Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boy to Enter Kindergarten as Girl

Boy to Enter Kindergarten as Girl

LiNK: http://www.wtop.com/?nid=456&sid=845811

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Jul 10, 2006 (UPI via COMTEX) -- A 5-year-old boy who has been diagnosed with gender dysphoria will enter the school system in a Florida county as a girl.

The boy's parents, medical experts and school officials in Broward County, Fla., have decided that it is in his interests to live as a girl, the Miami Herald reported. When he enters kindergarten, the child will use a neutral name and wear neutral clothing. He will use unisex bathroom facilities.

''In addition to behaving like the opposite sex, a person with gender dysphoria naturally relates to the opposite sex,'' said Marilyn Volker, a Miami expert on gender identity. "They also have a persistent and recurring discomfort with their own external body parts and genitalia because it does not match their internal gender identity. Simply said, they were born into the wrong body.''

The boy reportedly insists on dressing in girl's clothes and says that he hates his male body.

wow

Aww poor little transgender boy.
    I&#039;d love to ruin your life.<br />

poor kid. gotta be hard to grow up like that.

jr high should be fun for this kid

ugh that sucks!

bmw

dinosaursloveska

I wonder how they can determine for sure that he thinks he should be a girl...I mean, at that age I wanted to play with trucks and stuff too. Not just dolls. I think pretty much every kid goes through an "I don't want to be me" phase.

It's odd that they'd go through with this sort of thing.

*in manly voice* I have a penis and I can fuck myself...it is a good time...lol dont mind me I am on fantastic pain killers...
    <br />The Angel within

Re: Boy to Enter Kindergarten as Girl

[quote author=dinosaursloveska link=topic=193.msg3156#msg3156 date=1152730750]
    I wonder how they can determine for sure that he thinks he should be a girl...I mean, at that age I wanted to play with trucks and stuff too. Â*Not just dolls. Â*I think pretty much every kid goes through an "I don't want to be me" phase. Â*

[/quote]

Transgender identity is far more than that.&nbsp; Some people know that they are in the 'wrong' body all of their lives.&nbsp; I think its encouraging that they are agreeable to this in Florida.&nbsp; Up until recently, they have had to beat this kid into gender submission.&nbsp; Surely some people still feel this way, but there are far worse things than having a gender dismorphic, or gay kid.&nbsp; Although, someone else said Jr. High will be tough, and that could be true.

One thing to consider is that gender neutrality has been proven to be confusing and uncomfortable to others.&nbsp; It won't necessarily be the small kids in kindergarten, but their parents that will make comments or act bizarrely.&nbsp; Okay, all that said, bring on the ignorance....

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=193.msg45713#msg45713 date=1157833723]
    [quote author=dinosaursloveska link=topic=193.msg3156#msg3156 date=1152730750]
    I wonder how they can determine for sure that he thinks he should be a girl...I mean, at that age I wanted to play with trucks and stuff too. Â*Not just dolls. Â*I think pretty much every kid goes through an "I don't want to be me" phase. Â*

[/quote]

Transgender identity is far more than that.Â* Some people know that they are in the 'wrong' body all of their lives.Â* I think its encouraging that they are agreeable to this in Florida.Â* Up until recently, they have had to beat this kid into gender submission.Â* Surely some people still feel this way, but there are far worse things than having a gender dismorphic, or gay kid.Â* Although, someone else said Jr. High will be tough, and that could be true.

One thing to consider is that gender neutrality has been proven to be confusing and uncomfortable to others.Â* It won't necessarily be the small kids in kindergarten, but their parents that will make comments or act bizarrely.Â* Okay, all that said, bring on the ignorance....
    [/quote]

Yeah I feel bad for people battling with this.&nbsp; It's so sad to see the older people who have just now had the courage come out and decided to switch genders, when they have been fighting with it their whole life.&nbsp; It's good to see that there are some decent and understanding parents out there so that this child can start school as they feel they should. I saw a show on Oprah on this where a 6-year old girl was being raised as a boy (as he wished) and had switch his name and everything - his parents were awesome.&nbsp; Fascinating stuff to me...

[quote author=holly link=topic=193.msg45717#msg45717 date=1157834013]
    [/quote]

Yeah I feel bad for people battling with this.Â* It's so sad to see the older people who have just now had the courage come out and decided to switch genders, when they have been fighting with it their whole life.Â* It's good to see that there are some decent and understanding parents out there so that this child can start school as they feel they should. I saw a show on Oprah on this where a 6-year old girl was being raised as a boy (as he wished) and had switch his name and everything - his parents were awesome.Â* Fascinating stuff to me...
    I wish I had seen this Oprah show, too.&nbsp; I'm pretty fascinated by it, myself.&nbsp; I don't know, people are so hung up on gender socialization.&nbsp; I teach undergrads and some of the things that they say are unbelievable.&nbsp; Some believe that boys shouldn't play with dolls, others believe that women should never be president.&nbsp; I feel sometimes like I live in bizarro world! :roll:

[quote/] Yeah I feel bad for people battling with this.&nbsp; It's so sad to see the older people who have just now had the courage come out and decided to switch genders, when they have been fighting with it their whole life.&nbsp; It's good to see that there are some decent and understanding parents out there so that this child can start school as they feel they should. I saw a show on Oprah on this where a 6-year old girl was being raised as a boy (as he wished) and had switch his name and everything - his parents were awesome.&nbsp; Fascinating stuff to me...
    I seen that.I am glad to see that there is understanding parents out there,insted of ramming shit down kids throats and brainwashing them to the point they commit suicide.If my daughter grows up and is a&nbsp; lesbian i will support her 100%.Or if i ahve a son that is gay i will support him 100%.

[quote author=swilla link=topic=193.msg45722#msg45722 date=1157834756]
    [quote/] Yeah I feel bad for people battling with this.Â* It's so sad to see the older people who have just now had the courage come out and decided to switch genders, when they have been fighting with it their whole life.Â* It's good to see that there are some decent and understanding parents out there so that this child can start school as they feel they should. I saw a show on Oprah on this where a 6-year old girl was being raised as a boy (as he wished) and had switch his name and everything - his parents were awesome.Â* Fascinating stuff to me...
    I seen that.I am glad to see that there is understanding parents out there,insted of ramming shit down kids throats and brainwashing them to the point they commit suicide.If my daughter grows up and is aÂ* lesbian i will support her 100%.Or if i ahve a son that is gay i will support him 100%.
    [/quote]
    Good for you, Swilla.&nbsp; I'd do the same.&nbsp; Its got to be hard enough to face discrimination from the rest of society when you are gay, without your entire family turning their back on you.&nbsp; I love how the biggest culprits are those that discriminate in the name of god.&nbsp; WWJD?&nbsp; Certainly not go gay-bashing!!

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=193.msg45724#msg45724 date=1157835341]
    [quote author=swilla link=topic=193.msg45722#msg45722 date=1157834756]
    [quote/] Yeah I feel bad for people battling with this.Â* It's so sad to see the older people who have just now had the courage come out and decided to switch genders, when they have been fighting with it their whole life.Â* It's good to see that there are some decent and understanding parents out there so that this child can start school as they feel they should. I saw a show on Oprah on this where a 6-year old girl was being raised as a boy (as he wished) and had switch his name and everything - his parents were awesome.Â* Fascinating stuff to me...
    I seen that.I am glad to see that there is understanding parents out there,insted of ramming shit down kids throats and brainwashing them to the point they commit suicide.If my daughter grows up and is aÂ* lesbian i will support her 100%.Or if i ahve a son that is gay i will support him 100%.
    [/quote]
    Good for you, Swilla.Â* I'd do the same.Â* Its got to be hard enough to face discrimination from the rest of society when you are gay, without your entire family turning their back on you.Â* I love how the biggest culprits are those that discriminate in the name of god.&nbsp; WWJD?&nbsp; Certainly not go gay-bashing!![/quote]

I wish our 'brilliant' president could get that.&nbsp;

what the little fucker needs is a good ass beating, or a vagina.....either will do.....or both
    when things go wrong and you know they will, <br />and your daily rode seems all up hill.<br />and when your sad and blue and want to quit<br />remember one thing I DON&#039;T GIVE A SHIT

reminds me of a beautiful french movie called &quot;mi vie en rose&quot;, atleast he has support.

I don't feel like I'm any particular gender. Seriously. I don't consider myself inherently male or female. It can actually be kind of uncomfortable at times... it's difficult to explain.

I like to just simplify and summarise it by saying I'm a gay man trapped in a woman's body.

i have said that many times as well.&nbsp; :oops:

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=193.msg45839#msg45839 date=1157873730]
    i have said that many times as well.Â* :oops:
    [/quote]

Heheh yeah, but I truly don't feel like a male or a female. It's odd. O.o

[quote author=Nicole link=topic=193.msg45792#msg45792 date=1157855626]
    reminds me of a beautiful french movie called &quot;mi vie en rose&quot;, atleast he has support.
    [/quote]

I've used this video in my classes.&nbsp; It is beautiful.&nbsp; I'm glad other people have seen it.&nbsp; More people should.&nbsp; They have it throught Netflix&nbsp; :-)

i totally agree about the president i think he should be impeached againts out civil rights being taken away..ok enough about my poltical feeling..the poor child child though at least he has supportive parents that is great but i fear the ramification from his/her peers..i also saw Orah it's sad in the year 2006 people are so closed-minded,,i know gay people and they are some of the of the nicest, understanding people;you can mee;t a friend of mine has a gay uncle in his&nbsp; 40's and he came out to his parents..no problem they knew since he was a child..and that was in the 60's!!!
    &quot;Why does the rest of the world put up with the hypocrisy, the need to put a happy face on sorrow&quot; Elizabeth<br />Wurtzel &quot;fear is in our minds&quot; Amy Lee<br />

[quote author=misanthrope link=topic=193.msg45843#msg45843 date=1157874143]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Bisexual?

[quote author=Joker link=topic=193.msg45878#msg45878 date=1157900317]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Bisexual?
    [/quote]

Not feeling male or female has to do with gender identity, which is not sexual identity.&nbsp; Being attracted to men and women makes one bisexual.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=193.msg45893#msg45893 date=1157902014]
    [quote author=Joker link=topic=193.msg45878#msg45878 date=1157900317]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Bisexual?
    [/quote]

Not feeling male or female has to do with gender identity, which is not sexual identity.Â* Being attracted to men and women makes one bisexual.
    [/quote]
    My condolances whenever you need to take a piss.

I feel like a woman when my vagina bleeds.

Thread Information