Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to help h

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to he

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=12325.msg750343#msg750343 date=1204474543]
    Am I a bad person for not feeling bad about junkies ODing?
    [/quote]

Nope.  :)

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to he

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=12325.msg750665#msg750665 date=1204490902]

Nope.   :)
    [/quote]

if they all croaked, the drug pushers would lose their market, and we would get rid of all the drug related violence and crimes...

We need more potent smack!!!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to help h

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=12325.msg750343#msg750343 date=1204474543]
    Am I a bad person for not feeling bad about junkies ODing?
    [/quote]
    Yes.

I wouldn't call her a junkie though.
    I'm guessing the upkeep of their MySpace page isn't on the average junkie's to-do list.

[quote author=Ruski link=topic=12325.msg750293#msg750293 date=1204459734]
    The BF was a drug dealer, he didnt want to get busted because if he did then he would potentially reveal some other people in the drug trade which according to her BF was a "no go" hence why he didnt let anyone call the cops.

In case you didnt all know, drug dealers have no feelings or mercy 99% of the time. It is all about the profit and the high life. That girl's life was worth nothing to him. End of story.
    [/quote]
    Profit, high life, and NOT going to prison if possible.
    This guy is as savage as he is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I do support drug use for that measure.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=12325.msg747561#msg747561 date=1204264497]
    But she was [s]doing[/s] dating him for the drugs.   By choice.
    [/quote]
    Touche

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=12325.msg750672#msg750672 date=1204491096]
    if they all croaked, the drug pushers would lose their market, and we would get rid of all the drug related violence and crimes...

We need more potent smack!!!
    [/quote]
    A lot of 'drug related crimes' are possession charges.
    Non-violent offenses that hurt no one but the person being arrested.
    These people need rehab before jail time. Or just to be left the hell alone.

Legalize them all, and let the government get their cut, same as they do with booze.
    Hyper, you're a drinker, you shouldn't throw stones.
    Why let the government dictate what's good and what's bad?
    Should drunks get thrown in the clink for 'possession' too?

Prohibition failed.
    It's time we stopped this nonsense about drug use and
    stop being so happy to throw American citizens in prison for bullshit.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12325.msg750698#msg750698 date=1204492062]

Legalize them all, and let the government get their cut, same as they do with booze.

Prohibition failed.
    It's time we stopped this nonsense about drug use and stop being so happy to throw American citizens in prison for bullshit.
    [/quote]

Not a whole lot of alcohol dealers shooting up the streets.  My only real beef.  The did during prohibition, so maybe all drugs should be legal.  I still won't cry for OD's then.

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to help h

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=12325.msg750699#msg750699 date=1204492184]
    Not a whole lot of alcohol dealers shooting up the streets.  My only real beef.  The did during prohibition, so maybe all drugs should be legal.  I still won't cry for OD's then.
    [/quote]
    He said it! Everyone saw it. He said it!

Then again, I could do just fine without alcohol if anyone would like to try giving up drugs for the same period of time as I stop drinking. 

Prohibition failed.
    [/quote]

But also, a lot of property crimes are drug related, too, as are small thefts and robberies... and even worse, murders. Drug use causes crime. End of story. I've seen studies where 85%+ offenders in jail were on drugs at time of their booking... a lot of prisoners have drug abuse problems but they can't get they help they need in jail and even if a judge sentences them to mandatory out patient rehab, who says they'll go? There aren't enough facilities or therapists or even volunteers willing to rehabilitate junkies or addicts. It's very expensive and the wait list is very long to get into in-patient rehab, and people will go to AA/NA but they won't make a conscious effort to get clean unless they absolutely want to. Then there's the whole free clinic and clean needle programs but those cause crime and problems in the areas they're located and they're also scarce and hard to find. Simply put, the US needs to reform their drug treatment programs, and the only reason they throw people in jail for drug offenses is because they really can't do anything else with them. There's just not a lot of options right now.

And yeah, alcohol kills people, so do hard street drugs (coke, heroin)... marijuana has never killed anyone, not a damn person, and who knows why the government decides what they do... but for you to say legalise all drugs and stop throwing people in jail for minor offenses is a stupid and very ignorant thing to say.

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=12325.msg750848#msg750848 date=1204496872]
    But also, a lot of property crimes are drug related, too, as are small thefts and robberies... and even worse, murders. Drug use causes crime. End of story. I've seen studies where 85%+ offenders in jail were on drugs at time of their booking... a lot of prisoners have drug abuse problems but they can't get they help they need in jail and even if a judge sentences them to mandatory out patient rehab, who says they'll go? There aren't enough facilities or therapists or even volunteers willing to rehabilitate junkies or addicts. It's very expensive and the wait list is very long to get into in-patient rehab, and people will go to AA/NA but they won't make a conscious effort to get clean unless they absolutely want to. Then there's the whole free clinic and clean needle programs but those cause crime and problems in the areas they're located and they're also scarce and hard to find. Simply put, the US needs to reform their drug treatment programs, and the only reason they throw people in jail for drug offenses is because they really can't do anything else with them. There's just not a lot of options right now.

And yeah, alcohol kills people, so do hard street drugs (coke, heroin)... marijuana has never killed anyone, not a damn person, and who knows why the government decides what they do... but for you to say legalise all drugs and stop throwing people in jail for minor offenses is a stupid and very ignorant thing to say.
    [/quote]

I was responding to people that think it's funny that a 'junkie' is dead,
    and said that the death of all drug users would end crime.
    I pointed out that a lot of the "crime" committed by drug users is simply the "Crime" of possession.
    You can get arrested for having drugs on your person, and do more time than someone that robs a
    house or mugs someone.
    To me, that isn't right.

Of course the system needs an overhaul, I never said that it didn't.
    The only solution we offer to people that are addicted is to throw them in prison with rapists and murderers?
    Jails are overcrowded because we throw people in there for so many bullshit offenses.
    Building more jails isn't always the solution. God, how sick are you?
    I just don't understand this whole attitude of 'they did drugs so fuck em'
    You find me ignorant, and I find you heartless.

End of story? Eat a dick.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12325.msg750861#msg750861 date=1204497623]
    I was responding to people that think it's funny that a 'junkie' is dead,
    and said that the death of all drug users would end crime.
    I pointed out that a lot of the "crime" committed by drug users is simply the "Crime" of possession.
    You can get arrested for having drugs on your person, and do more time than someone that robs a
    house or mugs someone.
    To me, that isn't right.

Of course the system needs an overhaul, I never said that it didn't.
    The only solution we offer to people that are addicted is to throw them in prison with rapists and murderers?
    Jails are overcrowded because we throw people in there for so many bullshit offenses.
    Building more jails isn't always the solution. God, how sick are you?
    I just don't understand this whole attitude of 'they did drugs so fuck em'
    You find me ignorant, and I find you heartless.

End of story? Eat a dick.
    [/quote]

I'm not heartless, Ron. I've said my RIPs to some of the people who have died from abuse. I pointed out the facts about our American prisons and jails and the problems that we have getting these people the help they need. I never said it was right and I never said it was wrong. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry.

Glad you result to insults when someone disagrees with you, too. Real mature.

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=12325.msg750873#msg750873 date=1204498181]
    I'm not heartless, Ron. I've said my RIPs to some of the people who have died from abuse. I pointed out the facts about our American prisons and jails and the problems that we have getting these people the help they need. I never said it was right and I never said it was wrong. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry.

Glad you result to insults when someone disagrees with you, too. Real mature.
    [/quote]
    nah-nah-nah-nah I can't hear you.

I was not even thinking about crime in terms of people in jail for possession or using.  I was thinking about the drug-gang wars, the robberies and burglaries that people commit to get the money for their fixes, the prostitution, accidents caused by impaired drivers, etc...

They need to make drug offenses more severe, especially for those who are dealing them, while at the same time expand treatment for addicts.

I contend that eliminating illicit drug users would make our society a much better place, at least for those folks who do not profit from it!

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=12325.msg750883#msg750883 date=1204498941]
    I was not even thinking about crime in terms of people in jail for possession or using.  I was thinking about the drug-gang wars, the robberies and burglaries that people commit to get the money for their fixes, the prostitution, accidents caused by impaired drivers, etc...

They need to make drug offenses more severe, especially for those who are dealing them, while at the same time expand treatment for addicts.

I contend that eliminating illicit drug users would make our society a much better place, at least for those folks who do not profit from it!
    [/quote]

Exactly, not all drug users are in jail for being drug users. They're in jail because of crimes they committed while on drugs. Cops don't pull 9 out of 10 drivers over and search them for drugs. Cops pull people over and/or lock them up for committing an act of violence, driving erratically or illegal activity, usually in the heat of the influence of the drug or in order to get the means to obtain to the drug.

Prohibition failed.
    [/quote]

You are a FOOL! Have you even seen what kind of effects ice and heroin have on people??? XTC and coke is one thing but hardcore drugs like ice, crack and heroin are another!

I'd put coke up there too.  Anything but weed really.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=12325.msg750989#msg750989 date=1204503725]
    I'd put coke up there too.  Anything but weed really.
    [/quote]

Have you ever seen what a pothead can do to a bag of Funyuns when they are high?!?!?!?! 
    They don't freaking share!!!!!

[quote author=Ruski link=topic=12325.msg750987#msg750987 date=1204503661]
    You are a FOOL! Have you even seen what kind of effects ice and heroin have on people??? XTC and coke is one thing but hardcore drugs like ice, crack and heroin are another!
    [/quote]
    So they should be tossed in jail? Yea, that'll help them.

[s]If[/s] When your karma reaches -20 I'm banning you.

You contribute nothing, and you only come here to insult people and be a fuckin tool.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12325.msg751004#msg751004 date=1204504026]

You contribute nothing, and you only come here to insult people and be a fuckin tool.
    [/quote]

:lol:

[/quote]

I love you Ron.  :kiss3:

And Ruski, coke and "XTC" are right up there with heroin.  Coke = Crack, with some shit mixed in.
    born to be down

[/quote]

It totally doesn't help, but, until we come up with another solution, people will continue to be locked up.

One of my professors was a probo officer in Richmond and she worked on this reward system to help addicts stay clean. If they stayed sober for 30 days say, they'd get a $10 gas card... but they ran into problems because each PO was given only $100-ish to spend on rewards per offender, so...

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=12325.msg751013#msg751013 date=1204504223]
    It totally doesn't help, but, until we come up with another solution, people will continue to be locked up.

One of my professors was a probo officer in Richmond and she worked on this reward system to help addicts stay clean. If they stayed sober for 30 days say, they'd get a $10 gas card... but they ran into problems because each PO was given only $100-ish to spend on rewards per offender, so...
    [/quote]
    I wasn't ignoring you before.
    I have just gone on my "pro-drug" rant so many times that I don't feel like doing it again.
    Therefore, you get a childish, yet entertaining response. :-D

Ron, look up there. 

[quote author=Morbid Curiosity link=topic=12325.msg751068#msg751068 date=1204506166]
    Ron, look up there. 
    [/quote]
    :lol: I should have said 30.

Ruski =

Carry on. 

Thread Information