Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to help h

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to he

[quote author=Ruski link=topic=12325.msg750987#msg750987 date=1204503661]
    You are a FOOL! Have you even seen what kind of effects ice and heroin have on people??? XTC and coke is one thing but hardcore drugs like ice, crack and heroin are another!
    [/quote]

I know what kind of effect those drugs have on people.  The users that take them generally know what effect the drugs will have.  This hasn't stopped the epidemic of drug addiction in our country.  Not to mention that because drugs are illegal, people die every day trying to get them or because they got in the way of someone who wanted them.  Not to mention the huge resources that are spent on locking up people on drug related charges.  I hate drugs.  If they were legal I wouldn't run to the nearest pharmacy to coke myself up.  But if they were at least decriminalized, maybe we could put these huge resources into getting people help and to addressing the causes of why people turn to drugs in the first place.  And you know, drugs are legal in Holland and yet somehow the term 'Dutch' doesn't seem synonomous (sp) with 'cracked out junkie'...it can be done.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to help h

Mysticgirl. He's gone. He can't read that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to he

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12325.msg751192#msg751192 date=1204509449]
    Mysticgirl. He's gone. He can't read that.
    [/quote]

Damned one hour rule.[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12325.msg751076#msg751076 date=1204506581]
    :lol: I should have said 30.

Ruski =

Carry on. 
    [/quote]

Damned one hour rule.

Legalize pot, tax it and put the money into treatment programs for the hard drugs. You have to treat the demand. Most people who get addicted to hard drugs would like to find a way out.

PCP 2008!

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=12325.msg750848#msg750848 date=1204496872]
    But also, a lot of property crimes are drug related, too, as are small thefts and robberies... and even worse, murders. Drug use causes crime. End of story. I've seen studies where 85%+ offenders in jail were on drugs at time of their booking... a lot of prisoners have drug abuse problems but they can't get they help they need in jail and even if a judge sentences them to mandatory out patient rehab, who says they'll go? There aren't enough facilities or therapists or even volunteers willing to rehabilitate junkies or addicts. It's very expensive and the wait list is very long to get into in-patient rehab, and people will go to AA/NA but they won't make a conscious effort to get clean unless they absolutely want to. Then there's the whole free clinic and clean needle programs but those cause crime and problems in the areas they're located and they're also scarce and hard to find. Simply put, the US needs to reform their drug treatment programs, and the only reason they throw people in jail for drug offenses is because they really can't do anything else with them. There's just not a lot of options right now.

And yeah, alcohol kills people, so do hard street drugs (coke, heroin)... marijuana has never killed anyone, not a damn person, and who knows why the government decides what they do... but for you to say legalise all drugs and stop throwing people in jail for minor offenses is a stupid and very ignorant thing to say.
    [/quote]

I'm sorry, but you are fairly ignorant regarding current drug issues in the U.S. I'm not trying to be insulting, just honest.

The vast majority of crimes (especially those property crimes you noted)committed by substance abusers are caused due to the excessive prices of the drugs they are using.  There is no other product on the market (black, white, or gray) that experiences the INSANE markup that illicit drugs experience.

Why are drug dealers able to make such insane profits from these substances?  Because they are illegal.  If you take away the illegal nature of these drugs, tax them, and apply those taxes to rehab programs we would have more than enough funding for a complete overhaul of the substance abuse treatment system in the U.S.

This is only one aspect in the huge issue that is drug policy reform.  It appears you've done little research regarding this topic.  I'd recommend you check out "Under The Influence: The Disinformation Guide To Drugs" for some factual and up to date reading on the unwinnable 'War' on Drugs in the U.S.

Also, for those that state, "Drugs cause gang wars and violence and stuff..." This is also a direct cause of prohibition of substances that people ARE GOING TO USE NO MATTER WHAT.  The increased profitability of these substances due to their illicit nature is exactly what drives crime related to drugs.

I'd go on, but I'm at work.  Maybe later, or if you have specific questions or responses I could answer.

;)
    "So if I die today I'll be the happy phantom; And I'll go wearin' my naughties like a jewel; They'll be my ticket to the universal opera"

Re: Miranda Daly (23) died from a drug overdose when her boyfriend refused to help h

Sorry. post #2.

Exactly, not all drug users are in jail for being drug users. They're in jail because of crimes they committed while on drugs. Cops don't pull 9 out of 10 drivers over and search them for drugs. Cops pull people over and/or lock them up for committing an act of violence, driving erratically or illegal activity, usually in the heat of the influence of the drug or in order to get the means to obtain to the drug.
    Again, this is somewhat misinformed.  Police are trained to profile people in a certain way...this has been well documented, and of course the typical profile is usually something racist in nature.  There's an interesting study that examines the disparity in racial detention for substance abuse crimes and generally the person is not pulled over for weaving, or appearing under the influence, but for a crime like registration violation, cracked windshield, or something of that ilk.

This gives cops a chance to search the car...and detain the profiled people.

I'll see if I can find this. 

The majority of people who are in jail because of drugs are in jail due to minor posession charges.
    "So if I die today I'll be the happy phantom; And I'll go wearin' my naughties like a jewel; They'll be my ticket to the universal opera"

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Thanks for typing when I am too tired to Wren.
    +3. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=12325.msg750343#msg750343 date=1204474543]
    Am I a bad person for not feeling bad about junkies ODing?
    [/quote]

They're more than just junkies to someone. My ex OD'd while I was pregnant and now my daughter will never know her dad. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but I think the majority of drug users have the potential to to clean up and become productive members of society. It's just a matter of finding effective treatment. Still, most "junkies" are someones son, daughter, brother, sister, etc. Even if you don't feel bad for them, you should feel some sympathy for the people who cared about them and most likely went through hell trying to save them from their problem.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=21574.msg1377077#msg1377077 date=1251870961]<br />You are every kind of fail<br />[/quote]

[quote author=MeMeMeMe link=topic=12325.msg755380#msg755380 date=1204749146]
    They're more than just junkies to someone. My ex OD'd while I was pregnant and now my daughter will never know her dad. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but I think the majority of drug users have the potential to to clean up and become productive members of society. It's just a matter of finding effective treatment. Still, most &quot;junkies&quot; are someones son, daughter, brother, sister, etc. Even if you don't feel bad for them, you should feel some sympathy for the people who cared about them and most likely went through hell trying to save them from their problem.
    [/quote]

+1 hon.

That statement is wonderful and 100% true...
    &quot;So if I die today I&#039;ll be the happy phantom; And I&#039;ll go wearin&#039; my naughties like a jewel; They&#039;ll be my ticket to the universal opera&quot;

[quote author=wren link=topic=12325.msg754437#msg754437 date=1204694134]The vast majority of crimes (especially those property crimes you noted) committed by substance abusers are caused due to the excessive prices of the drugs they are using.&nbsp; There is no other product on the market (black, white, or gray) that experiences the INSANE markup that illicit drugs experience.

Why are drug dealers able to make such insane profits from these substances?&nbsp; Because they are illegal. &nbsp; If you take away the illegal nature of these drugs, tax them, and apply those taxes to rehab programs we would have more than enough funding for a complete overhaul of the substance abuse treatment system in the U.S.[/quote]

You are absolutely right Wren.&nbsp; And in support of that argument, the cost of a gram of pot in Amsterdam ranges from 6-9 euros depending on quality ($9-$12 USD).&nbsp; Not to mention The Netherlands government is receiving a portion of that price in taxes and doesn't have the additional expense of arresting, prosecuting, and jailing users, dealers and couriers.&nbsp; They also have a robust drug treatment program for the harder stuff because they've had the good sense to analyze the risk of drug use and focus their resources where they will do the most good.&nbsp; In the States, on the other hand, they spend so much time and money on simple (pot) possession cases that the real problem doesn't get tackled.&nbsp; I used to work for a police department in the States and the vast majority of our &quot;drug cases&quot; were traffic stops of teenagers who were found to be in possession of very small quantities of pot or a pipe with the dreaded &quot;residue.&quot;&nbsp; They actually busted people for finding seeds in the carpet!&nbsp; If that's not a waste of resources I don't know what is.&nbsp; &nbsp;

That aside, there has been an interesting update in this case.&nbsp; Looks like our friend Kellie and Miranda's mom have succeeded in their quest for justice.&nbsp; Andrew Girvan has had his charges upgraded from manslaughter to murder.

RIP Miranda... your friends and family are fighting for you.

http://www.sbsun.com/living/ci_8415039

Stakes rise in O.D. case; murder charge is filed
    By Rod Leveque, Staff Writer

RANCHO CUCAMONGA - An Ontario man accused of failing to help his girlfriend as she died of a drug overdose is now facing a murder charge.

Andrew Girvan had been charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with the August death of 23-year-old Miranda Daly.

Prosecutors upped the charge Friday, saying they now believe Girvan was not only negligent but malicious when he failed to summon medical help for the woman and then interfered with other people who tried to step in.

&quot;By allowing her to die in the way she did, he acted in conscious disregard of human life,&quot; Deputy District Attorney Michael Dowd said. &quot;So we feel this is an appropriate charge.&quot;

The manslaughter charge carried a penalty of up to four years in prison. The second-degree murder count could land Girvan behind bars for as long as 15 years to life.

The new charge marks a remarkable turn of events in the case.

Daly's family and friends initially had trouble persuading the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office to consider Daly's death a homicide.

The circumstances of the death posed tricky legal issues for prosecutors because it generally is not illegal for an average citizen to refuse to help someone in need.

Only after heavy lobbying by Daly's mother, Debbe Case, did prosecutors charge Girvan, 31, with manslaughter.

That charge cleared a major legal hurdle last week when a judge ruled prosecutors had sufficient evidence to take Girvan to trial.

Three witnesses testified at a preliminary hearing that they were inside Girvan's home with Daly in the early morning of Aug. 12 as she slowly slipped away from an excess of morphine and Ecstasy.

All three said it was clear to them that the woman was dying as she lay unconscious for more than six hours.

They testified that they pleaded with Girvan to allow them to take the woman to a hospital, but he refused.

They said Girvan, a reputed drug dealer, walked around the house with a gun and led them to believe they would be harmed if they contacted authorities.

Dowd said the strength of that testimony prompted him and his supervisors to re-evaluate the case.

The prosecutor also said he believed evidence in the hearing suggested Girvan supplied Daly with the drugs.

Girvan's attorney, Deputy Public Defender Donna Fernandez, did not return a call seeking comment Friday afternoon.

Fernandez said last week that she believed prosecutors were stretching to charge her client with manslaughter, and she was considering filing a motion to have the charge dismissed.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Yes, we were victorious in court on the 5th. Bail was set to 1million - and they raised the charges to a 187A.
    Court begins again on the 28th of March.

Case FWV702712 Defendant 58779 GIRVAN, ANDREW TIMOTHY KANO
    Arrest Charges
    Count Charge Severity Description Violation Date Plea Status
    1&nbsp; HS 11351&nbsp; F&nbsp; POSSESS/PURCHASE FOR SALE NARCOTIC/CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE&nbsp; 08/13/2007&nbsp; &nbsp;
    Filed Charges
    1&nbsp; PC 192(B)&nbsp; F&nbsp; INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER&nbsp; 08/13/2007&nbsp; &nbsp; HTA
    2&nbsp; HS 11378&nbsp; F&nbsp; POSSESSION CONTROLLED SUBST FOR SALE&nbsp; 08/13/2007&nbsp; &nbsp; HTA
    4&nbsp; PC 12021(A)(1)&nbsp; F&nbsp; FELON/ADDICT/ETC POSSESS FIREARM&nbsp; 08/13/2007&nbsp; &nbsp; HTA
    8&nbsp; HS 11351&nbsp; F&nbsp; POSSESS/PURCHASE FOR SALE NARCOTIC/CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE&nbsp; 08/13/2007&nbsp; &nbsp; HTA
    Infor Charges
    1&nbsp; PC 187(A)&nbsp; F&nbsp; MURDER&nbsp; 08/13/2007&nbsp; &nbsp; ACTIVE
    2&nbsp; PC 192(B)&nbsp; F&nbsp; INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER&nbsp; 08/13/2007&nbsp; &nbsp; ACTIVE
    5&nbsp; PC 12021(A)(1)&nbsp; F&nbsp; FELON/ADDICT/ETC POSSESS FIREARM&nbsp; 08/13/2007&nbsp; &nbsp; ACTIVE
    6&nbsp; HS 11351&nbsp; F&nbsp; POSSESS/PURCHASE FOR SALE NARCOTIC/CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE&nbsp; 08/13/2007&nbsp; &nbsp; ACTIVE
    7&nbsp; HS 11378&nbsp; F&nbsp; POSSESSION CONTROLLED SUBST FOR SALE&nbsp; 08/13/2007&nbsp; &nbsp; ACTIVE

your words are wasted because im not listening

im sorry but this case kinda makes me upset not only for the fact that he wouldn't let them help her but the people who tried to help could have easily just have left the house and call 911 for her..im sure he wouldn't hold that M16 in the police's face. but instead they just hung out around her unconscious body! to me..it looks like some people are just trying to cover their ass.

[quote author=Weiird_Freak link=topic=12325.msg766243#msg766243 date=1205441316] im sorry but this case kinda makes me upset not only for the fact that he wouldn't let them help her but the people who tried to help could have easily just have left the house and call 911 for her ..im sure he wouldn't hold that M16 in the police's face. but instead they just hung out around her unconscious body! to me..it looks like some people are just trying to cover their ass. [/quote]

I agree Weiird_Freak - I'm disturbed by that as well.&nbsp; I can't begin to imagine finding someone unconscious and being concerned enough to beg someone to call for help (like they claim to have done) and then leaving the house and thinking nothing more about it.&nbsp; For god's sake, they could have called annonymously from a phone booth or something!&nbsp; I wonder if any of these people who testified they tried to convince Girvan to get her to a hospital actually knew Miranda personally.&nbsp; Not that it matters - I wouldn't leave a total stranger in that condition, let alone an acquaintance or friend of a friend.

And to Kellie - good job!&nbsp; Miranda is lucky to have such a devoted mother and loving friend.&nbsp; Am I reading your post correctly?&nbsp; Is Girvan charged with 37 felony counts?&nbsp; And is the trial expected to start on the 28th of March or is that another hearing?&nbsp; I can't imagine his defense attorney not requesting a delay after being hit with an upgraded charge of Murder three weeks prior to start of trial.&nbsp; Please keep us posted as this case progresses.

RIP Miranda...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

[quote author=wren link=topic=12325.msg754437#msg754437 date=1204694134]
    The vast majority of crimes (especially those property crimes you noted)committed by substance abusers are caused due to the excessive prices of the drugs they are using.&nbsp; There is no other product on the market (black, white, or gray) that experiences the INSANE markup that illicit drugs experience.
    [/quote]

Can't really blame the dealers, if someone is willing to pay, let them.&nbsp; For someone that probably dropped outta high school, they sure know the rules of business and supply &amp; demand.&nbsp; I am sure they could care less about what this person had to do to get the money, just as long as they get paid.

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=12325.msg766784#msg766784 date=1205476194]
    I agree Weiird_Freak - I'm disturbed by that as well.&nbsp; I can't begin to imagine finding someone unconscious and being concerned enough to beg someone to call for help (like they claim to have done) and then leaving the house and thinking nothing more about it.&nbsp; For god's sake, they could have called annonymously from a phone booth or something!&nbsp; I wonder if any of these people who testified they tried to convince Girvan to get her to a hospital actually knew Miranda personally.&nbsp; Not that it matters - I wouldn't leave a total stranger in that condition, let alone an acquaintance or friend of a friend.

And to Kellie - good job!&nbsp; Miranda is lucky to have such a devoted mother and loving friend.&nbsp; Am I reading your post correctly?&nbsp; Is Girvan charged with 37 felony counts?&nbsp; And is the trial expected to start on the 28th of March or is that another hearing?&nbsp; I can't imagine his defense attorney not requesting a delay after being hit with an upgraded charge of Murder three weeks prior to start of trial.&nbsp; Please keep us posted as this case progresses.

RIP Miranda...
    [/quote]

I addressed this in an early post. They were probably afraid of getting themselves/their dope connection busted. Then where will they score the good shit, right? They were probably afraid of all the questions as they were probably high, right? They probably thought &quot;She might pull through.&quot; They might have been afraid of what he might have done to them if they had police and EMTs show up at his place.&nbsp; Having once been involved in the dope culture I'm sure these were the major considerations. Not saying it's right, just saying this is probably why this went down the way it did.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=12325.msg770684#msg770684 date=1205793181]I addressed this in an early post. They were probably afraid of getting themselves/their dope connection busted. Then where will they score the good shit, right? They were probably afraid of all the questions as they were probably high, right? They probably thought &quot;She might pull through.&quot; They might have been afraid of what he might have done to them if they had police and EMTs show up at his place.&nbsp; Having once been involved in the dope culture I'm sure these were the major considerations. Not saying it's right, just saying this is probably why this went down the way it did. [/quote]

I have no doubts you're right PCP777.&nbsp; It's easy to sit here with clarity of thought and declare that we would have done the right thing.&nbsp; I like to think I would have, but it's not always quite that cut and dry when there's a monkey on your back.&nbsp; And that's sad.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=12325.msg770684#msg770684 date=1205793181]
    I addressed this in an early post. They were probably afraid of getting themselves/their dope connection busted. Then where will they score the good shit, right? They were probably afraid of all the questions as they were probably high, right? They probably thought &quot;She might pull through.&quot; They might have been afraid of what he might have done to them if they had police and EMTs show up at his place.&nbsp; Having once been involved in the dope culture I'm sure these were the major considerations. Not saying it's right, just saying this is probably why this went down the way it did.
    [/quote]

you are right on one thing i really do believe they porbably thought she would pull through because they are druggies and it is probably normal for them to see a uncouncious or &quot;high&quot; person all the time i live the drug life right now,it's all around me,for heaven sake i live in MIAMI! lol ..but for the simple fact when police are investigating a murder case the last thing they care about is the drugs or stolen merchandise i know for a fact..they want to save that victim or just simply get to the bottom of who killed her..stating the fact that they do live in CALIFORNIA im sure they're not a hop jump skip away from getting another dealer..drugs in cali is like fake shxt in ny..it's EVERYWHERE lol..never the less.. no one really doesn't know what they would do in a situation until it really happens..

Just for the record. Miranda was not dating Andrew &quot;FOR DRUGS.&quot;

Also, she was not a junkie. Many people have experimented with drugs and are not considered junkies.

We do not know what happened that night. But what we do know is Miranda was smart enough to know that 13 morphine pills and 10 ecstasy pills would kill her.

She was was starting her new position as District Manager at her job the next morning. She would NEVER jeopardize her life. She wasn't like that.

We go back to court on August 1st, 2008. Girvan's attorney has delayed the case's the last two hearings. Hopefully now we will be able to proceed.

Miranda would be 24 on July 20th.

Please say Prayer for us. I will keep you posted.
    your words are wasted because im not listening

Happy birthday to miranda.

Please let us know how the hearings go.

[quote author=kellymarie link=topic=12325.msg921347#msg921347 date=1215482285]

Also, she was not a junkie. Many people have experimented with drugs and are not considered junkies.

We do not know what happened that night. But what we do know is Miranda was smart enough to know that 13 morphine pills and 10 ecstasy pills would kill her.

She was was starting her new position as District Manager at her job the next morning. She would NEVER jeopardize her life. She wasn't like that.

We go back to court on August 1st, 2008. Girvan's attorney has delayed the case's the last two hearings. Hopefully now we will be able to proceed.

[/quote]

I'm so sorry for your loss, you have our prayers. What a tragic loss, she looks like she was a kick ass chick. Please keep us posted.

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

i am really interested in hearing updates about this case. she seemed so vibrant and beautiful. i'm glad you guys are fighting for her in her honor. she has wonderful and loving friends. happy early birthday as well!

rip miranda. you didn't deserve this.
    One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

[/quote]

Happy Belated 24 Miranda, hope you are not partying too hard up there with Heath Ledger, Kurt Cobain and Jeff Buckley :D
    Any news Kelly?

[/quote]

I've watched this site for Miranda's case, and want to thank Kelly for all she has done to respectfully help Miranda and Mir's family throughout this whole time.&nbsp; I realize it hasn't been updated with anything - I am Miranda's mother, and a friend of Kelly's now.

I would like to express my appreciation to everyone here who has been kind and caring and thoughtful as to what the write about my daughter and how she was killed.&nbsp; It is still the most difficult part of my life is not having her here,&nbsp; her voice was silenced, and now I speak as best I can for her and her right to life.

Just wanted to post this quickly that the murder 2nd degree charges had been dismissed back in November 2008 by the judge mary fuller, without any consideration to what the prosecutor had as a crucial argument for not dismissing, and the defenses stragedy she which was so weak, and useless, in the acuality of what happened, but she still dismissed it.&nbsp;

The District Attorney's of SBCO took the case to the California 4th District Court of Appeals to reinstate this charge.&nbsp; It has taken since then until May 1st, 2009 for the decision to reinstate was issued by the Higher court, so he will stand trial for murder in the 2nd degree.&nbsp; Everything is public record and posted on the appropriate websites for the county.&nbsp; I have a myspace account for her which helped me tremendously to reach out for others who could help be her voice in this.&nbsp; We went from having them (the two in jail) almost going scott free, to involuntary manslaughter, to murder 2nd degree.&nbsp; &nbsp; I praise the efforts for everyone who has helped and raised their voice for her, no indeed, she did not deserve this kind of treatment, nor ending of her precious life.&nbsp;

Trial proceedings won't begin until early July, due to all the processing, and giving ample time for the defense to make an appeal to the Supreme Court should they decide to do that.&nbsp; and gives plenty of time, for it to be denied or processed, one way or the other, and a trial will take place.&nbsp;

As much as I hate looking at that man's face in court, with his laughing, and smirking and cockiness, I would have loved to see his demeanor when he was told he is going to trial for her murder.&nbsp; There was absolutely nothing involuntary about what he did to her.&nbsp;

The witnesses who were there did come forward on their own.
    There was two anonymous calls made from outside that mans home, and that is how they were caught. while probably deciding what to do with her.&nbsp; Myself and family are fortunate (if that isn't appalling enough to feel) that he did not dispose of her, and that she was found, and we were able to be with her before she was buried.

May she always look upon all who've been fighting for her, and for others like her who have been taken out this way.&nbsp; There are too many of these type of cases and it's impossible to believe, but many are leaving this world.
    and it is the fault of the drug dealers in the very first place, It's an epidemic way out of porportion to where we should be in this so called, &quot;War Against Drugs&quot; .... sorry, they haven't waged it upon the local dealers, but we hope that in the future we might be able to change Californias laws, and get dealers held responsible.&nbsp;

I'm not taking any personal decision for anyone getting involved into drugs in the first place, most know how it gets started, if the illegal drugs weren't here and not being pushed ---to the vulnerable (not speaking of my Mir )

then and only then will this begin to stop being a huge cost of human life and devastation.

[quote author=loveMir link=topic=12325.msg1269661#msg1269661 date=1241738837]
    I've watched this site for Miranda's case, and want to thank Kelly for all she has done to respectfully help Miranda and Mir's family throughout this whole time.&nbsp; I realize it hasn't been updated with anything - I am Miranda's mother, and a friend of Kelly's now.

I would like to express my appreciation to everyone here who has been kind and caring and thoughtful as to what the write about my daughter and how she was killed.&nbsp; &nbsp;It is still the most difficult part of my life is not having her here,&nbsp; her voice was silenced, and now I speak as best I can for her and her right to life.

Just wanted to post this quickly that the murder 2nd degree charges had been dismissed back in November 2008 by the judge mary fuller, without any consideration to what the prosecutor had as a crucial argument for not dismissing, and the defenses stragedy she which was so weak, and useless, in the acuality of what happened, but she still dismissed it.&nbsp;

The District Attorney's of SBCO took the case to the California 4th District Court of Appeals to reinstate this charge.&nbsp; It has taken since then until May 1st, 2009 for the decision to reinstate was issued by the Higher court, so he will stand trial for murder in the 2nd degree.&nbsp; Everything is public record and posted on the appropriate websites for the county.&nbsp; I have a myspace account for her which helped me tremendously to reach out for others who could help be her voice in this.&nbsp; We went from having them (the two in jail) almost going scott free, to involuntary manslaughter, to murder 2nd degree.&nbsp; &nbsp; I praise the efforts for everyone who has helped and raised their voice for her, no indeed, she did not deserve this kind of treatment, nor ending of her precious life.&nbsp;

Trial proceedings won't begin until early July, due to all the processing, and giving ample time for the defense to make an appeal to the Supreme Court should they decide to do that.&nbsp; and gives plenty of time, for it to be denied or processed, one way or the other, and a trial will take place.&nbsp;

As much as I hate looking at that man's face in court, with his laughing, and smirking and cockiness, I would have loved to see his demeanor when he was told he is going to trial for her murder.&nbsp; &nbsp;There was absolutely nothing involuntary about what he did to her.&nbsp;

There was two anonymous calls made from outside that mans home, and that is how they were caught. while probably deciding what to do with her.&nbsp; &nbsp;Myself and family are fortunate (if that isn't appalling enough to feel) that he did not dispose of her, and that she was found, and we were able to be with her before she was buried.

May she always look upon all who've been fighting for her, and for others like her who have been taken out this way.&nbsp; &nbsp;There are too many of these type of cases and it's impossible to believe, but many are leaving this world.
    and it is the fault of the drug dealers in the very first place, It's an epidemic way out of porportion to where we should be in this so called, &quot;War Against Drugs&quot; .... sorry, they haven't waged it upon the local dealers, but we hope that in the future we might be able to change Californias laws, and get dealers held responsible.&nbsp;

I'm not taking any personal decision for anyone getting involved into drugs in the first place, most know how it gets started, if the illegal drugs weren't here and not being pushed ---to the vulnerable (not speaking of my Mir )

then and only then will this begin to stop being a huge cost of human life and devastation.
    [/quote]

I just read the entire thread...&nbsp; Drugs were talked about and whether or not the person who took the drugs was partly responsible for their own death.&nbsp; Someone even said &quot;well he didn't hold a gun to her head to take the drugs&quot;... but nowhere did I see in anything I've read where anyone knows if he did or not.&nbsp; She was already unconcious when his friends got there and we certainly know he had a gun.&nbsp; I think it takes tremendous strength for her family to restrain from making that an issue.&nbsp; They don't make excuses, they state that it wasn't her normal behavior, they've never said that taking drugs wasn't risky or didn't play a part.&nbsp; They don't know if she took them voluntarily or not and no one will ever know for sure because the one person that does know is gone and the other is not trustworthy.&nbsp; I commend her family and friends for sticking together and making this about the real issue and that is that he failed to help her or to allow others to help her and as a result of THAT, she was not given a chance to live.&nbsp; Thank you for your updates.&nbsp; It also pushes the thread back up to the top so that new people (like me) read it too.

Wow. They got him for drugs, guns, AND manslaughter. Tripple wammy.

[quote author=loveMir link=topic=12325.msg1269661#msg1269661 date=1241738837]

I would like to express my appreciation to everyone here who has been kind and caring and thoughtful as to what the write about my daughter and how she was killed.&nbsp; &nbsp;It is still the most difficult part of my life is not having her here,&nbsp; her voice was silenced, and now I speak as best I can for her and her right to life.

As much as I hate looking at that man's face in court, with his laughing, and smirking and cockiness, I would have loved to see his demeanor when he was told he is going to trial for her murder.&nbsp; &nbsp;There was absolutely nothing involuntary about what he did to her.&nbsp;

There was two anonymous calls made from outside that mans home, and that is how they were caught. while probably deciding what to do with her.&nbsp; &nbsp;Myself and family are fortunate (if that isn't appalling enough to feel) that he did not dispose of her, and that she was found, and we were able to be with her before she was buried.

May she always look upon all who've been fighting for her, and for others like her who have been taken out this way.&nbsp; &nbsp;There are too many of these type of cases and it's impossible to believe, but many are leaving this world.

[/quote]

So very sorry for your loss and please keep us posted.

Thread Information