Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mom, 4 kids found dead in Iowa home

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

Mom, 4 kids found dead in Iowa home

http://www.kcci.com/news/15689368/detail.html

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Police said Monday that they found a woman and four children dead in an Iowa City home.

Police confirm they received a 911 call telling them to go to 629 Barrington Road around 6:30 a.m.  When they arrived officers found the door unlocked and five people dead inside.
    sponsor

The Cedar Rapids Gazette is reporting that the home is owned by Steven F. Sueppel, a former executive at Hills Bank & Trust.

Police said Sueppel was not in the home when they arrived.

Police have not yet confirmed if Sueppel is the same person indicted by a federal grand jury on Feb. 12 for bank embezzlement.  Court documents show a Steven F. Sueppel was accused of taking $559,040 from the bank from July 26, 2000 until Sept. 12, 2007.

The University of Iowa issued a campus alert about the case to students and parents by text message and by e-mail saying there is "an active shooter" is in the Iowa City area, white male in his mid-40s, tan Toyota Sienna minivan with license plate 501 BLO.  Call 911 if seen.  The alert did not appear on the school's Web site homepage.

A crash near Iowa City on Interstate 80 Monday morning involved a Toyota Sienna minivan.  Police have not yet confirmed if the two events are related.  The driver was killed in the fiery crash.

Authorities said they are having a difficult time identifying the vehicle and the occupant.

The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said they have agents in route to assist with the death investigation, but declined further comment.

Look for more information on this developing story throughout the day on KCCI-TV and here on KCCI.com.
    --
    My mad PI skills tell me the driver of that van is going to be identified as Steven Sueppel. RIP family :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Re: Mom, 4 kids found dead in Iowa home

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=13419.msg779787#msg779787 date=1206376406]
    http://www.kcci.com/news/15689368/detail.html

Police have not yet confirmed if Sueppel is the same person indicted by a federal grand jury on Feb. 12 for bank embezzlement.  Court documents show a Steven F. Sueppel was accused of taking $559,040 from the bank from July 26, 2000 until Sept. 12, 2007.
    [/quote] ummm, I'm thinking it's the same Steven F. Sueppel. 

I'm surprised he didn't just shoot himself there. Maybe he chickened out.  :|
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

I was just going to post this. My daughter works in Hills. I am so pissed at this asshole. WTF did he have to kill his family? This guy is allegedly from a well known Iowa City family. I'm sure he didn't want to go to prison but good god, why did he take out the kids.

Back in 1985 a farmer who was going to lose his farm walked into Hills bank and blew away the bank president after killing his wife and before killing another local farmer.

The pop of this town is like maybe 500 people. Must be crazy in the water supply there.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Seems like we here in Iowa get a family slaughter  about every 6 months. Either a boyfriend, son, or husband  blow the family away. :-(

Iowa, eh?  If I didn't know Jessa was in France.........

[quote author=tallboy link=topic=13419.msg780750#msg780750 date=1206417102]
    Seems like we here in Iowa get a family slaughter  about every 6 months. Either a boyfriend, son, or husband  blow the family away. :-(
    [/quote]

Well that might be a bit of an exaggeration.

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2008/03/25/ap-state-ia/d8vk1v2o0.txt

This site keeps updating regularly, so we can click on it later and it should probably have another update in due time.
    http://www.kwwl.com/News/index.php?ID=23224

Family members, business associates and the Governor of Iowa are now releasing statements in response to the tragedy in Iowa City. Police say 5 people were found dead in the Steve Sueppel home on the east side of town on Monday morning. They have now confirmed that the family's van was involved in a fiery crash on Interstate 80 near West Branch. They say an autopsy on Tuesday will confirm whether Steve Seuppel is the dead man found inside the van.

Governor Chet Culver relased a statement just before 5:00p.m.: "I extend my deepest sympathy to the family members affected by this horrific event. I urge all Iowans to keep the victims of this senseless tragedy in their thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to the victims' families and loved ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

I guess he just couldn't stand to see his wife and family go through what HE had caused, watching him on trial, probably going to prison, maybe loss of their current lifestyle. Guess what, asshole. They would have survived without your pathetic ass. Your crime was about YOU, not about them.

There is some stuff here I didn't see before.

http://www.dailyiowan.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticle&ustory_id=564ff 551-0d99-4f6f-85cb-317fef63313d

Says he left a "lengthy handwritten letter." Also says "the vehicle was engulfed in more extensive flames than is normal for a crash."

A comment after the article says Sueppel admitted to cocaine purchases.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=13419.msg781376#msg781376 date=1206447238]
    I guess he just couldn't stand to see his wife and family go through what HE had caused, watching him on trial, probably going to prison, maybe loss of their current lifestyle. Guess what, asshole. They would have survived without your pathetic ass. Your crime was about YOU, not about them.

[/quote]

Yeah.  Go ahead kill yourself.  Preferably in a way that doesn't endanger a bunch of people on their way home from work.  But why murder the rest of them????
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080325/NEWS01/80325002/1079

911 calls

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=D5&Date=20080325&Category=NEW S01&ArtNo=803240804&Ref=PH&Profile=107 9

pics

Timeline

http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080325/NEWS/248484860/1006/news

Timeline of Sueppel case
    The Gazette

Worth A Look

IOWA CITY - 8 p.m. March 23 – A family friend stopped by the Sueppels’ house and saw Steven and at least one of the children.

11:30 p.m. March 23 – Steven Sueppel left a voicemail message at his father and brother’s law firm, telling them his family “was in heaven”.

3:45 a.m. March 24 – Sueppel left a voicemail message at his former employer, Hills Bank. Investigators didn’t disclose the contents of this or other messages, but said Sueppel repeatedly apologized and gave details about two failed suicide attempts during the late night or early morning.

3:52 a.m. March 24 -- Sueppel left a message on his home voicemail.

4:01 a.m. March 24 – Sueppel left a second message on his home voicemail, investigators say after he tried to drown himself in the Iowa River.

6:29 a.m. March 24 – Sueppel dialed 911 and told an emergency dispatcher to “please” go “immediately” to 629 Barrington Rd. Police responded and found the bodies of Sueppel’s wife and four children.

6:37 a.m. March 24 – Police received a report that a man, later identified as Steven Sueppel, had crashed his minivan into a concrete support in the median on Interstate 80 at the 251 mile marker.

Asshole took long enough to off himself. Guess that was harder than killing his wife and kids.

UPDATE/A baseball bat was used

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app.../80326015/1001

Autopsy report: Iowa City wife, children died from head trauma

Iowa City residents Sheryl Sueppel and her four children died from blunt force trauma to their upper torsos and heads consistent with the use of a baseball bat, according to autopsy results released this morning.

Steven Sueppel, 42, who is believed to have killed his family late Sunday or early Monday before crashing his minivan into a concrete pillar on Interstate 80, died of blunt force trauma caused by the crash, the autopsy revealed.

"Due to Steve's lengthy note and voice mails, we had a blow-by-blow account of what happened," Iowa City Sgt. Troy Kelsay said. "The medical examiner's findings fit perfectly with those accounts. We are confident Steven Sueppel was responsible for the deaths of his wife and children and for his own death."

Carbon monoxide poisoning and/or asphyxiation did not contribute to the deaths of Sheryl, 42; Ethan, 10; Seth, 8; Mira, 5; or Eleanor, 3, despite written accounts from Steven Sueppel that he tried to kill the children with carbon monoxide.

The autopsy, completed late Tuesday in Ankeny, did not reveal specific times of the deaths, but did confirm that Sheryl Sueppel likely died first and then the children, Kelsay said.

"Three of the four children were found in beds, although it appeared one had been placed there following being beaten somewhere else," Kelsay said. The last child was found in the toy room. There were no signs of restraints used on Sheryl or the children, Kelsay said.

Iowa City Police released control the crime scene this morning, Kelsay said. The Sueppels' two-story house in the well-heeled Windsor Ridge neighborhood on Iowa City's east side will now be under control of the Sueppels' extended family, he said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Due to Steve's lengthy note and voice mails, we had a blow-by-blow account of what happened,"

This guy is burning in hell!!!

That first 911 call gave me the creeps. He gives the dispatcher the address, tells her to send someone there immediately and hangs up.

RIP Mom & Kids :(
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits "--

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-03-29-iowa-funerals_N.htm

"To Steve, I want to tell you that we truly love you," said David Kesterson of Cedar Rapids, Sheryl's brother, as he broke down in tears. "That will never, ever change."

'"'Probably the easiest thing I've had to do all week was to forgive Steve," Kesterson said.

The families decided that in death, the family members would be honored together.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/17044621.html

God's Curse on America is Irreversible - because America has persecuted His People.
    Westboro Baptist Church .
    (WBC Chronicles - Since 1955)
    3701 SW 12th Topeka, Kansas 66604 785-273-0325 GodHatesFags.com
    Monday, March 24, 2008
    NEWS RELEASE
    Thank God for six people dead in
    suspicious circumstances (5 by "an
    active shooter") in Iowa City, Iowa!
    God sent the shooter.
    In punishment for Iowa's sins, and
    in retaliatory vengeance for Iowa
    . having persecuted WBC. Dt.31:19.
    WBC to picket their funerals.
    Yes. WBC will picket their funerals in religious
    protest and warning; to wit: "Be not deceived;
    God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man
    soweth, that shall he also reap." Gal. 6:7. God
    Hates Fags! & Fag-Enablers. Ergo, God hates
    Iowa; and these 6 people died for Iowa's sins.
    Furthermore, the evil State of Iowa has
    persecuted WBC for preaching the truth to
    Iowa, and has thereby "sown the wind, and is
    reaping the whirlwind." Hos. 8:7. This
    message is to be preached in respectful, lawful
    proximity to their funerals - in full compliance
    with all laws.
    Beware of Iowa - Land of the Sodomite damned.

I hate these assholes. I so wish someone would just take them all out.

I thought Iowa was a land of corn, not cornholing.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=13419.msg788848#msg788848 date=1206843625]
    I thought Iowa was a land of corn, not cornholing.
    [/quote]

I really can't stop laughing over that Iowa, land of sodomite thing.  I'm amazed that we have even caught the attention of these idiots. Anything to get their names in the paper, I guess. 

Our team lead is a gay guy who lives in Iowa City. If he and I were on any sort of speaking terms whatsoever I would point out to him that this is all his fault.

I always forget about the death threads anymore and just saw the update on this. Unbelievable what suepple did to his family. Equally unbelievable is this westboro ridiculousness. Ughughugh.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=13419.msg788837#msg788837 date=1206842873]
    God's Curse on America is Irreversible - because America has persecuted His People.
    Westboro Baptist Church .
    (WBC Chronicles - Since 1955)
    3701 SW 12th Topeka, Kansas 66604 785-273-0325 GodHatesFags.com
    Monday, March 24, 2008
    NEWS RELEASE
    Thank God for six people dead in
    suspicious circumstances (5 by "an
    active shooter") in Iowa City, Iowa!
    God sent the shooter.
    In punishment for Iowa's sins, and
    in retaliatory vengeance for Iowa
    . having persecuted WBC. Dt.31:19.
    WBC to picket their funerals.
    Yes. WBC will picket their funerals in religious
    protest and warning; to wit: "Be not deceived;
    God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man
    soweth, that shall he also reap." Gal. 6:7. God
    Hates beavers! & beaver-Enablers. Ergo, God hates
    Iowa; and these 6 people died for Iowa's sins.
    Furthermore, the evil State of Iowa has
    persecuted WBC for preaching the truth to
    Iowa, and has thereby "sown the wind, and is
    reaping the whirlwind." Hos. 8:7. This
    message is to be preached in respectful, lawful
    proximity to their funerals - in full compliance
    with all laws.
    Beware of Iowa - Land of the Sodomite damned.

I hate these assholes. I so wish someone would just take them all out.

[/quote]

i feel stupid. i have no idea what this means
    <br /><br />All your sanity and your wits, they will all vanish i promise, it&#39;s just a matter of time.

[quote author=Crystalofthedead link=topic=13419.msg789199#msg789199 date=1206859852]
    i feel stupid. i have no idea what this means
    [/quote]

You mean other than the fact that the people of the Westboro Baptist Church are severely fucked in the head? I think after you know that, anything else they say is just entertainment.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=13419.msg789248#msg789248 date=1206879448]
    You mean other than the fact that the people of the Westboro Baptist Church are severely fucked in the head? I think after you know that, anything else they say is just entertainment.
    [/quote]

yeah true. i'm not sure how gays mix in with a dead family
    <br /><br />All your sanity and your wits, they will all vanish i promise, it&#39;s just a matter of time.

[quote author=Crystalofthedead link=topic=13419.msg789515#msg789515 date=1206910969]
    [/quote]

Hey hey hey.&nbsp; Gays mix with dead soldiers, dead college students, dead actors, earthquakes...

http://www.godhateswbc.com/

besides this is local for fred, only a 5 hour trip...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=Crystalofthedead link=topic=13419.msg789515#msg789515 date=1206910969]
    [/quote]

In one article I read an officer with the Iowa City PD was quoted as saying he believed it was because of Iowa City's liberal stance on homosexuals. It's what they get for not hating gays. At the time of that particular press release I posted, though, the facts weren't really known and it was thought some lunatic with a gun was on the loose.

It was the hope and the belief of the Westboro Baptist Church that all of Iowa was being punished because there are gay people here, I guess.

As it turned out it was a lunatic with a baseball bat and he was only doing the right thing for his family by helping them avoid embarrassment for his crimes.

i hope that site wasn't serious

[quote author=Crystalofthedead link=topic=13419.msg789525#msg789525 date=1206911637]
    i hope that site wasn't serious
    [/quote]

Which site?

godhateswbc.com

it's not, one of the pages says it's just a parody site

Thread Information