Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Menard (21) stabbed his sister Ashley Menard (16) and his parents to death

Re: Brandon Menard (21) stabbed his sister Ashley Menard (16) and his parents to death

[quote author=death_roe link=topic=1735.msg59785#msg59785 date=1159395037]
    http://mydeathspace.com/deaths.aspx?ctl00_MainContent_Weblogs1_show=7c5704 76-bd29-405c-8772-110953f2f575

Interesting link

http://crimeblog.us/?p=23

Some parts just say so much about this guys sick mind.

"The following was written in Brandon’s SamuraiPlatypus Livejournal on May 8, 2003:

I feel genuine sympathy for my sister. I mean, it was her 13th birthday yesterday, and as annoying as she is, and utterly stupid as she can be, I really really feel bad for her. All she wanted for her THIRTEENTH birthday, when she’s FIRST BECOMING A TEENAGER, was a stupid computer for a couple hundred bucks. I mean, my dad makes SHIT LOADS of money now, and he can’t even spare a few hundred to get her the gift that she really really wanted. I mean, I got a new computer recently (two years…shut up.), and so did my BROTHER…and then HER birthday comes up. Nothing. Not cool. Not cool at all…

Mental note: kick my parents asses for being assholes. I tried to cheer her up, and I think I did an OK job, but still…I feel really depressed now. I hate the idea of her ending up anything like me; a depressed, raving lunatic who just wants something that will never, ever come…

Apparently a window into Brandon Menard’s family life, through Brandon’s eyes, in 2003.

And then there’s this, an entry Brandon posted in the same journal on June 16, 2003:

So I’m in a really evil mood right now, but I may remedy it later this afternoon by going to Magic Mountain with some good friends. Already got the tickets (free!), so…yeah. If we DON’T go, I’m going to kill my family. Just for kicks.

I…want to set the world on fire and bathe everything in blood. I’m in a baaaaaaad mood. So back off.

"That is the entire entry, not just a selected quote. Brandon Menard wrote that two days before he wrote a Livejournal entry I have already mentioned, wherein he listed “kill family” as one of the things he joked about doing one weekend."

Brandon wrote an entry in his LJ on May 18, 2003 that was obviously meant to be a display of his dark sense of humor, but reading it as he sits in a jail in California, being investigated for murdering Ashley, David, and Toni Menard, the joke falls flat:

Saturday - Went to Ashleigh’s to play Clue and Truth or Dare Jenga, the most evil fucking game ever created, with Mo and the Unholy Duo. Paid off prom debts. Searched for other friends at Denny’s afterwards. Saw none. Was sad. Killed baby. Was happy. Went home.

Sunday - Hung out with Neil and Mori. Had fun. Later, hung out with Sam. Saw her prom dress. It’s red. Ha. Nice though. Performed perfect 180 degree skid in Mo’s car. Went home. Happy. Ate dinner with family. Sad. Killed family. Happy. Wrote livejournal entry. Realized was still writing livejournal entry. Stopped…"

You'd think these would have sent huge red flags up for friends or family. He wrote about killing his family 3 years ago, along with all sorts of other demented things. I can't believe that everyone just assumed it was his dark sense of humor. I know people with dark senses of humor and they dont ever speak of killing their families for Gods sake. I like to think I would have at least casually mentioned it to some of the people he said he wanted to kill. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference if they were aware of his writings, but maybe it would have made all the difference in their world. Seems he was screaming out for help, he was obviously delusional from mental illness of some sort. Scary shit.

[/quote]

Damn!  he really was a sick little bastard........Those words he wrote will come back to haunt him........in court.   

Re: Brandon Menard (21) stabbed his sister Ashley Menard (16) and his parents to death

I think he did it. But its weird that he took out his sister too becuase he shows compassion for her about the whole computer thing. Maybe she saw him do it and he had to..?

I could NEVER do anything like that especially to my siblings.

this happend a block from my house. It was all over the news.. :-(

[quote author=chloeluz link=topic=1735.msg60066#msg60066 date=1159412531]
    this happend a block from my house. It was all over the news.. :-(
    [/quote]

Thats scary!!!

this one really daddens a infuriates me...i understand maybe the parents were a problem no reaason to kill them but his sister wtf i thought they were close...from what i read want to know more about this one
    &quot;Why does the rest of the world put up with the hypocrisy, the need to put a happy face on sorrow&quot; Elizabeth<br />Wurtzel &quot;fear is in our minds&quot; Amy Lee<br />

[quote author=Angie10558 link=topic=1735.msg59216#msg59216 date=1159365847]
    he wrote this in July 2003..

So, my parents and I got into a rather largish fight tonight, and finally, my dear mother told me that I may as well just LEAVE. And I got into thinking, ‘y’know, that ain’t a half bad idea.’

I mean, thinking about it…I can probably pull in over seven hundred bucks a week, which is about $2800 a month and $36,000 a year, give or take. THAT means that I could easily manage an apartment or house that costs $800-$1000 a month easy. THAT leaves me with anywhere around $2000 to $1800 a month to spend on utilities (if they aren’t included), car needs, food, clothing, and recreational activities. Not a problem.

I am sooo out of here.

In other news, I was under house arrest tonight (ANOTHER reason to hate and emotionally despise my parents) and they wouldn’t let me out, so I had to miss out on what sounds like a totally wonderful fourth of July party among my Burbank friends…

[/quote]
    He should have left then!&nbsp; Maybe they would ALL be alive if he did.........but the way he was talking about all the money he could make...........he was definately delusional!!&nbsp; &nbsp; Crazy fucker!!&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

I dunno if i believe the whole argument thing, and it just being like random killing of the moment

It says he shot his dad before stabbing him...

I can see them like arguing in the kitchen and him picking up a knife and stabbing them... but where would he have gotten the gun. I dont know about you guys but theres no random handguns laying around in my house that i can pick up and shoot someone with during an argument.. granted theres no handgun in my house perioid, but dont people keep those things hidden, so wouldnt he have to look for it, if it was there to begin with. I think it was planned.. him killing his parents.. maybe not his sister, maybe she just walked in at the wrong time and saw him doing it .. his parents were probably already dead&nbsp; or nearly dead by the time she walked in and she saw them, and grabbed the phone and tried to run away but he ran after her, she was running and calling the cops at the same time, he caught up to her, killed her, took the phone and called the cops him self later.. thats what i think anywho

http://mydeathspace.com/deaths.aspx?ctl00_MainContent_Weblogs1_show=7c5704 76-bd29-405c-8772-110953f2f575

Interesting link

&quot;The following was written in Brandon’s SamuraiPlatypus Livejournal on May 8, 2003:

I feel genuine sympathy for my sister. I mean, it was her 13th birthday yesterday, and as annoying as she is, and utterly stupid as she can be, I really really feel bad for her. All she wanted for her THIRTEENTH birthday, when she’s FIRST BECOMING A TEENAGER, was a stupid computer for a couple hundred bucks. I mean, my dad makes SHIT LOADS of money now, and he can’t even spare a few hundred to get her the gift that she really really wanted. I mean, I got a new computer recently (two years…shut up.), and so did my BROTHER…and then HER birthday comes up. Nothing. Not cool. Not cool at all…

Mental note: kick my parents asses for being assholes. I tried to cheer her up, and I think I did an OK job, but still…I feel really depressed now. I hate the idea of her ending up anything like me; a depressed, raving lunatic who just wants something that will never, ever come…

Apparently a window into Brandon Menard’s family life, through Brandon’s eyes, in 2003.

And then there’s this, an entry Brandon posted in the same journal on June 16, 2003:

So I’m in a really evil mood right now, but I may remedy it later this afternoon by going to Magic Mountain with some good friends. Already got the tickets (free!), so…yeah. If we DON’T go, I’m going to kill my family. Just for kicks.

I…want to set the world on fire and bathe everything in blood. I’m in a baaaaaaad mood. So back off.

&quot;That is the entire entry, not just a selected quote. Brandon Menard wrote that two days before he wrote a Livejournal entry I have already mentioned, wherein he listed “kill family” as one of the things he joked about doing one weekend.&quot;

Brandon wrote an entry in his LJ on May 18, 2003 that was obviously meant to be a display of his dark sense of humor, but reading it as he sits in a jail in California, being investigated for murdering Ashley, David, and Toni Menard, the joke falls flat:

Saturday - Went to Ashleigh’s to play Clue and Truth or Dare Jenga, the most evil fucking game ever created, with Mo and the Unholy Duo. Paid off prom debts. Searched for other friends at Denny’s afterwards. Saw none. Was sad. Killed baby. Was happy. Went home.

Sunday - Hung out with Neil and Mori. Had fun. Later, hung out with Sam. Saw her prom dress. It’s red. Ha. Nice though. Performed perfect 180 degree skid in Mo’s car. Went home. Happy. Ate dinner with family. Sad. Killed family. Happy. Wrote livejournal entry. Realized was still writing livejournal entry. Stopped…&quot;

You'd think these would have sent huge red flags up for friends or family. He wrote about killing his family 3 years ago, along with all sorts of other demented things. I can't believe that everyone just assumed it was his dark sense of humor. I know people with dark senses of humor and they dont ever speak of killing their families for Gods sake. I like to think I would have at least casually mentioned it to some of the people he said he wanted to kill. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference if they were aware of his writings, but maybe it would have made all the difference in their world. Seems he was screaming out for help, he was obviously delusional from mental illness of some sort. Scary shit.

[/quote]
    Call me an optimist, but I don't think he did it.&nbsp; Sick and twisted writing doesn't make him a murderer.&nbsp; He wrote alot of weird fiction.&nbsp; As a kid, I constantly cursed my parents and wished they didn't exist.&nbsp; I can't think of anyone I know that didn't.
    I've poked around online and found some interesting stuff about him.&nbsp; If he IS guilty, then it will be a no brainer.&nbsp; Two weapons with prints - a knife and a gun and clothes somewhere with residue from firing the weapon and blood stains representative of a stabbing and not just &quot;finding&quot;....I watch too much CSI...

[quote author=Snuff Junkie link=topic=1735.msg60142#msg60142 date=1159419259]

Interesting link

&quot;The following was written in Brandon’s SamuraiPlatypus Livejournal on May 8, 2003:

&quot;That is the entire entry, not just a selected quote. Brandon Menard wrote that two days before he wrote a Livejournal entry I have already mentioned, wherein he listed “kill family” as one of the things he joked about doing one weekend.&quot;

Sunday - Hung out with Neil and Mori. Had fun. Later, hung out with Sam. Saw her prom dress. It’s red. Ha. Nice though. Performed perfect 180 degree skid in Mo’s car. Went home. Happy. Ate dinner with family. Sad. Killed family. Happy. Wrote livejournal entry. Realized was still writing livejournal entry. Stopped…&quot;

[/quote]
    Call me an optimist, but I don't think he did it.* Sick and twisted writing doesn't make him a murderer.* He wrote alot of weird fiction.* As a kid, I constantly cursed my parents and wished they didn't exist.* I can't think of anyone I know that didn't.
    I've poked around online and found some interesting stuff about him.* *If he IS guilty, then it will be a no brainer.* Two weapons with prints - a knife and a gun and clothes somewhere with residue from firing the weapon and blood stains representative of a stabbing and not just &quot;finding&quot;....I watch too much CSI...

[/quote]

ANy other suspects?

I don't know.&nbsp; But if it was him, it will be a very short trial due to the evidence.&nbsp; No evidence, then most likely Brandon did not do it.&nbsp; Either way, the kid's life is screwed.&nbsp; There are lots of weird people who do weird&nbsp; shit in So Cal.

[quote author=Snuff Junkie link=topic=1735.msg60161#msg60161 date=1159420662]
    I don't know.* But if it was him, it will be a very short trial due to the evidence.* No evidence, then most likely Brandon did not do it.* Either way, the kid's life is screwed.* There are lots of weird people who do weird* shit in So Cal.
    [/quote]

Yeah I hear ya, So Cal has a nice variety of nutcases from all races, genders, and ages.

[quote author=borat link=topic=1735.msg60168#msg60168 date=1159420902]
    I don't know.* But if it was him, it will be a very short trial due to the evidence.* No evidence, then most likely Brandon did not do it.* Either way, the kid's life is screwed.* There are lots of weird people who do weird* shit in So Cal.
    [/quote]

Yeah I hear ya, So Cal has a nice variety of nutcases from all races, genders, and ages.
    [/quote]
    Yeah, it's hard to say.&nbsp; This could have been Brandon but just as easily been a random nut job.&nbsp;

[quote author=TheGumOnYourShoe link=topic=1735.msg60101#msg60101 date=1159415928]
    I dunno if i believe the whole argument thing, and it just being like random killing of the moment

I can see them like arguing in the kitchen and him picking up a knife and stabbing them... but where would he have gotten the gun. I dont know about you guys but theres no random handguns laying around in my house that i can pick up and shoot someone with during an argument.. granted theres no handgun in my house perioid, but dont people keep those things hidden, so wouldnt he have to look for it, if it was there to begin with. I think it was planned.. him killing his parents.. maybe not his sister, maybe she just walked in at the wrong time and saw him doing it .. his parents were probably already dead* or nearly dead by the time she walked in and she saw them, and grabbed the phone and tried to run away but he ran after her, she was running and calling the cops at the same time, he caught up to her, killed her, took the phone and called the cops him self later.. thats what i think anywho
    [/quote]

Hey was a highly ranked boyscout... and he lived in LA. Having a gun would not be unheard of... I had 3 guns (and several knives) when I was a boyscout in California.

We will just have to wait and see what evidence the DA has in the discovery during pre-trial on November 1st.
    &quot;When doing business with a religous sonofabitch, get it in writing. His word isnt worth shit. Not with the good Lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal.&quot; -William S. Burroughs

[/quote]

Well reports have it that he has already confessed so it will be interesting if his celebrity lawyer will contest the charges or not.
    If he pleads guilty won't there be no trial? Or do they still need a jury for sentencing?
    &quot;When doing business with a religous sonofabitch, get it in writing. His word isnt worth shit. Not with the good Lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal.&quot; -William S. Burroughs

[quote author=Luvbeers link=topic=1735.msg60192#msg60192 date=1159422367]
    [/quote]

Well reports have it that he has already confessed so it will be interesting if his celebrity lawyer will contest the charges or not.
    If he pleads guilty won't there be no trial? Or do they still need a jury for sentencing?
    [/quote]
    I think a judge could sentence him if he plead guilty waiving his right to a trial.&nbsp; I'd like to know what evidence they have.&nbsp; It will be very interesting.

[quote author=Luvbeers link=topic=1735.msg60189#msg60189 date=1159422178]
    [quote author=TheGumOnYourShoe link=topic=1735.msg60101#msg60101 date=1159415928]

I can see them like arguing in the kitchen and him picking up a knife and stabbing them... but where would he have gotten the gun. I dont know about you guys but theres no random handguns laying around in my house that i can pick up and shoot someone with during an argument.. granted theres no handgun in my house perioid, but dont people keep those things hidden, so wouldnt he have to look for it, if it was there to begin with. I think it was planned.. him killing his parents.. maybe not his sister, maybe she just walked in at the wrong time and saw him doing it .. his parents were probably already dead* or nearly dead by the time she walked in and she saw them, and grabbed the phone and tried to run away but he ran after her, she was running and calling the cops at the same time, he caught up to her, killed her, took the phone and called the cops him self later.. thats what i think anywho
    [/quote]

Hey was a highly ranked boyscout... and he lived in LA. Having a gun would not be unheard of... I had 3 guns (and several knives) when I was a boyscout in California.

We will just have to wait and see what evidence the DA has in the discovery during pre-trial on November 1st.

[/quote]
    Very true.&nbsp; Guns are easily accessible and having /using a knife would be natural to him.

If he pleads guilty there will most likely be a plea agreement where the prosecutor agrees to a certain sentence before the judge sentences him.&nbsp; My guess is life w/out parole; but, the judge has the ultimate say and can disregard the plea agreement and opt to sentence him under certain guidelines.&nbsp; Evidence will still have to be presented for the record.&nbsp; I'm curious as to the evidence as well.

grrrrrrr - u can search the California court defendant index on line, but it charges a fee.&nbsp; Whatever happened to freedom of information?

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=1735.msg60307#msg60307 date=1159454858]
    grrrrrrr - u can search the California court defendant index on line, but it charges a fee.* Whatever happened to freedom of information?
    [/quote]

Someone's got to pay for hosting...*
    But I looked at the index sample... http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/onlin...archSample.htm
    and there is not much info there... except for the charge counts.

you can also search for arrest &amp; inmate records here for free http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm (LA county only)

for example, try Paris Hilton... you get her DUI

Paris &quot;Lohitney&quot; Hilton . . . Lohitney??&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=1735.msg60319#msg60319 date=1159456109]
    Paris &quot;Lohitney&quot; Hilton . . . Lohitney??* *:lol:
    [/quote]

No wonder she hates herself.&nbsp;

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=1735.msg60319#msg60319 date=1159456109]
    Paris &quot;Lohitney&quot; Hilton . . . Lohitney??&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

I thought her middle name was Whitney. Perhaps she was too drunk to remember and/or slurring her words.

Boyscouts (mainly Eaglescout's though) are usaually a little off anyway... i have dated one and my current boyfriend's little brother is an Eagle Scout.&nbsp; they are both a little strange... lol.
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=1735.msg60373#msg60373 date=1159460071]
    Boyscouts (mainly Eaglescout's though) are usaually a little off anyway... i have dated one and my current boyfriend's little brother is an Eagle Scout.* they are both a little strange... lol.
    [/quote]

i disagree...perhaps it was just their family that was weird?&nbsp; i happen to know many eagle scouts (my bf and his friends) and if being of above average intelligence makes you &quot;weird&quot; then i guess they fit the bill...

i love dating an eagle scout, there is no one better to go camping with!

[quote author=Snuff Junkie link=topic=1735.msg60205#msg60205 date=1159423128]
    [quote author=Luvbeers link=topic=1735.msg60189#msg60189 date=1159422178]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Very true.* Guns are easily accessible and having /using a knife would be natural to him.
    [/quote]

I didnt say it was unlikely that he had a gun, im saying it was unlikely that he shot his dad on impluse, if he did it, i would say he planned it and it wasnt just a crime of the moment.

Thread Information