Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda Knox (20) was acquitted of playing a role in the assault and murder of her flatmate

Re: Amanda Knox (20) has confessed to playing a role in murder of flatmate

well Meredith had "dna" on her, so they should know something for sure eventually. That kind of testing usually takes a few weeks.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Just heard on news Lamumba is claiming he wasn't at the house and was at his bar doing paper work then went home.
    And something about Amanda being known to be a "fantasist and compulsive liar" but they are not saying how they have come to that.

I think the fantacist part is from her writing violently sexually stories like one where two brothers discuss the drug induced rape of a woman. Sounds like some twisted sexual fantasy of hers. Poor Meredith...RIP

Amanda seems like she may have a bit of Histrionic personality disorder:

Histrionic Personality Disorder exhibit excessive emotionalism--a tendency to regard things in an emotional manner--and are attention seekers. Behaviors may include constant seeking of approval or attention, self-dramatization, theatricality, and striking self-centeredness or sexual seductiveness in inappropriate situations, including social, occupational and professional relationships beyond what is appropriate for the social context. They may be lively and dramatic and initially charm new acquaintances by their enthusiasm, apparent openness, or flirtatiousness. They commandeer the role of "the life of the party". Personal interests and conversation will be self-focused. They use physical appearance to draw attention to themselves. Their style of speech is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail. They may do well with jobs that value and require imagination and creativity but will probably have difficulty with tasks that demand logical or analytical thinking. The disorder occurs more frequently in women though that may be because it is more often diagnosed in women.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

Sorry, I'm addicted to this one. I keep coming back. The plot thickens...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2830451.ece?token=null&offset=12

"He [Lumumba] was never in the house of horrors, and he can prove it," Mr Pacelli told reporters. "Our client has slept well because he believes in justice."

He added: "We have witnesses and documents which prove that our client was not there."

Mr Lumumba admitted to the judge that he knew Ms Kercher and had met her a month before her death. "I met her a couple of times," he said.

This however contradicts his claim at the time of his arrest that he did not know her at all.

Mr Lumumba's lawyers attacked Amanda Knox as "an absolute liar" and said her allegations against Mr Lumumba were slanderous.

Lawyers said Ms Knox had exercised her right not to reply to the judge's questions, apart from repeating that although she had been in the house the time of the murder she had not been in Ms Kercher's bedroom when she was killed.

Judge Matteini gave permission for all three suspects to meet their relatives. Ms Knox's mother is already in Perugia and is shortly to be joined by her father.

Mr Sollecito answered all questions, according to his lawyer, Tiziano Tedeschi. "He is innocent," Mr Tedeschi said. "He was not at the scene of the crime, he was at his own home."

Claudia Matteini, a judge of preliminary investigations (GIP) presided at the hearing at the jail outside Perugia where the three suspects are being held. Lawyers for the defendants said the judge would make her decision known on Friday morning.

Newspapers in Perugia today reported that police believe a fourth person may have been involved. This follows the discovery of a heel imprint on the floor of the cottage and a fingerprint on Ms Kercher's blood-soaked pillow which "do not correspond to those of any of the three suspects" said Corriere dell' Umbria.

Amy's taste > Tara's

And their ORIGINAL story is that Amanda wasn't even there either!

"A friend of murdered British student Meredith Kercher told last night how he discovered her body in her blood-spattered bedroom.

Raffaele Sollecito, 23, relived the horror of finding the body of the pretty brunette who died when her killer broke into her home and cut her throat as she lay in her bed.

"It is something I never hope to see again," he said. "There was blood everywhere and I couldn't take it all in.

"My girlfriend was her flatmate and she was crying and screaming, 'How could anyone do this?'"

Meredith, 21, who had been studying in Perugia, Italy since August, was murdered the day after a Halloween fancy dress party at the city's British-themed Merlin Pub on Wednesday.

On Thursday she posted happy snaps of herself in fancy dress on the internet and in the evening had returned home alone after watching a film at a friend's house.

But her flatmates - two Italian girls and one American - had all stayed out for the night, so the gruesome discovery wasn't made until the next day.

Raffaele had spent the night at his own house on the other side of the city with his girlfriend, Meredith's American flatmate Amanda Knox, 22.

He said: "It was a normal night. Meredith had gone out with one of her English friends and Amanda and I went to party with one of my friends.

"The next day, around lunchtime, Amanda went back to their apartment to have a shower."

As Amanda, from Washington DC, stepped into house she could tell there was something terribly wrong.

Raffaele said: "When she arrived the front door was wide open. She thought it was weird, but thought maybe someone was in the house and had left it ajar.

"But when she went into the bathroom she saw spots of blood all over the bath and sink. That's when she started getting really afraid and ran back to my place because she didn't want to go into the house alone. So I agreed to go back with her. When we walked in together, I knew straight away it was wrong. It was really eerily silent and the bathroom was speckled with blood like someone had flicked it around, just little spots.

"We went into the bedroom of Philomena (another flatmate who was away) and it had been ransacked, like someone had been looking for something. But when we tried Meredith's room, the door was locked. She never normally locked her bedroom door and that really made us frightened."

Their panic grew as they desperately banged on her door.

Raffaele said: "I tried to knock it down. I thought maybe she was ill... I made a dent, but I wasn't strong enough on my own so I called the police."

When police arrived they knocked the door down straightaway and Raffaele followed them into the room.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing," he said. "It was hard to tell it was Meredith at first but Amanda started crying and screaming. I dragged her away because I didn't want her to see it, it was so horrible.

"It seems her killer came through the window because it was smashed and there was glass all over the place. It was so sinister because other parts of the house were just as normal."

Raffaele, a computer science student, said Meredith had recently started seeing an Italian neighbour called Giacamo who lived in the apartment beneath the girls. He said: "Meredith was always smiling and happy. She was really popular and it's horrible that someone would want to hurt her." "

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2007/11/04/i-found-her-body-there-was-blood-all-over-it-was-horrific-98487-20058122/

Amy's taste > Tara's

Yeah...I'm obssesed with this one to. I have come up with many scenarios. Maybe amanda had some kind of lesbian fantasy and was rejected by meredith? They said meredith had consensual sex that night...maybe with amandas boyfriend? Jealousy? Ah! I can't wait to hear more of this...I wonder if the footprint was male or female? Has lumumbas alibi checked out? So many questions...so few answers...

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=10779.msg600008#msg600008 date=1194453054]
    Just took a look at Amanda's blog.  Can't believe all the haters that are posting on there.  They have really come out of the woodwork in the last 24 hours.  I hope none of them are MDS members.
    [/quote]The blog is private. Damn why do I always miss the good stuff...

Two different sets of DNA were found on her chest, suggesting two men committed the sexual attack.  Also, small, feminine foot prints were found in the blood in her room.  Sounds pretty likely to me that it was indeed the group effort against Meredith.

I didn't see it linked earlier, so here's the crime library article...the best picture I've gleaned from an article yet.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1107/0801_meredith_kercher1.html
    Opinions were like kittens, I was givin' 'em away.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=Megatron link=topic=10779.msg602309#msg602309 date=1194584051]
    Two different sets of DNA were found on her chest, suggesting two men committed the sexual attack.  Also, small, feminine foot prints were found in the blood in her room.  Sounds pretty likely to me that it was indeed the group effort against Meredith.

I didn't see it linked earlier, so here's the crime library article...the best picture I've gleaned from an article yet.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1107/0801_meredith_kercher1.html
    [/quote]Couldn't the footprint have been from Amanda when she first got there (ahem) and checked out the scene? And didn't somewhere (there are like 5000 articles all saying different things) say that she had consensual sex earlier- that could account for one DNA sample?

Sooo intrigued.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

The article states that they think she was tortured due other wounds on her body aside of that to her throat.  :-(

Jeeze.  Also from the crime library article:

"Also on Nov. 5, an unknown person posted a mock advertisement on the front door of the UniversitĂ* per Stranieri. The tasteless joke offered Meredith's room for rent and stated that the prospective tenant should be an "English Girl, preferably an Erasmus student." The phone number listed on note was fictitious and was determined to be the date of Meredith's death. Police say they are still investigating the matter."

Totally sick.

On Nov. 4, pathologist Luca Lalli told Telegraph.co.uk that a post-mortem examination suggested Meredith had been murdered with a penknife. Lalli then downplayed media hype, suggesting the incident was a sex crime, even though bodily fluids found on Meredith's body indicated the presence of two different men prior to her death.

"I can confirm that Miss Kercher may have been sexually active before her death, but it was definitely not a rape," he said.

Edit: Aaaaand days later:

As news of the breakthrough spread, pathologist Lalli made his own statement to the media, in which he seemed to backpedal earlier statements that the sexual activity was "definitely" not rape. He cited bruises on Meredith's body as being indicative of a struggle and said: "I cannot rule out that sex took place under the threat of violence."

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=10779.msg602311#msg602311 date=1194584311]
    Couldn't the footprint have been from Amanda when she first got there (ahem) and checked out the scene? And didn't somewhere (there are like 5000 articles all saying different things) say that she had consensual sex earlier- that could account for one DNA sample?

Sooo intrigued.
    [/quote]

Maybe...but the articles that stated that she had consensual sex stated that she was with one guy whom she had recently met...

This article states that samples from two different men were found on her chest...not really the same scenario.

I'm a big fan of Crimelibrary.com, maybe I'm being too quick to choose them over other sources in terms of validity.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=10779.msg602314#msg602314 date=1194584452]
    On Nov. 4, pathologist Luca Lalli told Telegraph.co.uk that a post-mortem examination suggested Meredith had been murdered with a penknife. Lalli then downplayed media hype, suggesting the incident was a sex crime, even though bodily fluids found on Meredith's body indicated the presence of two different men prior to her death.

"I can confirm that Miss Kercher may have been sexually active before her death, but it was definitely not a rape," he said.

Edit: Aaaaand days later:

As news of the breakthrough spread, pathologist Lalli made his own statement to the media, in which he seemed to backpedal earlier statements that the sexual activity was "definitely" not rape. He cited bruises on Meredith's body as being indicative of a struggle and said: "I cannot rule out that sex took place under the threat of violence."
    [/quote]

AH, I did not see that in reading this article, thanks.

Well, I initially felt as though this article cleared things up a bit, but I suppose not.  Stiil interesting and more detailed than anything I read earlier today.

[youtube=425,350]f2m5qSHU88A[/youtube]

"You know what's going to happen? You guys are going to put this on the Internet, you dirty fuckers." Aaand then you're going to get accused of murder and 1,437 people are going to view this stupid video in one day.

Crap. Why didn't that post? Am I stupid enough to not even be able to post a youtube video with a youtube tag? :lol:

All right, well here's the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=f2m5qSHU88A

Bonus: Wrong Amanda Knox :lol: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hWyCZX0dSJI

Grrrrrrrrr Tara, I was coming here to post that. 

I never have anything to contribute. Ugh.

Anyways, this thread is actually turning out to be pretty interesting. Can't wait to see how it all pans out.

RIP Meredith

I just want notifications :oops:

I like death threads I just have little/nothing to contribute

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1292165,00.html

Quote: According to reports, police documents heard in court allegedly reveal that a fingerprint found on Miss Kercher's face suggests Knox held her down as she was attacked.

The three suspects in the murder of British exchange student Meredith Kercher can be held without charge for a year, a local judge in Perugia has said.

[quote author=Megatron link=topic=10779.msg602312#msg602312 date=1194584337]
    The article states that they think she was tortured due other wounds on her body aside of that to her throat.  :-(

Jeeze.  Also from the crime library article:

"Also on Nov. 5, an unknown person posted a mock advertisement on the front door of the UniversitĂ* per Stranieri. The tasteless joke offered Meredith's room for rent and stated that the prospective tenant should be an "English Girl, preferably an Erasmus student." The phone number listed on note was fictitious and was determined to be the date of Meredith's death. Police say they are still investigating the matter."

Totally sick.

[/quote]

Oh, that's all sorts of fucked up :x

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=10779.msg602187#msg602187 date=1194575472]
    The blog is private. Damn why do I always miss the good stuff...
    [/quote]If you look about 2 pages back, you can read her cached blogs...but not the comments.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=10779.msg599883#msg599883 date=1194449372]
    "When are you are going to add violent sex orgies and murder to your interests?"

:lol:
    [/quote]

they are from my hometown. :|
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

Todays update:
    (ill post a link when I get to a computer)

ITALIAN police are trying to trace the sender of a chilling text message that predicted Meredith Kercher's death. The message, saying &quot;For me, tomorrow or tonight Meredith dies&quot;, was sent two days before the exchange student was killed. It was received by a man who lived in Rome, who deleted it believing it was meant for someone else. Detectives are trying to track down the sender using electronic records. They are also investigating claims Meredith was held down by her flatmate while she was sexually attacked and killed.

Officers grilling US student Amanda Knox – who is said to have bedded a string of local men – told her: “You did it, you held her down,” before she collapsed in tears. Pressed ... Knox wept as cops quizzed her

It was also revealed yesterday that a fingerprint from Knox was discovered on the FACE of tragic fellow student Meredith. The pretty Leeds University pupil, 21, was found dead with her throat cut last Friday in the central Italian city of Perugia. Officers began their line of inquiry after bugging Knox’s mobile phone. They say the 21-year-old was recorded on Monday telling boyfriend and fellow suspect Raffaele Sollecito: “I cannot do it any more – I cannot bear it.” The pair and third suspect – bar owner Lumumba “Patrick” Diya, 37 – were quickly arrested. A judge has ruled all three can be held without out charge for up to a year.After quizzing all three cops accused Knox, dubbed Foxy Knoxy, of holding down Meredith as she was violated and murdered. Knox has admitted she heard the killing, but claimed she was in the kitchen covering her ears.

However a police report heard in court yesterday claimed: “The sexual encounter between Patrick and Meredith was of a violent nature and particularly intimidatory, with Knox helping Diya.”

Police are still continuing tests on two knives found at 24-year-old Sollecito’s flat. Meredith ... died during 'sex attack'It emerged yesterday that dark-haired Meredith, from Coulsdon, Surrey, had complained to a pal about the number of men Amanda bought back to their flat.

Student Sophie Purton, who had invited Meredith to her home to watch a DVD on the night of her murder, told cops in leaked statements: “Meredith told me Amanda brought men back to their house, I don’t know how many.”

The 20-year-old, who is not a suspect, added: “Meredith told me in particular about one man who lives in an internet café. Meredith thought he was very strange.”

Sophie named an Argentinean man called Juve as among those Knox had picked up in bars. He has denied any relationship with the American and police are not pursuing him.

After being tracked down yesterday, he said: “I did not sleep with Amanda. We were friends and we met because she worked at Le Chic, Patrick’s bar. We sometimes danced salsa, but I have a girlfriend – nothing ever happened. “I walked her home sometimes but we didn’t have sex.”

Locals have also said Knox was known for picking up men. 'She has nothing to do with this' ...

Knox lawyer Luciano Ghirga

Disturbing internet pictures of the Seattle-raised suspect, who fantasised about drugging and raping a young woman on her MySpace site, and Sollecito have already emerged. She is seen with a machine gun, while he is seen posing as a mad doctor wielding a meat cleaver. It also emerged yesterday that a fourth person may have entered the crime scene.Forensic checks revealed that a shoe print and a fingerprint found on Meredith’s blood-soaked pillow did not correspond to those of any of the three suspects.

However police have played down the theory of a fourth attacker. A judge yesterday postponed until today a decision on whether there was enough evidence to keep the suspects in jail. Outside the prison where all three are being held, Sollecito’s lawyer Tiziano Tedeschi said: “My client is innocent. He was not at the crime scene. He was at home.” 'He was at work.. we can prove it' ... Lumumba's brief Carlo PacelliKnox’s lawyer Luciano Ghirga said: “We’ve applied for our client to be released on the grounds she has nothing to do with this case. “This is a very dramatic and tragic case. The prosecutor asked for our client to stay in custody.” Lumumba’s lawyer Carlo Pacelli said: “Patrick was not involved in this at any time. He never entered the house of horrors because he was at his place of work until 1am. “We have documentary evidence and witness testimony that he was at work as this was taking place. “He is hard-working and there is evidence to show that he was there handing out receipts. And after work he went home. “My client knew Meredith because she had asked to work at his bar. He has protested his innocence and has absolutely nothing to do with this. He’s been in prison two days and has slept soundly.” 'He is innocent, he was at home' ...

Meanwhile Lumumba’s wife Alessandra Beata Cania said yesterday: “I hope that this nightmare will finish soon. “I am sure that Patrick doesn’t have any responsibility for this. “He’s a very good person.” All three suspects face accusations of manslaughter and sexual violence.

They could be charged today. It emerged yesterday that cannabis plants were found in the garden of Knox’s and Meredith’s flat.

So some random guy gets a text saying meredith will die? Whoever sent that most likely is the mind behind the crime. And her convo with rafael? This girl is guilty and I still don't believe diya had anything to do with it.

RIP Meredith

Thread Information