Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kanye West's mother dies after 'cosmetic procedure'

Re: Kanye West's mother dies after 'cosmetic procedure'

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=10875.msg620053#msg620053 date=1195618559]
    Exactly. And- I don't even feel I'm inadequate- I just want new boobs, because I want them. I don't feel that it will make me a better person. I just feel that I have mommy boobs.

Exhibit A has nothing to do with Exhibit B, if you will.
    [/quote]

Mommy boobs are a badge of honor. 

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=10875.msg620137#msg620137 date=1195620705]
    Mommy boobs are a badge of honor.   
    [/quote]
    Au naturelle, baby. That's how I like them. Swing low, sweet chariots.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=10875.msg620141#msg620141 date=1195620835]
    Au naturelle, baby. That's how I like them. Swing low, sweet chariots.
    [/quote]

Either way, plastic surgery /=/ inadequacy. Fuck you, TaraJoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=10875.msg620145#msg620145 date=1195621092]

Either way, plastic surgery /=/ inadequacy. Fuck you, TaraJoy.
    [/quote]

HAHAHA Don't blame me, blame Creed from The Office.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=10875.msg620147#msg620147 date=1195621145]

HAHAHA Don't blame me, blame Creed from The Office.
    [/quote]I know. I just don't like the "if you're happy with yourself..." argument. Lame. Creed > TaraJoy. But then again, Creed > most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Olivia

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=10875.msg620048#msg620048 date=1195618424]
    Donda West's plastic surgeon walks off the set of the Larry King show:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071121/ap_en_ce/donda_west_surgeon;_ylt=Ah8ujgLxUyGsMb5poKYDO4ys0N UE
    [/quote]

Did anyone else see it?  The whole thing was so strange.  Larry was lost!

He said he wasnt going to speak about it because the West's had asked him not to.  I think that there must have been some underlying medical factor that Donda suffered from and yet she still went ahead with the surgery because you would have thought that if it was solely mal-practice, a lawsuit would already be in the works agains the Doc?

i watched it.

i thought he had a stupid grin on his face the whole time and it seemed rehearsed.

i think he was nervous also. his hands were shaking after he said his little speech and struggled with the microphone on him.

RIP Ms.West  :-(

R.I.P Donda West

Surprised that Kanye has continued to perform some of his concerts after the death of his mother, He should take some time out

There's a vid on Youtube where he's about to perform Dear Mama and ends up unable to finish it and breaks down. Sad stuff

[quote author=Dips link=topic=10875.msg621020#msg621020 date=1195677946]

There's a vid on Youtube where he's about to perform Dear Mama and ends up unable to finish it and breaks down. Sad stuff

[/quote]

Yeah I saw that.      In this thread.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=10875.msg620576#msg620576 date=1195659849]
    Did anyone else see it?  The whole thing was so strange.  Larry was lost!

He said he wasnt going to speak about it because the West's had asked him not to.  I think that there must have been some underlying medical factor that Donda suffered from and yet she still went ahead with the surgery because you would have thought that if it was solely mal-practice, a lawsuit would already be in the works agains the Doc?
    [/quote]

I saw that....weird.Later,I believe it was on Anderson Cooper,it was mentioned that the good Dr received a certified letter stating that he could not talk about Ms West.

[quote author=Dips link=topic=10875.msg621020#msg621020 date=1195677946]
    R.I.P Donda West

Surprised that Kanye has continued to perform some of his concerts after the death of his mother, He should take some time out

[/quote]

When people lose someone, a lot of the time the best thing they can do is keep themselves as busy as possible.

I suppose I should have made my post more clear...

Referring to this article, found here:

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2...utionary-.html

or for those of us to lazy to click the link, here is the article in its entirety:

American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery President Discusses Kanye West's Mom's Death
    By Brandon Keim November 14, 2007 | 3:55:57 PMCategories: Medical Ethics, Medicine & Medical Procedures 
    The tragic death of Donda West, rapper Kanye West's mother, should be a warning to people considering a tummy tuck, said Steven Hopping, president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.

The procedure, he said, is invasive, risky and often taken too lightly.

West died Saturday from complications related to tummy tuck and breast reduction surgeries she'd received a day earlier. The high-profile doctor who performed the surgeries was not a board-certified plastic surgeon and has twice lost malpractice suits, with several other suits outstanding. Another surgeon had declined to perform the surgeries because West had a heart condition.

I spoke this afternoon Hopping, who said tummy tucks are one of the riskiest cosmetic procedures:

There is no such thing as a minor procedure in cosmetic surgery, and this is a good example. It's not like going to the spa or salon.

Tummy tucks are a big operation, and in my mind, one of the most dangerous cosmetic procedures -- and the patients who have them tend to be a high-risk group. They're older, often they've had children, often they're heavier. [...]

There's risks of strokes, bleeding, post-operative problems. Episodes like this make us look at that. [...] And sometimes it's hard to tell patients about these things, but it's got to be safety first. This is cosmetic surgery.

Surgeons performing the tucks, he said, need to minimize the time a patient spends unconscious consider the possibility of blood clotting. People considering tummy tucks need to be very careful.

Don't combine it with facelifts and other things, as attractive as that is. We see it all the time in patients -- they only want to have one recovery doctor, one anesthetic doctor -- and we fall into that, too. [...]

It really behooves [plastic surgeons] to tell patients that they're really increasing their risks. We need to have the patient involved with a haematologist who's going to help with the anti-coagulation afterwards. [...] In some parts of Europe, it's a standard of care that patients all be on anticoagulation therapy. That's not true here in the United States.

There's a difference in the philosophy of this operation in Europe and here. Maybe we need to look at their numbers and ours and see which standard of care is best

My point with my previous post was that, Donda, knowing that she was an at risk patient went ahead and and found another doctor to preform the procedures, and someone as intelligent as she was should have realized that the risk of death for vanity is not worth taking......no matter how low your sweet chariots swing.

and yes, mommy boobs are a badge of honor.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=10875.msg621025#msg621025 date=1195678063]

Yeah I saw that.      In this thread.
    [/quote]

Ahhhhh.....
    Further illustrating the value of reading the THREAD, and not just the title before posting...

Damn hey. Should have just left the flubber guts alone for fucks sake. Age gracefully.
    Boringgggggggggggggggg.

[quote author=TaraJoy link=topic=10875.msg619729#msg619729 date=1195608099]
    It's strange that someone as intelligent as she was would make such a vain decision to undergo elective cosmetic surgery.  What is this world coming too?

[/quote]

I don't see how plastic surgery is any more "vain" than getting a spray tan, spending loads of money on makeup and expensive anti-aging creams, or correcting teeth with braces for aesthetic reasons. Especially not procedures such as breast reductions, which was half of Donda's surgery - having chronic back pain because of huge boobs isn't likely to be much fun.

I don't think I would personally ever have plastic surgery. I don't like pain (much less surgery!), I like how I look, and I think growing old naturally is more attractive than facelifts or lipo. That said, I won't judge people who do have plastic surgery for something they've felt self-conscious about. I can understand their reasoning - I have a gap in my front teeth which I'd love to have closed some day. The gap in my front teeth has annoyed me ever since I was in Grade 6 and even though it's not an orthodontic necessity, I'd eventually like it corrected for cosmetic reasons.

Thread Information