Thread: Guillermo Mendez (25) drowned after driving his vehicle into a golf course pond

Olivia

Guillermo Mendez (25) drowned after driving his vehicle into a golf course pond

I am considering investing in one of those window smashing hammers after seeing these two deaths.  The parallels between the two deaths are spooky.

'Traffic Sgt. Greta Woyciehowsky said Mendez had called his parents on a cell phone and told them his vehicle was sinking into the pond.'

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/11/07/Guillermo_Mendez_(25)_drowned_after_driving_his_ve hicle_into_a_golf_course_pond

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/10/30/Bethany_Wear_(20)_drowned_after_crashing_her_boyfr iend_s_SUV_into_a_pond

Re: Guillermo Mendez (25) drowned after driving his vehicle into a golf course p

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=10776.msg598552#msg598552 date=1194369828]
    I am considering investing in one of those window smashing hammers after seeing these two deaths.  The parallels between the two deaths are spooky.

'Traffic Sgt. Greta Woyciehowsky said Mendez had called his parents on a cell phone and told them his vehicle was sinking into the pond.'

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/11/07/Guillermo_Mendez_(25)_drowned_after_driving_his_ve hicle_into_a_golf_course_pond

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/10/30/Bethany_Wear_(20)_drowned_after_crashing_her_boyfr iend_s_SUV_into_a_pond

[/quote]

I'm with you.

As soon as I read the title, Bethany's article popped into my head. 

I don't care how weird it may seem, but I do believe I'm getting of those hammers.  It's going under my probable worst-case-scenarios that I will be prepared for. 

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

the color nine

Re: Guillermo Mendez (25) drowned after driving his vehicle into a golf course pond

It's strange that his parents didn't call 911 immediately.  I wonder if they will ever release the call  and response times.  Drowning, to me is the worse way to die.  I have a window punch on my keychain.  Hell I've even thought of carrying a small canister of oxygen but my luck being what it is I would get in a accident and the canister would explode and kill me.

RIP Guillermo

Re: Guillermo Mendez (25) drowned after driving his vehicle into a golf course p

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=10776.msg598568#msg598568 date=1194370675]
    It's strange that his parents didn't call 911 immediately.  I wonder if they will ever release the call  and response times.  Drowning, to me is the worse way to die.  I have a window punch on my keychain.  Hell I've even thought of carrying a small canister of oxygen but my luck being what it is I would get in a accident and the canister would explode and kill me.

RIP Guillermo

[/quote]

Good to know; I'm getting one.

I remember back in the 80s my aunt and cousin were coming home from all things - getting Milli Vanilli tickets. It was icy out and my aunt's car skidded off the road and into a huge water-filled/icy covered ditch.  The got out through the trunk but you could only see the antenna sticking out of the water.

Drowning is one of my biggest fears.  It just seems like you would be so aware of what's going on and what's going to happen. Eff that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

Re: Guillermo Mendez (25) drowned after driving his vehicle into a golf course pond

The similarities with Bethany Wear's death are spooky.

It seems odd that his parents didn't call the emergency services as soon as they received that call.  Maybe they were so desperate to get to him that they didn't think of it.  Panic can make people irrational.

I'm terrified of water and I can't think of many things worse than being trapped in a sinking car.

RIP Guillermo

Thread Information