Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to help h

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to he

This one tears me up inside. I just can't wrap my head around it. I mean, who has such a disregard for human life that not only will THEY not help...but forcefully keep others from helping also? It's sad what is becoming of people these days. Makes me very scared to ever bring children into this world.

RIP Miranda. I hope you haunt him.

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to he

please read the below article and reply to me if you think you could make it to court with us next week. it would mean a lot to me. mirandas mom, deb, has asked personally for you to join. could you imagine if that was someone you loved instead of miranda? i'm sure if the tables were turned you'd be there in a heart beat.

strength in numbers. PLEASE WE NEED YOUR HELP!

we will be at:

Rancho Cucamonga Court House
    8303 Haven Ave, 4th floor
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
    909-989-0056
    Fax: 909-945-4035

8:30AM
    MARCH 5TH, 2008

FROM THE DAILY BULLETIN:
    RANCHO CUCAMONGA - A judge began hearing testimony Thursday to help him decide whether an Ontario man should stand trial on involuntary manslaughter charges for allegedly failing to summon medical help for his girlfriend as she slowly died from a drug overdose inside his home. ..

During a preliminary hearing for Andrew Girvan in West Valley Superior Court, a pair of witnesses testified they wanted to help 23-year- old Miranda Daly as they watched her fade away from a deadly combination of Ecstasy and morphine.

But Girvan wouldn't let them, and even threatened them after they repeatedly said they wanted to take the dying woman to the hospital, they told the judge.

"He said, ..When she stops breathing, that's when we have a problem,"' witness Sean Clancy testified.

Testimony in the hearing is set to resume today. At its conclusion, Judge Raymond Van Stockum will decide whether prosecutors have sufficient evidence to take the case to trial.

The charges against Girvan are unusual because ordinary citizens generally have no legal obligation to render help to those who may need it.

Prosecutors, however, say Girvan's case is an exception because he took the situation a step further by also refusing to allow other people who were in the house to help Daly.

Girvan has pleaded not guilty.

The Corona woman died the morning of Aug. 12 inside Girvan's home in the 2500 block of Imperial Place.

Clancy testified
    Thursday that he went to the house with his friend, Chad Donato, earlier that night to buy cocaine from Girvan. Shortly after they arrived, Girvan took him into his bedroom, where he saw Daly on the bed unconscious and covered by a sheet. ..

Girvan told him the woman had taken about 10 morphine tablets and at least 13 Ecstasy pills. To show just how out of it she was, Girvan slapped her face, Clancy said.

A short time later, as he and Donato played pool, Girvan carried the woman from the bedroom to the living room and tossed her limp body toward the couch from several feet away, Clancy testified. She bounced off the armrest and landed on the floor without showing any sort of reaction, Clancy testified.

Clancy said he and Donato placed Daly onto the couch. They noticed she looked blue, and they began to seriously worry about her health, he said

Clancy said he told Girvan that Daly was going to die and pleaded with him to allow her to go to the hospital.

"He said to me, ..She's not going anywhere,"' Clancy testified.

Clancy said he and Donato tried repeatedly throughout the night to change Girvan's mind, but he refused, and eventually started carrying around an M-16 rifle.

Clancy said when he finally left, the woman was still breathing.

Donato told much the same story from the witness stand, though large portions of his testimony Thursday were rambling and incoherent.

Donato said he stayed at the house longer than Clancy, and was there when Daly died.

By then, Girvan's friend, Robert Carlos Macias, had also arrived, he said. Donato said Macias demanded his address and Social Security number, and bluntly threatened him about reporting the woman's death to the authorities.

Macias said "if I were to tell the cops, that he would have people looking for me and coming after my family," Donato testified.

Macias is charged in the case with making criminal threats and several drug counts. He is not facing a homicide charge. He has also pleaded not guilty.

Deputy District Attorney Michael Dowd said he expects to finish the hearing today.

your words are wasted because im not listening

I can't stand drug dealers, or the people that buy from them so, yeah.  W/E.

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to help h

You know, if the other kids left because the boyfriend was acting like a psycho, why didn't anyone call 911 as they drove away?  Or are they the only people on the face of the earth without cellphones?

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to help h

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=12325.msg746428#msg746428 date=1204186454]
    You know, if the other kids left because the boyfriend was acting like a psycho, why didn't anyone call 911 as they drove away?  Or are they the only people on the face of the earth without cellphones?
    [/quote]

That's exactly what I was thinking.  If they were so concerned, why didn't one of the people who were in and out of there call 911?  She'd most likely still be alive.

What a tragedy.  Her boyfriend sounds like a real piece of work.

kellymarie-I am very sorry about your friend.  I agree that it is ridiculous that you can, in the state of California, stand by and watch someone die without consequences in most cases.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=12325.msg746428#msg746428 date=1204186454]
    [/quote]

Good point, maybe this guy had such good drugs they didn't want to burn their bridge with their connection, especially if she lived. Maybe they didn't want to get that involved and get the guy busted. Maybe they were scared of him. Maybe they were too high.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=12325.msg746710#msg746710 date=1204217651]
    Good point, maybe this guy had such good drugs they didn't want to burn their bridge with their connection, especially if she lived. Maybe they didn't want to get that involved and get the guy busted. Maybe they were scared of him. Maybe they were too high.
    [/quote]

Ugh.maybe they were just stupid, apathetic assholes.  Like the River's Edge.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=12325.msg746783#msg746783 date=1204225072]
    Ugh.maybe they were just stupid, apathetic assholes.  Like the River's Edge.
    [/quote]

Exactly. I used to have a baja bug just like the one in that movie, but mine was white LOL

Ugh.maybe they were just stupid, apathetic assholes.
    Amen

RIP Miranda...

Another sad loss to drugs and stupidity for being involved with them in the first place. Yes, this guy should serve time for her death, but, ultimately, she was the one who snorted the coke, so...

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=12325.msg747530#msg747530 date=1204262929]
    RIP Miranda...

Another sad loss to drugs and stupidity for being involved with them in the first place. Yes, this guy should serve time for her death, but, ultimately, she was the one who snorted the coke, so...
    [/quote]
    So there's nothing  wrong with waving a gun around and telling people that she needs no help?
    This really sits well with you?

If you ever get called for jury duty, ignore it.
    Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12325.msg747536#msg747536 date=1204263257]
    So there's nothing  wrong with waving a gun around and telling people that she needs no help?

Please.
    [/quote]

He didn't put the gun to her head and tell her to get high.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12325.msg747536#msg747536 date=1204263257]

Please.
    [/quote]

I must've skipped over that whole part but come on... have some common sense... DRUGS KILL. Yes it was wrong of that douchebag "boyfriend" of hers to carry on like nothing happened, and threaten people (which I'm too impatient to read through and find) but seriously... people who start into drugs, no matter for fun or through habit don't always realise the dangers... she probably could have been saved, I'm not disputing that fact.... and yeah he should be brought to justice LIKE I FUCKING SAID.... I'm simply saying, she should have never gotten herself into that situation in the first place. I'm pretty sure I have stated before that I don't really feel any sympathy for those who mess with drugs and end up dying... no matter what the situation. Drugs are bad. Mkay?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=12325.msg747539#msg747539 date=1204263353]
    [/quote]
    But he told people to take off when she needed help, and died because no one did.
    I don't get the whole 'people do drugs so fuck em' stuff you guys are on.

If he took her to a hospital, I don't think he should be in trouble,
    but he not only didn't get help, he threatened people that might do so.
    In my eyes, that's some sick shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12325.msg747541#msg747541 date=1204263607]

[/quote]

I'm not really on that but I didn't have time to explain while posting on my phone at work and now I don't really give a fuck anymore.

Marching around your house carrying an M-16 during a party is some sick shit even if there isn't a dying woman on the couch.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=12325.msg747539#msg747539 date=1204263353]
    [/quote]

Thank you...

... but even then, there are countless other deaths on MDS that are OD related and I don't see all of you all sympathetic for people who were "partying the night away" or "mixed drugs"... I only see sympathy for people who were "trying to get clean" or "could have been saved but some asshole denied them help".... what the fuck is the difference between the girls like this one / that meth addict who passed recently and that girl who passed away after partying in a trailer??? You guys are alllllll so quick to judge "oh, she has huge eyes" "oh she's an idiot cos her quote says you don't have to be smart to be pretty".... but then as soon as another DRUG ADDICT does the SAME THING and OD'S but someone else doesn't want to take the responsibility for their friends actions???? What the fuck.... it's just fucked up.

[quote author=babymedic link=topic=12325.msg747548#msg747548 date=1204263770]
    Marching around your house carrying an M-16 during a party is some sick shit even if there isn't a dying woman on the couch.
    [/quote]

I'm pro gun and agree 100%. 

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12325.msg747541#msg747541 date=1204263607]
    [/quote]

Yeah, I'm on that because it's YOUR CHOICE to do drugs in most cases (unless you're slipped a roofie at a party). There has been enough drug education in schools and enough news stories on TV and in Hollywood from people overdosing... and it seems parents don't give a shit about their kids these days and kids think they know everything and turn to drugs for whatever reason but that's a whole 'nother rant. Anyway, my point in this whole "no sympathy for drug users" thing is exactly that.... YOU INGEST ILLEGAL DRUGS KNOWING THE DANGERS AND TO TAKE AN INVINCIBLE ATTITUDE IS BULLSHIT. You KNOW you can get hooked, you KNOW you can OD.... and even after hearing stories or seeing other people all fucked up on that shit or reading news stories or losing others... if you can't make the fucking CONSCIOUS DECISION to NOT PUT A FUCKING DANGEROUS CHEMICAL IN YOUR BODY... then I have no sympathy for you. If (and I pray I don't) I EVER die from an OD or a drug combination gone awry, I DO NOT WANT YOUR FUCKING SYMPATHY BECAUSE I MADE THAT CONSCIOUS DECISION AND IT'S MY OWN DAMN FAULT.

Very true... but she DID NOT choose to have a psycho not allow her the help that she could have recieved

[quote author=babymedic link=topic=12325.msg747557#msg747557 date=1204264350]
    Very true... but she DID NOT choose to have a psycho not allow her the help that she could have recieved
    [/quote]

But she was [s]doing[/s] dating him for the drugs.  By choice.

[quote author=babymedic link=topic=12325.msg747557#msg747557 date=1204264350]
    [/quote]

And I agree 100%.... but she did choose him as her boyfriend and if he was her boyfriend you would think she'd know enough about him to pick up on how sketch he is...

I am in NO WAY saying he shouldn't hold any responsibility or that he shouldn't serve time or any of that... I do believe he committed a crime a.) because he's a drug dealer and b.) he ignored a lifeless woman (his GIRLFRIEND, nonetheless) and c.) threatened others.

But, as Rick James said, cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Only 2 people know what happend... 1 is dead, and the other is probably only able to speak through a lawyer. So we'll never know the truth

The BF was a drug dealer, he didnt want to get busted because if he did then he would potentially reveal some other people in the drug trade which according to her BF was a "no go" hence why he didnt let anyone call the cops.

In case you didnt all know, drug dealers have no feelings or mercy 99% of the time. It is all about the profit and the high life. That girl's life was worth nothing to him. End of story.

Am I a bad person for not feeling bad about junkies ODing?

Thread Information