Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Laura Wallace (19) drowned in icy pond while trying to rescue dogs

Laura Wallace (19) drowned in icy pond while trying to rescue dogs

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/12/03/Laura_Wallace_(19)_drowned_in_an_icy_pond_while_at tempting_to_rescue_two_dogs

Sorry...I know i'm gonna get all kinds of shit from the strong front of animal lovers here...but eff those dogs. my life > dog's life...every day of the week, man. RIP Laura...good soul..too bad it killed you.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Re: Laura Wallace (19) drowned in icy pond while trying to rescue dogs

Well, if the poor pups couldn't get out of the pond what in the hells bells made her think she could get them AND her out of there safely? I wonder if the pups died too..

RIP Chickie, your heart was in the right place, your brain.. maybe not.. But you tried to do a good thing 
    If Only Closed Minds Came With Closed Mouths...<br />

Call me dumb but there is no way I could stand by and watch two dogs just die. Nope. No way. I could never live with myself for standing by and not trying to help. I'm not afraid of dying anyways and when it's my time to go then so be it. I would die trying to save just about anything and anyone (with a few exceptions of course). I would feel like a total selfish loser if I didn't. That's just me though. :-D

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=11213.msg637335#msg637335 date=1196709787]
    Call me dumb but there is no way I could stand by and watch two dogs just die. Nope. No way. I could never live with myself for standing by and not trying to help. I'm not afraid of dying anyways and when it's my time to go then so be it. I would die trying to save just about anything and anyone (with a few exceptions of course). I would feel like a total selfish loser if I didn't. That's just me though. :-D
    [/quote]

It's not about being selfish, I think it's about common sense. I'm not going to leave my child and husband behind trying to save an animal. Not to say I'm going to pull up a lawn chair and some popcorn (with theatre butter of course) and watch them drowned but I'm not going to jump into an icy lake, I'll call for help, I'll try to pull them up by their collar at the edge.. To me, it's just like anything else, people don't think things through. Does your baby need you more than an animal? The answer's easy for me...
    If Only Closed Minds Came With Closed Mouths...<br />

[quote author=Trish A Lish link=topic=11213.msg637348#msg637348 date=1196710328]
    It's not about being selfish, I think it's about common sense. I'm not going to leave my child and husband behind trying to save an animal. Not to say I'm going to pull up a lawn chair and some popcorn (with theatre butter of course) and watch them drowned but I'm not going to jump into an icy lake, I'll call for help, I'll try to pull them up by their collar at the edge.. To me, it's just like anything else, people don't think things through. Does your baby need you more than an animal? The answer's easy for me...
    [/quote]

Well we all like to think we would know what we would do in a situation but I guess you don't really know until you are dealing with it. I have plenty of common sense but it doesn't mean I'm not going to do whatever I can to help. I'm not an idiot. I never said I would jump in but it's always a possibility I could fall in. I would exercise every caution in trying to help of course but it's a chance I would take. I don't discriminate with whom I'm going to help. It's just my nature. That is fine if it is not yours. I don't think less of you. :-)

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=11213.msg637335#msg637335 date=1196709787]
    [/quote]

:-) I'm the same way.&nbsp; I know it sounds ridiculous, but there's no way that I could watch a dog drown...Especially my own.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=11213.msg637360#msg637360 date=1196710846]
    Well we all like to think we would know what we would do in a situation but I guess you don't really know until you are dealing with it. I have plenty of common sense but it doesn't mean I'm not going to do whatever I can to help. I'm not an idiot. I never said I would jump in but it's always a possibility I could fall in. I would exercise every caution in trying to help of course. It's a chance I would take.
    [/quote]
    Exactly. And I wouldn't risk falling in to save dogs.

I also don't swerve for animals when I'm driving.
    I'm not going to endanger my life and the life of my passengers and other people on the road for a squirrel.
    Oh, and I'm talking about animals in Queens NY, so there's nothing big.
    Just stuff that you might swerve away from and cause some major accidents.

Do I aim for them? Nope. But I'm not gonna be the jackass that tries to avoid the animal but hits another car head on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=11213.msg637369#msg637369 date=1196711148]

I'm not going to endanger my life and the life of my passengers and other people on the road for a squirrel.

Do I aim for them? Nope. But I'm not gonna be the jackass that tries to avoid the animal but hits another car head on.
    [/quote]

I thought you don't drive Ron? And I know your stance and don't judge you for it. We are two different people.

[/quote] I wouldn't stand by either. I would walk away.

[/quote] I don't swerve for animals either. I have slowed down for a dog once...but i've hit a few squirrels and a bunny once. I felt bad about the bunny. Not so much the squirrels.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Knockknock123 link=topic=11213.msg637362#msg637362 date=1196710971]
    :-) I'm the same way.&nbsp; I know it sounds ridiculous, but there's no way that I could watch a dog drown...Especially my own.
    [/quote]

I'm with you. I can't even imagine witnessing this without trying to do something.
    Stupid, maybe. But I hit a dog with my car about five years ago and I still feel so guilty about it. That's just the way I was built, I guess.

[/quote]

But really, how much damage could you do on your bike?

In Laura's case, it seems she didn't take time to consider the risks.&nbsp; Maybe she didn't realize how deep the water was or even how cold.&nbsp; Not to mention the general logistics involved once she reached the dogs.&nbsp; She must have been very kind hearted.&nbsp;

RIP Laura

I couldn't watch 2 dogs drown without trying to help them.

Humans I'd have to think twice.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=11213.msg637374#msg637374 date=1196711398]
    I wouldn't stand by either. I would walk away.
    I don't swerve for animals either. I have slowed down for a dog once...but i've hit a few squirrels and a bunny once. I felt bad about the bunny. Not so much the squirrels.
    [/quote]

Your choice. I don't expect everyone to think like me.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=11213.msg637378#msg637378 date=1196711507]

[/quote]

I love you. :oops:

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=11213.msg637372#msg637372 date=1196711290]
    I thought you don't drive Ron? And I know your stance and don't judge you for it. We are two different people.
    [/quote]
    I don't own a car, and I don't have a driver's license, but I have driven a car before.
    Automatic only though. No clue how to drive stick. :-P

I just wonder about people that care about animals THAT much.
    I mean, if you're driving and you would risk my...our lives for a squirrel.....
    I mean dude! WTF!?!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Hey, I'm not opposed to your stance. God has to weed out the morons somehow&nbsp; :lol:

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=11213.msg637384#msg637384 date=1196711611]
    I don't own a car, and I don't have a driver's license, but I have driven a car before.
    Automatic only though. No clue how to drive stick. :-P

I just wonder about people that care about animals THAT much.
    I mean, if you're driving and you would risk my...our lives for a squirrel.....
    I mean dude! WTF!?!
    [/quote]

It cracks me up that it bugs people so much when others really care about animals. Not everyone is like you. I don't get upset when people don't think like me. It wont change anything. I think a lot of your thinking is whacked but I don't get upset about it. In fact, I like you despite our differences. That's why we are individuals. Embrace it.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=11213.msg637387#msg637387 date=1196711690]
    Hey, I'm not opposed to your stance. God has to weed out the morons somehow&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

Wow. Does this really have to resort to name calling? :roll:

This explains a lot for me:

&quot;After Laura Mae Wallace gave her baby up for adoption three years ago, her dogs helped fill an emotional void, and she rebuilt her life through foster care. She would sacrifice anything for her dogs, and on Sunday, tragically she did.&quot;

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_7619803

(Edited because I'm an idiot)

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=11213.msg637398#msg637398 date=1196711979]
    Wow. Does this really have to resort to name calling? :roll:
    [/quote] I wasn't talking specifically to you. Don't take it personally. We obviously have very different views though. I personally would not come within 20 feet of a pit bull. ever.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=11213.msg637378#msg637378 date=1196711507]

[/quote]

I'd say it depends on the person/animal.

If it came down to me saving Cujo or MBS, I'd save Cujo.

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=11213.msg637405#msg637405 date=1196712191]
    I'd say it depends on the person/animal.

If it came down to me saving Cujo or MBS, I'd save Cujo.
    [/quote] Is there an option to let them both drown?

Amy's taste > Tara's

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=11213.msg637391#msg637391 date=1196711861]
    It cracks me up that it bugs people so much when others really care about animals. Not everyone is like you. I don't get upset when people don't think like me. It wont change anything. I think a lot of your thinking is whacked but I don't get upset about it. In fact, I like you despite our differences. That's why we are individuals. Embrace it.
    [/quote]You are obviously very passionate about animals and I think that's great, honestly. Everyone should be passionate about something. It doesn't bother me that people really care about animals. The only thing that sort of bothers me is when I see, on these boards, &quot;The animal deaths are worse than people's!&quot; Seriously?
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=11213.msg637423#msg637423 date=1196712729]
    You are obviously very passionate about animals and I think that's great, honestly. Everyone should be passionate about something. It doesn't bother me that people really care about animals. The only thing that sort of bothers me is when I see, on these boards, &quot;The animal deaths are worse than people's!&quot; Seriously?
    [/quote] What she said.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=11213.msg637408#msg637408 date=1196712298]
    Is there an option to let them both drown?
    [/quote]

Hmmm.&nbsp; I'll have to get back to you on that one.

I say we put Ron in charge of his tombstone.&nbsp; He's really good at acting like MBS.

And I love animals, but I certainly wouldn't give my life for one.&nbsp;

Thread Information