Page 2 of 228 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: MDS Preggos, Papas & Mamas - Ramble here! :)

Re: MDS Preggos, Papas & Mamas - Ramble here! :)

[quote author=JustGretch link=topic=11994.msg689439#msg689439 date=1199935663]
    Shut UP. I am, just, there are no words.  I didn't know such a thing was possible. Unless she meant they were going at it hot & heavy and it, uh, came out? Ew. Just EW.
    [/quote]

No, he was in there for the specific reason to pull it out.  Trust me, I told her that wasn't something I was going to recruit my boyfriend to do..and even if I tried asking he would shoot me down really quick, understandably.

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=11994.msg689441#msg689441 date=1199935720]
    Oops!  You should know by now that I have a problem with details.  How about 1/23 then?
    [/quote]

I was thinking that!  I thought 1/18/08 would be cool too, but knowing my luck it will just be a random, boring day.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=JustGretch link=topic=11994.msg689444#msg689444 date=1199935843]
    I wanted Joe to be born on New Year's Eve, he came on the 4th. Punk.
    This time, my due date is 4-14 or 4-21 depending who you ask, I want 04-06-08. Yes, I am that anal and weird.
    [/quote]

My kids' birthdays are 7/23 and 7/31.  Nothing memorable about them whatsoever.

My kid's is 12/20/2000. So many 2's.

Mucous plug...

Having my bf pull out mucous plug X100000

I'd like to see how long it's going to take him to view her vagina as sexual again after that. :|
    [quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

If it's any consolation, puking is a sign of a healthy pregnancy.&nbsp;

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=11994.msg689367#msg689367 date=1199932666]
    How far along are you?

The nausea and puking will subside, I promise.
    [/quote]Are you serious? Mine never did. NEVER.

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=11994.msg689421#msg689421 date=1199934990]
    Then her birthday will be 2/22.&nbsp; Cool!

I was nauseated throughout both of my pregnancies.&nbsp; The only part of being pregnant that I enjoyed was feeling the baby move inside me.&nbsp; I was never one of those cheerful, glowing pregnant women.
    [/quote]I was so upset because I have this weird thing with odd numbers, and my daughter's due date was 3/17/03. I was devastated, but then she was born the last day of February. Hooray!

And I wasn't, either. Die.

[quote author=bbc link=topic=11994.msg689462#msg689462 date=1199936260]
    My kid's is 12/20/2000. So many 2's.

Mucous plug...

Having my bf pull out mucous plug X100000

I'd like to see how long it's going to take him to view her vagina as sexual again after that. :|
    [/quote]Oh, puke. I don't think I had a mucous plug, if that's possible. If I did, I lost it somewhere and had no idea. Probably on the couch in my sorority house.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=11994.msg689495#msg689495 date=1199938846]

Oh, puke. I don't think I had a mucous plug, if that's possible. If I did, I lost it somewhere and had no idea. Probably on the couch in my sorority house.
    [/quote]

I don't think I had one either. Maybe my bf pulled it out in my sleep

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=11994.msg689427#msg689427 date=1199935216]
    Nope, 1/22..if it actually got to 2/22 I would be doing one of these:&nbsp;

:lol:

My stupid boyfriend had this look on his face when I told him she could come as late as the beginning of Feb.&nbsp; Then he goes, &quot;That's around the time of the Superbowl.&quot;&nbsp; Gee thanks, I don't want him to miss that for the birth of his child.

My friend Kristin is getting induced tonight, actually.&nbsp; She told me about a week ago, her boyfriend pulled the mucous plug out of her&nbsp;

How do you do that? Is that even safe?
    [/quote]

My first was born 1/30/2000, Superbowl Sunday.

It was hilarious seeing the guys come visit me and quickly congratulate me as they ran for the TV because their&nbsp; wives/girlfriends made them come.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=11994.msg689495#msg689495 date=1199938846]
    Are you serious? Mine never did. NEVER.
    [/quote]

You're rare.

[quote author=gutsywoman link=topic=11994.msg689422#msg689422 date=1199935041]
    It's still VERY early...too early for me to be talking about it...but I couldn't help it.&nbsp; lol
    [/quote]

When are you due lady!

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=11994.msg689449#msg689449 date=1199935936]
    No, he was in there for the specific reason to pull it out.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

This is the cutest thread EVER!&nbsp; I love hearing from pregnant women - its the best birth control ever.

Here is my son's favorite story of his birth.&nbsp; I spent the last 3.5 months in bed, on my left side, bitching at anyone stupid enough to come visit.&nbsp; They let me stand up finally on June 12, and I was in labor hours later.&nbsp; Even though my son had been making mad dashes for the cervix for the last 3.5 months, it took FOREVER to actually get him out.&nbsp; He was born at 1:09 am on the 14th.&nbsp; There were a few minor problems so I had a line of doctors and nurses and whatnot staring at my crotch as i was having him, but who cares really at that point.&nbsp; So anyway - they rush him to the other side of the room to check him out, he's fine, they wrap him up in a blanket and bring him to me to admire.&nbsp; I reach up, take him in my arms, and puke all over him and everywhere.&nbsp; Welcome to the world little baby!

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=11994.msg689505#msg689505 date=1199939650]

When are you due lady!
    [/quote]

LOL um depending on who you ask, August 31 or September 7th.&nbsp; Like I said...it's really early, but my husband and I have been trying off and on for YEARS so I was trying to keep it under wraps until the 3 month mark, but I can't stop myself.&nbsp; I swear...I was in Target looking at people and thinking, &quot;People stop!&nbsp; Don't you know what's going on???&nbsp; I'm with child!!!&quot;&nbsp; Like the dude who is picking out his new fishing tackle gives a crap about me being knocked up.&nbsp;

On another note...anyone get any hip pain really early in pregnancy?&nbsp; Two mornings this week I have woken up unable to walk very well cause of the pain in my right hip.&nbsp; I have a history of that hip giving me some trouble, but no where near this level of pain.&nbsp; I had to ride one of those hover rounds at the grocery store...and while that looks like it might be fun, it's really not when you actually need to use it.&nbsp;
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn.

[quote author=gutsywoman link=topic=11994.msg689765#msg689765 date=1199970368]
    LOL um depending on who you ask, August 31 or September 7th.&nbsp; Like I said...it's really early, but my husband and I have been trying off and on for YEARS so I was trying to keep it under wraps until the 3 month mark, but I can't stop myself.&nbsp; I swear...I was in Target looking at people and thinking, &quot;People stop!&nbsp; Don't you know what's going on???&nbsp; I'm with child!!!&quot;&nbsp; Like the dude who is picking out his new fishing tackle gives a crap about me being knocked up.&nbsp;

On another note...anyone get any hip pain really early in pregnancy?&nbsp; Two mornings this week I have woken up unable to walk very well cause of the pain in my right hip.&nbsp; I have a history of that hip giving me some trouble, but no where near this level of pain.&nbsp; I had to ride one of those hover rounds at the grocery store...and while that looks like it might be fun, it's really not when you actually need to use it.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

All I'm going to say is just wait.

Is this your first pregnancy?&nbsp; Or at least the first after the hip pain started?&nbsp; I got into a car accident when I was 16, which apparently at the time shifted my pelvis.&nbsp; I had bad pain after the accident, but it was dormant until I got pregnant.&nbsp; Then your body starts shifting and accommodating, not to mention the fetus (or at least mine) likes to hang out on the right side exclusively, so it just puts more pressure down.&nbsp; I've gone to physical therapy for it, had medication, and it still hurts.&nbsp;

I would look into some physical therapy now, before you have more weight and pressure on that side. Stretches do seem to help.

Edited: Not to scare you or anything... :lol:

Pillows between your legs while you are laying down/sleeping are a lifesaver.&nbsp;

On another note...anyone get any hip pain really early in pregnancy?&nbsp; &nbsp;Two mornings this week I have woken up unable to walk very well cause of the pain in my right hip.&nbsp; I have a history of that hip giving me some trouble, but no where near this level of pain.&nbsp; I had to ride one of those hover rounds at the grocery store...and while that looks like it might be fun, it's really not when you actually need to use it.&nbsp;
    [/quote]
    Congratulations!&nbsp; Now get thee to the swimming pool.&nbsp; My bff will one day need a hip replacement, she keeps the pain under control and staves off the evil day with water walking, low impact water aerobics and the like.&nbsp; The pool where we go has a class specifically for moms to be and new moms with babies.&nbsp; They all swear by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=LettucePrey link=topic=11994.msg689710#msg689710 date=1199967310]&nbsp; I love hearing from pregnant women - its the best birth control ever.
    [/quote]

Totally agree.

:|
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=JustGretch link=topic=11994.msg689404#msg689404 date=1199934279]
    I didn't throw up, but man, the nausea this time was a BITCH! I spent an entire week half dead on the couch back in August. That was about the time I stocked up on the massive boxes of Saltines from Costco and cases of ginger ale.
    [/quote]

Oh, I know you did, sister!!&nbsp; :-P
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=11994.msg689860#msg689860 date=1199977716]

Totally agree.

:|
    [/quote]

:x

You know you want kids someday. Gotta carry on the Bozeman name!&nbsp; :lol:

sweet new thread...taking millie moo to the doc today, her appetite has gone down immensely and I'm worried.&nbsp; Preggos, make sure you find a ped for your baby that will take you in the day that you call, it really helps to ease a new mommy's mind.&nbsp;

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=11994.msg689219#msg689219 date=1199926158]
    I am 35 weeks and can't wait to get this kid out of me. I need some castor oil, stat!
    [/quote]

Use &quot;Raspberry LEAF tea&quot; not raspberry tea... it helps!!!!&nbsp; it is all natural, and no caffeine.... but it is proven to help you along in the effacement process!

[quote author=LettucePrey link=topic=11994.msg689710#msg689710 date=1199967310]
    So anyway - they rush him to the other side of the room to check him out, he's fine, they wrap him up in a blanket and bring him to me to admire.&nbsp; I reach up, take him in my arms, and puke all over him and everywhere.&nbsp; Welcome to the world little baby!
    [/quote]

I could not get Joe out for the life of me, we had a really bad labor. Bad decelerations, my asthma flared up, meconium when they broke the water, the works...They were trying to use the vacuum, and it kept not catching well enough to get him out, so they had a nurse yanking back either leg and another literally SITTING on me. Finally, I hurled with such force that he came out. Sorry, nurse who got 48 hours worth of Italian Ice and water to the back of the head.

[quote author=natashastar link=topic=11994.msg690151#msg690151 date=1199989006]
    sweet new thread...taking millie moo to the doc today, her appetite has gone down immensely and I'm worried.&nbsp; Preggos, make sure you find a ped for your baby that will take you in the day that you call, it really helps to ease a new mommy's mind.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Awww...Poor Millie. And poor MamaNat. Everything is always 100 times more stressful when it's such a fresh, new baby.&nbsp; Our pediatrician was actually my pediatrician, so we've known her, geez, 18 years now. She is the best doctor I've ever met, and I wish I could still be seen by her. I always tell her she's not allowed to retire until I'm done having kids. :)
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what&#039;s left inside the box. -Me

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=JustGretch link=topic=11994.msg690252#msg690252 date=1199992162]

Finally, I hurled with such force that he came out. Sorry, nurse who got 48 hours worth of Italian Ice and water to the back of the head.

[/quote]

I'm going to rename you JustRetch!

When I was preggo - I really hated it.&nbsp; I felt too responsible for everything I ate or did.&nbsp; Now I do miss the belly and the excuse to eat without people looking at you like you're a fat ass.

I was due on 12/29/06 and my midwife was going away for christmas.&nbsp; On the 15th I begged her to check me and see if I had any progress - she poked around quite a bit, and the next night I had a bowl of fresh pineapple and a healthy dose of oral loveliquid (I read it on the internet and my hubby was more than happy to provide) - woke up at 6am with broken water - yay

My labor was absolute hell though - 25 hours back labor on a pitocin drip. they tried for 2 hours to give me an epidural with no luck (I'm allergic to painkillers like vicodin and morphine so none of that).&nbsp; I puked in my last stages of pushing too.....

and now my husband wants another one.&nbsp;

[quote author=LettucePrey link=topic=11994.msg689710#msg689710 date=1199967310]
    This is the cutest thread EVER!&nbsp; I love hearing from pregnant women - its the best birth control ever.

Here is my son's favorite story of his birth.&nbsp;&nbsp; I spent the last 3.5 months in bed, on my left side, bitching at anyone stupid enough to come visit.&nbsp; They let me stand up finally on June 12, and I was in labor hours later.&nbsp; Even though my son had been making mad dashes for the cervix for the last 3.5 months, it took FOREVER to actually get him out.&nbsp; He was born at 1:09 am on the 14th.&nbsp; There were a few minor problems so I had a line of doctors and nurses and whatnot staring at my crotch as i was having him, but who cares really at that point.&nbsp; So anyway - they rush him to the other side of the room to check him out, he's fine, they wrap him up in a blanket and bring him to me to admire.&nbsp; I reach up, take him in my arms, and puke all over him and everywhere.&nbsp; Welcome to the world little baby!

[/quote]

I have a friend on each of her kids birthdays, will call them and tell them their whole birth story every year. They answer the phone and she just starts &quot;It was April 5th, 1975......&quot; I thought it was the cutest tradition ever.

I'm sorry your birth was so complicated, but you had a healthy kid right?! Congrats!

LOL um depending on who you ask, August 31 or September 7th.&nbsp;

On another note...anyone get any hip pain really early in pregnancy?&nbsp;&nbsp; [/quote]

CONGRATS! (again)

And I didn't have hip pain until I was about 5 months, but I get knee pain. I get it before I even know I am pregnant. Actually, it's how I know I'm pregnant.

[quote author=hollisann link=topic=11994.msg690284#msg690284 date=1199993432]
    When I was preggo - I really hated it.&nbsp; I felt too responsible for everything I ate or did.&nbsp; Now I do miss the belly and the excuse to eat without people looking at you like you're a fat ass.

I was due on 12/29/06 and my midwife was going away for christmas.&nbsp; On the 15th I begged her to check me and see if I had any progress - she poked around quite a bit, and the next night I had a bowl of fresh pineapple and a healthy dose of oral loveliquid (I read it on the internet and my hubby was more than happy to provide) - woke up at 6am with broken water - yay

My labor was absolute hell though - 25 hours back labor on a pitocin drip. they tried for 2 hours to give me an epidural with no luck (I'm allergic to painkillers like vicodin and morphine so none of that).&nbsp; I puked in my last stages of pushing too.....

and now my husband wants another one.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Wait.... sex? Or oral sex?

And pineapple?

[/quote]

August 31 = the best birthday EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=11994.msg690301#msg690301 date=1199994356]

And pineapple?
    [/quote]
    Yeah, but you have to swallow&nbsp; you absorb more of the prostaglandins if you swallow it than if you just have sex
    and I like pineapple and found that folk remedy on a website

oh yeah and my midwife had me taking these herbal capsules for a week before, so I'm not sure which of the 3 actually did it.

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=11994.msg690301#msg690301 date=1199994356]

And pineapple?
    [/quote]

I'll give you the same advice I gave Nat...Get to and or you will be forever!!!
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what&#039;s left inside the box. -Me

but isn't 35 weeks a little soon? full term isn't until 37 weeks.

Thread Information