Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Akiko 'Aki' Yamaguchi (18) committed suicide by jumping from the 23rd floor of her building

Lol, rachy. You can also find that from a different pdf:

http://www.ncnp.go.jp/nimh/pdf/h17.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by National Institute of Mental Health and National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry[/QUOTE
    Toshihiko Matsumoto, Akiko Yamaguchi, Takeshi Asami, Atsushi Kamijo, Eizo Iseki, Yoshio
    Hirayasu, Kiyoshi Wada: Drug preferences in illicit drug abusers with a childhood tendency of
    attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: A study using the Wender Utah Rating Scale in a Japanese
    prison. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 59: 311-318, 2005.
    I found that a while ago but I think it was just a coincidence and look at the way how the text was produced. Does it imply that the Aki was a doctor?

Also, I found a 'Akiko Yamaguchi' facebook account:

http://en-gb.facebook.com/akkoko

On that page, it mentions "Knows Japanese, English". Our relevant Aki could speak English and Japanese as well. This is probably a coincidence though...
    So many coincidences in the world today!! Argh.

i also used to check this site a long, long time ago. aki was my favorite. after reading these posts tonight, i googled her and found this... strange, no?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...antasiaProject

yup... anime saves the day! this should put all your questions to rest!

Akiko Yamaguchi/Star Reverie

The Magical Girl whose voluntary outting and attempted suicide uncovers the existence of Magical Girls to the world and other Magical Girls

Combat Pragmatist: How many Magical Girl's can you name that use cement trucks to kill a Monster of the Week?
    The closest would be the famously pragmatistic Homura and her oil tanker.

Driven to Suicide: What starts the whole thing off.

Iron Woobie: You feel for her, given what she has been through, but there's no denying that she can take it. usually.

New Powers as the Plot Demands: Subverted - Akiko stopped gaining powers when Damarri died. At the start of the story she's effectively fighting season 3/4 level enemies with only early season 2 equivilant powers.

Parental Abandonment: Quite literally. The Yamaguchi's thought their daughter was becoming a drug addicted delinquent, what with the unexplained injuries, missed school, being out all hours of the night etc, and basically kicked her out. It'll be interesting if they meet up again after Akiko outs herself as an MG and tries to kill herself on live TV.

Thanatos Gambit: Akiko's mindset as she prepaired to jump was this: If there are other Magical Girls out there, they'll save me, and help me. If there aren't... Then I won't have to worry about the Nightmare Factory anymore, and I'll have warned the world of their existence.

Trauma Conga Line: Non-standard example in that the Nightmare Factory's entire plan actually revolves around purposely doing this to Akiko in order to push her into the Type C ending of this trope.

Triple Shifter: Subverted somewhat in that her Magical Girl activities, and such triple shifting, are a key reason why Akiko's personal life and mental state went to hell.

Willfully Weak: When she realized that the Nightmare Factory's nightmares were just as strong as she was, Akiko began scaling back on her abilities and became more of a Combat Pragmatist instead.

So. Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    So. Confused.
    you are correct to be confused by my post. i posed an explanation with a link, but got a message that it needed approval before being viewable; hence the crazy talk message above. let me clarify:

i just realized. i, like some, that i too used to obsess about this death, trying to find the truth to poor aki's death (or possibly life). on a whim, i googled 'akiko yamaguchi' and came up with a website discussing what looks to be a fan based anime collaboration which begins with the main character, akkiko yamaguchi, a magical girl, poised and ready to kill herself by jumping off a high rise building in tokyo.

Here is the synopsis frpm the website (http://bfp.wikia.com/wiki/BFP_Wiki)

One night in 2006, a call goes out to NHK and the Tokyo police, giving notice of a suicide jumper from the then-incomplete Tokyo Sky Tower. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be too unusual, except for one small detail: Akiko Yamaguchi, the suicide jumper, is a Magical Girl. She has fought a long, lonely war against Cults, a Circus Of Fear, and the embodiments of fear itself for years and has reached her breaking point. She transforms on live television and takes the plunge. But before she becomes a wet crimson smear on the pavement, a black-clad angel swoops in to save her - Fate Testarossa, with Nanoha Takamachi flying in shortly after.
    In response to the news that they aren't the only ones with magic in the world, Magical Girls and their support groups all around Earth come out of the woodwork and close ranks. However, the forces of darkness are not about to let this new threat balloon any further, and that's not taking into account the reactions of the rest of the world, and factions both mundane and otherwise...

also, here is the web address for more of a play-by-play... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7441415/...Fantasia_Unity

so, i ask: was akiko a magical girl, or what?

dp
    Last edited by animosity; 05-28-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Im interested, tried to follow and am too lazy to do so.

Do you mind trying to put your thoughts together in english?
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Im interested, tried to follow and am too lazy to do so.

Do you mind trying to put your thoughts together in english?
    not at all: in a nutshell - it looks like either someone took akiko's name and situation then created an anime story line with it, or the og akiko read this story line and adopted that persona.

it's a good story - if you read the last link i posted, you'll see all the similarities.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    not at all: in a nutshell - it looks like either someone took akiko's name and situation then created an anime story line with it, or the og akiko read this story line and adopted that persona.

it's a good story - if you read the last link i posted, you'll see all the similarities.
    Thank you!
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

you're very welcome, miss! i was tryna figure out how to post in this forum and i think my first 2 somehow got lost. oh, confusion! so devilishly fun...

you're very welcome, miss! i was tryna figure out how to post in this forum and i think my first 2 somehow got lost. oh, confusion! so devilishly fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

You go girl!

We have been getting a wave of smert noobs lately.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    We have been getting a wave of smert noobs lately.
    goodie! a compliment. i think...

not at all: in a nutshell - it looks like either someone took akiko's name and situation then created an anime story line with it.
    Most likely. The story was published on Oct 6, 2011. She /died/ way before that happened (March - 2006)

I still stand by my previous comment.

http://en-gb.facebook.com/akkoko

Look at her pictures and compare them to the Virtual Memorial pictures:

Current:
    https://i.imgur.com/gwU7Fci.jpg

Her 2000s picture:
    https://akiko-yamaguchi.virtual-memo...ent_2_orig.jpg

Same pose. Knows both languages. Similar personality.
    Her current age (FB) also makes sense if she was born back in 1988.

If it's not her, then shit. This is probably the greatest mystery on MDS of all time, that's for sure.

Thread Information