Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda Knox (20) was acquitted of playing a role in the assault and murder of her flatmate

Re: Amanda Knox (20) has confessed to playing a role in murder of flatmate

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=10779.msg604871#msg604871 date=1194734169]
    Only just seen this-

Italian police on Friday were investigating whether a text message predicting the Leeds University undergraduate's murder was sent by one of the three people suspects.

The text message said, "For me, tomorrow or tonight Meredith dies," and was sent to a man who thought he received it in error, according to the Daily Mail.

And a time line here in the judge's report-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2843350.ece

Seems she was raped,tortured and left to die very slowly.

Anyone seen anything new about a fourth person? I'm glued to this.

[/quote]

Hi, yes, I'm completely obsessed.

There is a fourth suspect.  Which means this creepy case keeps getting creepier. 

Italian police identified a fourth suspect in the death of a British student as new statements recount the horrific scene.

Meredith Kercher, 21, was found Nov. 1 in her Perugia flat semi-nude under a duvet with her throat slit. Police are holding her flat mate, Amanda Knox, boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito and local bar owner Patrick Diya Lumumba while the investigation proceeds.

Police suspected the involvement of a fourth person after bloody fingerprints found on a pillow did not match Kercher or the three current suspects, The Telegraph reported Saturday.

A security camera near Kercher's flat identified the fourth suspect as a Congolese known only as "Usi" retreating from Kercher's flat shortly after the incident allegedly occurred.

Testimonials from the suspects suggest Sollecito put a three-inch blade to Kercher's throat during a forced sexual encounter and slit her throat after she refused to participate.

Examination of the scene found bloody prints on Kercher's face belonged to Knox, suggesting she restrained Kercher during the encounter. A bloody shoe-print matching Sollecito was found under the duvet.

An autopsy of Kercher showed the throat wound did not sever the Carotid artery, resulting in a slow and painful death.

So apparently the bar owner, Lumumba, had the hots for Kercher.
    Kercher's flatmate had a boyfriend with some kinky urges.
    They all got high, met with Lumumba and some other weirdo and now we have this sorry mess to sort out.

What is wrong with these people?? All four of them have "strange urges" and all played a part in killing her? Or is it just one and the other three have been pulled into this bizarre show?

Can't even imagine what they put this poor girl through

[quote author=deathbecomesme link=topic=10779.msg604768#msg604768 date=1194728693]
    Okay, wtf is going here?

It's her bloody handprint on the wall.
    Another angle:

So News of the World has crime scene photo's?!  I'm freaked. How the holy frick did they obtain these?

And then this photo...

Why is the press allowed to get so close while the police is investigating a murder?   I would be chasing that nosy little photographer away if he got that close!   What if he stepped on some critical piece of evidence!?  Kind of a problem, no? 

I'm no conspiracy nut but these pictures are so surreal they almost looked staged.   
    [/quote]

deathbecomesme,
    Judging from the images posted, it appears that the photographer is using a high zoom SLR digital Camera. I don't think that the police authorities were  aware that they were being photographed.

The hint? If you examine the second picture, you will note that there is a leaf on the right hand side which is blurred. The photograph was taken outside of the flat.

The second clue is the amount of "noise" produced in first image. In this image, the photographer used the zoom lense at it's fullest to capture the fingerprint: Notice the grainy quality of the image.

If you have a "RAW" digital image, you can zoom in on a section of the photgraph using one of the various photo editing programs on the market to view an object that is naked to the eye. And you can do this without losing the quality of the image.
    Psych ward&#039;s upstairs ... Morgue is downstairs ... My office is offlimits<br /><br />&quot;The drugs don&#039;t make me high, they make me neutral.&quot;

It's insane and nuts and hard to follow.

So I'll do a pictorial (because I really, seriously have a problem):
    This British girl, Meredith Kercher, went to Italy to study:

She shared a house with an American student, Amanda Knox:

They lived here:

Amanda might have been a loosy-goosy kind of American that brought many male callers to her home.&nbsp; Including the below knife-carrying Italian, Raffaele Sollecito, who quickly became her boyfriend.

Raffaelo apparently desired a little drama in his life (&quot;strong emotions&quot;), that's important to note. He also posed in freaky photo's to leave little doubt he was off:

Amanda's boss was an African immigrant who owned a bar and had many different ages and names, according to which media outlet you look at.&nbsp; I'll just call him Lumumba &quot;Patrick&quot; Diya and say he is about 38. He was considered &quot;gentle&quot; and &quot;friendly&quot; by many.

Patrick had a thing for the Brit.&nbsp; She, however, didn't have a thing for him.&nbsp;

So one day, somebody sends a text message that reads:

Premediated much?&nbsp; This text message was in Italian.&nbsp; Golly gee, wonder who could have sent that.

Amanda and her boyfriend hung out getting high.&nbsp; One night they went to meet Patrick (the bar owner) at a basketball court. All three of them came back to the house around 9pm where they encountered Meredith who had just returned from either eating pizza or seeing a movie with a friend.&nbsp;

A plot might have been planned ahead of time to get Meredith and Rafaello in the bedroom together.&nbsp; Meredith might have gone willingly in with him alone or she might not have.&nbsp;

Regardless, Patrick suddenly walks in&nbsp; (again, maybe part of a plot?).&nbsp; Everything goes to hell.&nbsp; During some sort of &quot;extreme sex&quot; a knife is put to her throat.

One account suggest that the wounds to her neck weren't meant to be fatal.&nbsp; Whatever happened, she ended up dying a very sad death.

Her murderers try to make it look like a break in.&nbsp; Throw a duvet over her, splatter her blood everywhere and break a window.&nbsp; At first they play dumb when questioned by the police.

Their stories change many times, everyone saying something different.

Eventually, Amanda breaks down and says she was, in fact, in the house when Meredith was murdered.&nbsp; She admits to hearing her screams and covering her ears.&nbsp;

One last tidbit....
    Today another man was arrested.&nbsp; Seems police&nbsp; found a fingerprint on a pillowcase that didn't belong to any of the three suspects.&nbsp; He is a musician, is also from Africa and is named Usi.&nbsp;

They also found a fingerprint from Amanda on Meredith's face.&nbsp; You can connect your own dots on that one.

Now everyone sits in a jail for at least a year while this tragedy is sorted out.

And her family is left lighting candles in her honor:

The end.

In a nutshell,thats how it seems to be.

Looking to see if&nbsp; Meredith's boyfriend has a myspace.

Deathbecomesme:

I believe you got what's going on so far.&nbsp;

I'm obsessed with this story - it's like a fucked up Law &amp; Order.&nbsp; WTF was going on in that house? Meredith just seemed like a regular college student that just happened to have a sociopath for a roommate. Poor girl.&nbsp; She didn't deserve this.&nbsp; I just keep going back to her family and imagining the horrible pain they're going through and Amanda's parents thinking&nbsp;

It has to be hard on everyone involved with these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

Very tragic story.&#160; When the news first broke, I immediately thought of the Jamie Penich/Kenzi Snyder case in Seoul, Korea.&#160; Both were American exchange students, and Snyder was arrested for Penich's 2001 murder (allegedly a spurned lesbian sexual advance thing) and even confessed to CID and FBI agents after her return to the US.&#160; Her confession, however was thrown out by the Korean courts and that decision was upheld by the Supreme Court.

I've read everything I can get my hands on regarding the Jamie Penich murder and I am absolutely convinced that Kenzi Snyder did not commit that murder despite the fact she once confessed to the crime.&#160; You can read all about it here:

www.courttv.com/room_103/chapter_one/index.html

Things admittedly look pretty damning for Amanda Knox, but I'm reserving judgment for when the evidence is officially presented.&#160; Do not confuse what you see on CSI and Forensic Files in the States with anything remotely connected to what goes on in a criminal investigation over here.&#160; The police in the UK and France are pretty state-of-the-art, but as for the rest of mainland Europe?&#160; Well, just look at the Madelaine McCann case for an example (total lack of crime scene control, evidence collection, elimination of suspects, chain of custody, etc).&nbsp; As far as police procedures and tactics go, these folks are about 20 years behind the US.

RIP Meredith... I truly hope justice will be served.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1292358,00.html

Meredith: Second Post-Mortem Requested

Updated:09:35, Sunday November 11, 2007
    Italian judges are to rule whether the body of Meredith Kercher will be returned home or undergo a second post-mortem.

I first saw this story awhile back on one of those TV shows.&nbsp; Everyone involved thought then Amanda's story was sketchy at best.....I just can't understand how so many people could willingly participate in killing someone....I know it happens all the time, but God how tragic and horrendous.&nbsp; I can't imagine how Meredith's parents feel......RIP Meredith.

[quote author=HOUSE OF CARDS link=topic=10779.msg604947#msg604947 date=1194736683]
    Judging from the images posted, it appears that the photographer is using a high zoom SLR digital Camera. I don't think that the police authorities were&nbsp; aware that they were being photographed.

The hint? If you examine the second picture, you will note that there is a leaf on the right hand side which is blurred. The photograph was taken outside of the flat.

The second clue is the amount of &quot;noise&quot; produced in first image. In this image, the photographer used the zoom lense at it's fullest to capture the fingerprint: Notice the grainy quality of the image.

If you have a &quot;RAW&quot; digital image, you can zoom in on a section of the photgraph using one of the various photo editing programs on the market to view an object that is naked to the eye. And you can do this without losing the quality of the image.[/color][/i]
    [/quote]

This is incredibly cool information. You sound smart.&nbsp; I'm glad you are here. Smart people rule.

Truly, thanks for giving me such interesting information.&nbsp; I work quite a bit with photographers so this was a nice little education for me.

Cheers!

I very rarely post around here, but I've been following this one because it seems so odd. Anyway, an update was posted on a local news website this evening, so I thought I'd share it here. Here's a link: http://www.komotv.com/news/11185091.html It's a pretty long article, so here are some excerpts. Hope this isn't too long to post.

The University of Washington student being held on suspicion of murdering her British roommate Meredith Kercher has given a new account of the story which differs from what she has told police, according to a report by the Guardian newspaper.

Now it appears Knox is reverting to her original claim of not having been present at all, according to her mother, Edda Mellas, who was allowed to visit Knox for the first time in jail on Saturday.

Knox's statements have been inconsistent since the beginning of the investigation, claiming she was hazy about the events from smoking hashish before the slaying. But she told prosecutors Lumumba &quot;had a crush&quot; on her roommate and he and the victim had gone into a bedroom to have sex, according to the judge's 19-page ruling.

&quot;She added that she could not remember if (Meredith) had been previously threatened but that it was Patrick who killed her,&quot; the ruling read. &quot;She made clear that in those moments ... she heard Meredith scream so much that she, being scared, covered her ears.&quot;

But the Times reported that police believe Knox held Kercher down while she was assaulted and was gripping so tightly that she left an imprint on Kercher's skin.

A lawyer for Knox, Luciano Ghirga, said on Friday that his client had given &quot;three versions and ... it is difficult to evaluate which one is true.&quot;

He also said he had warned Knox against making unfounded accusations.

&quot;We told her that it would be worse than assassination to accuse an innocent person. We explained to her what slander means in Italy and we'll see,&quot; Ghirga said.

Police: Murder may have been premeditated

Investigators told the Times that despite the suspects' claims, they believe all three suspects were involved in the murder which now appears was much more brutal and sordid than previously reported.

Intense phone traffic between couple following murder

According to the judge's ruling, both Knox and Sollecito turned off their cell phones around the same time and kept them off until the next morning.

However, the Times newspaper in London reported Friday that phone records show intense cell phone traffic between Knox and Sollecito after the murder.

According to the report, in one phone call Knox allegedly told her boyfriend: &quot;I cant do this any more,&quot; and was then interrogated by detectives and changed her story.

No search for fourth suspect

Police are not on the hunt for a fourth suspect on the case as had been previously reported, the Times reported on Sunday.

Italian media reported on Saturday police were looking for the fourth suspect after finding a set of fingerprints in Kercher's that does not belong to any of the three detained suspects.

But two police sources told the Times the fourth person, a North African man man who was hurriedly washing clothes at a nearby laundromat in the hours after the murder, is being sought in connection with another case.

One source of the investigating team told the Times the only mark found in Kercher's blood was a footprint believed to be that of Sollecito.

Report: Kercher died a slow death

Meredith Kercher took about 10 minutes to die, according to an Italian judicial report seen by the Times.

Kercher was stabbed in the neck in her bed as she resisted sexual assault, police said. Police who came to the apartment Nov. 2 to return Kercher's cell phone, which had been found in a neighbor's garden, discovered her semi-nude body in a pool of blood.

Kercher had been found with bruises on her lips, gums, left cheek and chin. Marks left on her neck also suggested she had been threatened with a knife, according to the Guardian.

The coroner's report said Kercher likely died a &quot;relatively slow&quot; and excruciating death, as her artery remained intact for the first few blows, the Times newspaper in London reported.

Yep she has now changed her story saying not only she wasn't there when she was killed but neither was her boyfriend and Lumumba's phone records shows he was there and not at bar. And this &quot;fourth music guy&quot; hasn't been traced.

Why can't one of them keep a single story straight? They must all be fanatically trying to save their own skin.

Think she has changed her story now her parents are out there boasting her innocents?

Anyway they reckon they have caught her going into the house on the same cctv that caught the fourth person-

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article453071.ece

Wow I missed this story...that text message photo is nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Body of student returned home

London - The body of a British student who was murdered in a flat in Italy, was flown back to England on Sunday.

Meredith Kercher, 21, of Couldsdon in Surrey, was found with her throat cut in her flat in the Italian city of Perugia this month. Italian prosecutors believe she was murdered after refusing to take part in an extreme sex game.

Three people - Kercher's American flat mate, Amanda Marie Knox, 20, of Seattle; Knox's Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, 23 and Congolese immigrant Diya &quot;Patrick&quot; Lumumba, 38 - have been jailed as suspects in her death.

All three have denied involvement in the murder.

An Italian newspaper reported that forensic traces found in Kercher's flat suggested that a fourth person could have been involved in the killing. La Republica said police discovered DNA in the flat's bathroom that did not match any of the three suspects.

Body was lying in a pool of blood

Authorities say Kercher - a Leeds University student who had traveled to Perugia in August to study at the city's University for Foreigners - was stabbed in the neck in her bed as she resisted sexual assault.

Police who visited the flat on November 2 to return Kercher's cellphone, which had been found in a neighbour's garden, discovered her semi-nude body in a pool of blood.

A judge in Perugia said on Friday that there was enough evidence to hold the three suspects for up to a year while the case against them was prepared.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...219302,00.html

An apparently sinister text message received by a man in Rome the day before Ms Kercher’s murder, reading “For me, Meredith dies tonight”, might have an innocuous explanation, the newspaper La Repubblica said. On the day of the message, October 31, Italian TV was due to broadcast an episode of the medical soap opera Grey’s Anatomy in which the heavily advertised plot twist revolved around the possible impending death of Dr Meredith Grey, the main character. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2852819.ece

thought this was interesting explanation of text message. dont watch greys anatomy so no idea of the storyline!

also more updated info about possible earlier death time, in the above article

Latest I have read on this case (and it's got me gripped as well) is that CCTV footage has picked up Amanda Knox entering her apartment at 8:43pm on the night that Meredith was murdered.

&quot;Murder suspect Amanda Knox was caught on camera entering the apartment where a British student was murdered the same night, it emerged today.

The CCTV footage contradicts Knox's claim that she was at the house of her 24-year-old boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito.&quot;

Cameras overlooking the house in Perugia have captured the 20-year-old American student, known as Foxy Knoxy, at 8.43pm on 1 November dressed in a light-coloured skirt and top.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=493028&amp;in_page_id=1770 &amp;ct=5

Also there is a photocopy of a photograph of the crime scene at that link.

I wonder how she is going to explain that then&nbsp; :? I usually go by the premise of innocent until proved guilty, but I think it is pretty obvious that she was there now.

Poor Meredith Kercher &amp; her family.&nbsp;

[quote author=Gemini link=topic=10779.msg607273#msg607273 date=1194887583]
    Latest I have read on this case (and it's got me gripped as well) is that CCTV footage has picked up Amanda Knox entering her apartment at 8:43pm on the night that Meredith was murdered.

&quot;Murder suspect Amanda Knox was caught on camera entering the apartment where a British student was murdered the same night, it emerged today.

The CCTV footage contradicts Knox's claim that she was at the house of her 24-year-old boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito.&quot;

Cameras overlooking the house in Perugia have captured the 20-year-old American student, known as Foxy Knoxy, at 8.43pm on 1 November dressed in a light-coloured skirt and top.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=493028&amp;in_page_id=1770 &amp;ct=5

Also there is a photocopy of a photograph of the crime scene at that link.

I wonder how she is going to explain that then&nbsp; :? I usually go by the premise of innocent until proved guilty, but I think it is pretty obvious that she was there now.

Poor Meredith Kercher &amp; her family.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I like to think that people are innocent until proven guilty too but it's hard with this case.&nbsp; I find it difficult to believe someone is innocent when they can't even make up their mind whether they were at the murder scene or not.

RIP Meredith

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=10779.msg607377#msg607377 date=1194890567]
    I like to think that people are innocent until proven guilty too but it's hard with this case.&nbsp; I find it difficult to believe someone is innocent when they can't even make up their mind whether they were at the murder scene or not.

RIP Meredith
    [/quote]

Leapfreak I know what you mean&nbsp;

I have never been one of the burning torches and pitch fork brigade, I always try and wait till the facts come out, but like you say she cant even make her mind up whether she was there or not.

Another interesting thing I read was there were no fingerprints at all in AK's bedroom at all not even her own, even though she lived there from September. So it was obviously wiped down - just who didn't want their prints turning up?

And the big dump that was left in the toilet unflushed doesn't match the dna of any of the 3 suspects...
    What a job testing that!&nbsp;

The latest is that they think another woman might have been there as well.&nbsp; :?

&quot;there were reports in La Stampa, a respected newspaper, that the police may be searching for a second woman, after finding the marks of a high heeled shoe in Miss Kercher’s bedroom.

They are also curious that no fingerprints from Knox were found in Knox’s own bedroom, while there were a dozen in Miss Kercher’s room. The suspicion is that someone may have helped to &quot;clean&quot; Knox’s room of evidence.&quot;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/12/wkercher412.xml

[quote author=Gemini link=topic=10779.msg607695#msg607695 date=1194901960]
    Leapfreak I know what you mean&nbsp;

I have never been one of the burning torches and pitch fork brigade, I always try and wait till the facts come out, but like you say she cant even make her mind up whether she was there or not.

Another interesting thing I read was there were no fingerprints at all in AK's bedroom at all not even her own, even though she lived there from September. So it was obviously wiped down - just who didn't want their prints turning up?

And the big dump that was left in the toilet unflushed doesn't match the dna of any of the 3 suspects...
    What a job testing that!&nbsp;

The latest is that they think another woman might have been there as well.&nbsp; :?

&quot;there were reports in La Stampa, a respected newspaper, that the police may be searching for a second woman, after finding the marks of a high heeled shoe in Miss Kercher’s bedroom.

They are also curious that no fingerprints from Knox were found in Knox’s own bedroom, while there were a dozen in Miss Kercher’s room. The suspicion is that someone may have helped to &quot;clean&quot; Knox’s room of evidence.&quot;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/12/wkercher412.xml

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.&nbsp; It sounds as though there were a lot of people in that flat.&nbsp; It certainly seems as though the evidence is mounting up against Amanda.&nbsp;

[quote author=deathbecomesme link=topic=10779.msg606028#msg606028 date=1194804153]
    This is incredibly cool information. You sound smart.&nbsp; I'm glad you are here. Smart people rule.

Truly, thanks for giving me such interesting information.&nbsp; I work quite a bit with photographers so this was a nice little education for me.

Cheers!
    [/quote]

deathbecomesme,
    I'm glad that you found that little tit bit of information interesting. But I must disagree with your assumption of me: I am one of the biggest idiots to walk the face of the earth! :2tongue:

I really must stop with the self-effacing humour!

:::back on topic:::

So, as expected we find another leaked another photo. This time it is of the crime scene. In attempt to show some measure of restraint, they blurred out the portion of the image where Meredith’s foot is visible under the duvet cover.

Now for Christ’s sake! Please tell me the logic of that! In the media had an ounce of decency, the media would not be going down the lane of sensationalism once again! But as we know, sensationalism sells newspapers! A second image of a happy Meredith on a comforter or duvet adds much needed cannon fodder to the story. What is more troubling is the fact that the authorities involved in the investigation seem to act as willing participants in the extravaganza. How shameful!

As for the accused, their erratic behavior in the face of accusations and mounting evidence only demonstrates their sensibilities. Let us presume that I was one of the actors in this real life play. And let us say that I did commit this crime. I don’t think I could live with my conscience if I had to lie about committing the crime.&nbsp; My conscience would be weigh my shoulders down like a boulder until I either confessed or the inner turmoil I felt drove me to madness! I fully expect one of the three crack or confess after the police offer a plea bargain in exchange for testimony against the other 2 defendants!

TITLE: [size=24pt]Revealed: The chilling picture of Meredith murder scene [/size]

AUTHOR: N/A

SOURCE: Evening Standard

DATE: November 12, 2007

SHORT CAPTION: A dramatic new photograph of the crime scene where British student Meredith Kercher was stabbed to death has been published.

~*~

ARTICLE:

The grainy image, below, photocopied from a police crime scene photo, shows Meredith's bedroom.

Scroll down for more...

The gruesome murder scene where Meredith was brutally murdered

Her lifeless body is clearly visible in the centre of the image under a duvet next to the bed. Her foot can be seen from beneath the duvet.

Numbered pieces of paper indicate the painstaking process of police scouring the scene for evidence.

The picture was first published in several Italian newspapers and then broadcast on television.

Scroll down for more...

Murder scene: Meredith's dead body was found under the duvet in the room

Forensics: Investigators at the apartment where Meredith died

Last week, the leaked judge's report into the case described the chilling scene which confronted police officers when they first arrived at the flat which Meredith shared with her American friend Amanda Knox, and two other Italian girls.

The police who arrived at the flat in Perugia were confronted with a 'chilling' scene when they broke down the 21-year-old student's locked bedroom door, according to the judge's report.

They decided to break down the door to Meredith's bedroom after her other flatmate Romonelli Filomena said that it was strange that it was locked and that Meredith was not answering either of her mobile phones.

According to the report the room was a shocking sight.

The report says: &quot;With the door opened there was a chilling scene in so far as the room was found in disorder with blood stains everywhere, on the ground and on the walls, and also under the duvet of the bed a foot could be seen.&quot;

Flatmate: Amanda Knox is in custody
    Psych ward&#039;s upstairs ... Morgue is downstairs ... My office is offlimits<br /><br />&quot;The drugs don&#039;t make me high, they make me neutral.&quot;

This case is really strange. Something about Amanda's picture gives me the creeps. I can't make out anything in that picture, well besides the bed and the blanket. weird.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=tiffanyal link=topic=10779.msg608155#msg608155 date=1194936710]
    This case is really strange. Something about Amanda's picture gives me the creeps. I can't make out anything in that picture, well besides the bed and the blanket. weird.
    [/quote]Really? I think she looks totally normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=10779.msg608156#msg608156 date=1194936870]
    Really? I think she looks totally normal.
    [/quote]

In one of the pictures on here she just gives me the creeps, not sure why.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=10779.msg608156#msg608156 date=1194936870]
    Really? I think she looks totally normal.
    [/quote]

me to. thats something thats making me even more interested in the case.... im glued to this. oh to be a fly on the wall!!!!!!!

I came across an article that highlights the time line of Lumumba's activity on the night of Nov. 1.&nbsp; Otherwise, the article doesn't offer up too much information.

Hopefully, I post this correctly as this is my first time posting.&nbsp; I have been a lurker for quite a while.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2864713.ece

Meredith Kercher murder: why the timings are critical
    Richard Owen in Perugia
    The police investigation into the murder of Meredith Kercher is focusing on the three arrested suspects' movements at the time of her death.
    Italian police are scouring CCTV footage taken near the cottage where the student's bloodstained body was found. Detectives are also trying to pinpoint where mobile phones belonging to Raffaele Sollecito, Amanda Knox and Patrick Diya Lumumba were used.
    Questions surrounding their whereabouts hinge on how their stories relate to each other and images of people leaving and entering the house where the 21-year-old woman was killed.
    Police are trying to establish whether Patrick Lumumba was at the till of his bar, Le Chic, in Via Alessi in Perugia, on the evening of the murder, as he claims.
    If he was, could he have left to reach the cottage on Viale Sant' Antonio that Ms Knox and Ms Kercher shared, about ten minutes walk away, and returned?
    According to Italian media reports, Romano Mero, a Swiss professor visiting Perugia at the time, has told police that he left his hotel to eat a pizza at 8.30 on the evening of November 1. By 9pm he was at Le Chic, and he says that Patrick was behind the bar. Professor Mero, however, had reportedly earlier told police by phone that he was at the pub for two hours, from 8pm to 10pm.
    The change in his testimony is crucial, since police say a signal trace on a mobile phone owned by Mr Lumumba was recorded in the area of the cottage at 8.38pm.
    Mr Lumumba told police that he had opened the bar &quot;about 5.30 or 6pm&quot;, but witnesses have said it was closed when they passed it at 7pm.
    Mr Lumumba said his Senegalese friend, Usi, arrived at the bar at 8pm, but Professor Mero says he remembers Usi arriving about 10pm. Usi himself has said that he arrived later, at about 10.40pm.
    The first till receipt was issued at 10.29pm (in Italian bars payment is usually made before consumption of food or drink, but in pubs or bars where the customer is known to the owner the bill is sometimes presented only when the customer leaves).
    Records show Mr Lumumba sent a text message to Amanda at 8.18pm - which he allegedly later deleted - and she replied &quot;See you later&quot; by text at 8.35pm.
    He claims that his message simply told her that there were not many customers at the bar and she was not to bother to come in to help, as she usually did on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and that her &quot;see you later&quot; was a general reply on the lines of &quot;see you around&quot;, not an assignation.
    Police believe they met shortly afterwards at a basketball court between the University for Foreigners, where both Ms Knox and Ms Kercher were studying, and the cottage.
    However, lawyers for Mr Lumumba say he could not have left the bar, taken part in an attack on Meredith and returned within the time frame.
    Detectives are also trying to establish the exact time of death of Ms Kercher and how it relates to the stories of their suspects.
    Sophie Purton and Robyn Butterworth, two friends of Ms Kercher, have told police that all three had had an early supper of pizza, ice cream and coffee at Robyn's flat &quot;at about 6pm&quot;, drinking only water and no alcohol (forensic tests on Merediths body have confirmed this).
    They then watched a film on DVD, &quot;The Notebook&quot;, until &quot;about 9pm&quot;. Ms Purton has testified that she then walked home with Ms Kercher, but their ways parted and she went to her own home, leaving Ms Kercher to walk the 500 yards to the cottage in Viale Sant' Antonio. This would put Ms Kercher's return to the cottage at about 9.15pm.
    Pathologists at first put the time of her death at between midnight and 2am. They later revised this because of analysis of the food in her stomach, which was only partly digested, suggesting that she was killed sooner after eating her meal.
    Investigators are reportedly to re-question Ms Purton and Ms Butterworth to double check the time they had supper. The provisional time of death, meanwhile, is between 9pm and 11pm, although the fatal blow could have been struck earlier since Ms Kercher bled to death slowly.
    Ms Knox's account of her movements are also being studied very closely. She has changed her story several times, first saying that she spent the evening and night with her boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, then admitting she was at the cottage but only heard Ms Kercher's screaming from her bedroom while Mr Lumumba was in it, then reverting to her original account and claiming that she was not at the cottage at all until the next morning.
    A CCTV camera at the parking area above the cottage recorded the image of a female figure in a light coloured skirt said to be Ms Knox (who owned such a skirt, now being analysed), entering the driveway of the cottage at 8.43pm - five minutes after the trace of Mr Lumumba's mobile phone was registered in the area and eight minutes after Amanda sent him the &quot;See you later&quot; text message.
    If the image is that of Ms Knox, and if the timing of Ms Kercher's movements is correct, Ms Knox would have been inside the cottage for about half an hour by the time Ms Kercher arrived. It is not yet clear whether the surveillance cameras captured the image of any other figures arriving at the cottage.

[quote author=Grey_BAP link=topic=10779.msg608958#msg608958 date=1194983015]
    I came across an article that highlights the time line of Lumumba's activity on the night of Nov. 1.&nbsp; Otherwise, the article doesn't offer up too much information.

Hopefully, I post this correctly as this is my first time posting.&nbsp; I have been a lurker for quite a while.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2864713.ece
    [/quote]

Thanks for the info.&nbsp; I find it's easier to get my head around all the facts they keep releasing when it comes in the form of a time line plus that article had information I hadn't read before.&nbsp; Welcome to MDS ;)

Thread Information