Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan Meier (13) hanged herself in her closet after being cyber-bullied

Re: Megan Meier (13) hanged herself in her closet after being cyber-bullied

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=10931.msg611366#msg611366 date=1195091965]
    I don't have the words to voice my contempt.

R.I.P. Megan    I hope these people suffer some sort of immense karmic tragedy.
    [/quote]

Or violent retribution from a sociopath.
    Either way works for me.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=10931.msg611367#msg611367 date=1195092096]
    Or violent retribution from a sociopath.
    Either way works for me.
    [/quote]

Where's Dexter when you need him??!

(removed entry)

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=10931.msg611374#msg611374 date=1195092352]
      Where's Dexter when you need him??!
    [/quote] No shit!

I can completely see a 13 year old girl doing this to another 13 yr old girl...But the PARENTS??? what the fuck? It makes sense as to why Megan and their daughter had a tumultuous friendship...if she liked drama even half as much as her parents.. what fucking sickos. ugh.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Before this gets too far. . .remember "Brian's died?"  Some of us, myself included, tried to engage the poster of that particular article.  And others pointed out what dangerous waters we were treading.  And they were right. 

Posting Google earth images of the suspected family's house, plus their address (business or otherwise) seems like a good way to get MDS in trouble if things should get out of hand.  As we all know, the people who end up here have friends and family that is directed here.  Is it good to look as though MDS is in the business of publishing such information?  I know on LiveJournal, posting private information (even if it's publicly available through phone books, etc.) is a big no-no.

I find this story disgusting as well.  I'm sickened that one family would be so focused on an adolescent on-again off-again friendship that they would go to such lengths.  I'm sickened that they would attempt to get other adults in on the action.  Sadly there are no laws in this arena (or very few, I'm not sure) and their guilt lies in morality and ethics.  Karma's a bitch and all things even out in the end.

Anyone who has grown up in a small community or town knows how quickly a communal shunning (or worse) can take affect.  Or even worse things can happen.  I guess I still feel guilty over the "Brian's died" thing and am trying to atone for that. . .

I remember hearing in the documentary on HBO about a teenage boy, 13 I think, who was also cyber bullied.  A girl he was friends with in the past or that he liked one day IMd him and led him to believe he had a shot with her.  Then one day she turned on him and of course everyone at school get poking fun at him and sending him all these nasty IM's.  One day he had enough and hung himself.  His parents managed to get a law passed within less than a year of it occurring that allowed authorities to press charges on people that do the cyber bullying.  I don't remember what state it happened in but it should be something that I feel should apply everywhere.

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=10931.msg611417#msg611417 date=1195093677]
    Before this gets too far. . .remember "Brian's died?"  Some of us, myself included, tried to engage the poster of that particular article.  And others pointed out what dangerous waters we were treading.  And they were right. 

Posting Google earth images of the suspected family's house, plus their address (business or otherwise) seems like a good way to get MDS in trouble if things should get out of hand.  As we all know, the people who end up here have friends and family that is directed here.  Is it good to look as though MDS is in the business of publishing such information?  I know on LiveJournal, posting private information (even if it's publicly available through phone books, etc.) is a big no-no.

I find this story disgusting as well.  I'm sickened that one family would be so focused on an adolescent on-again off-again friendship that they would go to such lengths.  I'm sickened that they would attempt to get other adults in on the action.  Sadly there are no laws in this arena (or very few, I'm not sure) and their guilt lies in morality and ethics.  Karma's a bitch and all things even out in the end.
    [/quote]

I removed the map and address from my posts.  Don't want to get the site in trouble. 

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=10931.msg611417#msg611417 date=1195093677]

Anyone who has grown up in a small community or town knows how quickly a communal shunning (or worse) can take affect.  Or even worse things can happen.  I guess I still feel guilty over the "Brian's died" thing and am trying to atone for that. . .
    [/quote] Was the Brians dead thing here? I'll search it. sounds interesting. EDIT: No info in search results...

She's right though...as cool as it was that you found that stuff animate, we prolly could get in trouble. You're an awesome investigator though! 
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=10931.msg611440#msg611440 date=1195094245]
    Was the Brians dead thing here? I'll search it. sounds interesting. EDIT: No info in search results...

She's right though...as cool as it was that you found that stuff animate, we prolly could get in trouble. You're an awesome investigator though! 
    [/quote]

Yeah, it was a while back, early summer I think.  I don't remember the specifics, but there was an entry for a guy  named Brian Xanders (now a Removed Topic) submitted by his "girlfriend."  Long story short, the best anyone could tell was that someone had made the Brian and most of the friends' pages up.  Trying to sleuth out the story some MDSer's (again, I WAS one of them) made profiles to see what would happen.  The whole thing seemed weird and hilarious.  Nothing really came of it. . .and other MDSer's were quick to point out that we might be engaging with an unstable personality and that if something should go tragic, well. . .

So, when I read this story and engaged my rage, I realized that maybe part of my outrage was that this was hitting a little too close to my own guilt-mometer. 

If I messed up any of the details, I apologize.  I'm not trying to rat anyone out. . .I'm just saying (as a stone thrower) glass houses, stones, all that. 

If SOAD posts in here I swear I am banning him.  :x

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=10931.msg611451#msg611451 date=1195094960]
    If SOAD posts in here I swear I am banning him.  :x
    [/quote] that's like taking away christmas from him.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=10931.msg611447#msg611447 date=1195094746]
    Yeah, it was a while back, early summer I think.  I don't remember the specifics, but there was an entry for a guy  named Brian Xanders (now a Removed Topic) submitted by his "girlfriend."  Long story short, the best anyone could tell was that someone had made the Brian and most of the friends' pages up.  Trying to sleuth out the story some MDSer's (again, I WAS one of them) made profiles to see what would happen.  The whole thing seemed weird and hilarious.  Nothing really came of it. . .and other MDSer's were quick to point out that we might be engaging with an unstable personality and that if something should go tragic, well. . .

So, when I read this story and engaged my rage, I realized that maybe part of my outrage was that this was hitting a little too close to my own guilt-mometer. 

If I messed up any of the details, I apologize.  I'm not trying to rat anyone out. . .I'm just saying (as a stone thrower) glass houses, stones, all that. 
    [/quote] Thanks! I found it... I didn't read all of it, cause it's long...but I vaguely remember it now.

Amy's taste > Tara's

A very good friend of mine on the parenting board i frequent lives literally a stones throw from these families. Megan was friendly with my friend and couldnt wait until she was "old enough" to babysit for her son. She said Megan was a SWEET, LOVING little girl and the whole town is up in arms about this. She said no one talks to the family responsible anymore, but they havent been able to chase them out of town yet.

If you want to know anything more, i can definitely ask her... she lives in the neighborhood and was JUST telling me about this earlier today.

RIP Megan!!

[quote author=~JerseyGirl~ link=topic=10931.msg611457#msg611457 date=1195095464]
    A very good friend of mine on the parenting board i frequent lives literally a stones throw from these families. Megan was friendly with my friend and couldnt wait until she was "old enough" to babysit for her son. She said Megan was a SWEET, LOVING little girl and the whole town is up in arms about this. She said no one talks to the family responsible anymore, but they havent been able to chase them out of town yet.

If you want to know anything more, i can definitely ask her... she lives in the neighborhood and was JUST telling me about this earlier today.

RIP Megan!!
    [/quote]

Oh those people will be leaving town alright.  They are gonna be looking over their shoulder for a long time. 

Damn you all I can not read this yet...

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=10931.msg611497#msg611497 date=1195096961]
    Damn you all I can not read this yet...
    [/quote] youll be able to soon 

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=10931.msg611456#msg611456 date=1195095407]
    Thanks! I found it... I didn't read all of it, cause it's long...but I vaguely remember it now.
    [/quote]

It's an odd one, I just read it a couple of days ago.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=10931.msg611500#msg611500 date=1195097107]
    youll be able to soon 
    [/quote]Thanks. But I want to read it now

would you all be this pissed if it was a child was responsible? im not gonna say they dont deserve it but kids pick on kids all the time and even other kids had access to it , they were childish and stupid they didnt hang her.

[quote author=groomsy link=topic=10931.msg611551#msg611551 date=1195099589]
    would you all be this pissed if it was a child was responsible? im not gonna say they dont deserve it but kids pick on kids all the time and even other kids had access to it , they were childish and stupid they didnt hang her.
    [/quote]

Yes. I hang out with my friend's 13-year-old all the time and she had a pretty sneaky little mean girl friend pulling some stunts on her. I wanted to shake the girl and tell her not to be a mean little twat.

No, they didn't hang her, just damaged her psyche enough to lead her to think it was a good option.

[/quote]

Stupid knows no age.  The teen "friend" knew what these assholes were doing and she did nothing about it.  I think the pig-fuckers that did this need to pay, if not criminally then civilly.  Should adults know better, hell yes!  All I have to say is that Karma is a bitch and I hope they get exactly what is coming to them.  This case reminds me of the Cheerleader Murder in Texas. Megan may have died at her own hand but these people provided the rope and the pain.

ASSHOLES!  Do us all a favor and go die in a fiery crash!  Makes me fucking sick!

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=10931.msg611310#msg611310 date=1195088994]
    :?  You're kidding, right?  Where do you think that kids get it from?  Fat hatred is so bad that social science researchers compare the quality of life for fat children to the quality of life with children who have cancer.  Media is implicated in this, as well.

My heart hurts, too.  So much so that I all but foreshadowed this type of death in the fat thread a couple of weeks ago.  It is a deplorable, yet acceptable, social phenomenon, and it should be taken as seriously as any other form of prejudice and discrimination. 
    [/quote]No, I am not kidding.  Would you make up a myspace to fuck with a teenage girl?  What adult would do that?  I don't get it.  I teach my son every day that bullying is bad.

[/quote]

yes, kids pick on kids.  this was a case of "adult on kid" crime.  

i mean, kids also beat each other up.. if an  adult beats up a kid different story.
    &quot;you know what my kids always say...&quot;<br /><br />&quot;you&#39;re not my real father??&quot;

[/quote]
    Sure, I'd be pissed but another KID is a lot different than an ADULT.&nbsp; When I was a kid, on-again/off-again relationships were very typical between girls and for as many tears &amp; broken hearts we caused each other, despite the UGLY insults and hurt feelings and &quot;teaming up &amp; taking sides&quot; that went on, NONE of our parents ever got involved!
    They were adult enough to know it would blow over and we'd work it out.
    Imagine people stupid and immature enough that they felt the need to antagonize teenage horse crap???&nbsp; Especially to this sick extent?&nbsp; No way.&nbsp; I can't even decide what I'd wish their fate to be.

I think without much of a doubt that this is the saddest death on here :(&nbsp; That poor child..her family.&nbsp; This is the first one in a really long time that actually made me tear up.

I'm with Bella, I fucking hate people, especially bully kids parents.&nbsp; I hope those sick assholes can't sleep at night for that.&nbsp; I personally think that on their conscience along with worrying what the hell someone may do to them or their own kids is somewhat acceptable punishment until karma bites them in the ass, hard.

R.I.P. Megan

Thread Information