Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bailey, CO - School Shooting - Survivor Cassidy Griggs

Re: Bailey, CO - School Shooting - Survivor Cassidy Griggs

[quote author=Luvbeers link=topic=1761.msg61876#msg61876 date=1159576330]
    [quote author=Peavey link=topic=1761.msg61865#msg61865 date=1159575077]
    I don't know why he left the classroom, or where Morrison got his list from (didn't someone else say he was trolling myspace?).Â* Irregardless, if he were there, he could have this survivor guilt, or not.Â* And everyone else there that lived could have it, or not.Â* The thing is that its conceivable that one could have it in this particular situation.
    [/quote]

The more I read about this the more I am convinced it was his father who blew his lie out of proportion with the media... His father original released Cassidy's comments with the AP... thus being booked on every morning news talk show. I can see the boy's pressure to maintain his story and I apologize I was a bit quick to judge, but the pstd I am not so quick to believe. Who knows maybe they got an appearance fee from Today.

There were many rumors about the myspace thing, but I think in this day and age that is there first thing the media goes to create controversy.

The guy was 53 and living in his car... I couldn't find Emily Keyes on there (until someone made a memorial)... and myspace doesn't have class schedules. When the suicide note came to light and a reporter asked if the note was delivered via email or regular mail to the relative, you could tell that the press were fishing for Morrison's internet expertise.

[/quote]

I need to correct you on something you keep misquoting me about. I did NOT say this boy has PTSD. I explained that it is common for a person in his circumstances to experience what we call an "Acute Stress Reaction" (also referred to as an Acute Stress Response). This is/can be a PRECURSOR to PTSD. PTSD takes time to develop...Acute Stress Reaction is immediate.

Continue.
    People do what they know; when they know better, they do better....Maya Angelou

Honestly, I do give it to him for admitting his faults.  However, I still think he let it get wayyy too far.  I can see how he might have gotten wrapped up in the drama and the reporters jumping on him, and how that might've caused him to exaggerate.  Though, I think he should have come clean much earlier than he did.  I mean, he had a whole night's sleep to think about what he had done before going on the Today Show and numerous other national morning shows...

Okay my $0.02... again.  I agree that it was a pretty dippy thing to do but I imagine that it happened more along the lines of, the kid said something to Dad, Dad said something to the media and the next thing you know the whole thing just blew up. 

There are many factors that may have contributed to Cassidy's lie such as, self centered attention seeking behavior (not exactly uncommon amongst 16 year olds), Acute Stress Response (I know that just knowing a person not even personally, my age who dies has affected me quite profoundly, esp. when I was younger), or perhaps he suffers from a bigger emotional or personality disorder, borderline, histrionic or sociopathalogical, who knows.  In the end I am pretty sure he is nothing more then a teen age boy who feels like a big loser right now.

I am much more curious to know if any of the other girls held hostage had myspace pages and does Cassidy have one?
    emos, hippies and GOATS... oh my

I messaged him on myspace because he was linked on another forum I go to (and those people are NOT nice).
    Anyway, I warned him to make his myspace private cause those people would give him hell. He wrote back to me and asked me how I knew, then I told him, then he wrote back and thanked me.
    But his myspace still isn't private. And from reading his comments you can tell people have been attacking him via messaging.
    The reason I told him to make it private is so they can't see his friend's list and message those people too. I guess he didn't care. I think he must still like the spotlight a little bit.

Saw his myspace link on the 1st post. Thank you!
    emos, hippies and GOATS... oh my

Survivor guilt is huge, and it can make you do some fucked up things.  prior quote.  Just a very sad situation. My two youngest are in high school, and it scares the heck out of me with all these shootings at schools.
    On some level. we'd all like to know what's next and be assured that the choices we're making are the right ones. But there's no substitue for following your own instincts"?* Mary Teller

oh come on. he totally lied and tried to sound like a badass. why should we not call him on it? it's ridiculous! a girl was raped and murdered and he tried to sound like a hero when he wasn't even there! i'm pissed and i also think it's hilarious that he is such a douche cause boy oh boy he must feel like a fucking moron.

Thread Information