Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jerid Sturman-Camyn (20) was tied to a pickup truck and dragged to death

Jerid Sturman-Camyn (20) was tied to a pickup truck and dragged to death

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/11/27/Jerid_Sturman_Camyn_(20)_was_tied_to_a_pickup_truc k_and_dragged_to_death

Wtf?  I don't understand...  Did Jerid threaten a group of hunters, and was tied,.... or did Sinn threaten them, and then tie Jerid up.

It's a pretty unclear article. I'll look for a better one.   

In any event....what a horrible way to die....  and I feel bad for the kid, if he's telling the truth.

RIP Jerid.

Re: Jerid Sturman-Camyn (20) was tied to a pickup truck and dragged to death

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=11132.msg626782#msg626782 date=1196115040]
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/11/27/Jerid_Sturman_Camyn_(20)_was_tied_to_a_pickup_truc k_and_dragged_to_death

Wtf?   I don't understand...  Did Jerid threaten a group of hunters, and was tied,.... or did Sinn threaten them, and then tie Jerid up.

It's a pretty unclear article. I'll look for a better one.   

In any event....what a horrible way to die....  and I feel bad for the kid, if he's telling the truth.

RIP Jerid.
    [/quote]

I was just going to start this one up, Mortis. This is beyond bizarre.
    There are a few more details that are emerging. Jerid supposedly became angry after a night of heavy drinking and was threatening the group of hunters with an axe. Then Sinn tied Jerid to the truck, and told the 17-year-old to drive off. So the kid could have truly not known Jerid was tied to the truck.

What a horrible way to go, regardless of what Jerid may or may not have been threatening.

And how horrible for the 17-year-old kid to have to live with that without really being at fault.

(Sorry about not posting a new link, but I never know what you can or can't post in the preemie deaths before they're published.) I will edit if needed.

What a horrible way to die.  I feel really sorry for the kid driving too.  He's going to have to live with this for the rest of his life. 

RIP Jerid

deliberate_misuse

This story is so bizarre.  If Jerid had an axe, how did Sinn get close enough to him to tie a rope around him?  And why didn't the 17-year-old hear any screaming?

RIP Jerid.  I hope you were too drunk to feel any pain.

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=11132.msg626869#msg626869 date=1196118909]
    This story is so bizarre.  If Jerid had an axe, how did Sinn get close enough to him to tie a rope around him?  And why didn't the 17-year-old hear any screaming?

RIP Jerid.  I hope you were too drunk to feel any pain.
    [/quote]

http://www.townhall.com/news/us/2007/11/25/student_dragged_to_death_behind_truck

This article is saying what I was thinking.  This poor 17 year old was probably scared to death and just put the pedal to the metal and floored it.  I'm guessing if he was in an older pick-up and out in the woods somewhere he wouldn't have heard the screaming.  Obviously the hunters weren't in that much fear if they were able to tie him up to a truck.

Crazy-ass story.  :?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

The victim, a 20-year-old student at Eastern Washington University, had frightened a group of eight people at a campsite Saturday night by making threats, including mentioning coming after them with an ax, the Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office said.
    I wondered how they got so close to an ax wielding maniac.  This sounds to me like he didn't have an ax at all.  People are brutal.  I know of one other case where someone was dragged to death, and it was horrible.  I can't imagine someone doing that to a college kid.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Jackin' = touching the lord's wand.

[quote author=Josephine link=topic=11132.msg626976#msg626976 date=1196123699]
    I wondered how they got so close to an ax wielding maniac.  This sounds to me like he didn't have an ax at all.  People are brutal.  I know of one other case where someone was dragged to death, and it was horrible.  I can't imagine someone doing that to a college kid.

[/quote]
    From the link that mialynneb posted:

"The victim, a 20-year-old student at Eastern Washington University, had frightened a group of eight people at a campsite Saturday night by making threats, including mentioning coming after them with an ax, the Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office said.

Sounds like he didn't have the axe when he was threatening the campers, so it probably wasn't that hard for the group to overpower him.  The question is, was the 17 year old driver present during the altercation? How could he not see them tie this guy up? I doesn't pass my BS detectors, unless he had just returned to camp from the woods and someone told him to go to town to get some more paper plates or something...

So, he threatened a group of hunters?  Shouldn't they have had tools to hunt with as well, to protect themselves?  And they retaliated by doing this?
    How horrible.  If he was threatening them, and wasn't in his right mind, why not just walk away?
    I'm sure there's more I don't understand, but geez...

RIP Jerid.
    Fact:  Bears eat beets.

Oh Jesus. I wonder how long he was dragged before he died... that must have been horrifically painful.
    Poor guy.

WTF is about all I can say about all this.  I thought the driver's story was a little hard to believe too but this article made it a little easier to understand. I'm sure there's much more of this story to come.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...r=HOME_3539534
    "According to a sheriff's office statement, Sinn told a 17-year-old boy to get into the pickup and be prepared to flee."  :-o That poor kid if that's the case. RIP Jerid.
    Cancer JUNE 22 - JULY 22<br />Don&#39;t let negativity win out today, even though it probably will, because you&#39;re a worthless human being who most likely doesn&#39;t deserve to be happy.

Dang, I thought this said Jerin. So close!
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

The guy that tied him to the truck was a 40 something year old man.&nbsp; He should have used better judgment than that.

My friend's husband and his whole family goes hunting right around this time of year.&nbsp; Its pretty much a big ass drunk fest.&nbsp; Stupid stuff happens when you get a bunch of drunk guys with too much testosterone together.

I feel bad for the kid who drove the truck.&nbsp; There was probably a lot of commotion and he was told to get the hell out of there.&nbsp; Probably was drinking and didn't want to get busted as a 17 yr old being drunk if the cops got called.&nbsp; Who knows.&nbsp; The whole thing is bad news, that's for sure.

RIP Jerid

Story in Wash. Dragging Death Questioned

By NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS – 8 hours ago

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — A prosecutor cast doubt Wednesday on witness accounts that a teenager didn't realize he had dragged a college student behind his pickup truck for 13 miles.

Witnesses have told sheriff's investigators that 20-year-old Jerid S. Sturman-Camyn had been threatening people with an ax during a night of heavy drinking at a hunting camp moments before he was dragged to his death.

Investigators allege Wendell C. Sinn Jr., 45, of Newman Lake, placed a noose around Sturman-Camyn's neck when he was distracted and attached the rope to the trailer hitch of the truck.

Sinn had told his son, 17-year-old Justin Daniel Sinn, to get in the truck and prepare to leave, authorities said. Justin Sinn apparently didn't know he was dragging Sturman-Camyn by the neck when his father told him to drive away, Pend Oreille County Sheriff Jerry Weeks has said.

But that makes no sense, Deputy Prosecutor Tony Koures said, in part because the youth presumably saw Sturman-Camyn being roped.

&quot;I think the kid was supposed to stop, and he panicked,&quot; Koures said.

Wendell Sinn was arrested for investigation of second-degree murder or first-degree manslaughter.

Justin Sinn was not arrested, and no charges have been filed against him. A message left at the home he shares with his father was not returned.

Koures said he plans to charge Wendell Sinn, who is free on $100,000 bail, with second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter.

&quot;He ought to refrain from statements until he gets the facts,&quot; said John P. Nollette, the elder Sinn's lawyer. &quot;I think there is a logical explanation for what occurred here.&quot;

Nollette said his client acted in self-defense and to protect the others at the campsite near Usk, about 45 miles north of Spokane.

Sturman-Camyn was dragged nearly 13 miles before the truck stopped near the Kalispel Indian Reservation. Koures said the body was dismembered during the dragging.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...gVqewD8T74LAO0

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=11132.msg631310#msg631310 date=1196342613]

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — A prosecutor cast doubt Wednesday on witness accounts that a teenager didn't realize he had dragged a college student behind his pickup truck for 13 miles.

Witnesses have told sheriff's investigators that 20-year-old Jerid S. Sturman-Camyn had been threatening people with an ax during a night of heavy drinking at a hunting camp moments before he was dragged to his death.

Investigators allege Wendell C. Sinn Jr., 45, of Newman Lake, placed a noose around Sturman-Camyn's neck when he was distracted and attached the rope to the trailer hitch of the truck.

Sinn had told his son, 17-year-old Justin Daniel Sinn, to get in the truck and prepare to leave, authorities said. Justin Sinn apparently didn't know he was dragging Sturman-Camyn by the neck when his father told him to drive away, Pend Oreille County Sheriff Jerry Weeks has said.

But that makes no sense, Deputy Prosecutor Tony Koures said, in part because the youth presumably saw Sturman-Camyn being roped.

Wendell Sinn was arrested for investigation of second-degree murder or first-degree manslaughter.

Justin Sinn was not arrested, and no charges have been filed against him. A message left at the home he shares with his father was not returned.

Koures said he plans to charge Wendell Sinn, who is free on $100,000 bail, with second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter.

&quot;He ought to refrain from statements until he gets the facts,&quot; said John P. Nollette, the elder Sinn's lawyer. &quot;I think there is a logical explanation for what occurred here.&quot;

Nollette said his client acted in self-defense and to protect the others at the campsite near Usk, about 45 miles north of Spokane.

Sturman-Camyn was dragged nearly 13 miles before the truck stopped near the Kalispel Indian Reservation. Koures said the body was dismembered during the dragging.

[/quote]

It's bad that the 17 year olds father put him in this situation.
    I wonder if the kid saw Jerid's body after he stopped.&nbsp; Did he stop on his own or did the cops pull him over after hearing reports of a body being dragged.

I wonder if this hunting campsite was right on the road? If this kid drove off-road, even if there was a path, while dragging something behind him he had to notice something was wrong. The body would have been catching on clumps of grass, bouncing around and jerking the truck I would think.

I admit I don't have experience dragging bodies but I do have experience pulling small trailers and there is just no doubt that something is back there. I know, I know, bodies don't weigh as much as even a small trailer plus this kid was only 17 and didn't have much driving experience. It just seems like he should have known something was up. He was probably scared to death, though, too.

God what a horrible, horrible way to die. What an idiot the adult was who did this.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Ew.&nbsp; I absolutely can't wait for more details to surface on this story.&nbsp; I find it hard to believe that these people meant to kill the guy.&nbsp; Maybe they were just trying to scare him and the 17 year-old freaked out.&nbsp; Stupids.

To place a noose around someones neck that is connected to a car, and have someone else start driving, is a sure way to get someone killed. Even if they only went 1 mile, his neck could have snapped the minute he hit the ground. I hope that was the case for him and that he didn't have to live through all of the dragging. This story makes my stomach turn, and scared to leave the house knowing there is people that could do that to another human being, as most of these stories do.

What a bastard dad to put his son in the middle of it. Even if the kid DID know he was dragging the body, if his dad is capable of doing this to a stranger, I am sure he put the fear of god into his son and he was afraid not to do what his dad orders him too...

RIP Jerid

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=11132.msg631310#msg631310 date=1196342613]

[/quote]

He is FREE ON BAIL?? Why the hell is he free on bail?

[quote author=Nieci link=topic=11132.msg631967#msg631967 date=1196361413]
    He is FREE ON BAIL?? Why the hell is he free on bail?
    [/quote]
    Because he paid it.

We still don't have very many details on this story.&nbsp; The fact that they aren't charging him with first degree murder is pretty telling...

[quote author=Josephine link=topic=11132.msg626976#msg626976 date=1196123699]
    I wondered how they got so close to an ax wielding maniac.&nbsp; This sounds to me like he didn't have an ax at all.&nbsp; People are brutal.&nbsp; I know of one other case where someone was dragged to death, and it was horrible.&nbsp; I can't imagine someone doing that to a college kid.

[/quote]

http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/16/dragging.death.04/index.html that case in texas, horrible hate crime?
    Thats all i could think about when I first read the title of this article.

I don't know how the kid could not realize that he was dragging someone behind him...&nbsp; Weren't they all sitting around a campfire or just hanging out when the threatening began?&nbsp; Why would the kid be in his truck when everyone is just hanging out..?&nbsp; Maybe I'm reading the article wrong, but I'd have to think the kid knew what was going on..&nbsp; Or at least had some clue.&nbsp; The dad probably did tell him to drive off, but I think that he knew he was going to drag Jerid behind him.

being dragged to death would be absolutely horrible.&nbsp; I can't imagine.
    RIP Jerid

sounds like it all happened kinda quickly.

i know if someone put a noose around my neck i wouldnt just leave it there...i would remove it quickly....

so in a matter of seconds, the father puts a noose over his head, and manages to yell for the boy to go....and then hes dragged? yikes.

i think the boy had to have known, but was going with what his father was saying...

13 miles? that is really far.

Crime Library has a section on Jerid's death.&nbsp; It's a bit long to post here so here's the link

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ori...an_Camyn1.html

SPOKANE, WA (Crime Library) — The attorney for a Newman Lake man claims his client acted in self-defense when he tied a rope around the neck of an Eastern Washington University sophomore and caused him to be dragged to death behind a pickup truck last weekend
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1107/2801_Jerid_Sturman_Camyn1.html

i may be totally off on this but...how can tying a noose around someone's neck and telling his son to drive off count as self defense?
    I understand grabbing a gun because the kid took a swing at him..?&nbsp; but i just dont get how the most likely long process of getting a rope to tie around Jerid's neck, then hooking it to the truck can come off as self defense...

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=11132.msg628928#msg628928 date=1196213056]
    Dang, I thought this said Jerin. So close!
    [/quote]

I was tripping for a second myself.

And sorry I disappointed you, :lol:
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=11132.msg632150#msg632150 date=1196365184]
    Crime Library has a section on Jerid's death.&nbsp; It's a bit long to post here so here's the link

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ori...an_Camyn1.html

[/quote]
    Wow.&nbsp; Thanks- that had way more info than we've been privy to so far.

Thread Information