Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda Knox (20) was acquitted of playing a role in the assault and murder of her flatmate

Re: Amanda Knox (20) has confessed to playing a role in murder of flatmate

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=10810.msg600955#msg600955 date=1194503054]
    Me Either! And they can throw the Wantan one's in at anytime as well. For as much as was written in that article it gave us no real info.  I mean other than what a mirror site is, lol. I really would like to know what actually transpired. This is quite strange.
    [/quote]

Maybe some one can clarify something for me: As I understand it, premium users can view new articles instantaneously. However, "paupers" like myself cannot view the said article until 24 hours has elapsed since being published. In either case, is it correct to assume that we are not allowed to post details regarding the article/news story?

Excuse the latter comment, but if this is the case it seems rather redundant to post a topic in the forum if a user cannot post his or her comments with any great detail. The flair and buzz is lost.
    Psych ward&#039;s upstairs ... Morgue is downstairs ... My office is offlimits<br /><br />&quot;The drugs don&#039;t make me high, they make me neutral.&quot;

[quote author=HOUSE OF CARDS link=topic=10810.msg600971#msg600971 date=1194505873]
    Maybe some one can clarify something for me: As I understand it, premium users can view new articles instantaneously. However, &quot;paupers&quot; like myself cannot view the said article until 24 hours has elapsed since being published. In either case, is it correct to assume that we are not allowed to post details regarding the article/news story?

Excuse the latter comment, but if this is the case it seems rather redundant to post a topic in the forum if a user cannot post his or her comments with any great detail. The flair and buzz is lost.

[/quote]

The premium members see the articles 24 hours before they are openly public. No one is trying to be redundant, this basically just opened up a thread so that when it becomes public there is a place to discuss it. But I think if we discuss the actualities of the articles prior to them being public Mike would give us a big spanking and not the good kind, lol.

saw this story this morning on the television.&nbsp; i was shocked when i heard that her initial statment was that even though she heard the roommate screaming, she was &quot;too drunK&quot; to do anything and went back to sleep.&nbsp; i mean come on, this girl is as twisted as the bastards that initiated the assault.

rip meredith&nbsp; what a horrible thing to happen to such a lovely young woman.

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=10779.0

Maybe a kindly mod will come along and merge the two threads.

[quote author=HOUSE OF CARDS link=topic=10810.msg600966#msg600966 date=1194505180]
    Some of the details are already appearing online. I came across the story a day or two ago and took a quick glimpse at Amanda KNOX's Myspace account. Her entries hint at her disturbed psychological makeup. After reading some of the entries are stories about rape, one could argue premeditation. Her boyfriend's web log has a photo of him wielding a meat cleaver. On both sites, Amanda KNOX and her boyfriend describe themselves as crazy. In any case, the entries definitely hint at violent tendencies. I've not come across any internet logs regarding the third suspect.

It should be noted that over the past 24 hours, the European media has pounced on the news item and began posting salacious details. After reading a news article, I discovered that Amanda Knox has since removed her Facebook profile from the Facebook directory and made her public MySpace profile private.

After a lengthy interview with investigators Amanda KNOX finally confessed as to what had happened. I don't believe it has been determined if she herself participated in the murder. 3 suspects, 3 accounts as to what happened, and a foreign student found dead.

[/quote] Why are you capitalizing her last name? Just wondering.

They killed her because she wouldn't have an orgy with them? Oh, the details of this will have to be good. There has to be way more to this one. RIP Meredith!
    EDIT:
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:8WlPQeIihKUJ:blog.myspace.com/index.cfm%3Ffuseaction%3Dblog.ListAll%26friendID%3 D6527257+6527257+rape+myspace+blog&amp;hl=en&amp;c t=clnk&amp;cd=3&amp;gl=us

Her cached myspace blogs. That one took me awhile to find

EDIT: And cached myspace page in general:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:EZRm5Z-GzzQJ:profile.myspace.com/index.cfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser.viewprofile%26friend id%3D6527257+6527257+myspace&amp;hl=en&amp;ct=clnk &amp;cd=9&amp;gl=us
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

Amy's taste > Tara's

Amanda's myspace wasn't set to private yesterday morning.&nbsp; I know her blog was filling up with hate comments, some of them pretty bad.

There is no mistake that Meredith suffered greatly at the hands of her killers.&nbsp; The fact the killers may have been people she trusted is just horrendous.

Detail's coming out are so confusing.&nbsp; In one article Amanda is in the kitchen when she hears Meredith scream and Amanda covers her ears.&nbsp; In another article it has Amanda in the room with Meredith when the murder occurs.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

Signs were there from the beginning. From her blog:&nbsp; &quot;[my new roommates] are relieved to meet me believe it or not, because aparently everyone else they have met have been really not cool. an rude, uptight german guy, and girl who cant speak english or italian.&quot;

Here's slightly more information, including pictures of the 3 suspects:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2827877.ece

If they're being held in isolation cells, how is she changing her myspace?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=10779.msg601285#msg601285 date=1194539303]
    Signs were there from the beginning. From her blog:&nbsp; &quot;[my new roommates] are relieved to meet me believe it or not, because aparently everyone else they have met have been really not cool. an rude, uptight german guy, and girl who cant speak english or italian.&quot;

[/quote]O Rly?&nbsp; I don't like my roommates, but I ain't gonna kill them...and I've said waay worse things about them&nbsp; :lol:

Amy's taste > Tara's

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=10779.msg601288#msg601288 date=1194539408]
    O Rly?&nbsp; I don't like my roommates, but I ain't gonna kill them...and I've said waay worse things about them&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]I was trying to make a joke because she said &quot;an rude.&quot;&nbsp; :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Goodness she's really a long winded person, her blogs are LONG.&nbsp; My add keeps kicking in and I can't read em all&nbsp;

I bet her bedroom door being locked from the inside was a trick of the murderers to make police think it was a break int. &nbsp;Depends on which side broken glass is on as to whether it was broken from the inside or outside.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=10779.msg601285#msg601285 date=1194539303]

[/quote]

The news was reporting that myspace accounts and facebook accounts etc might be helpful in explaining what went down so I assume it's lawyers or police that have made the accounts private, I did think it was a bit daft that Raffaelle was being described as a dodgy character with a picture of himself dressed up as an axe murderer on his website, it was Halloween fgs, everyone dresses up scary for that.

They have found knife

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article439523.ece

COPS probing the murder of student Meredith Kercher were last night examining a flick knife found at a suspect’s home.

The blade – said to be 8½cm long and “compatible” with a wound on Meredith’s throat – was uncovered in a search of Raffaele Sollecito’s house in Perugia, Italy. He is the boyfriend of Meredith's flatmate Amanda Knox.

Experts were checking the knife for blood and fingerprints.

Sollecito, 23, was last night still being held by police – along with American Knox, 21, and 37-year-old Congolese immigrant Lumumba Diya.

It later emerged that Sollecito – pictured in The Sun yesterday wielding a cleaver and posing as a mad doctor – collects knives.

Lawyers and prosecutors today arrived at Perugia’s courthouse for a hearing on whether there was sufficient evidence to keep the three in jail.

But the judge postponed a decision for another day.

Judge Claudia Matteini said she would decide Friday whether the three should remain in jail pending further investigation.

“We are serene and have total faith in the judge,” Sollecito’s attorney, Tiziano Tedeschi, told reporters as he arrived at the courthouse, shortly after the prosecutor and other attorneys.

In Italy, a judge must determine within 48 hours whether to hold or release detained suspects.

If the judge confirms the detentions, the prosecutor is likely to ask that the suspects remain in prison while the investigation continues.

Leeds University student Meredith, 21, was found dead last Friday at her rented flat in Perugia. Her throat had been cut.

Depth

Because of the depth of the wound, police believe it was inflicted by a man.

Knox has told cops she heard Meredith’s screams – and hinted the student, of Coulsdon, Surrey, had been asked to join an orgy.

Meanwhile Sollecito has insisted he was not in the murder flat.

In a leaked statement to police, he claimed he was at home smoking a cannabis joint at the time.

But Perugia police chief Arturo De Felice yesterday said the suspects had continually changed their stories.

More than 100 Leeds students gathered last night to remember European Studies student Meredith.

This mornings papers-

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article439280.ece

THE flatmate of murdered Meredith Kercher has told cops she covered her ears “to drown out the screams” as the British student’s throat was cut.

Amanda Knox claimed she cowered in the kitchen as lust-crazed bar owner Lumumba Diya slaughtered Meredith, 21.

But last night Italian police said Knox’s version of events, pointing the finger solely at Congolese immigrant Diya, contradicts what they believe happened in the Perugia flat.

They are convinced Meredith died fending off a group sex attack by 37-year-old Diya, American student Knox, 21, and her Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, 23.

Last night it was revealed a flick knife was found at Sollecito’s home nearby.

And police chief Arturo De Felice said: “They all participated but had different roles.”

All three suspects were in solitary confinement in prison on suspicion of “participating in manslaughter and sexual violence”.

Accused ... bar owner Diya

Knox, the privately-educated daughter of a top US store executive, DID hint that Leeds University exchange student Meredith was asked to take part in an orgy.

In a statement to police leaked to Italian newspapers: “Yes, we were in the house that evening. We wanted to have a bit of fun. We were drunk.

“We asked her to join us. Diya wanted her. Raffaele and I went into another room and then I heard screams.”

Knox, from the US city of Seattle, claimed she heard a “series of thuds” coming from Meredith’s bedroom – but did nothing.

Referring to Diya by his nickname, Patrick, she added: “Patrick and Meredith were in Meredith’s bedroom while I think I stayed in the kitchen.

“I can’t remember how long they were together in the bedroom. But the only thing I can say is that at a certain point, I remember hearing Meredith’s screams and I covered my ears to drown them out.

“I don’t remember anything else but I could imagine what was going on.”

Knox, who has fantasised about drugging and raping a young woman on her MySpace website, had at first claimed Sollecito was not in the flat.

But she later changed her story.

The American – studying with Meredith at Perugia’s University for Foreigners – has been earning cash as a barmaid at Diya’s Le Chic bar.

Scared

She told police: “I want to tell you what happened because it has left me really shocked. And I am really scared of Patrick.”

She said she met Diya on Monday, two days after the grisly early-hours killing. Knox said: “He wanted to know what I’d told the police.”

Last night former exchange student Jenny O’Mahoney told how Diya, who is married with a two-year-old child, liked to hang around the University for Foreigners.

She described him as a weirdo who liked to “latch on to young students.”

Jenny, 28, of Wood Green, North London, said: “He asked me for a date once but I turned him down as he was odd and gave me the creeps.”

Slashed throat ... Meredith

Meredith’s parents John and Arline, accompanied by the dead girl’s sister Stephanie, placed a candle on Perugia cathedral’s steps yesterday.

John left a note reading: “Love you forever Meredith. All my love Dad xxx.”

Knox’s parents Edda and Curtis, a vice president of Macy’s store in Seattle, were also in the city.

The suspects will today appear before a judge who will decide if they should stay in jail.

It seems Amanda and her bf are blaming Lumumba Diya. She has been saying he is strange and &quot;hangs around uni to find young girls.&quot;

This story just creeps me out.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=10779.msg601512#msg601512 date=1194546644]
    [/quote]

It does me too.&nbsp; But this is one I will follow.&nbsp; Forced orgy..sad.

Do they have anything on Diya other than what amanda and Rafael are saying?

For some reason this looks like some sadistic fantasy of theirs and Diya is a convienient scape goat.

Um, Harry Potter killed Meredith.

Amanda in handcuffs:

Amy's taste > Tara's

Lumumba: The popular and gentle bar owner willing to help anyone
    Last updated at 11:29am on 7th November 2007 The day before his arrest, Patrick Diya Lumumba had been handing out flyers publicising a candlelit vigil in Meredith Kercher's memory.

Lumumba, a well-known and popular figure in Perugia for a decade, was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo and is believed to be related to murdered Congolese prime minister Patrice Lumumba.

He arrived in Italy legally in 1988 and local people were stunned that the 37-year-old, described as a 'gentle' man 'willing to help anybody', had been arrested on suspicion of involvement in the most shocking murder in the town's memory.

Lumumba, with his short hair in small, tight dreadlocks and wearing jeans and a zip-up jumper, was handcuffed to two policemen as he was transferred from the main police station yesterday afternoon.

Lumumba, who is married with a young child, opened a bar and restaurant called Le Chic on a narrow street in the town centre in August - the same month that Meredith arrived to begin a short Italian course.

A few weeks ago he employed her housemate Amanda Knox to help him with promotional work.

He is well-known among the student community for helping to organise musical events and concerts, often performing with his own band playing a mix of contemporary and reggae music. He had even organised an event at a local government building.

A few years ago he met a young Polish woman, called Ola, who was studying Italian at the University for Foreigners. When they began a relationship she decided to stay in the country, working as a waitress in a popular restaurant.

The couple now have a one-year-old son, Davide, and live in a seventh-floor apartment in a modern block.

Yesterday the door to the home remained firmly closed, although it was thought Ola, who spends a lot of time in Poland, was at home.

The Le Chic bar itself was closed but when the Mail visited, an 18-year-old Englishman, Conti Von Hirsch, was standing outside. He arrived in Italy at the weekend, planning to take up a job with Lumamba after meeting him in September.

&quot;I can't believe this,&quot; he said. &quot;He is very friendly and professional.&quot;

Esteban Garcia Pascual, owner of La Tana Dell'Orso, one of the most popular student bars, said: &quot;This is like a hammer blow to the head. I've known him since 1999 and I can't believe it.

&quot;He worked at the university organising cultural events and concerts and is from a really respectable family. He is a nice person.&quot;

Before opening his own bar, Lumamba had done some DJ stints at La Tana.

Mr Pascual described Lumamba as a &quot;gentle, relaxed person&quot;, adding: &quot;I've never heard of him having a fight or argument the whole time I have known him.&quot;

At the university's social centre, student Rosella Vinerva said she was 'very shocked' by the arrest of someone who had done so much work at the university.

&quot;He was always very polite and very educated,&quot; she said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=492165&amp;in_page_id =1811

One of these things is not like the others..&nbsp; One of these things is easier to blame....

Amy's taste > Tara's

Exactly and I keep searching and all I'm finding that ties lamumba is amanda saying he went into the room and heard her scream. But this story came after she and her boyfriend told an intricate lie about the entire night. I'm sorry but if my roommate wound up murdered the night I heard her screaming ...uh yeah the cops would know immediately...by waiting I would fear someone trying to keep me quiet.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=10779.msg601512#msg601512 date=1194546644]
    [/quote]

Yeah, no shit!

I was reading the article like, &quot;Are you fucking serious?!&quot; How scary for that poor girl.&nbsp;

I don't think we'll ever find out exactly what happened in the flat that night and I think I'm okay with that.&nbsp; I just can't imagine the horror that poor young girl went through :-(

Rip Meredith

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

[quote author=ashcash link=topic=10779.msg601678#msg601678 date=1194553509]
    Exactly and I keep searching and all I'm finding that ties lamumba is amanda saying he went into the room and heard her scream. But this story came after she and her boyfriend told an intricate lie about the entire night. I'm sorry but if my roommate wound up murdered the night I heard her screaming ...uh yeah the cops would know immediately...by waiting I would fear someone trying to keep me quiet.

[/quote]

Yeah, something is definitely not right here.&nbsp;

I don't want to make assumptions but this Lamumba guy just seems like the odd man out, ya know? The girl was in the kitchen screaming, where was her boyfriend? I may have missed that in the other articles. It just doesn't make sense that the other people are in the flat and this guy decided to murder this girl?
    :? :? :?

If we all have this many questions and are confused I can only imagine how the families involved with this mess feel :-(

Huh? you're a woman?

[quote author=ashcash link=topic=10779.msg601678#msg601678 date=1194553509]

[/quote]
    that is scary as hell, that the authorities would believe anything coming from her mouth..the lying bitch.&nbsp; she and the boyfriend have had all this time to come up with their own version of what happened.&nbsp; they had better have dna evidence against lamumba to make me believe that anyone other than the bitch and her boyfriend did this.

rip poor meredith...

[quote author=MAVEN link=topic=10779.msg601902#msg601902 date=1194564077]
    that is scary as hell, that the authorities would believe anything coming from her mouth..the lying bitch.&nbsp; she and the boyfriend have had all this time to come up with their own version of what happened.&nbsp; they had better have dna evidence against lamumba to make me believe that anyone other than the bitch and her boyfriend did this.

rip poor meredith...
    [/quote]

That's exactly what I was thinking.&nbsp; Knox and her boyfriend are intimate, they could have come up with identical stories pointing the finger at Lamumba.

Like I said before, I don't know and I watch too many Forensic Shows so I'm always looking for a twist. Something is just. not. right. here.

Huh? you're a woman?

Thread Information