Thread: i thought i had heard everything...omfg ignorance in abundance in GA

i thought i had heard everything...omfg ignorance in abundance in GA

Pregnant teen forced to drink turpentine to induce abortion, cops say
    COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) — Police have arrested the mother and two cousins of a pregnant 16-year-old who are accused of forcing the teen to drink turpentine in an attempt to induce an abortion.

Rozelletta B. Blackshire, 44, was charged with criminal abortion and first-degree cruelty to children, Columbus Police Sgt. Debra Bohannon said. The teen's cousins, Shonda Y. Blackshire, 26, of Columbus, and Monica M. Johnson, 28, of Eufaula, Ala., also were arrested Friday and charged with criminal abortion.

Investigators have not determined whether the turpentine has had any harmful effects on the teen, who is three months pregnant, or the fetus.

"There's no medical evidence that would support you could induce an abortion by giving her turpentine," Bohannon said. "Still, it's not made to ingest. It's not good to ingest."

Bohannon said the girl's mother and cousins twice forced her to drink turpentine between Sept. 12 and Sept. 20.

The women might have wanted the teen to have an abortion because her pregnancy could have exacerbated an unrelated health problem, Bohannon said. The girl is in protective custody.

Police were notified after the girl told her school counselor that her mother made her drink turpentine.

Bohannon said the sex crimes unit was handling the case because they already were investigating a sexual assault case involving the pregnant teen. Investigators believe the girl conceived during that assault.

If convicted in the criminal abortion case, the women could face up to 10 years in prison.

Phone numbers for Rozelletta Blackshire and Johnson were not listed and the women could not be reached for comment. A number listed for Shonda Blackshire was disconnected.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/0926/turpentine_ap.html

:? :?

Re: i thought i had heard everything...omfg ignorance in abundance in GA

Wow... why not get a real abortion? 
    People are fucked up...

wow. that was very very very very ignorant
    <br /><br />

This is what happens when backwards ass hillbillies try to play doctor&nbsp;
    American Witch, Crazy Bitch<br /><br />

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=1716.msg58631#msg58631 date=1159293183]
    uhm, excuse me.Â* i'm from Georgia and i don't appreciate you guys making fun of Georgia as if EVERYONE from there is a &quot;backward hillbilly&quot; and ignorant.Â* this could have happened anywhere.Â* meanies.Â*
    [/quote]
    hold up there ga peach..i'm from augusta i'm just making note about some ignorant asses that live in GA.&nbsp; ignorance is everywhere my dear...

i'm fine.&nbsp; i was just kidding (kinda), i just felt the need to speak up for my homestate.&nbsp; there are some whack people 'round here, for shizzle.
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=1716.msg58664#msg58664 date=1159294187]
    i'm fine.Â* i was just kidding (kinda), i just felt the need to speak up for my homestate.Â* there are some whack people 'round here, for shizzle.
    [/quote]

Ah there's whack people everywhere... nothing against Georgia&nbsp; :-)

Im surprised the girl didn't become deathly ill from ingesting a toxic poison.&nbsp; I can already see their logic, &quot;Ya see here, turpentine costs $20 dollars... going to one of dem doctors and gettin' and abortion will cost more me more than that...&quot;

[quote author=holly link=topic=1716.msg58553#msg58553 date=1159290591]
    Wow... why not get a real abortion?Â*
    People are fucked up...
    [/quote]

lots of reasons, it's expensive, it's hard to find abortion providers in the south, you wouldn't want people to see you enter a clinic, the radical christian right...i could go on and on...

A Georgia resident here........not born and breed, but access to abotions while you can, it's not easy for younger girls.

The poison, not unheard of, neither is getting punched in the stomach, taking all your girlfriend pills, crochet hooks, the list goes on.
    I'm with Emmie, until access take precedence over religious and conservative beliefs, girls are going to risk their lives.

As for the mother here, there is no excuse.&nbsp; If the girl went to her, the mom needed to be there for her to help her with the choices she has, rather than trying to save money for lottery tickets and crack.

[quote author=reachingupforair link=topic=1716.msg59658#msg59658 date=1159390237]
    A Georgia resident here........not born and breed, but access to abotions while you can, it's not easy for younger girls.

The poison, not unheard of, neither is getting punched in the stomach, taking all your girlfriend pills, crochet hooks, the list goes on.
    I'm with Emmie, until access take precedence over religious and conservative beliefs, girls are going to risk their lives.

As for the mother here, there is no excuse.Â* If the girl went to her, the mom needed to be there for her to help her with the choices she has, rather than trying to save money for lottery tickets and crack.
    [/quote]

i've often considered moving to the south to see if i can make a difference down there...but i'm not far from SD...&nbsp;

wow that IS pretty messed up. talk about bad parenting...I'm from Georgia as well, and i can tell ya from some of the people 've met here would fall right into that category of hillbilly...&nbsp; :lol:

oh good golly.
    im from the south [or realized yall call it southwest]
    and i know tons and tons of girls who have had abortions.

please, i think this is more of a case of not having any money for an abortion and probably didn't want a child by someone who assaulted her.

but i agree, this is messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=Words of Love You link=topic=1716.msg59719#msg59719 date=1159392450]
    oh good golly.

please, i think this is more of a case of not having any money for an abortion and probably didn't want a child by someone who assaulted her.

[/quote]

i certainly don't want an argument...&nbsp; but here are some statistics for you:

http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/choice-action-center/in_your_state/who-decides/state-profiles/

sure there are northern states (like sd) which are pretty anti-choice...but the problems in the south (south east if you prefer) are serious and should not be down played.

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=1716.msg59735#msg59735 date=1159392902]
    [quote author=Words of Love You link=topic=1716.msg59719#msg59719 date=1159392450]
    oh good golly.

[/quote]

i certainly don't want an argument...Â* but here are some statistics for you:

http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/choice-action-center/in_your_state/who-decides/state-profiles/

sure there are northern states (like sd) which are pretty anti-choice...but the problems in the south (south east if you prefer) are serious and should not be down played.
    [/quote]

If I were gay I'd sooooo want emmie as my girlfriened :)&nbsp; I love a powerful activist!

oh good golly.

[/quote]

Bingo.&nbsp; Obviously, the people weren't educated.&nbsp; Uneducated people do really stupid shit.&nbsp; Uneducated people are really poor.&nbsp; So at the end of the day, you have a bunch of hicks from sticks doing stupid shit because they either didn't know or couldn't afford to do otherwise.&nbsp;

any time it is brought up and its from a southern state, that is automatically assumed its because of ethical or religious beliefs.

this doesnt scream out to me as being such.
    a lot are big talkers but when it comes down to it, they might just go with that abortion and keep it on the hush hush.

i definitely know it is frowned upon here. i do some of that frowning.
    but mine is more of, if you spread 'em then its your responsibility to follow through with the consequences.

a case like this, where she was raped, im assuming...that is very heartbreaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=reachingupforair link=topic=1716.msg59744#msg59744 date=1159393239]
    If I were gay I'd sooooo want emmie as my girlfriened :)Â* Â*I love a powerful activist!
    [/quote]

you make me blush...i need more women like yourself in my life.

WOW! talk about backwars ass hillbillies i live in PA and in the sticks you'll find em or anywhere ...that mom is a fin sicko
    &quot;Why does the rest of the world put up with the hypocrisy, the need to put a happy face on sorrow&quot; Elizabeth<br />Wurtzel &quot;fear is in our minds&quot; Amy Lee<br />

Thread Information