Thread: Tracy Burke (31) and mother-in-law shot to death by Tracy's estranged husband

Tracy Burke (31) and mother-in-law shot to death by Tracy's estranged husband

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/11/21/Tracy_Burke_(31)_and_her_former_mother_in_law_were _shot_to_death_by_Tracy_s_estranged_husband

I hope those poor children didn't witness any of this.  The article says that a 9-year-old boy called 911 and said that he'd heard gunfire the night before.  Burke also shot and killed the family dog.  They were in the middle of divorcing and apparently Tracy had said previously that she was scared of her husband. 

One part of the article that confused me is that it says he killed Tracy and her former mother-in-law.  I assume they mean his former mother-in-law. 

RIP Tracy and Karen

Re: Tracy Burke (31) and her mother were shot to death by Tracy's estranged husb

Here is the 911 call from Tracy's 9 year old son.  http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=552_1189705382
    Maybe he didn't witness the murders because he says that he doesn't know who the killer was.

I submitted this article and was under the impression that Karen was Tracy's mother, but that is not right.  This article also says that Karen was Tracy's former mother-in-law. 

Family Court wrestles with custody of Burke’s children
    By BOB WHITE
    Wednesday, October 31, 2007 9:01 PM CDT

9 year old who made 911 call joins his dad in Washington state

ELIZABETHTOWN — A hearing Wednesday in Hardin Family Court resulted in the custody of the eldest child of murder victim Tracy Burke being awarded to his biological father, family members said.

The fate of two younger children, left motherless after someone shot and killed Burke and her former mother-in-law, Karen Comer, on Sept. 11 in Rineyville is unclear.

The father of the two youngest children, 29-year-old Brent Burke, was charged Oct. 15 with committing the homicides.

Stanley Burke, father to Brent Burke, said the court had not determined which family member will gain custody of the children after the court emptied Wednesday afternoon. His attorney, Thomas E. Cooper, quickly silenced Burke when he found him talking to a reporter.

According to Comer family members, a Family Court judge instructed all parties involved in the case to remain silent.

Michael Pete, the father of 9-year-old Matthew Pete, a boy who gained national attention because of his detailed 911 report of the killings, confirmed his son was going home with him to Fort Lewis, Wash.

“Matthew wants to go home with his father,” said Danielle Beaman, a friend of Tracy Burke’s who came to Hardin County for the hearing. “He’s excited about it.”

Even with the child’s stated excitement, Beaman said it was hard to see the three children split up after the death of their mother.

“I wish there was a way to keep them together,” Beaman added.

The two younger children, ages 4 and 2, likely will stay together since they are full-blooded brother and sister — the son and daughter of Tracy and Brent Burke.

In previous interviews, the children’s paternal grandmother, Irene Burke, said her side of the family has an interest in gaining custody of the children.

Since the killings, the children have been cared for by Comer’s daughter in Pennsylvania. Beaman said Tracy Burke’s family was trying to have the children placed with their maternal uncle, who is a U.S. marshal living in St. Louis.

Another hearing regarding custody of the two younger Burke children is scheduled Jan. 16.

Their father remains jailed in lieu of a $2 million bond. He is charged with two counts of murder, burglary, three counts of wanton endangerment and cruelty to animals.

If the case goes to trial, he could face the death penalty if convicted.

http://www.newsenterpriseonline.com/articles/2007/11/01/news/news032.txt

Re: Tracy Burke (31) and her mother were shot to death by Tracy's estranged husband

If Karen is Tracy's former mother-in-law, doesn't that make her Brent's mother?  On second thoughts he isn't the father of the oldest child so maybe she was married before and Karen is the mother of her previous ex-husband.  She would be the oldest child's grandmother which would make sense as to why she was at the house.

Re: Tracy Burke (31) and mother-in-law shot to death by Tracy's estranged husban

Why would you kill the dog? Was it a big, scary dog, or was he just that much of an asshole? 

Re: Tracy Burke (31) and her mother were shot to death by Tracy's estranged husb

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=11047.msg620346#msg620346 date=1195650555]
    If Karen is Tracy's former mother-in-law, doesn't that make her Brent's mother?  On second thoughts he isn't the father of the oldest child so maybe she was married before and Karen is the mother of her previous ex-husband.  She would be the oldest child's grandmother which would make sense as to why she was at the house.
    [/quote]

From the sounds of it, she was the mother of her EX husband. 

Man, that 911 call brought tears to my eyes....  I cannot imagine....

RIP ladies.

Re: Tracy Burke (31) and mother-in-law shot to death by Tracy's estranged husband

[quote author=sarahsue link=topic=11047.msg620727#msg620727 date=1195664241]
    From the sounds of it, she was the mother of her EX husband. 

Man, that 911 call brought tears to my eyes....  I cannot imagine....

RIP ladies.
    [/quote]

That was the conclusion I came to but it was in a very roundabout way.  Listening to Matthew on that 911 tape was heartbreaking.

[quote author=maybell link=topic=11047.msg620709#msg620709 date=1195663871]
    Why would you kill the dog? Was it a big, scary dog, or was he just that much of an asshole? 
    [/quote]

If it was Tracy's dog then maybe it would have defended her or maybe it started barking so he shut it up.  The article implies there was more than one dog but only one dog shot.

RIP Tracy and Karen

Re: Tracy Burke (31) and mother-in-law shot to death by Tracy's estranged husban

[quote author=maybell link=topic=11047.msg620709#msg620709 date=1195663871]
    [/quote]

I'm thinking that maybe the dog was trying to protect Tracy so he just shot and killed the poor thing.

Fucking monster!

Thread Information