Thread: Andrea LeFan (16) killed when a vehicle tried to pass her car in a no pass zone

Andrea LeFan (16) killed when a vehicle tried to pass her car in a no pass zone

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2007/11/17/Andrea_LeFan_(16)_was_killed_when_another_vehicle_ tried_to_pass_her_in_a_no_passing_zone

Andrea LeFan (16) was killed when she tried to pass another vehicle in a no passing zone

The MDS Editor needs to fix this headline. It was not Andrea's fault. Read the article. She was in her lane and was killed by the vehicle trying to pass coming towards her.

Please fix this.

Andrea LeFan (16) killed when a vehicle tried to pass her car in a no pass zone

You need to take the dashes out of your subject line and take off the bit at the beginning.  Your subject doesn't need to be the whole link.  Just the description.  ;)

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Andrea LeFan (16) killed when a vehicle tried to pass her car in a no pass z

Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Re: Andrea LeFan (16) killed when a vehicle tried to pass her car in a no pass z

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=11003.msg617722#msg617722 date=1195482448]
    Fixed.
    [/quote]

Still not right according to the article. She was the oncoming car the illegal passer hit.

State police say a Pontiac Firebird was passing another car in a no passing zone and failed to move back into its lane before colliding with an oncoming Chevy Cavalier.

Two people in the Firebird were pronounced dead at the scene. They were identified as 23-year-old Bobby J. Taylor Junior of Smithland, the driver, and 17-year-old Shonda L. McFarland of Salem.

The driver of the Cavalier, 16-year-old Andrea Lefan of Fredonia, Kentucky, was airlifted to an Evansville hospital where she later died.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Sorry about the mistake.

R.I.P. Andrea.

Re: Andrea LeFan (16) killed when a vehicle tried to pass her car in a no pass zone

This is so sad!! Ive almost had it happen to me twice. Cars passing and coming milliseconds from hitting me and my family. It pisses me off that people cant follow simple rules like dont pass in a no passing zone!! Poor girl RIP :-(
    <br />[/quote]

Re: Andrea LeFan (16) killed when a vehicle tried to pass her car in a no pass zone

Being a learner driver and having to stick to my 80km/h speed limit I often get cars that overtake me in dangerous places. Are people really in THAT much of a rush to get places? Gosh when are people going to start thinking about the possible consequences of these actions?

RIP Andrea

[quote author=Kellza link=topic=11003.msg622153#msg622153 date=1195728253]
    Being a learner driver and having to stick to my 80km/h speed limit I often get cars that overtake me in dangerous places. Are people really in THAT much of a rush to get places? Gosh when are people going to start thinking about the possible consequences of these actions?

RIP Andrea
    [/quote]
    Seriously. I mean, to hit someone dead on!!?
    What was the big fuckin rush?
    I really want to know where they were going, and why they just HAD to be there so fast.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=11003.msg622598#msg622598 date=1195760250]
    Seriously. I mean, to hit someone dead on!!?
    What was the big fuckin rush?
    I really want to know where they were going, and why they just HAD to be there so fast.
    [/quote] You live in New York and you don't know the answer to this? Everyone thinks that they are more important than everyone else. duh.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=11003.msg622605#msg622605 date=1195760387]
    You live in New York and you don't know the answer to this? Everyone thinks that they are more important than everyone else. duh.
    [/quote]
    Yea, but you don't really have the space to get your car up to a deadly speed here. :lol:

And I will knock you down to get to a train if it's about to pull away.....
    But I ain't going into the wrong lane and chance running into another car head on.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=11003.msg622611#msg622611 date=1195760677]
    Yea, but you don't really have the space to get your car up to a deadly speed here. :lol:

And I will knock you down to get to a train if it's about to pull away.....
    But I ain't going into the wrong lane and chance running into another car head on.
    [/quote]well no...speed isn't too much of an issue there, is it?&nbsp; :lol: but you know there are so many people that are like 'i will cut a bitch if you try to merge in front of me.'
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=11003.msg622638#msg622638 date=1195761460]
    well no...speed isn't too much of an issue there, is it?&nbsp; :lol: but you know there are so many people that are like 'i will cut a bitch if you try to merge in front of me.'
    [/quote]
    Yea, I had a friend get a gun pulled on him by a couple of guidos once.
    They pulled over after a 'bad merge' and everything.
    Next thing he knows he has a gun in his face.

Come to think of it...he was in Jersey. :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=11003.msg622654#msg622654 date=1195762023]
    Yea, I had a friend get a gun pulled on him by a couple of guidos once.
    They pulled over after a 'bad merge' and everything.
    Next thing he knows he has a gun in his face.

Come to think of it...he was in Jersey. :lol:
    [/quote]dude...this whole AREA (NJ, NY, PA) does not know how to merge. Or more realistically, they KNOW how to merge, yet are way too stubborn to do it properly. I bet traffic accidents would decrease by 50% if people merged properly.&nbsp;

Amy's taste > Tara's

Just as you have to trust your life to the honesty, skill and judgment of strangers, so must they, when they drive, put their lives in your hands on advance faith alone.

Think of this when you drive. Each car you meet and safely pass represents one more human being who has staked his life on your respect for the law and on your skill and judgment.

Henry Gregor Felson
    Author of &quot;To My Son, the Teenage Driver&quot;

This was in with the stuff my daughter got when she got her permit yesterday. Along with a book called &quot;You're the Coach! A Guide for Parents of New Drivers&quot; which recommends you have them stop the car before you smack then up side the head for doing something stupid.

j/k but it's still good advice.&nbsp;

RIP Andrea&nbsp; Even if there is time to react to someone coming right at you, you just don't know how they are going to react and may end up hitting head on no matter which way you go.

When these assholes hit Ms. Lefan, I wonder what was the driver was thinking.
    I mean, he decided to go into that lane, and saw another car coming head on.
    I just wonder what the last thing that went through his head was.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=11003.msg622711#msg622711 date=1195765149]
    When these assholes hit Ms. Lefan, I wonder what was the driver was thinking.
    I mean, he decided to go into that lane, and saw another car coming head on.
    I just wonder what the last thing that went through his head was.
    [/quote]

forgivemefatherforihavesiahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Depends on how fast it was. Did he pull out to pass and wham, or pull out to pass and almost made it but just not quite or what I wonder.

There was a kid here who hit a couple head on a few years ago because he wasn't paying attention, suddenly realized a car in front of him was stopped waiting to turn left and instead of swerving to the shoulder of the road to miss them he swerved into the oncoming lane.&nbsp;

Killed them, he lived but in that case probably didn't have much time to think about anything. I hope he's done a lot of thinking since.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=11003.msg622719#msg622719 date=1195765624]
    forgivemefatherforihavesiahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Depends on how fast it was. Did he pull out to pass and wham, or pull out to pass and almost made it but just not quite or what I wonder.

There was a kid here who hit a couple head on a few years ago because he wasn't paying attention, suddenly realized a car in front of him was stopped waiting to turn left and instead of swerving to the shoulder of the road to miss them he swerved into the oncoming lane.&nbsp;

Killed them, he lived but in that case probably didn't have much time to think about anything. I hope he's done a lot of thinking since.
    [/quote]
    You're obviously new.

Q: I just wonder what the last thing that went through his head was.
    A: The Windshield.

Welcome to MDS.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=11003.msg622733#msg622733 date=1195767461]
    You're obviously new.

Q: I just wonder what the last thing that went through his head was.
    A: The Windshield.

Welcome to MDS.
    [/quote]

Technically wouldn't his head go through the windshield? Unless he had airbags.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=11003.msg622747#msg622747 date=1195770632]
    Technically wouldn't his head go through the windshield? Unless he had airbags.

[/quote]
    The last thing that went through his head? Glass.

Happy now?

Thread Information