Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Justin Campbell aka Shaky (25) committed suicide by setting himself on fire

deliberate_misuse

Re: Justin Campbell aka Shaky (25) committed suicide by setting himself on fire

I have never suffered from depression and cannot imagine the anguish one must feel in order to think that death is preferable to life.  Poor guy.

What a waste......this guy seemed to be such a brilliant individual. 

What a shame it seems the world lost another intelligent young man. To really feel that death is better than life and choose to set yourself on fire is just well wow I can't even put it in words.

Very Sad.

RIP Shaky

That suicide blog was so....I don't even know what to say. This was really hard to read, it broke my heart.

RIP Shaky

This is why I gotta stop reading, This shits so fucking sad       R.I.P Dude

I hope you found that someone
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

That blog about memories he wrote is something I think we all can relate to.  It's weird what bits and pieces we remember from our childhoods.  Good or bad it is with us forever.

RIP Justin.

What a painful way to end your life! I feel sorry for this guy, it appears he had NO one.

RIP Justin (shaky)  It would have got better I'm sure with therapy.  :(

It's too bad that some people don't realize how great they are.  His journals are so sad but so brilliant.  I hope that when I die, I can meet this guy and give him a big hug.  He seemed like a really awesome guy. 

RIP Shaky, I hope it didn't hurt too bad.

I wonder if this guy had mild schizophrenia, the way his thoughts race as he describes in his posts, and also the way he posts.

Andy - I noticed those blogs were from six years ago, too. I wonder if anyone ever tried to get him into therapy or on meds or something. I also wonder why they called him shaky. I wonder a lot of things. But regardless, this is sad. I love that somebody changed his myspace to "loved", as Nads said.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/14996382/detail.html

Clearly this guy was extremely disturbed.  Reading through those live journals he so badly wants to be a martyr.  So he sets himself on fire to punish all the people who tried to smack some sense into him.  He proactively pushed everyone away so he could wallow in his misery.  Spent so much time trying to project the romantic notion that he was too pure for this cruel world, so beyond us all that he couldn't take comfort in the silly illusions we cling too... bleccchhhh.  He was cynical and bitter and it's a shame he couldn't get help. 
    I don't change people's karma, I think that's gay.

People are starting to leave comments on his band's MS:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =8460529

[quote author=Jesse James link=topic=12000.msg691548#msg691548 date=1200077666]
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/14996382/detail.html

Clearly this guy was extremely disturbed.  Reading through those live journals he so badly wants to be a martyr.  So he sets himself on fire to punish all the people who tried to smack some sense into him.  He proactively pushed everyone away so he could wallow in his misery.  Spent so much time trying to project the romantic notion that he was too pure for this cruel world, so beyond us all that he couldn't take comfort in the silly illusions we cling too... bleccchhhh.  He was cynical and bitter and it's a shame he couldn't get help. 
    [/quote]

Didn't u learn anything from your last smiting?

I have been diagnosed with depression a few times.  I have been on multiple medications.  I guess I am one of the lucky ones that was diagnosed and treated correctly.  I did think about suicide a couple of times.  But the thought of setting myself on fire never crossed my mind.  I used to cut myself so the physical pain would equal the mental pain I was in...so maybe this is why he went to such an extreme.  He might have been in so much mental pain that "fire" was the only thing that resembled it in a physical way.

RIP Shaky
    It&#039;s a pay as you go world<br /><br />slap a halo on her head and call her misunderstood

Shit, I have a friend that lives in Fountain Square.&nbsp; Very artsy district here in Indy.&nbsp;

There is a fine line between brilliant and insane.&nbsp; Depression can be a very good fuel for creative writing, something I've experienced personally.&nbsp; It's too bad he didn't realize his potential.&nbsp; He could have been like a Spalding Gray... but then again, that didn't end so well either.&nbsp;

Wow. This is incredibly sad. I wish he could have found the help he needed. Hopefully he's at peace now.

RIP

I just wanted to say that Justin was an amazing guy

super sweet...

We all just went to a show together recently.

I wish I had known that was the last time I would see him or I would have hugged him longer and tighter.

Shaky, I hope you are happier now.

You are so amazing and we all miss you so much.

&lt;3

[quote author=smashed poptart link=topic=12000.msg693195#msg693195 date=1200172622]
    I just wanted to say that Justin was an amazing guy

super sweet...

We all just went to a show together recently.

I wish I had known that was the last time I would see him or I would have hugged him longer and tighter.

Shaky, I hope you are happier now.

You are so amazing and we all miss you so much.

&lt;3
    [/quote]

I'm so sorry for your loss.&nbsp; He sounded like a nice guy.

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=12000.msg693200#msg693200 date=1200172839]
    I'm so sorry for your loss.&nbsp; He sounded like a nice guy.
    [/quote]

thank you =)

dont worry, he had a lot of friends and was loved.

I just hope he is finally happy.

Funeral today and I really dont want to go

=(

What a horrible way to die. He didn't seem weird to me, troubled maybe... but he seemed like a decent guy. Who knows.

I hope he found peace, wherever he is.

RIP Justin

Yea this one was sad and I feel very bad for him! I love that he took the time to leave a message for his loved ones! He did seem like a really cool guy to know!

R.I.P Shaky
    I am like the Tin Man, I wish I had a heart.

This is big time hardcore...I have no shame in admitting I would not have the balls to go out like that. If I ever off myself it's gonna be something quick and painless. Shotgun barrel between the eyes and boom
    Hugo, yer starin&#039; at me like I just f***in&#039; asked you the square root of something

You must be pretty fucked up and depressed to even consider setting yourself on fire. Hanging or pill overdose would be much more easier and pain free.
    Boringgggggggggggggggg.

Wow... He must have been beyond depressed..

RIP Bud.. hope you're ok now
    If Only Closed Minds Came With Closed Mouths...<br />

[quote author=missberi link=topic=12000.msg691600#msg691600 date=1200080747]
    Didn't u learn anything from your last smiting?
    [/quote]

Nah Ms. Beri.&nbsp; Internet discipline just doesn't make or break me somehow.&nbsp; No offense.&nbsp; On this one I was just stating my opinion though.&nbsp;
    I don&#039;t change people&#039;s karma, I think that&#039;s gay.

Thread Information