Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chris Porco-axe murdered his parents

Re: Chris Porco-axe murdered his parents

Mommy could also be dealing with some of the residual effects of having her head smashed in and serious injury to her brain.  I mean I don't think it's too outrageous to posit that perhaps the area of her brain that helps with reasoning, and logic may have been permanently altered in the attack.  Maybe her brain is just not functioning at full capacity.  When you combine that with the natural instinct (most) mother's have to protect their children you have a pretty powerful proclivity toward her denying his involvement.  I don't know...just a thought.
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn.

[quote author=gutsywoman link=topic=1719.msg61796#msg61796 date=1159569059]
    Mommy could also be dealing with some of the residual effects of having her head smashed in and serious injury to her brain. I mean I don't think it's too outrageous to posit that perhaps the area of her brain that helps with reasoning, and logic may have been permanently altered in the attack. Maybe her brain is just not functioning at full capacity. When you combine that with the natural instinct (most) mother's have to protect their children you have a pretty powerful proclivity toward her denying his involvement. I don't know...just a thought.
    [/quote]

hmmmm...
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

Just to clarify-- I am not condoning what his parents did. Sometimes I am not very good at turning my though into words.( This should probably prevent me from posting on a blog!) I just meant I am ASTOUNDED at the way he oculd use his parents. The time I needed my parents to bail me out i felt like a disapointment and failure beyond words. I just couldn't believe after all his parents did for him, he was able to do what he did.
    I was not a juror of the trial and I was not privy to all information. But even from the e-mails, I can see that behavior is not the behavior of a normal person. At least in my opinion. Which isnt really worth anything. Just saying.......
    I just wish there was more physical evidence.&nbsp;
    &quot;swear there ain&#039;t no heaven, but i pray there ain&#039;t no hell&quot;<br />-Blood, Sweat, &amp; Tears

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=1719.msg59055#msg59055 date=1159331256]

But don't you think its possible that this decadent (lack of) parenting is partly responsible for his behavior?&nbsp; I mean, how many times do you give your kid the benefit of the doubt before you stop believing the bullshit that they're selling you?&nbsp; I don't care if you have the means to do it, or not, nobody benefits when irresponsible young people are allowed to replicate their mistakes time and time again.&nbsp; Paris Hilton, anyone?
    [/quote]

I've worked with those whose parents have what seems to me as blindly going along and pretty much handholding until adulthood and I have to say it's scary with how these people really are lacking in certain areas.&nbsp; I don't know if on some level it's parental guilt for something or just not knowing when you have to let your kids start 'walking' on thier own.

Lord knows I've made many a mistake in life and while I know I could've gone to my parents, I did try to hack it on my own and only when I was really over my head did I turn to them.&nbsp; I'd get the sigh and sat down at the kitchen table to discuss how we were going to get through it while making sure I'd learned not to repeat things.

At this point I think Entenmann's cinnamon twirl coffee cake's been present at just about all of them to the point where anytime I eat it I feel there's going to be a serious discussion in the works.
    I&#039;d rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

[quote author=M_Sinistrari link=topic=1719.msg61980#msg61980 date=1159602207]
    [quote author=Peavey link=topic=1719.msg59055#msg59055 date=1159331256]

But don't you think its possible that this decadent (lack of) parenting is partly responsible for his behavior?Â* I mean, how many times do you give your kid the benefit of the doubt before you stop believing the bullshit that they're selling you?Â* I don't care if you have the means to do it, or not, nobody benefits when irresponsible young people are allowed to replicate their mistakes time and time again.Â* Paris Hilton, anyone?
    [/quote]

I've worked with those whose parents have what seems to me as blindly going along and pretty much handholding until adulthood and I have to say it's scary with how these people really are lacking in certain areas.Â* I don't know if on some level it's parental guilt for something or just not knowing when you have to let your kids start 'walking' on thier own.

Lord knows I've made many a mistake in life and while I know I could've gone to my parents, I did try to hack it on my own and only when I was really over my head did I turn to them.Â* I'd get the sigh and sat down at the kitchen table to discuss how we were going to get through it while making sure I'd learned not to repeat things.

At this point I think Entenmann's cinnamon twirl coffee cake's been present at just about all of them to the point where anytime I eat it I feel there's going to be a serious discussion in the works.
    [/quote]
    I love when food becomes linked to social events.&nbsp; I also love all Entemann's products, but am especially fond of those chocolate dipped donuts.

As for life's lessons, they are so important.&nbsp; Parents that jump in to save their children all the time are stunting their emotional growth.
    Its bizarre that we wouldn't stand for physical, sexual, or emotional abuse from parents, but how is emotionally crippling children not seen as abusive??

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=1719.msg62262#msg62262 date=1159671863]Parents that jump in to save their children all the time are stunting their emotional growth.
    Its bizarre that we wouldn't stand for physical, sexual, or emotional abuse from parents, but how is emotionally crippling children not seen as abusive??
    [/quote]

Physical, sexual, and emotional abuse are all pretty well defined and recognized.

But WTF is Emotional Crippling?

Please. This PC BS is outta control.
    Was Future Man adopted?

[quote author=ugly link=topic=1719.msg62263#msg62263 date=1159672542]
    [quote author=Peavey link=topic=1719.msg62262#msg62262 date=1159671863]Parents that jump in to save their children all the time are stunting their emotional growth.
    [/quote]

Physical, sexual, and emotional abuse are all pretty well defined and recognized.

But WTF is Emotional Crippling?

Please. This PC BS is outta control.
    [/quote]
    You say emotional abuse is well defined, but that emotional crippling is out of control?
    Um, they are the same thing.
    If you emotionally abuse your child, they could have some developmental or psychological issues.
    Chris Porco is a perfect case in point.

Are you trying to stir shit up over what you perceive to be symantics?
    Or do you really not know that these concepts are the very same thing?

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=1719.msg62268#msg62268 date=1159673269]Are you trying to stir shit up over what you perceive to be symantics?
    [/quote]

Stirring shit up was not my intention, no.

Emotional abuse is emotional abuse. Emotional Crippling is a misnomer. Emotions cannot be crippled. Emotions don't have appendages and/or limbs.
    Was Future Man adopted?

[quote author=ugly link=topic=1719.msg62269#msg62269 date=1159673868]
    [quote author=Peavey link=topic=1719.msg62268#msg62268 date=1159673269]Are you trying to stir shit up over what you perceive to be symantics?
    [/quote]

Emotional abuse is emotional abuse. Emotional Crippling is a misnomer. Emotions cannot be crippled. Emotions don't have appendages and/or limbs.
    [/quote]
    So we are back to symantics.
    Take it up with the psychiatric community: http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-2822.html

Although I doubt you have the credentials to convince an entire discipline of scholars to change their terminology for your comfort.
    Please, prove me wrong.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=1719.msg62271#msg62271 date=1159674268]
    Take it up with the psychiatric community: http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-2822.html

Although I doubt you have the credentials to convince an entire discipline of scholars to change their terminology for your comfort.
    Please, prove me wrong.
    [/quote]

Prove you wrong? I don't need to. A fact is a fact.

The fact is that your use of the word 'cripple' is not only misleading, it is flat-out PC bullshit. Let's call a spade a spade... we don't need to resort to touchy-feely word play.

And as for credentials, I never claimed any expertise in any area. I'm simply responding.
    Was Future Man adopted?

[quote author=ugly link=topic=1719.msg62276#msg62276 date=1159674908]

Please, prove me wrong.
    [/quote]

Prove you wrong? I don't need to. A fact is a fact.

The fact is that your use of the word 'cripple' is not only misleading, it is flat-out PC bullshit. Let's call a spade a spade... we don't need to resort to touchy-feely word play.

And as for credentials, I never claimed any expertise in any area. I'm simply responding.
    [/quote]

Let me try to be even clearer.&nbsp; Its not my use of a tern, it is the psychology communities use of the term.&nbsp; Take it up with them, not me.&nbsp; Would you challenge someone who referenced depression, or anxiety?&nbsp; Also their terms, not mine.&nbsp; Sheesh.&nbsp; What is your deal?

As for the terminology being &quot;PC bullshit&quot;, I can't even begin to conceive of where you arrive at that.&nbsp; Plenty of political conservatives, liberals, and radicals embrace the tenets of psychology.&nbsp; Although liberals are long accused of couching their arguments in PC terminology, the other groups are not. Perhaps you are unaware of this fact, but the term cripple is considered to be extremely anti-PC.&nbsp; Check out some of the disability rights literature (both from the psychological or the sociological perspectives).&nbsp; PC terminology would prefer words such as 'otherly-abled' or 'challenged'.

And what 'facts' are you talking about?&nbsp; Scientific facts?&nbsp; Social facts? Or the kinds of facts that people like to make up off the top of their head?
    And again, you don't have to prove anything to me, just the rest of the psychology community.&nbsp; They wouldn't likely give much credence to your argument.

To quote you:
    ..how is emotionally crippling children not seen as abusive??
    Ok.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=1719.msg62285#msg62285 date=1159675698]
    Let me try to be even clearer.Â* Its not my use of a tern, it is the psychology communities use of the term.Â* Take it up with them, not me.Â* Would you challenge someone who referenced depression, or anxiety?Â* Also their terms, not mine.Â* Sheesh.Â* What is your deal?[/quote]

I don't care about credentials when someone is wrong. The term 'emotional cripple' is simply a misnomer. I'm not arguing the research behind it, I simply disagree with the term. Get it?

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=1719.msg62285#msg62285 date=1159675698]As for the terminology being &quot;PC bullshit&quot;, I can't even begin to conceive of where you arrive at that.Â* Plenty of political conservatives, liberals, and radicals embrace the tenets of psychology.Â* Although liberals are long accused of couching their arguments in PC terminology, the other groups are not. Perhaps you are unaware of this fact, but the term cripple is considered to be extremely anti-PC.Â* Check out some of the disability rights literature (both from the psychological or the sociological perspectives).Â* PC terminology would prefer words such as 'otherly-abled' or 'challenged'.[/quote]

Indeed. And therein lies the duality of PC Bullshit. The word CRIPPLE has legitimate meaning and can be found in ALL english dictionaries; yet it is somehow offensive now?Â* :roll:

Political Correctness is an ignorance/arrogance embodied by well-meaning souls who want everything in the world to be just and right. But it never will be.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=1719.msg62285#msg62285 date=1159675698]And what 'facts' are you talking about?Â* Scientific facts?Â* Social facts? Or the kinds of facts that people like to make up off the top of their head?
    And again, you don't have to prove anything to me, just the rest of the psychology community.Â* They wouldn't likely give much credence to your argument.
    [/quote]

The psychology community can kiss my lily-white ass.
    Was Future Man adopted?

for some reason, i feel wayyyy too stupid to be reading all that Peavey and Ugly are writing, lol
    <br /><br />

[quote author=RIPdavid1989 link=topic=1719.msg62303#msg62303 date=1159678030]
    for some reason, i feel wayyyy too stupid to be reading all that Peavey and Ugly are writing, lol
    [/quote]

Britney is hot, y0!!

:lol:
    Was Future Man adopted?

[quote author=ugly link=topic=1719.msg62306#msg62306 date=1159678213]
    [quote author=RIPdavid1989 link=topic=1719.msg62303#msg62303 date=1159678030]
    [/quote]

Britney is hot, y0!!

:lol:
    [/quote]

lol, i know!!! i love her white trashiness!!
    <br /><br />

The email's are so interesting to read, this kid had an excuse for EVERYTHING. Overdue bills, boot on the car, financial aid problems, ticket, good lord.&nbsp;
    To keep it in your mind and not forget<br />That it is not he or she or them or it<br />That you belong to

[quote author=crackityjones link=topic=1719.msg62517#msg62517 date=1159735828]
    The email's are so interesting to read, this kid had an excuse for EVERYTHING. Overdue bills, boot on the car, financial aid problems, ticket, good lord.Â*
    [/quote]
    I know.&nbsp; I would never have tried lying to my parents about some shit like that.&nbsp;
    First of all, they NEVER would have bought it.
    Second of all, I'd have been in some deep shit.

Wow, thanks for sharing that.Â*

So what do you think happened?Â* Did you notice all of the bizarre behaviors that he's exhibited in his emails?Â* Do you think his parents spoiled him to the point of ridiculousness?Â* If you thik he could be involved and present during the murder of hils parents, its not a huge leap to then be the actual murderer.Â* I would no sooner be able to kill my father than to be in the room while another person did.
    I really can't say, cause I really have no clue. There are so many speculations, I don't know what to believe. Like I said before, when you've known someone so long and so well, it's hard to imagine that they are capable of anything like that. Therefore, I go based on the fact that he was found guilty, so he's guilty, in one way or another.

I can't really say I noticed his bizarre behaviors before everything happened. His relationship with his parents was far different than his relationship with myself. He was by far one of the most spoiled people I knew. Granted his parents tried hard to not have it that way, but everytime he got himself into financial problems or any other type of problems, they bailed him out. Like I remember when he got his Jeep - he came over and showed me and told me he forged his fathers name on the loan, he didn't lie about it. But his parents didn't do anything either. They were protective of him on everything. Not that that is an excuse to kill/have them killed.

I really just wish that he would tell what happened, I mean, there is nothing he can really lose right now and it would give a lot of closure to those that care about him, like myself.

that's why my wife and I take turn's sleeping, you never know&nbsp; :lol: :lol: :lol:
    when things go wrong and you know they will, <br />and your daily rode seems all up hill.<br />and when your sad and blue and want to quit<br />remember one thing I DON&#039;T GIVE A SHIT

http://porcofactchecker.blogspot.com/2006/09/48-hours-to-entertain-us-with-porco.html

48 hours is doing a segment on the chris porco murders on october 28.
    &quot;swear there ain&#039;t no heaven, but i pray there ain&#039;t no hell&quot;<br />-Blood, Sweat, &amp; Tears

[quote author=KLee83 link=topic=1719.msg64113#msg64113 date=1159877453]

Wow, thanks for sharing that.Â*

So what do you think happened?Â* Did you notice all of the bizarre behaviors that he's exhibited in his emails?Â* Do you think his parents spoiled him to the point of ridiculousness?Â* If you thik he could be involved and present during the murder of hils parents, its not a huge leap to then be the actual murderer.Â* I would no sooner be able to kill my father than to be in the room while another person did.
    I really can't say, cause I really have no clue. There are so many speculations, I don't know what to believe. Like I said before, when you've known someone so long and so well, it's hard to imagine that they are capable of anything like that. Therefore, I go based on the fact that he was found guilty, so he's guilty, in one way or another.

I can't really say I noticed his bizarre behaviors before everything happened. His relationship with his parents was far different than his relationship with myself. He was by far one of the most spoiled people I knew. Granted his parents tried hard to not have it that way, but everytime he got himself into financial problems or any other type of problems, they bailed him out. Like I remember when he got his Jeep - he came over and showed me and told me he forged his fathers name on the loan, he didn't lie about it. But his parents didn't do anything either. They were protective of him on everything. Not that that is an excuse to kill/have them killed.

I really just wish that he would tell what happened, I mean, there is nothing he can really lose right now and it would give a lot of closure to those that care about him, like myself.
    [/quote]
    How unfortunate.&nbsp; I'm sure his parents didn't realize how bad it had become, but surely they are implicated in that they refused to put an end to that behavior.&nbsp; Good parenting is not playing defense for your kid.&nbsp; Good parenting is socializing your children to live as function, adjusted adults.&nbsp; This is where his parents are guilty of their greatest failing.&nbsp; Certainly, they didn't deserve to die for it, but its easy to see how their parenting, coupled with some serious mental health issues led to what happened.

[quote author=ugly link=topic=1719.msg62269#msg62269 date=1159673868]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Please, prove me wrong.
    [/quote]

e·mo·tion·al crip·ple (plural e·mo·tion·al crip·ples)

noun&nbsp;

Definition:
    &nbsp;
    an offensive term for somebody who has an emotional problem that prevents him or her from expressing feelings and having normal relationships with people

Source: MSN ENCARTA

crip-ple  /kr-pəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krip-uhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -pled, -pling, adjective

–noun 1. Sometimes Offensive. a. a person or animal that is partially or totally unable to use one or more limbs; a lame or disabled person or animal.&nbsp;
    b. a person who is disabled or impaired in any way: a mental cripple.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    2. anything that is impaired or flawed.&nbsp;
    3. a wounded animal, esp. one shot by a hunter.&nbsp;
    4. Carpentry. any structural member shorter than usual, as a stud beneath a window sill.&nbsp;
    5. Delaware Valley. a swampy, densely overgrown tract of land.&nbsp;
    –verb (used with object) 6. to make a cripple of; lame.&nbsp;
    7. to disable; impair; weaken.&nbsp;
    –adjective 8. Carpentry. jack1 (def. 27).&nbsp;

Source: Dictionary.com

Fortunately, Ugly, you do not get to define the idiom for the field of psychology. Some of your posts on serious topics have bordered on disturbing lately. Maybe you should stick with what you do best, comic relief.
    People do what they know; when they know better, they do better....Maya Angelou

Here is a photo of his mother after the attack - pretty badly disfigured.&nbsp; Sorry dont know how to put the photo directly in/
    Geesh, that made me seriously lmao
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

um....whats funny about it?

[quote author=TweekStar link=topic=1719.msg65473#msg65473 date=1159982744]
    um....whats funny about it?
    [/quote]

Right??
    There is a huge difference between being interested in morbid things, and getting joy from them.
    Fuckin' sickos

Thread Information