Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda Knox (20) was acquitted of playing a role in the assault and murder of her flatmate

Re: Amanda Knox (20) has confessed to playing a role in murder of flatmate

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=10779.msg699920#msg699920 date=1200601758]
    The forensics people probably sprayed the bathroom with something to bring out excess blood/invisible blood trails.
    [/quote]

good thinking batman...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/94993

She stares out of her window often, she notes in a diary from prison, "and, when I have an hour of outside time, I sit with my face in the sun, so I can get a tan."

"I have received letters from fellow inmates and admirers telling me that I am hot and they want to have sex with me. I have also had insulting letters."

THIS GIRL IS CRAZY , IN ALL OF THESE INTERVIEWS I HAVE READ ALL SHE DOES IS TALK ABOUT HERSELF , NOT HOW SHE IS SAD THAT HER FRIEND WAS MURDERED OR SHE FEELS BAD FOR THE FAMILY

RIP MEREDITH

They were just talking about this case on Star Jones and Friday 20/20 is doing a show on this and Amanda's Parents are supposed to be on there. 

[quote author=melanie link=topic=10779.msg701934#msg701934 date=1200710310]
    THIS GIRL IS CRAZY , IN ALL OF THESE INTERVIEWS I HAVE READ ALL SHE DOES IS TALK ABOUT HERSELF , NOT HOW SHE IS SAD THAT HER FRIEND WAS MURDERED OR SHE FEELS BAD FOR THE FAMILY

RIP MEREDITH
    [/quote]
    I don't disagree that she is crazy but I just don't think an educated person would speak in that type of dialog.  I remember reading her blogs before her myspace was turned private and she was much more well spoken. Either whoever is translating for her to the media sucks or she isn't really saying this crap. 

Just a reminder.. Amanda's parents are going to be on 20/20 tonight at 9 central!  I'm interested in what they have to say.
    born to be down

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=10779.msg717516#msg717516 date=1201911734]
    Just a reminder.. Amanda's parents are going to be on 20/20 tonight at 9 central!  I'm interested in what they have to say.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be watching it.
    Sadly, I don't have anything better to do  :|

Just watched the 20/20 episode...I think she's innocent. It's so messed up how in different countries you can still be held as a suspect even when the evidence suggest otherwise.

It's so strange, after watching this on 20/20 all I could think was "god I hope this girl ends up being innocent"! Listening to her parents and friends talk, as well as them discussing some of the evidence being tampered with it made me think "gee I think I judged too quickly on this one".
    I guess we won't know until all is said and done.  I feel for the parents of all of the kids, especially knowing they have sent them away to school and one set of parents will never see their own daughter again, and another set has to live with the fact that their daughter is in jail sitting there for a crime she might not have committed.

I saw 20/20 tonight and I am truly torn on this one.  I am mostly disturbed that she is in jail and has not been charged with anything.  It is insane to me that in Italy you can be suspected of a wrong doing and they can hold you for up to year before they even charge.  That is messed up.  Her family is so heartbroken and have spent so much money just trying to be there for her.

I'm mad I missed this one. I saw it and wanted to watch it too..maybe it will be online.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

I'm torn as well.. they really showed her in an "innocent light."  I don't know what to believe anymore.  Is the guy who slept with Meredith, went in the bathroom with his ipod on, and then emerged to find her dead.. in jail?  It was sort of glossed over on 20/20, and I don't understand why he wasn't the first, primary suspect.  I can't think of his name, but I'm sure he's been mentioned here. 
    born to be down

Here is an article about the 20/20 story.  There are a couple of videos on the page.  I am confused by this one as well.  It sucks that the media has twisted the view of this girl (as the parents claim).  If she didnt have anything to do with it, I cant imagine what she is going through in jail. 

edit: forgot to add the link
    http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=4223134&page=1

it's hilarious how fickle you lot are :)
    don't worry, when you hear a new bit of evidence against her, you will sway again.
    the media do control how you think...both for and against...remember that.
    wait till it goes to court because almost everything the media spew is bullshit.

"heartbroken parents who have spent loads trying to be close to her"

it's scenes like this that sway your shallow mind...don't let your emotions get the better of you...grow up ;)

She's already admitted being there that night, she's not innocent in my eyes, she decide to leave Meredith there and run off to her boyfriends while Meredith lay there dead. How about loyalty, Meredith was raped, where was she then?

[quote author=pan1k link=topic=10779.msg719124#msg719124 date=1202057703]
    don't worry, when you hear a new bit of evidence against her, you will sway again.
    wait till it goes to court because almost everything the media spew is bullshit.

it's scenes like this that sway your shallow mind...don't let your emotions get the better of you...grow up ;)
    [/quote]

Because we are examining the other side of the story, we are fickle and need to grow up?  If she's SOO 100% GUILTY, why haven't charges even been filed yet?  I am open to any new information about this case, and while I am NOT completely swayed by what her parents say, I do take it into account.  Don't insult people who don't agree with you.
    born to be down

[quote author=pan1k link=topic=10779.msg719124#msg719124 date=1202057703]

[/quote]

So I guess it depends on which media you listen to- it appeared that the Italian media portrays this girl as a sick twisted sexpot "Foxy Roxy" (her myspace name).  20/20 chose a different angle.

One FACT though, is that she is yet to be charged. 

Truthfully most families are going to back up their kids no matter what, 100's of these articles on MDS show that.

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=10779.msg719130#msg719130 date=1202059496]

Because we are examining the other side of the story, we are fickle and need to grow up?  If she's SOO 100% GUILTY, why haven't charges even been filed yet?  I am open to any new information about this case, and while I am NOT completely swayed by what her parents say, I do take it into account.  Don't insult people who don't agree with you.
    [/quote]

I don't know if she is guilty or not, but I do think that she knows more than she is letting on.  Plus, the constant changing of her story does not help her believability IMHO.

I think the reason that she has not been charged yet, is that under Italian Law suspects can be held for up to a year without charges, so I think its highly likely that prosecutors are conducting all inquiries and gathering all evidence in order to have the strongest possible case if or when they decide to charge her.

But, I wouldn't say that examining all evidence and making up your mind in light of new findings is fickle.

The media can sway your opinions anyway they like.  In the end it will be the evidence that proves her to be innocent or guilty.  But how many times have people been thrown in jail when they have not committed a crime at all?  Maybe it's not us needing to grow up, maybe it's previous injustices like that which makes our opinions sway.  No one wants to see someone go to jail and then 10 years later come out of it as it being a huge mistake and 'they arrested the wrong  person'.

Since she's confessed to being there when Meredith was raped and murdered and then fleeing the scene with the people she say did it, I'm pretty sure she's going to get some sort of charge brought against her.

[quote author=AngelofYou link=topic=10779.msg719384#msg719384 date=1202088662]
    Since she's confessed to being there when Meredith was raped and murdered and then fleeing the scene with the people she say did it, I'm pretty sure she's going to get some sort of charge brought against her.
    [/quote]

Not to defend her, but keep in mind that this "confession" was given during a 14 hour grueling "interrogation" with no lawyer present.  I am not saying she is innocent, but a confession is not gold.  False confessions are made all the time under stress and pressure from police.  I don't understand why the main suspect isn't Rudy Guede, the guy whose DNA they found inside Meredith.  I mean come on.. "I went in the bathroom, put on my ipod, and emerged to find her dead.  I saw an Italian man running away, so I ran away too."  I think this guy raped and murdered her.  I guess we will all have to wait for the truth... there's just no sense in insulting people because of their open minds.
    born to be down

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=10779.msg719397#msg719397 date=1202089368]
    Not to defend her, but keep in mind that this "confession" was given during a 14 hour grueling "interrogation" with no lawyer present.  I am not saying she is innocent, but a confession is not gold.  False confessions are made all the time under stress and pressure from police.  I don't understand why the main suspect isn't Rudy Guede, the guy whose DNA they found inside Meredith.  I mean come on.. "I went in the bathroom, put on my ipod, and emerged to find her dead.  I saw an Italian man running away, so I ran away too."  I think this guy raped and murdered her.  I guess we will all have to wait for the truth... there's just no sense in insulting people because of their open minds.
    [/quote]

Not only was she in a grueling 14 hour interrogation, but she is also in another country..in the middle of a murder investigation of her roommate. I bet that girl was scared to death. I know I would have been. Yeah..that's a little ridiculous that Rudy goes in the bathroom to come out to find the girl dead. How long could he possibly have been in there???? taking a after sex dook????????????????

this entire time i was always thinking "GUILTY!!" but after seeing 20/20, it honestly seems as if she's innocent. the story bummed me out..and the end where they show a fucking huge close up of her face like she's staring at all of us saying "i..am..in..hell. help me." bummed me out even more. being locked up is horrifying enough, but being locked up in another country? horrible.

Rudy Guede is now saying that Knox and Sollecito were at the cottage when the murder of Meredith took place.  For some reason, the murder of Meredith has really stuck with me.  This is the death that actual made me create an account on MDS. 

Here is the article:

From The Times
    March 27, 2008
    Meredith Kercher suspect Rudy Guede incriminates other suspects

(Tiziana Fabi/AFP/Getty)
    Rudy Guede fled to Germany after the murder but was arrested and extradited back to Italy
    Richard Owen in Rome
    Rudy Guede, the Ivory Coast immigrant suspected of involvement in the murder of the British student Meredith Kercher in Perugia last November, has incriminated the two other suspects, Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, by telling police that they were also at the scene of the crime.
    Mr Guede is the only one of the three to have admitted he was at the whitewashed cottage on the evening of the murder, while insisting that he did not commit the murder. Ms Knox, an American student from Seattle who shared the cottage with Ms Kercher and two female Italian students, and Mr Sollecito, her Italian boyfriend, maintain they spent the evening and the night of the killing at his flat in Perugia.
    However Mr Guede, who was questioned for three hours yesterday, said he had seen both Ms Knox and Mr Sollecito at the cotttage. He told investigators that he had seen Ms Knox "at the door of the house" and that he had seen Mr Sollecito inside it brandishing a knife. He is reported to have given police a description of the clothes Ms Knox and Mr Sollecito were wearing.
    Mr Guede, who fled to Germany after the murder but was arrested and extradited back to Italy, has until now claimed that Ms Kercher was attacked by an intruder while he was in the bathroom, and that he then struggled with the intruder, who he did not know and who was armed with a knife. He also said in earlier testimony that he had heard the voice of a woman outside the house.

New witness 'saw Meredith suspects together'
    Amanda Knox, Raffaele Sollecito and Rudy Guede were see at the house in Perugia where the American student died
    He has now identified the intruder as Mr Sollecito and the woman as Ms Knox. He continued to maintain yesterday that he was not involved in Ms Kercher's death. Corriere della Sera suggested Mr Guede had decided to speak out against the other two suspects because they had "more or less explicitly pointed the finger of blame at him".
    Last week police removed a Harry Potter book and two guitars in a renewed search at the crime scene, where Ms Kercher was found on 2 November half naked under a duvet in her bedroom with stab wounds to her neck and throat.
    Next Tuesday a court will decide whether Ms Knox, Mr Sollecito and Mr Guede should be kept in custody. None of them has been charged, and all can be kept in jail for up to a year before charges are brought.
    Prosecutors have said Ms Kercher was killed while resisting a sexual attack, although a report issued last month by the coroner, Dr Luca Lalli, said it could not be determined "with certainty" if there had been "sexual violence or attempted sexual violence". He said bruises on Ms Kercher's body suggested she had had "hurried" sexual intercourse, possibly against her will.
    DNA tests show that Mr Guede, whose fingerprint was found in bloodstains on Ms Kercher's pillow, had sex with Ms Kercher the night she died, according to investigators. He has never denied this, but maintains they had agreed to have sex.
    Ms Knox has given conflicting statements, at first saying she was not at the cottage the night of the murder. She later admitted to prosecutors that she was present and had to cover her ears to muffle Ms Kercher's screams, but later still reverted to her first version.
    According to prosecutors, Ms Knox's blood was found on a bathroom tap at the cottage, placing her there on the night of the killing or the morning after. A bloody footprint near Ms Kercher's body was matched to Mr Sollecito's trainers, placing him at the crime scene as well.
    Defence lawyers however maintain Mr Sollecito’s shoes do not match the footprint, and that there is no definitive or reliable evidence linking a kitchen knife found in Mr Sollecito's flat with both Ms Knox's and Ms Kercher's DNA on it to Ms Kercher's wounds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7349977.stm

Doubt cast over Meredith 'rape' 

Three people are being held over the murder of Meredith Kercher
    Briton Meredith Kercher may not have been raped before her murder, according to a new post-mortem examination.

Police had previously said there was evidence of a violent sexual encounter but the report said it was not possible to say whether she had been assaulted.

It added that a knife from a suspect's house could be the murder weapon.

Three people are being held over the murder of Leeds University exchange student Miss Kercher, 21, of Coulsdon, south London, in Italy in November.

Three pathologists confirmed the absence of any drugs in Miss Kercher's blood.

Throat cut

The post-mortem report will be discussed at a court hearing on Saturday with defence lawyers for the three suspects.

American Amanda Knox, Italian Raffaele Sollecito and Rudy Hermann Guede, from Ivory Coast, are being held on suspicion of sexually assaulting and murdering Miss Kercher.

Police have said they have forensic evidence linking all three suspects to the murder. The knife was recovered by officers from Mr Sollecito's home.

All three deny involvement in the student's death and have not been charged.

They have lost their last appeals to be freed, and can be held for up to a year before trial.

Miss Kercher was found dead under a duvet with her throat cut in her bedroom in the city of Perugia on 2 November.

Cutting Edge on Channel 4 tomorrow night-
    http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsites/C/cutting_edge/meredith_kercher/index.html?intcmp=docpage_flash

Sex, Lies and the Murder of Meredith Kercher
    C4 Thursday 17 April 2008 9pm

Within days of the horrific murder of British student Meredith Kercher the Italian police had three suspects in jail and looked to have the case solved. An American language student, Amanda Knox, her Italian boyfriend, Raffaele and a Congolese bar owner, Patrick Lumumba were bundled into prison for what the police described as a drug and sex fuelled group attack. Soon the Italian press was full of reports that the Renaissance hill top city of Perugia was the new Ibiza, where 40,000 students were running out of control.

But five months after the murder, the suspects have not been charged. Already critics are claiming that the police were too hasty in their accusation and that they have spent the last few months trying to bolster up the evidence.

With the help of leading Italian crime journalist, Meo Ponte, Cutting Edge probes the evidence against the students and investigates the claims that Perugia is hotbed of students and sex and drug fuelled parties.

It examines why Amanda and Raffaele are still under suspicion and explores intriguing reasons as to why they may have behaved in the way that they did.

Amanda's parents explain to Cutting Edge why they think their daughter is innocent, and the heartbreak they experience every time they see her in prison.

I'm still not quite sure what to believe...

Thread Information