Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Letkemann (18) and Jean-Pierre Orlewicz (17) killers

Alex Letkemann (18) and Jean-Pierre Orlewicz (17) killers

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/11/15/Alex_Letkemann_(18)_and_Jean_Pierre_Orlewicz_(17)_ are_accused_of_killing_and_26_year_old_sex_offende r_and_sawing_his_head_off

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14541274/detail.html

NORTHVILLE TOWNSHIP -- Construction crews found a torched and headless body Thursday morning on Hidden Ridge Drive in Northville Township.

Police were able to identify the body as 26-year-old Daniel Gene-Vincent Sorensen of River Rouge by using a partial fingerprint technique, despite the severe burns on Sorensen’s hands. Police said the severely burned hands seemed to be an effort to hide his identity.

Police confirmed that Sorensen was a registered sex offender. He was placed on the list eight years ago for inappropriate touching of a minor.

Police said they believe the person driving a red Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck, with license plate No. BBV9503 may have information on the killing.

A neighbor called to report a fire on Wednesday night, sometime between 7:30 and 10:30 p.m., according to police.

Police said they believe the man was killed elsewhere and then dropped off in the newly developed subdivision.

“Early indication right now it that the body was dropped there and set on fire, and that the actual homicide took place somewhere else,” said Northville Public Safety Director John Werth.

A Northville Township water and sewage crew found the body while checking on a hydrant.

Police said there were no clothes on the torso.

Search and rescue dogs were called to the scene to search for the victim’s head.

Friends of the victim said Sorensen was on his way to pick up several thousand dollars he was owed Wednesday night and was supposed to meet up with them later. "He was like my adopted family, like a little brother to me," said Ryan Baller, a close friend.

Other friends universally describe Sorensen as "troubled".

He was a registered sex offender, they say because of a relationship he had when he was 18 and the girl was underage. He had trouble keeping a job and money was always tight.

"This is the most brutal thing I have ever heard of and he didn't deserve it", said David Priede, a long time friend.

Police said they do not have any suspects at this time.

If you have any information, call the Northville Township police.

...This came as a surprise to my boyfriend and I this morning because we have a close friend who lives right in that area. It's a higher-class neighborhood, where things like this obviously don't happen often, if ever. (Especially with the malicious behavior involved.) I'm guessing whoever owed him money didn't want to pay it.

[quote author=alliekat link=topic=11600.msg671097#msg671097 date=1198699674]<br /> I puke a lot when I&#039;m drunk, and I&#039;ve been drunk a lot.&nbsp; And had sex.&nbsp; You get my point.&nbsp; <br /><br />[/quote]

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

Re: Alex Letkemann (18) and Jean-Pierre Orlewicz (17) killers

The Dark Defender!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

If he were 18, I wonder how old the &quot;minor&quot; was...if she were like 16, thats pretty shitty
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

I'm curious too. I know a guy who was a registered sex offender because his girlfriend's parents didn't like him. He was 19, she was 17. They've been married for over five years now. He still has to register.

I'm thinking it probably had more to do with 1000's of dollars....&nbsp; Drugs maybe?

the first thing that came to mind when i read this: Freddy Krueger.

someone watch out, i think the teens in this neighborhood are gonna start having nightmares.

[quote author=Fleta link=topic=10844.msg603614#msg603614 date=1194651230]
    I'm curious too. I know a guy who was a registered sex offender because his girlfriend's parents didn't like him. He was 19, she was 17. They've been married for over five years now. He still has to register.
    [/quote]

That totally sucks and it's shit like that that waters the SO registry down and makes it useless.

It sounds like this was more about the money, though, than the SO status.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I agree, this probably had more to do with the $$$ and nothing at all to do with the SO registry.

However, according to the article &quot;He had trouble keeping a job and money was always tight.&quot;&nbsp; Probably because of the SO registry/Neighborhood Notification Laws.&nbsp; It sucks if he was on the registry because of a consensual relationship with an underaged girl of the 15-16 yr. old type.&nbsp;

So how much sympathy do you think this murder will get in that community?&nbsp; And how hard do you think the police will work to solve the case?&nbsp; &nbsp;

RIP Daniel...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=10844.msg606188#msg606188 date=1194812519]

So how much sympathy do you think this murder will get in that community?&nbsp; And how hard do you think the police will work to solve the case?&nbsp; &nbsp;

RIP Daniel...
    [/quote]

the real question is how many young innocent teens are going to fall asleep, have nightmares and wake up DEAD!!!
    where's johnny depp!!?!??!?

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=10844.msg606188#msg606188 date=1194812519]
    I agree, this probably had more to do with the $$$ and nothing at all to do with the SO registry.

However, according to the article &quot;He had trouble keeping a job and money was always tight.&quot;&nbsp; Probably because of the SO registry/Neighborhood Notification Laws.&nbsp; It sucks if he was on the registry because of a consensual relationship with an underaged girl of the 15-16 yr. old type.&nbsp;

So how much sympathy do you think this murder will get in that community?&nbsp; And how hard do you think the police will work to solve the case? &nbsp;

RIP Daniel...
    [/quote]

Northville is going to wash their hands of that shit as quickly as possible, and I doubt very highly that there will be any sympathy at all in this case.

People are going to look at the fact that he was broke all of the time, yet had thousands floating around out there.

I am surprised he was left there, as opposed to somewhere like the tunnels.

UPDATE:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14562826/detail.html

Investigators found a head at Hines park in Dearborn Heights, which they believe belongs to a homicide victim, whose decapitated body was found earlier this week.

Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office is expected to confirm the identity.

Two people are in police custody.

Daniel Sorenson’s body was discovered earlier this week about 30 miles from the park in Northville Township. His truck was found in Westland Friday.

Investigators executed five search warrants and interviewed people of interest, since they discovered the body.

They are expected to present the findings to the prosecutor’s office on Monday for an arrest warrant.

A news conference is planned for 10:30 a.m. Monday.

According to a news report from another local news cast: The suspects in custody are rumored to be teenagers. I haven't found an article on the website confirming this, but here's a link to the video.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4902732&amp;version=1&amp;locale= EN-US&amp;layoutCode=VSTY&amp;pageId=1.1.1

The area where they found the head is relatively close to my house, and I commute through there regularly. Not to mention I frequent the Meijer where they found his truck. *shiver*
    I'm curious as to who originally found the head.
    [quote author=alliekat link=topic=11600.msg671097#msg671097 date=1198699674]<br /> I puke a lot when I&#039;m drunk, and I&#039;ve been drunk a lot.&nbsp; And had sex.&nbsp; You get my point.&nbsp; <br /><br />[/quote]

Wow! I used to love to hang out at Hines Drive.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=10844.msg607037#msg607037 date=1194877568]
    Wow! I used to love to hang out at Hines Drive.
    [/quote]

I think everyone goes through a phase where it's &quot;the spot.&quot;&nbsp; Not to mention it's a much more scenic driving experience.

[quote author=Lonzi07 link=topic=10844.msg607040#msg607040 date=1194877735]
    I think everyone goes through a phase where it's &quot;the spot.&quot;&nbsp; Not to mention it's a much more scenic driving experience.
    [/quote]
    It was back in the 80s for me.&nbsp; :lol: Back when Eliza Howell was a very popular place, over at 5 Mile &amp; Telegraph.
    Eliza Howell was pretty dangerous back then, too. Did you ever see the documentary Blood in the Face?
    That was filmed in Eliza Howell-and my back yard backed up to that park.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=10844.msg607061#msg607061 date=1194879866]
    It was back in the 80s for me.&nbsp; :lol: Back when Eliza Howell was a very popular place, over at 5 Mile &amp; Telegraph.
    Eliza Howell was pretty dangerous back then, too. Did you ever see the documentary Blood in the Face?
    That was filmed in Eliza Howell-and my back yard backed up to that park.

[/quote]

No, but I'm going to now!&nbsp; *scampers off*

Edit: Couldn't find anything on youtube. I have a friend who lives on Fenkell right over there, I'll ask her if she knows anything about it.

[quote author=Lonzi07 link=topic=10844.msg607074#msg607074 date=1194880441]
    No, but I'm going to now!&nbsp; *scampers off*
    [/quote]
    I knew those guys. It went down as a big drug bust. I was floored to see the guy on the news being arrested, and I had just been at his house a few days before. The first 'desert eagle' was found in this country during that bust. The footage from Blood in the Face was made from tapes confiscated during that bust. I was floored.&nbsp; :-o

UPDATE:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4907360&amp;version=3&amp;locale= EN-US&amp;layoutCode=TSTY&amp;pageId=1.1.1

NORTHVILLE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) -- A Canton High School student and another teenager have been charged in the slaying, burning and mutilation of a 26-year-old man.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy says 17-year-old Jean-Pierre Orlewicz and 18-year-old Alexander James Letkemann will be arraigned later in the day on one count each of first-degree premeditated murder, felony murder and mutilation of a corpse.

Worthy says Daniel Sorenson of River Rouge repeatedly was stabbed last Wednesday and his head sawed off.

Sorenson's burned torso was found Thursday in a cul-de-sac in Northville Township. The head was found Saturday in the Rouge River on the border between Dearborn Heights and Detroit.

Worthy says the slaying had nothing to do with Sorenson being a registered sex offender.

Video detail:
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=4907374&amp;version=1& amp;locale=EN-US

According to the video detail, the murder had nothing to do with the retrieval of the 3 thousand dollars. Though the kids owed him some money, they killed him &quot;just for the thrill of it,&quot; apparently.

I couldn't locate myspaces for either.
    My b/f and his younger siblings attended Canton High School, one of them just last year. It is associated with Plymouth and Salem high schools where all three share the same campus. It's one of the largest schools in the U.S. Drugs are an increasing epidemic at the school.

[quote author=Lonzi07 link=topic=10844.msg607204#msg607204 date=1194885712]
    UPDATE:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4907360&amp;version=3&amp;locale= EN-US&amp;layoutCode=TSTY&amp;pageId=1.1.1

NORTHVILLE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) -- A Canton High School student and another teenager have been charged in the slaying, burning and mutilation of a 26-year-old man.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy says 17-year-old Jean-Pierre Orlewicz and 18-year-old Alexander James Letkemann will be arraigned later in the day on one count each of first-degree premeditated murder, felony murder and mutilation of a corpse.

Worthy says Daniel Sorenson of River Rouge repeatedly was stabbed last Wednesday and his head sawed off.

Sorenson's burned torso was found Thursday in a cul-de-sac in Northville Township. The head was found Saturday in the Rouge River on the border between Dearborn Heights and Detroit.

Worthy says the slaying had nothing to do with Sorenson being a registered sex offender.

My b/f and his younger siblings attended Canton High School, one of them just last year. It is associated with Plymouth and Salem high schools where all three share the same campus. It's one of the largest schools in the U.S. Drugs are an increasing epidemic at the school.
    [/quote]

I am sure that the present situation of MI's economy doesn't help.

[quote author=Lonzi07 link=topic=10844.msg607204#msg607204 date=1194885712]
    UPDATE:

[/quote]

Of course, drugs are an increasing epidemic in most high schools. Canton is known to be a good city.&nbsp; It was the nation's 20th safest municipality during 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.&nbsp; The reason I point this out is because I can seriously see the shit hitting the fan when the residents learn of this horrendous crime committed by one of their own, meaning the local media will be allll over it.

Update:

Prosecutor: Murder Was 'Thrill Kill'

&quot;She said in a news conference Monday that neither money nor drugs appeared to be the motive when they lured Sorenson to one of the suspect's grandfather's home on November 7 &quot;for the purpose of killing him.&quot;

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=10844.msg607227#msg607227 date=1194886348]
    Of course, drugs are an increasing epidemic in most high schools. Canton is known to be a good city.&nbsp; It was the nation's 20th safest municipality during 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.&nbsp; The reason I point this out is because I can seriously see the shit hitting the fan when the residents learn of this horrendous crime committed by one of their own, meaning the local media will be allll over it.

Update:

Prosecutor: Murder Was 'Thrill Kill'

&quot;She said in a news conference Monday that neither money nor drugs appeared to be the motive when they lured Sorenson to one of the suspect's grandfather's home on November 7 &quot;for the purpose of killing him.&quot;

[/quote]

Exactly, and I'm almost glad for it. The Canton community can now be considered one of the Metro-Detroit areas &quot;better&quot; cities. Especially since Yazaki and IKEA have been built there. The economy of that city is booming compared to other local cities. I used to work in the BWW's in Canton and I all of my b/f's family lives there. The area is strongly populated with spoiled kids who lack desperately needed parenting because their parents are living corporate lifestyles. They're given a heafty allowance and allowed to go off and do what they please. Not all of Canton is this way, because there are some lower income living facilities there. But from working in an establishment heavily populated and employed with these kids, (not to mention having two in my family,) I'm not surprised by this story at all. At. All.

[quote author=Lonzi07 link=topic=10844.msg607284#msg607284 date=1194887892]
    Exactly, and I'm almost glad for it. The Canton community can now be considered one of the Metro-Detroit areas &quot;better&quot; cities. Especially since Yazaki and IKEA have been built there. The economy of that city is booming compared to other local cities. I used to work in the BWW's in Canton and I all of my b/f's family lives there. The area is strongly populated with spoiled kids who lack desperately needed parenting because their parents are living corporate lifestyles. They're given a heafty allowance and allowed to go off and do what they please. Not all of Canton is this way, because there are some lower income living facilities there. But from working in an establishment heavily populated and employed with these kids, (not to mention having two in my family,) I'm not surprised by this story at all. At. All.
    [/quote]

BUT, keep in mind,&nbsp; these two suspects are from Westland and Plymouth.&nbsp; I just watched their arraignment on line, and they look like two little boys.&nbsp; I can't even fathom what they were thinking.&nbsp; I could be wrong but in the video I believe the judge said that the actual killing took place in Canton, reading this, I can't imagine where this could have all gone down unnoticed:

&quot;Sorensen had owed Orlewicz &quot;small amounts&quot; that weren't a factor in the premeditated killing, Worthy said. The men were acquaintances, but she declined to further detail their relationship. She added that Soresen's name and address being listed on the sex offender registries of both Michigan and Illinois for an incident in Illinois in 1998, had nothing to with the homicide.

&quot;They lured him into a garage where a space had been prepared to kill him,&quot; Worth said.

Worthy said the pair stabbed Sorensen in the back multiple times, then sawed off his head. The garage had been prepared with a tarp on the floor and cleaning supplies standing by to clean up the blood.

It is alleged the pair tried to conceal the identity of the victim by using a blow torch to burn his hands and feet. Gasoline was used to set the body on fire after it was dumped in the empty lot in Northville Township.&quot;

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071112/UPDATE/711120428/1361

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=10844.msg607333#msg607333 date=1194889301]
    BUT, keep in mind,&nbsp; these two suspects are from Westland and Plymouth.&nbsp; I just watched their arraignment on line, and they look like two little boys.&nbsp; I can't even fathom what they were thinking.&nbsp; I could be wrong but in the video I believe the judge said that the actual killing took place in Canton, reading this, I can't imagine where this could have all gone down unnoticed:

&quot;Sorensen had owed Orlewicz &quot;small amounts&quot; that weren't a factor in the premeditated killing, Worthy said. The men were acquaintances, but she declined to further detail their relationship. She added that Soresen's name and address being listed on the sex offender registries of both Michigan and Illinois for an incident in Illinois in 1998, had nothing to with the homicide.

&quot;They lured him into a garage where a space had been prepared to kill him,&quot; Worth said.

Worthy said the pair stabbed Sorensen in the back multiple times, then sawed off his head. The garage had been prepared with a tarp on the floor and cleaning supplies standing by to clean up the blood.

It is alleged the pair tried to conceal the identity of the victim by using a blow torch to burn his hands and feet. Gasoline was used to set the body on fire after it was dumped in the empty lot in Northville Township.&quot;

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071112/UPDATE/711120428/1361

[/quote]

Wow, awesome find Andy. Now, I'm probably neglecting to see this somewhere, but where did they kill him in Canton if the boys were from Plymouth and Westland? Who's renting out their garage for organized crime?

[quote author=Lonzi07 link=topic=10844.msg607402#msg607402 date=1194891170]

Wow, awesome find Andy. Now, I'm probably neglecting to see this somewhere, but where did they kill him in Canton if the boys were from Plymouth and Westland? Who's renting out their garage for organized crime?
    [/quote]

In the beginning when the charges were being read I swear they gave the address of where the crime occurred and it was in Canton.&nbsp; I tried to write it down, but work got in the way.&nbsp; I'm sure that will be disclosed in time.&nbsp; You gotta see these kids, they are just a couple of runty looking punks.&nbsp;

Here:

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=10844.msg607432#msg607432 date=1194892032]
    In the beginning when the charges were being read I swear they gave the address of where the crime occurred and it was in Canton.&nbsp; I tried to write it down, but work got in the way.&nbsp; I'm sure that will be disclosed in time.&nbsp; You gotta see these kids, they are just a couple of runty looking punks.&nbsp;

Here:
    [/quote]

Wow. You're right.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4907360&amp;version=5&amp;locale= EN-US&amp;layoutCode=TSTY&amp;pageId=1.1.1

[quote author=Lonzi07 link=topic=10844.msg607443#msg607443 date=1194892452]

Wow. You're right.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4907360&amp;version=5&amp;locale= EN-US&amp;layoutCode=TSTY&amp;pageId=1.1.1
    [/quote]

from the article you just posted...

They are accused in the planning, ambush and slaying of 26-year-old Daniel Sorenson last Wednesday in a Canton Township garage owned by Orlewicz's grandfather, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said.

Thread Information