Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Said (17) & Amina Said (18) were shot to death by dad in a "honor killing"

mydeathspace

Sarah Said (17) & Amina Said (18) were shot to death by dad in a "honor killing"

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008...honor_killing_

This is why I stay away from everything having to do with religion.

Here is the "HONORABLE" father in Egypt:

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-26-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Re: Sarah Said (17) & Amina Said (18) were shot to death by dad in a "honor killing"

I have never understood how murdering someone can be considered an "honour killing".  Whatever happened to talking to your children or grounding them if you don't like the way they are behaving.

RIP Sarah and Amina

Re: Sarah Said (17) & Amina Said (18) were shot to death by dad in a "honor kill

This was all over the news yesterday. They say they found them in a taxi cab. Swat surrounded the dad's home for over 5 hours, only to discover nobody was there. Apparently he was upset with his daughter's dating activity. The mother and 19 year old son are alive and safe.  One of the sisters called 911 and told them she was dying at 7:30 Tuesday.  They found the girls  inside a taxi at the service entrance to the Mandalay Omni. Both girls were terrific students.

I hope they get the bastard soon.

Re: Sarah Said (17) & Amina Said (18) were shot to death by dad in a "honor kill

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=11854.msg679384#msg679384 date=1199352299]

Here is the "HONORABLE" father in Egypt:

[/quote]

Looks Like He Enjoys The Hookah
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

Honor killing

An honor killing is the murder of a victim (almost always a female) by, or at the behest of, close family members with the aim of undoing the loss, or perceived loss, of wider family status owing to the actions or status of the victim. Victims are usually killed for actions seen to be sexually immodest. While honour killing is widespread among rural Muslim, Druze and Yazidi tribes in some Arab countries and Pakistan, it is much rarer or non-existent in the Muslim communities of Kazakhstan, Kyrghyzstan, most of Central Asia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, sub-Saharan Africa, Malaysia and Indonesia. It also occurs among Sikh adherents in India and Canada. In the book Shame, Jasvinder Sanghera claimed that Sikhs in Britain practise honour killings.

Sad, sad, sad.

Amina's headline: "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

Her page makes me so sad :-(

Where it says, "I don't want to become a memory."

When I was in college I did a lot of research on honor killings and they make me sick.  Absolutely horrendous.  Hopefully they catch the father before he gets out of the country.  In many Muslim-dominated countries the men are given a slap on the wrist, if that.  If he gets out of the country say goodbye to extradition.

RIP girls. You were very beautiful and didn't deserve this.

They were just being kids; why is that so wrong???

I will never understand Shari'a Law or honor killings :x

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

Man, this fucker is messed up!  It takes a cold heart to do this.    I hope they take this piece of shit out! 

RIP: Sarah & Amina  :(

Slain Lewisville girls' brother calls on taxi driver father to surrender

Son disputes that Islam played role in teens' deaths; father still at large

09:15 PM CST on Thursday, January 3, 2008

By SCOTT GOLDSTEIN / The Dallas Morning News
    sgoldstein@dallasnews.com

The brother of two teenage girls who police believe were fatally shot by their father this week pleaded Thursday night for his father to surrender to authorities.

"I never thought this would happen," said Islam Said, 19. "Tell him to turn himself in."

Yaser Abdel Said, a 50-year-old cabdriver, is being sought in the deaths of Amina Yaser Said, 18, and Sarah Yaser Said, 17. The Lewisville High School students were found shot to death in a taxi at an Irving hotel Tuesday night.

Islam Said and his mother appeared at a candlelight vigil in honor of the girls outside the high school Thursday night. Dozens of students and teachers gathered around pink posters signed with messages for the girls, described as well-liked students who played tennis and soccer and excelled in Advanced Placement courses.

Mr. Said also disputed widespread rumors and media reports that his father's religion may have been part of the motive. There has been speculation that the slayings were an honor killing, a practice in some Muslim cultures where a man kills a female family member who is believed to have shamed the family.

"It's not religion," he said. "It's something else. Religion has nothing to do with it."

Mary Said was surrounded by family and friends during a candlelight vigil for her daughters in front of Lewisville High School on Thursday.

Mr. Said declined to speak in detail about a possible motive.

Irving police spokesman David Tull said authorities are exploring all possible motives in the slayings, including that they may have been an honor killing. He acknowledged there had been some domestic issues in the family.

"We're well aware of the family dynamics," he said. "Everyone wants to know the motive. The only person that can really tell us is him."

Officer Tull said there had been no progress Thursday in locating Mr. Said but noted that federal authorities are participating in the manhunt.

"We've got a large net cast," he said.

Officer Tull said there's a possibility that the Egyptian-born man may have left the country.

"He's not a stranger to travel," he said.

Zohair Zaidi, a close friend of Sarah's, said Sarah told him their father had threatened harm to Amina recently when he discovered she had a boyfriend.

"Her dad has always been oppressive with her and her sister," said Mr. Zaidi, 18.

"She said that one day when she came home – the day he found out about Amina's boyfriend – he told Sarah, 'I'm going to put a bullet through Amina's head, and you better get used to her because she's not going to be around much longer.' "

One of the sisters called 911 from a cellphone around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. She said she was dying, according to an Irving police report. Police traced the call to O'Connor Road and Riverside Drive, where police initially did not find the caller.

An hour later, police received another call about two unconscious females inside a taxi at a service entrance of the Omni Mandalay Hotel. Police located the vehicle and found the sisters.

"The victims' mother provided information that pointed to the victims' father as the suspect," the Irving police report said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/010408dnmetteenskilled.241cec3.html#

Every time there is an "honor killing" someone has to jump to the defense that it's not because of Islam, I wonder why that is?  :angel3:

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=11854.msg681030#msg681030 date=1199420322]

"She said that one day when she came home – the day he found out about Amina's boyfriend – he told Sarah, 'I'm going to put a bullet through Amina's head, and you better get used to her because she's not going to be around much longer.' "[/b]

[/quote]

I really hope they catch this fucker soon. I cannot fathom how some people can kill their own children over such STUPID, trivial shit!

RIP Sarah and Amina. 

Re: Sarah Said (17) & Amina Said (18) were shot to death by dad in a "honor killing"

This is very weird. Whose taxi was it? The one the father drove? Seems likely. I wonder if he had his escape plans all laid. How sad to die in a taxi in a service area.

Hmmm, so he didn't kill them over religion? I am having my doubts about the mother's statement.  If it wasn't an honor killing then he would be killing out of jealousy.  If he killed them for having a boyfriend and not religion, does the family even know how bad that sounds? It is horrible no matter what the reason,  but I hope he wasn't harming those girls long before he killed them.  What a sick bastard!

WTF is wrong with people?  How can you kill your own kids like that! Honor killing or not, it's all so pointless.  So, the girl had a boyfriend, did expect her NOT to live a normal "Americanized" life while being here?  I can't stand when people force their children to mold to their ways of life yet they live a social American life! Like that one story a few months ago similar to this one, where the girl I think killed herself because of how her father wouldn't let her "look" more social acceptable.  They make these children's lives 1000 times harder than it should, it's hard as it is growing up.  I can only imagine what it's like to be forced to live a certain way based on strict tradition and religion, yet EVERYONE else around you is different in that aspect, how can you live a normal life that way?
    I am like the Tin Man, I wish I had a heart.

So are the family originally from Egypt?

A friend of mine, 'Mo' is from Egypt. He is currently preparing for an arranged marriage, thankfully he actually adores the woman he is marrying. They're getting married over there and then living in Australia.
    I know his parents were very angry at him at one point for going out with a girl who wasn't of the Egypt decent, they made him break it off. I know that didn't have anything to do with religion, it was the race factor.

Is it possible these girls were going out with boys of a different race to theirs and father didn't approve?

Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.<br />

What the hell does the mother do now?&nbsp; Stay married to the man that just killed two of her children?&nbsp; Jesus christ.&nbsp;

What the hell is wrong with people.&nbsp; Is it religion?&nbsp; Culture?&nbsp; Sexism?&nbsp; What the hell is it.&nbsp;

RIP Sarah and Amina

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=11854.msg681033#msg681033 date=1199420570]
    Every time there is an &quot;honor killing&quot; someone has to jump to the defense that it's not because of Islam, I wonder why that is?&nbsp; &nbsp;:angel3:
    [/quote]

I think (hope) it is from noble reasons - they make the perfectly good point that 'honour' killings are NOT sanctioned by the Koran therefore you can't blame it on Islam... which or course ignores the sad reality that lots of Muslims rely on Islam/sharia law as justification for killing women who step out of line. So at some point you have to engage with the fact that awful things are done in the name of this religion and it is not a particularly compelling response to just say 'well all religious people can do awful things'. Yes, of course they do, but hatred of/violence towards women does seem to be a particularly (male) Islamic thing.

I posted on the other thread about another (alleged) honour killing, how sad that just a few days into 2008 here are another two. I'm trying to read 'infidel' by Ayaan hirsi Ali at the moment, but the description of her circumscision has sent me fleeing. But I think it will be give some v interesting insights into why these things happen if I can find the courage to pick it up again.

The funeral was today.&nbsp; So sad...

http://www.star-telegram.com/629/story/392396.html

RIP Sarah and Amina...
    &quot;Religion has torn this country apart.&nbsp; I have no time for it.&nbsp; And I never felt a part of it.&nbsp; I am a Christian.&quot;&nbsp; Bono

[quote author=Southern Mama link=topic=11854.msg684106#msg684106 date=1199597727]
    The funeral was today.&nbsp; So sad...

http://www.star-telegram.com/629/story/392396.html

RIP Sarah and Amina...

[/quote]

Mourners then headed for the Mosque service and later to the burial site at Muslim Cemetery in Krum.

Wow, that's a really small, hick town. I cant believe they have a Muslim cemetery.

I was attacked by a German Shepard there once. Bad memories.

RIP Girls.&nbsp;

[quote author=Morbid Curiosity link=topic=11854.msg684117#msg684117 date=1199598385]
    Mourners then headed for the Mosque service and later to the burial site at Muslim Cemetery in Krum.

Wow, that's a really small, hick town. I cant believe they have a Muslim cemetery.

I was attacked by a German Shepard there once. Bad memories.

RIP Girls.&nbsp;

[/quote]

It is a Krummy little town...

How did I miss this story??&nbsp; I need to get the hell outta this crazy place!

[quote author=s0ggysh0es link=topic=11854.msg684128#msg684128 date=1199599358]
    It is a Krummy little town...

How did I miss this story??&nbsp; I need to get the hell outta this crazy place!
    [/quote]

I think like half the current articles are from our area.

It's because there's an examiner page from Texas that publicly lists all their dead peeps.&nbsp; Names, COD...everything. I think that's why there's been so many Texas deaths listed lately.

Southern Mama has been finding quite a few of them from there.&nbsp; I forgot the linkage though.&nbsp; :oops:

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=11854.msg684135#msg684135 date=1199599672]
    It's because there's an examiner page from Texas that publicly lists all their dead peeps.&nbsp; Names, COD...everything. I think that's why there's been so many Texas deaths listed lately.

Southern Mama has been finding quite a few of them from there.&nbsp; I forgot the linkage though.&nbsp; :oops:
    [/quote]

Whew.

whew is right!!&nbsp;

[quote author=Morbid Curiosity link=topic=11854.msg684132#msg684132 date=1199599558]
    I think like half the current articles are from our area.
    [/quote]
    Probably because you guys have that awesome public medical examiner site!
    &quot;Religion has torn this country apart.&nbsp; I have no time for it.&nbsp; And I never felt a part of it.&nbsp; I am a Christian.&quot;&nbsp; Bono

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=11854.msg679384#msg679384 date=1199352299]

[/quote]

its not religion thats a bad thing its the excuses, people use religion as an excuse thats why everyone thinks its evil

no where that i have read does it say to kill others is ok

Thread Information