Thread: Amanda Benton (29) was beaten to death during a drug deal when she was five months pregnant and she leaves behind four children

Amanda Benton (29) was beaten to death during a drug deal when she was five months pregnant and she leaves behind four children

A 16-year-old boy has been arrested after a missing pregnant woman was found burned and beaten in a vacant Detroit home.

The mother of four boys, 29-year-old Amanda Lynn Benton, was found on Friday after she hadn't been seen since Monday.

The 16-year-old is in custody but has not yet been formally charged. He is being held at a juvenile detention center and a 23-year-old male is being held on unrelated charges, but investigators say they anticipate he will also be charged in the murder case.

Benton was expecting her first daughter in just a few months. She was last seen last Monday driving her car to southwest Detroit. Family members say she was struggling with a heroin addiction.

Her purse, missing a wallet and cell phone, were found a few blocks away. Days later Family members say her body was discovered in an abandoned building at Vanderbilt and west end.

Those with any information are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.

A GoFundMe account has been set up by the family to pay for funeral expenses.

The prosecutor's office says the 16-year-old will not be arraigned Monday.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016..._four_children
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Apparently another guy is being held for her murder as well. The article (link below) said she had insurance but that none of the treatment centers accepted the kind she had. I don't understand why the county wouldn't step forward and get her into a center, considering the fact that she was breaking the law by using while pregnant. It doesn't say how many fathers are involved (she had four boys and a daughter on the way). I'm wondering if she had a drug debt and that's why her corpse was burned.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...09439293-story

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Apparently another guy is being held for her murder as well. The article (link below) said she had insurance but that none of the treatment centers accepted the kind she had. I don't understand why the county wouldn't step forward and get her into a center, considering the fact that she was breaking the law by using while pregnant. It doesn't say how many fathers are involved (she had four boys and a daughter on the way). I'm wondering if she had a drug debt and that's why her corpse was burned.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...09439293-story
    Sometimes counties would only send people to just detox, and not really give them treatment. She may have been hiding her addiction, or simply didn't want help or know how/know it was possible to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Sometimes counties would only send people to just detox, and not really give them treatment. She may have been hiding her addiction, or simply didn't want help or know how/know it was possible to stop.
    It sucks that they're willing to turn addicts into criminals but they won't offer them any help. The article said that she had family members (father, brother, etc.), so hopefully the four boys will be taken care of. I hope they don't have to be separated.

So very sad. Addiction sucks.

I had a hell of a time finding a place that was available to take me right away AND that my insurance would accept. A lot of places my insurance would accept didn't have room available, it was so frustrating. I ended up going to Mountain Vista Farms which ended up saving my life and being such an awesome place. Only thing that sucked was after 10 days I was informed my insurance stopped covering me because they considered me "good" and I had to pay $10,000 if I wanted to stay the full 30 days (to pay the other 20 days), so my in-laws paid $2000 and my dad paid $8000. Am lucky.

One of the guys who was there when I was, passed away from a drug overdose the other night He was so sweet and funny and smart (I called him Sheldon from Big Bang Theory cuz he reminded me of him). He coined out after 30 days and planned to stay clean from heroin, but kept slipping. He attended a few meetings at the Farm and was pretty messed up but was determined to get clean again. Obviously that didn't happen. RIP Jesse...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So very sad. Addiction sucks.

I had a hell of a time finding a place that was available to take me right away AND that my insurance would accept. A lot of places my insurance would accept didn't have room available, it was so frustrating. I ended up going to Mountain Vista Farms which ended up saving my life and being such an awesome place. Only thing that sucked was after 10 days I was informed my insurance stopped covering me because they considered me "good" and I had to pay $10,000 if I wanted to stay the full 30 days (to pay the other 20 days), so my in-laws paid $2000 and my dad paid $8000. Am lucky.

One of the guys who was there when I was, passed away from a drug overdose the other night He was so sweet and funny and smart (I called him Sheldon from Big Bang Theory cuz he reminded me of him). He coined out after 30 days and planned to stay clean from heroin, but kept slipping. He attended a few meetings at the Farm and was pretty messed up but was determined to get clean again. Obviously that didn't happen. RIP Jesse...
    I'm glad you were able to get things worked out. It seems like big business but the ones who seem to have the most success are the ones in the price range you mentioned, and not the $50K a month, where the rich and famous fake their way through. I'm sorry about Sheldon.

I can't get over the fecundity of many of these addicts. A) How do they sustain pregnancies with their lifestyle and B) Why do they sustain pregnancies with their lifestyle. It's more criminal than anything they do to themselves and each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellejarre View Post
    I can't get over the fecundity of many of these addicts. A) How do they sustain pregnancies with their lifestyle and B) Why do they sustain pregnancies with their lifestyle. It's more criminal than anything they do to themselves and each other.
    I don't get it either. At only 29 years of age to have four kids and one on the way??? I mean there are so many opportunities for free birth control these days, I don't understand why she would keep getting pregnant. I know that things happen that are beyond our control, but its really not that hard NOT to get knocked up. I feel bad for the kids.

Meanwhile, I'm healthy and drug free and struggling to get pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I'm sorry. My oldest son and his wife haven't been able to get pregnant either. I hope things change for you.

You just read about people like this while your doctor is like DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT A GLASS OF WINE and you're like

Me too. Though I do get pregnant but can't seem to stay that way. My toilet bowl is an embryo graveyard. I feel strangely jealous of these addicts because they get to carry babies to term.

You just read about people like this while your doctor is like DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT A GLASS OF WINE and you're like
    Must be infuriating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Thread Information