Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: David Spears (24), Chris Collings (32) murdered/raped David's 9y/o step-daughter

Olivia

David Spears (24), Chris Collings (32) murdered/raped David's 9y/o step-daughter

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/11/14/David_Spears_(24)_and_Chris_Collings_(32)_were_cha rged_with_first_degree_murder,_forcible_rape_and_s tatutory_rape_after_David_s_9_year_old_step_daught er_was_found_dead

WTF is wrong with people seriously?  This makes me so sick.

I found another article with this info -

Copeland said that during the search for Rowan, David Spears rode around with another man and pointed out good places to put a body. One of those places was the sinkhole in McDonald County where the girl's body ultimately was found.

Re: David Spears (24), Chris Collings (32) murdered/raped David's 9y/o step-daughter

That's so disgusting. What has to be wrong with you to be able to do that to a nine year old?

Re: David Spears (24), Chris Collings (32) murdered/raped David's 9y/o step-daughter

His myspace mood is set to "horny". And some of the comments he has are just gross.

RIP Rowan

[quote author=moosella link=topic=10891.msg608585#msg608585 date=1194969041]
    His myspace mood is set to "horny". And some of the comments he has are just gross.

RIP Rowan

[/quote]Hi Myspace gives me the creeps, big time.  I love the last comment left on there though.

from julie:

Nov 11, 2007 10:53 AM
    if what i heard about you on the news is true your a sick bastrd and i hope you burn and rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=10891.msg608594#msg608594 date=1194969253]
    Hi Myspace gives me the creeps, big time.  I love the last comment left on there though.

from julie:

Nov 11, 2007 10:53 AM
    if what i heard about you on the news is true your a sick bastrd and i hope you burn and rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]
    It's about time! Why is it that we often see messages of support left to these people?
    I can understand wanting your friend to have a fair trial,
    but it seems like some people just want there friend freed, regardless of the circumstances of the case.

But the fact that the victim is a 9-year old leaves me at a loss for words here.

RIP young Ms. Ford
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=10891.msg608671#msg608671 date=1194971426]
    It's about time! Why is it that we often see messages of support left to these people?
    I can understand wanting your friend to have a fair trial,
    but it seems like some people just want there friend freed, regardless of the circumstances of the case.

But the fact that the victim is a 9-year old leaves me at a loss for words here.

RIP young Ms. Ford
    [/quote]

I have noticed that most of the comments of support for alleged murders are from young people's profiles.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=10891.msg608728#msg608728 date=1194974527]
    I have noticed that most of the comments of support for alleged murders are from young people's profiles.
    [/quote]
    Yea, that's true. I hate kids.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=10891.msg608746#msg608746 date=1194974947]
    Yea, that's true. I hate kids.
    [/quote] Ease up there, kdev  :oops:

And the girl's stepfather was involved? ugh.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=10891.msg608758#msg608758 date=1194975329]
    Ease up there, kdev  :oops:

And the girl's stepfather was involved? ugh.
    [/quote]
    I'm gonna assume he was the main perpetrator, and he enlisted the help of his 'drinking buddy' for this little 'project'
    People are fuckin sick.

Did they plan on getting away with this? Not a well thought out plan I'm guessing.
    But by the looks of these yokels, I don't exactly see a Mensa membership.

Olivia

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=10891.msg608769#msg608769 date=1194975596]
    I'm gonna assume he was the main perpetrator, and he enlisted the help of his 'drinking buddy' for this little 'project'
    People are fuckin sick.

Did they plan on getting away with this? Not a well thought out plan I'm guessing.
    But by the looks of these yokels, I don't exactly see a Mensa membership.
    [/quote]

I am assuming this is the stepfather - 

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=10891.msg608787#msg608787 date=1194976232]
    I am assuming this is the stepfather -   

[/quote]It looks like him from his myspace picture

Olivia

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=10891.msg608793#msg608793 date=1194976412]
    It looks like him from his myspace picture
    [/quote]

The stepfather has a myspace?  Send it to me and Ill him to the article.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=10891.msg608795#msg608795 date=1194976486]
    The stepfather has a myspace?  Send it to me and Ill him to the article.
    [/quote]The fat shit's myspace is private though

For a 9 yr old, she already looked pretty cynical  :|

"Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

Olivia

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=10891.msg608800#msg608800 date=1194976613]
    The fat shit's myspace is private though
    [/quote]

Doesn't matter - I can still add it.  Pm me?

Olivia

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=10891.msg608804#msg608804 date=1194976771]

[/quote]

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=10891.msg608806#msg608806 date=1194976799]
    Doesn't matter - I can still add it.  Pm me?
    [/quote]I just did. :)

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=10891.msg608804#msg608804 date=1194976771]

[/quote]Who know what was happening to this kid before this.
    I am sure she didn't have a great life living with that scum.

Apparently there are rumors that she had been having consensual sex with him for awhile  and that's why the statutory charge was put on him too.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=10891.msg608816#msg608816 date=1194977008]
    Apparently there are rumors that she had been having consensual sex with him for awhile  and that's why the statutory charge was put on him too.
    [/quote]WHAT??? consensual? She was 9

Re: David Spears (24), Chris Collings (32) murdered/raped David's 9y/o step-daug

http://tinyurl.com/2gsxbx

Christopher Leroy Collings and David Wesley Spears both face charges of
    Murder in the First Degree, Forcible Rape, and Statutory Rape in the First
    Degree.

THE FOLLOWING IS A FAIRLY GRAPHIC EXERPT AND SHOULD BE READ WITH CAUTION.
    THIS IS FROM THE PROBABLE CAUSE AFFIDAVIT RELEASED SATURDAY:

On November 9, 2007, at approximately 1730 hours, I, Chief Deputy Chris
    Jennings, conducted an interview of David Wesley Spears at the Newton County
    Sheriff's Department regarding the disappearance and murder of Rowan Ford.
    David Spears stated that on the night of November 2, 2007, into the morning
    of November 3, 2007, he participated in the sexual assault of his 9-year-old
    stepdaughter, Rowan Ford [at 777 Grove St. Stella, MO, Newton County]. The
    location is the home of Chris Collings, a friend of David Spears. David
    Spears provided that he arrived at the above-listed location and observed
    Collings sexually assaulting the child in the home. Spears decribed how he
    pulled his pants down, got on top of Rowan Ford, and sexually penetrated the
    child. David Spears continued to state that after he sexually assaulted
    Rowan Ford, he took a cord and wrapped it around the child's neck. David
    Spears provided that he stood directly over the child, facing her, and
    wrapped the curtain cord around her neck, choking her.

David Spears indicated that he, along with Chris Collings, put Rowan Ford
    into David Spears' Chevy Suburban and proceeded to a cave located near Fox
    Cemetery in McDonald County. David Spears watched Collings take the body of
    Rowan Ford into the cave, and return out without the child.

On November 9, 2007, a female child's body was recovered from a cave located
    near Fox Cemetery in McDonald County. The child's body showed trauma
    indicating sexual abuse and appeared to be strangulated.

--from the probable cause affidavit, signed on Friday, November 9

EDIT:
    Meanwhile, we tried to speak with Chris' adoptive father and sister.
    Both refused to comment, but, Chris' father did say Chris deserves any punishment he receives.

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/11175121.html

Amy's taste > Tara's

What fucking scum.
    I wonder about the mom of this child. Anyone hear anything from her?

Olivia

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=10891.msg608826#msg608826 date=1194977478]
    What fucking scum.
    I wonder about the mom of this child. Anyone hear anything from her?
    [/quote]

This was an article from before Rowan was found -

"Stepdad David Spears was the last to see Rowan, but authorities say his story about his whereabouts the night of Rowan's disappearance have not been consistent.

This includes where he was for more than 5 hours with his mom's Suburban early Saturday morning, but David Spears' mom says her son was not involved in Rowan's disappearance.

"If I knew he had done this, I would have turned him in, but he didn't. His only mistake was he left her alone for a little while," Mona Spears said. "He'd cut out his heart before he let anything happen to Rowan."

Rowan's mom says her husband's story just doesn't add up.

"I don't want him here, he initially lied, I don't trust, the trust was broken," Colleen Spears said. "I don't think he did anything, but I don't know… I don't know how long he was gone, if someone came in here, that raises the question, did he do something."

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/11100201.html

Re: David Spears (24), Chris Collings (32) murdered/raped David's 9y/o step-daug

Here's a video of the mom: http://www.ky3.com/home/video/11159601.html

She was discovered in a cave in McDonald County. A McDonald County deputy going to work this morning knew of a particular cave that had not been checked yet and went by there,” Copeland said.

Authorities are not saying what the apparent cause of death may be.

An FBI evidence response team is at the scene where the body was found, working the investigation. A no-fly zone has been set up over the area.

Copeland said he notified the girl’s mother’s today that a body has been found and they were virtually certain it was Ford.

“I know she had hoped all along her daughter would be found alive. This had to end that hope,” he said.

The FBI plans to turn all evidence over to local authorities.

“We do not anticipate federal prosecution in this case,” said Monte Strait, special agent in charge of the Kansas City division of the FBI.

No arrests have been made as yet, Copeland said, but he confirmed it the death is now a homicide investigation.

“But I don’t want the public to think there is a murderer out there we don’t know about,” Copeland said.

1:40pm

FBI personnel, Missouri Highway Patrol troopers and McDonald County officers are now wrapping up their work at the site near Powell were the body of Rowan Ford, 9, was found earlier today. Authorities removed the body about 30 minute ago.

Ford’s body was found in a sinkhole along a lonely gravel road that winds through wooded valleys east of Powell.

“If you didn’t know where the sinkhole is, you wouldn’t be able to see it even from the road,” said McDonald County Sheriff Don Schlessman.

3:35pm
    The Newton County sheriff says investigators are hoping to get an autopsy done yet today on the body of 9-year-old Rowan Ford, which was discovered this morning in a cave in McDonald County.

Sheriff Ken Copeland confirmed that the girl who disappeared from her home in Stella late Friday night or early Saturday morning was slain, although he has declined to say how, pending preliminary findings of an autopsy. He said the autopsy will be performed in Springfield.

The girl’s body had been removed by late morning from the place where it was found in a cave, or sinkhole, on Fox Road near Powell. McDonald County Sheriff Don Schlessman said two of his deputies found the body about 20 feet down in the hole on a ledge.

An FBI evidence response team has been processing the scene throughout the day.

“Everyone known to be in the house that day has been interviewed and given polygraph examinations,” Copeland told the Globe. “I can’t tell you the outcomes.”

He said those who took the exams were the girl’s mother, Colleen Spears; her stepfather, David Spears; his mother, whose vehicle he borrowed during the night; and the two male friends of the stepfather who were with him at the house Friday night. Copeland has described the stepfather as less than cooperative since early in the investigation but has declined to label him a suspect.

“She has never been, nor is she now, under any suspicion whatsoever,” Copeland said.

4:35pm
    The FBI is doing a crime scene report on both the mother’s suburban and the stwp-father’s pick up truck.

4:45pm
    The mother of Rowan Ford said she is shocked by the discovery of the girl’s body today in a sinkhole in McDonald County.

“Grief is hitting. Anger is hitting. Everything is hitting at one time,” said Colleen Spears, Rowan’s mother.

Ford, 9, had been missing for nearly a week before investigators discovered her body early this morning near Powell.

“It’s unforgivable,” Colleen said, when asked about her husband, David Spears, Ford’s stepfather. “What he did cost her the rest of her life.”

Colleen Spears left home for work around 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 2. David Spears and two of his male friends reportedly were with Ford at the home until they left together around 10:45 p.m., leaving the sleeping girl unattended. David Spears returned to the house around midnight, but left again around 1 a.m. Saturday and was gone much of the rest of the night.

Newton County authorities said David Spears made a telephone call to his mother around 1 a.m., and she brought over a vehicle and stayed at the house while he was gone, but she said she never checked on the girl.

Colleen Spears found the girl missing when she returned home from work around 9 a.m. Saturday.

http://bohemiandoll.wordpress.com/2007/11/09/a-depressing-first-post-but-important-nonetheless/

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=10891.msg608829#msg608829 date=1194977611]
    This was an article from before Rowan was found -

"Stepdad David Spears was the last to see Rowan, but authorities say his story about his whereabouts the night of Rowan's disappearance have not been consistent.

This includes where he was for more than 5 hours with his mom's Suburban early Saturday morning, but David Spears' mom says her son was not involved in Rowan's disappearance.

"If I knew he had done this, I would have turned him in, but he didn't. His only mistake was he left her alone for a little while," Mona Spears said. "He'd cut out his heart before he let anything happen to Rowan."

Rowan's mom says her husband's story just doesn't add up.

"I don't want him here, he initially lied, I don't trust, the trust was broken," Colleen Spears said. "I don't think he did anything, but I don't know… I don't know how long he was gone, if someone came in here, that raises the question, did he do something."

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/11100201.html
    [/quote]

So David was the step-dad? How did the mom not notice something was going on? I'm glad she's not standing behind him now, either. But seriously, there had to be signs that he was having sex with her. And no 9 year old can participate in consensual sex.  

Thread Information