate it when they head butt me in the ass.

OOOoooh.. i thought this thread was about goats. shit, my bad.&nbsp; :2tongue: Its getting late time for more drinks

[quote author=CrAzY JaY link=topic=1919.msg200510#msg200510 date=1172383704]
    I hate it when they head butt me in the ass.

OOOoooh.. i thought this thread was about goats. shit, my bad.&nbsp; :2tongue: Its getting late time for more drinks
    [/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

The house I grew up in is haunted. Lots and lots of unexplainable things happened there. It is over a 100 years old and was in my families possession the whole time until my parents sold it. It used to scare me when I was little but then I got used to it. Although my friends were always terrified of that place, but they stayed anyway because it was fun too. Especially on halloween. For the most part nothing bad or dangerous happened, even though a man did shoot himself in our back yard when my mom was a child, and I felt a lot of the sadness vibes growing up. I didn;t know, however, about the man killing himself until after we had moved out. My mom didnt want to tell me for whatever reasons. One particular thing that really amazed me was that my electronics did have a mind of their own. I had a CD player (which I still have) that holds 50+ cd's in it, and it would turn on and turn up in the middle of the night all the time. Turn up REAL loud too. My dad used to get so pissed thinking I was doing it on purpose. It was really fond of this one song on my cd and it would turn on and go to that same cd and song EVERY time. It was that oldie song &quot;under the boardwalk&quot;...so I would get up and turn it off and as soon as I turned around,&nbsp; it would turn back on, same cd, same song. Now, if I turned it off and stared at it...it would stay off until I turned my back. The CD spinner in the middle that held all the cd's would also spin by itself, while&nbsp; UNPLUGGED.&nbsp; Neighborhood children would flock to my house when they heard this and they all witnessed it.
    Theres many more things that happened but this is one of the more interesting ones.
    I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between.
    ― Sylvia Plath

when i was 16, my mom and i spent the summer in LBI in Jersey and we&nbsp; had this old cape cod house. One night, i was in my bed and woke up to pee and i look in the mirror, and BOOM.. theres this guy. in his late 60's wearing sailors clothes from the 1920's or something... he was staring at me through the mirror so i got up and screamed. DID NOT sleep in that room for the rest of the summer

[quote author=I'll die one day link=topic=1919.msg205881#msg205881 date=1172708200]
    when i was 16, my mom and i spent the summer in LBI in Jersey and we&nbsp; had this old cape cod house. One night, i was in my bed and woke up to pee and i look in the mirror, and BOOM.. theres this guy. in his late 60's wearing sailors clothes from the 1920's or something... he was staring at me through the mirror so i got up and screamed. DID NOT sleep in that room for the rest of the summer
    [/quote]

Thats creepy...I never actually saw a ghost like that...just small areas around the house that looked foggy or smokey. If I had seen that I would have freaked out too.
    I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between.
    ― Sylvia Plath

shiki

I have had what people would consider &quot;ghostly&quot; experiences. Certain of these incidents were witnessed by other people so I knew I wasn't imagining it. Ghost? As in human that died and then came back...I don't know...Non corporeal being? Yes of some form or another. I was always scared of &quot;ghosts&quot; but mainly the experiences I've had were amazing because I knew I was experiencing something extraordinary. One time tho I spent the night at a motel with friends. This place was in the barrio in NM and made me feel uneasy. Well whatever was in the room started turning the tv on and off. Then the little crusifix i put on the door started swinging violently side to side. It was pretty scary. I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a shadowy man standing at the foot of the bed. Thats the only ghostly experience that actually freaked me out but it was still amazing cuz it was actually happening and me and my friend were like what the fuck. We told whatever it was to fuck off but it didn't.

[quote author=shiki link=topic=1919.msg210535#msg210535 date=1172895373]
    I have had what people would consider &quot;ghostly&quot; experiences. Certain of these incidents were witnessed by other people so I knew I wasn't imagining it. Ghost? As in human that died and then came back...I don't know...Non corporeal being? Yes of some form or another. I was always scared of &quot;ghosts&quot; but mainly the experiences I've had were amazing because I knew I was experiencing something extraordinary. One time tho I spent the night at a motel with friends. This place was in the barrio in NM and made me feel uneasy. Well whatever was in the room started turning the tv on and off. Then the little crusifix i put on the door started swinging violently side to side. It was pretty scary. I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a shadowy man standing at the foot of the bed. Thats the only ghostly experience that actually freaked me out but it was still amazing cuz it was actually happening and me and my friend were like what the fuck. We told whatever it was to fuck off but it didn't.
    [/quote]

ok, if a crucifix of all things were to swing violently, i would have gotten the fuck outta there!
    crazy shit!
    ― Sylvia Plath

shiki

[quote author=FadeAway131 link=topic=1919.msg210556#msg210556 date=1172895904]

ok, if a crucifix of all things were to swing violently, i would have gotten the fuck outta there!
    crazy shit!
    [/quote]
    i couldn't leave that night but damn right i never went there again...it was a real seedy joint, im sure all sorts of fucked up stuff went down. It was pretty scary.

shiki

[quote author=I'll die one day link=topic=1919.msg205881#msg205881 date=1172708200]
    [/quote]
    my good friend had something like this happen to her, thats one of the reasons at night i never look into mirrors. Plus there is a method by which they say you can see the dead. You put a mirror (usually large) in a room across from a seat and make sure the room i pitch black and soon you will see the dead start to appear...

now i dunno if this really works, im sure you can find loads of info about it on the internet. tho im not really afraid of ghost this scenario would scare the sheet out of me.

:sleep:

I'm typing b/c I wanna post here tomorrow. good thread! good night!
    <br /><br />

[quote author=shiki link=topic=1919.msg210579#msg210579 date=1172896955]
    my good friend had something like this happen to her, thats one of the reasons at night i never look into mirrors. Plus there is a method by which they say you can see the dead. You put a mirror (usually large) in a room across from a seat and make sure the room i pitch black and soon you will see the dead start to appear...

now i dunno if this really works, im sure you can find loads of info about it on the internet. tho im not really afraid of ghost this scenario would scare the sheet out of me.
    [/quote]

Yeah mirrors scare the shit outta me! It all started when I first saw the movie &quot;Candyman&quot;! and hearing that creepy music!
    ― Sylvia Plath

no such thing. the end.

I used to be a really hardline atheist - no supernatural anything, no god, no spirits, no afterlife... until I went to the Menninger Clinic for my eating disorder and was assigned a psychiatrist who had worked at the clinic back in the 1970s when the clinic mainly was interested in parapsychology.&nbsp; The doctor is world-renowned and very respectable, but I wasn't blinded by his background or anything, I just listened to what he had to say with an open mind.&nbsp; He told me a bunch of things that had happened at the clinic that he had personally witnessed - demonstrations by psychics, telekinesis, all under strict clinical settings.&nbsp; This didn't make me an absolute believer in the existance of supernatural occurrences, but it made me question why, when I had an open mind on pretty much everything else, why I was so adamant that nothing existed on another plane, or that things occur that can't be scientifically explained.&nbsp; My conclusion was that I feared that if I admitted the possibility of a spiritual plane, that I'd have to admit that there was a god and now I understand that that's not the case.&nbsp;

Long story short, I believe in being open-minded (but of course not so open that your brain falls out, so goes the saying).&nbsp; I am not so arrogant that I believe that I can know for certain whether anything exists past this life or not, because I've never been dead.&nbsp; But I do believe that for most things deemed &quot;improbable&quot; by the majority of the public, there's a kernel of truth to them.&nbsp; I don't believe John Edward speaks to the dead, and I don't believe &quot;psychics&quot; advertised on tv or who sell their &quot;services,&quot; but I do believe there are people out there, very few and far in between, who may have that ability.&nbsp; It's possible the ideas of psychics, ghosts, poltergeists and the like sprang from nowhere, but I believe it's just as possible that they came from somewhere.&nbsp;

I also know my beliefs put me at odds with most other atheists... and that's cool with me.&nbsp; I'm more of an agnostic atheist.&nbsp; I will never believe in an idea of &quot;god&quot; as defined by Abrahamic religions, but maybe they're just defining it wrong.&nbsp; I don't believe in the concept of god as in some supernatural being with a gender who's deeply vested in our worship of him and our sex lives, but if god is simply a force that resides in all of us... I could believe in that.

And goddamn I can be long-winded.&nbsp; I apologize, lol.&nbsp;
    Bisexual black female<br />in search of straight male<br />for love relationship<br />...long walks on the beach<br />...a good book in front of the fire<br />..and lots and lots of anal sex<br />--send photo--

Thread Information