Thread: Deathwish teen lies on track and films train as it passes over him

Deathwish teen lies on track and films train as it passes over him

Darwin much?

A DEATHWISH teenager has filmed himself lying on rail tracks and letting a train pass over him and posted it on a video sharing website.
    The sick stunt is part of a new craze in which kids film dangerous tricks to share with their friends
    VIDEO ON LINK

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article677346.ece

Re: Deathwish teen lies on track and films train as it passes over him

I have to imagine that could be construed as a crime...interfering with public transportation or something, and the dude filmed it...granted the train easily passed over him as he knew it would...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And to think I only read the Enquirer.  Look what I'm missing out on!!
    It&#039;s a pay as you go world<br /><br />slap a halo on her head and call her misunderstood

British Smut Is Quite Interesting.&nbsp; They Had A Phone Number Where You Could Listen To Tapes Of Princess Diana Chatting Up Her Boyfriend
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

[quote author=MrBoddy2005 link=topic=12061.msg693163#msg693163 date=1200169517]
    British Smut Is Quite Interesting.&nbsp; They Had A Phone Number Where You Could Listen To Tapes Of Princess Diana Chatting Up Her Boyfriend
    [/quote]

Love British smut.&nbsp; Daily Mail, The Guardian. I've been reading it for eons.&nbsp;

Hey, gotta love our trashy mags/news columns. The Guardian, on the otherhand, is pretty upmarket, believe it or not.

[quote author=Ponch link=topic=12061.msg692969#msg692969 date=1200155984]
    I have to imagine that could be construed as a crime...interfering with public transportation or something, and the dude filmed it...granted the train easily passed over him as he knew it would...
    [/quote]

Agreed. A guy at college received community service for putting a breeze block on a line as a kid. Hazard of the job I guess being a driver, but he could have caused a flippin' heart attack/derailment. The guy is clearly a cock. If there had been any loose, hanging parts he could very well have ended up here as an article. That is assuming he can actually operate a computer.

arent some trains' front and back lower than the rest of the train - where he could have been dragged or hit? ugh i dont know - when people do stupid things like this, i really have to believe that they are suicidal.&nbsp;

Are deathwish teens really such a new phenomenon?&nbsp; I guess the videotaping of the actions may be new, but when I was growing up we used to drive rural roads with out lights off and run intersections if we couldn't see other cars coming (something my Illini hubby used to do, too).&nbsp; We also used to train hop, jump from the bridge to backs of trains, tie lunch trays to the back of cars and ride them like sleds, play chicken with cars, cliff dive. . .

I suppose if we'd videotaped those times, we'd be deathwish kids, too.&nbsp; Just seems like good ol' sensationalism.&nbsp; Also seems like you're just going to encourage more kids if you publish the kids' videos and names.&nbsp; Total instant stardom!

WOW I did a bunch of F'd up things when I was young, but it all pales in comparison. Sometimes I am glad that I have an autistic child that will live with me forever.&nbsp; I wonder what his folks are thinking.....I mean, they have to have seen this.....????????

TWINS who unwittingly got married after they were separated at birth were victims of a quirk of fate “cruel beyond belief,” it emerged last night.

I seen that on the page when i clicked anyone else read this somewhere other than the sun?

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=12061.msg694283#msg694283 date=1200261929]
    Are deathwish teens really such a new phenomenon?&nbsp; I guess the videotaping of the actions may be new, but when I was growing up we used to drive rural roads with out lights off and run intersections if we couldn't see other cars coming (something my Illini hubby used to do, too).&nbsp; We also used to train hop, jump from the bridge to backs of trains, tie lunch trays to the back of cars and ride them like sleds, play chicken with cars, cliff dive. . .

I suppose if we'd videotaped those times, we'd be deathwish kids, too.&nbsp; Just seems like good ol' sensationalism.&nbsp; Also seems like you're just going to encourage more kids if you publish the kids' videos and names.&nbsp; Total instant stardom!
    [/quote]

I think as you say, crazy stunts and wreckless teens have been around forever, it's just the forms of media available nowadays to capture the 'moment of glory'. I don't know whether it seems more shocking because we don't need to visualise it, we can witness it, or if it's because teens are generally seen to be all the more irresponsible these day's in the absence of having to work to support themselves and their families like before - who knows. I don't think The Sun have sensationalized in this instance [and hell yeah, they're usually good at it], because the kid literally must have a deathwish and the little punk will hopefully be made to feel like a total arse at some point because of this. As for copy-cat attempts, if he encourages any half-wits to take up the 'challenge' then that's sad. On the otherhand, if it goes wrong, that's one less idiot of a gene donor we have to worry about.

[quote author=Broken Epiphany link=topic=12061.msg694482#msg694482 date=1200273590]
    TWINS who unwittingly got married after they were separated at birth were victims of a quirk of fate “cruel beyond belief,” it emerged last night.

I seen that on the page when i clicked anyone else read this somewhere other than the sun?
    [/quote]

All over the news here, crazy much? It must be hard to just suddenly have to switch off your feelings too

This kid is my hero.

How much you want to bet that kid soiled himself? That front bumper thing barely missed him.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=12061.msg696451#msg696451 date=1200428370]
    How much you want to bet that kid soiled himself? That front bumper thing barely missed him.
    [/quote]

Some would call him stupid. I call him brave.

If he died he would have been stupid. :lol:

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=12061.msg696453#msg696453 date=1200428445]
    Some would call him stupid. I call him brave.

If he died he would have been stupid. :lol:
    [/quote]

Right? I think it was one of those things that seemed like a cool idea at first, but when you heard the train rumbling up on your back you might have second thoughts....like people who hang themselves? &quot;Maybe this was a bad idea-OH SHIT!!!&quot;

Once you set the wheels in motion there's no turning back....

At the end of the video, he doesn't jump up and celebrate, I think he scared the shit out of himself.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=12061.msg696451#msg696451 date=1200428370]
    [/quote]

or the train conductor.

Hopefully more kids will try to do this. :-D

jesus I just shat myself for him.. kids are dumb...&nbsp; :roll:
    If Only Closed Minds Came With Closed Mouths...<br />

so is this Deathwish thing like a web site where people do dumb things like this?

[quote author=sarahsue link=topic=12061.msg704402#msg704402 date=1200958932]
    so is this Deathwish thing like a web site where people do dumb things like this?
    [/quote]

'Deathwish' is just an word people use to label folk who take crazy risks. The link was to footage on a UK Newspaper's website

Thread Information