Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jake Fritz (25) was executed after being abducted from a US army base in Iraq

Jake Fritz (25) was executed after being abducted from a US army base in Iraq

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2007/12/10/Jake_Fritz_(25)_was_executed_after_being_abducted_ from_a_US_army_base_in_Iraq

Absolutely horrible. He died for his country, paid the ultimate price. I wish we were done with this war.

RIP Jake

Re: Jake Fritz (25) was executed after being abducted from a US army base in Ira

You wouldn't find me being captured alive.    RIP.  Thanks.

Re: Jake Fritz (25) was executed after being abducted from a US army base in Ira

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=11379.msg647878#msg647878 date=1197318840]
    http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2007/12/10/Jake_Fritz_(25)_was_executed_after_being_abducted_ from_a_US_army_base_in_Iraq

Absolutely horrible. He died for his country, paid the ultimate price. I wish we were done with this war.

RIP Jake
    [/quote]

The thing that might anger me the most about all that is that I have people telling me I hate our troops, or dont support them because I know this war was a joke, built on lies and special interests.  How can I be called a traitor for not wanting our brave soldiers to die in  a fight we never should have been in?

This guy died with him.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =115757697

"You don't have to love the war but, you have to love the Warrior."

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/01/26/Johnathan_Millican_(20)_was_killed_when_his_unit_w as_ambushed_in_Iraq

You can support the troops without supporting the war. I don't support the war or Bush, yet I consider myself a patriot. You don't have to support the war or the reason we got into it, to appreciate the effort and sacrifice our troops are making.  I consider our troops to be heroes, for putting it on the line each and every day. I consider their families to be heroes to, for enduring the daily sacrifice. Whenever I see  armed forces casualties on this site it breaks my heart. 

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=11379.msg648128#msg648128 date=1197325031]
    You can support the troops without supporting the war. I don't support the war or Bush, yet I consider myself a patriot. You don't have to support the war or the reason we got into it, to appreciate the effort and sacrifice our troops are making.  I consider our troops to be heroes, for putting it on the line each and every day. I consider their families to be heroes to, for enduring the daily sacrifice. Whenever I see  armed forces casualties on this site it breaks my heart. 
    [/quote]

It pisses me off when I see them!  100% of our military causalities in the past 7 years should have come in Afghanistan and the surrounding areas, hunting down those who were actually responsible for 9-11, not going after someone that our President had a personal grudge against, through his father.  I really hope the next president gets us out of there immediately upon taking office...

[quote author=Ponch link=topic=11379.msg648157#msg648157 date=1197325980]
    It pisses me off when I see them!  100% of our military causalities in the past 7 years should have come in Afghanistan and the surrounding areas, hunting down those who were actually responsible for 9-11, not going after someone that our President had a personal grudge against, through his father.  I really hope the next president gets us out of there immediately upon taking office...
    [/quote]

It's important to remember that our troops had nothing to do with the decision of where they were deployed. I agree with you, Bush is an F'ing idiot. If you want to see the war end, you should look into Ron Paul, the only presidential candidate who voted against the war in Iraq. In the meantime we have to do everything we can to support the troops and their families.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=11379.msg648175#msg648175 date=1197326370]
    It's important to remember that our troops had nothing to do with the decision of where they were deployed. I agree with you, Bush is an F'ing idiot. If you want to see the war end, you should look into Ron Paul, the only presidential candidate who voted against the war in Iraq. In the meantime we have to do everything we can to support the troops and their families.
    [/quote]

Agreed.

Re: Jake Fritz (25) was executed after being abducted from a US army base in Iraq

I knew this guy.  Not personally, but his mom taught me in middle school and again in High School.  My mom attended his funeral as did pretty much my entire home town.

[quote author=Ponch link=topic=11379.msg648157#msg648157 date=1197325980]
    [/quote]

I support the troops that are currently at war but I do disagree with the war. I feel like Australia getting involved has put us into danger.
    Sorry to the lovely Americans here, but there is a bit of a running joke here that the Americans are killing more of themselves than anyone else.
    I don't personally believe that because of all the troops I see on MDS.

Anyway, back to Jake.
    I can't imagine how terrified he would have been :-(
    I can only hope that it was a quick death.
    RIP Jake.
    Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.<br />

R.I.P Jake Fritz.
    R.I.P Jonathan Millican.

God...Jake's poor mom..to have lost her son like that. A parent's worst nightmare,methinks.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=11379.msg648128#msg648128 date=1197325031]
    You can support the troops without supporting the war. I don't support the war or Bush, yet I consider myself a patriot. You don't have to support the war or the reason we got into it, to appreciate the effort and sacrifice our troops are making.&nbsp; I consider our troops to be heroes, for putting it on the line each and every day. I consider their families to be heroes to, for enduring the daily sacrifice. Whenever I see&nbsp; armed forces casualties on this site it breaks my heart.&nbsp;
    [/quote]Yes. A friend of mine lost her son in Iraq, my cousin is in Afghanistan now.&nbsp; These kids, and they are mostly just kids, are heroes.&nbsp; That said, George McGovern was a hero too, along with Jane Fonda and John Kerry.

You can love your country, and support your troops and hate the war.&nbsp;

RIP to all who have lost their lives in this madness including the 9/11 casualties, all the soldiers and the civilians that were in the wrong place...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=11379.msg648990#msg648990 date=1197383685]
    Yes. A friend of mine lost her son in Iraq, my cousin is in Afghanistan now.&nbsp; These kids, and they are mostly just kids, are heroes.&nbsp; &nbsp;That said, George McGovern was a hero too, along with Jane Fonda and John Kerry.

You can love your country, and support your troops and hate the war.&nbsp;

RIP to all who have lost their lives in this madness including the 9/11 casualties, all the soldiers and the civilians that were in the wrong place...
    [/quote]

My Father who was a Vietnam Vet and a Marine would defiantly disagree with your Jane Fonda comment. Actually I don't know one Vet from that time that would agree with you.

[quote author=Ponch link=topic=11379.msg648091#msg648091 date=1197324255]
    The thing that might anger me the most about all that is that I have people telling me I hate our troops, or dont support them because I know this war was a joke, built on lies and special interests.&nbsp; How can I be called a traitor for not wanting our brave soldiers to die in&nbsp; a fight we never should have been in?

[/quote]

Bush lovers. It's the only possible explanation for someone being that stupid.

RIP Jake. It must have been horrible. I'm glad it's over for you now but so sorry it had to end this way for you. My heart goes out to your family and friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=JustStoppingBy link=topic=11379.msg648993#msg648993 date=1197383947]
    My Father who was a Vietnam Vet and a Marine would defiantly disagree with your Jane Fonda comment. Actually I don't know one Vet from that time that would agree with you.
    [/quote]As is his right.&nbsp; Your dad certainly earned the right feel however he wants about Hanoi Jane. But strangely enough I also know a number of Vietnam vets, and several of them now say that Jane said what they wished they could say at the time.&nbsp; They don't like how she did it. But...

That's the thing see.&nbsp; She did unpopular, even dangerous things (certainly dangerous for her career) in an effort to get the country back on the right track (as she saw it.) That meets my definition of courage, and patriotism.&nbsp; I have huge respect for those who answer when their country calls, doesn't matter if it's to pick up a gun and go fight, or to stand up and say this is wrong and I can't support it.&nbsp;

I have no respect what so ever for those who say they support a course of action, but umm Daddy can you get me out of going? And it makes me sick that we have two such sending our young people off to die in a war based on lie upon lie.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Poor fucking guy...... RIP Jake.&nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks to you and your buddies that were with you.

I'm the youngest of my generation of a HUGE Family, and most of my cousins were in Viet Nam. I was lucky in that I was young&nbsp; enough to give it a miss, but I was old enough to hang with the guys and smoke and party and bullshit.
    I have&nbsp; played a LOT of Biker Parties over the years, and a lot of Viet Vets events.

I Have NEVER heard anyone who was actually in the fight, say they supported what Jane Fonda did during the war. What ...they wanted to be demoralized before fighting for their lives in a foreign country?&nbsp; &nbsp; Please.&nbsp; Do you actually know what she did? Publishing pictures of her with the enemy, sitting on the guns used to kill American Planes, Choppers, and Medivac Choppers, laughing her ass off with the enemy.&nbsp; She didn't just speak against the war... she fucking sided with the North Vietnamese, chummed around with them, and supported their efforts.

I wonder how much of the millions of dollars her family made, that made it possible for her to travel there and hang out, came from the boys that her friends were killing.&nbsp; &nbsp; Fuck Her.....&nbsp; We should have seized her fucking assets, called her a traitor and war criminal, and let her live in squalor the rest of her life.

I'd&nbsp; wager almost anyone who says that was a REMF......or was actually smoking grass and boning hippie chicks during the war, (Like me....)

Don't get me wrong...&nbsp; maybe they think the war was wrong, hell who doesn't......&nbsp; but endorse that traitorous bitch?&nbsp;

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=11379.msg649279#msg649279 date=1197393690]
    Do you actually know what she did? Publishing pictures of her with the enemy, sitting on the guns used to kill American Planes, Choppers, and Medivac Choppers, laughing her ass off with the enemy.&nbsp; She didn't just speak against the war... she fucking sided with the North Vietnamese, chummed around with them, and supported their efforts.
    [/quote]

Based on that, fuck her and the horse she rode in on.

Re: Jake Fritz (25) was executed after being abducted from a US army base in Iraq

http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp

Yes. I know what Jane Fonda did.&nbsp; And I DON'T think it was the right thing to do.&nbsp; I doubt if she does now either.&nbsp; But I do respect her more for standing up for what she believed was right than I do those who supported the war and sent other peoples sons off to die. I think it took a courage and yes in a strange way patriotism to stand up.&nbsp; She could have just continued to jet off to France for a new designer do, and to ignore the whole mess, (much like many people in her position are doing right now) Stupid, yes.&nbsp; But ...

That said, Jane is probably not the best example of the point I meant to make (trying to find examples that people in this group would remember is tough) but how about we plug Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) or Walter Cronkite in&nbsp; instead?&nbsp;

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=11379.msg649309#msg649309 date=1197395148]
    http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp

Yes. I know what Jane Fonda did.&nbsp; And I DON'T think it was the right thing to do.&nbsp; I doubt if she does now either.&nbsp; But I do respect her more for standing up for what she believed was right than I do those who supported the war and sent other peoples sons off to die. I think it took a courage and yes in a strange way patriotism to stand up.&nbsp; She could have just continued to jet off to France for a new designer do, and to ignore the whole mess, (much like many people in her position are doing right now) Stupid, yes.&nbsp; But ...

That said, Jane is probably not the best example of the point I meant to make (trying to find examples that people in this group would remember is tough) but how about we plug Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) or Walter Cronkite in&nbsp; instead?&nbsp;

[/quote]

I'll go for that..... She's a horrible example.&nbsp; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neil Young is another example.....&nbsp; We all have the right to disagree, but not to the point or treason.

I mean, could you imagine if Betty Grable, or Judy Garland had been partying it up with the Nazis? In principle ...it's the same thing.

I disagree with this war, and I personally think the president is a boob. That being said....&nbsp; I'm not gonna go hang with the suicide bombers, pose with their weapons laughing, or speak poorly of the troops.&nbsp;
    It's a long time since we have been in a righteous war, they all seem to be a war of interests, rather than principle or national defense.

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=11379.msg649419#msg649419 date=1197399713]
    I'll go for that..... She's a horrible example.&nbsp; &nbsp;:lol: :lol: :lol:

Neil Young is another example.....&nbsp; &nbsp;We all have the right to disagree, but not to the point or treason.

I mean, could you imagine if Betty Grable, or Judy Garland had been partying it up with the Nazis? In principle ...it's the same thing.

I disagree with this war, and I personally think the president is a boob. That being said....&nbsp; I'm not gonna go hang with the suicide bombers, pose with their weapons laughing, or speak poorly of the troops.&nbsp;
    It's a long time since we have been in a righteous war, they all seem to be a war of interests, rather than principle or national defense.
    [/quote]

Not Betty or Judy, but how about Prescott Bush, Charles Lindbergh and the Duke of Windsor?

+1 for The quote I bolded

[/quote]

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the last time we officially declared war was WWII...

RIP Dear Soldiers&nbsp;

From a soldiers mom.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=11379.msg649451#msg649451 date=1197401024]

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the last time we officially declared war was WWII...
    [/quote]

That is right, as a formal declaration of War, however congress has autorized other military action that involved fighting since then, including the current joke and Vietnam and the Persian Gulf War.

Jake Fritz, abducted, then executed, from a US army base in Iraq

My uncle was killed in Viet Nam. Nothing is like having a family member far away and in constant danger. Their death echoes down the family for generations, costing much. I wish this fine man's family all the peace that can be given them and the sympathy of those who have been through it before.

RIP Jake.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Jake Fritz, abducted, then executed, from a US army base in Iraq

[quote author=Leesome link=topic=11413.msg649922#msg649922 date=1197426172]
    My uncle was killed in Viet Nam. Nothing is like having a family member far away and in constant danger. Their death echoes down the family for generations, costing much. I wish this fine man's family all the peace that can be given them and the sympathy of those who have been through it before.

RIP Jake.
    [/quote]
    Already a thread for Jake Fritz. Make sure you check before you start a thread.

You can put a name in the search on your upper right corner, and see if it's been started already.
    Thanks.

I'll merge this with the other thread.

RIP Lt. Fritz. I hope it was quick.
    Thanks for the ultimate sacrifice.

This young man's page is well written, and full of information. Not typical for a MySpace page.
    He seemed like a really good guy.

From his page:
    Who I'd like to meet:
    Grandpa and Grandma Fritz.........they past away before my parents were even married.
    :(
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information