Thread: A different view of this site

A different view of this site

Well lots of people are pissed about this site but I actually think its quite a good site and like it and.
    Not for the ghoulish and morbid way others might like here

Its not really ghoulish and the pieces that are written by the actual site staff are quite respectful its not like findadeath dot com.

Its not heavily judgmental its doesn't poke fun.

People set up things like my spaces because they want the world to know them when their alive.
    this site serves as a kind of memorial site after they lose their lives.
    there is actually quite a lot to learn from this site to , you see the very sad cases like those of Audri the girl who died of lupus and other countless similar tear inducingÂ* cases and you suddenely learn that you need to make the most of life and those loved and like ones about you because no one gets a gaurentee of growing old you or your loved ones could easily die young die far too soon.

I don't get judgmetal about the suicides either since we can't really know what has gone on in their lives that have driven them to that hopeless desperateÂ* point.

Some people say the comments are tastless do they mean comments on here ? well its doubtful that they are anymore tasteless than comments on my space itself the comments by theÂ* site staff here tend to be factual and respectful .
    Thats the other thing I learned from cases here,Â* something about the net is that you can get to know someone instantly in a way you never could in offline life, just reading that Audris blogs it was plain she was a fun and nice person that brought a joy to peoples lives even when she knew she was dying she showed more concern for the stress and trouble she was causing others than for her own suffering.

So on the whole I think this site is very cool it helps keep the memories of these people alive in a way thats only usually done for the very famous.

Bad points about this site? I guess a lot of peoples bad reaction is often simply down to the irreverant name, maybe if you had called it my memorial space instead of my deathspace then people might have seen the sites good points and features and possible intent and potential rather than automatically seeing the worst possibilties in the site..

And the killers I think you should have a different catagory or section for them or even entire site for them since they don't deserve to be named alongside the tragic cases like Audri and co.

But on the whole I think this site is or could be a good thing because it acts as a memoerial and keeps the memories alive and tells the stories of people whose passing the world would ignore and forget about otherwise.

Re: A different view of this site

Â* Â*
    Â* Â* Â*I think this is a very good idea for a blog site as we all die sometime. I have made out my will and IÂ* am a body donor for Gunther von Hagens so I know what will happen to my remains. Life is short and we should enjoy it while we can.

Re: A different view of this site

I'd second that, this site has allowed me to gain an insight into people who are like me but no longer here, but thanks to MDS  they still are in a way through their friends posts and that. Otherwise I would never have been aware of these wonderful (and wicked) peoples' existences. It's like a convergence of the temporal and etheral.
    'bow down to your reptillian overlords'

Thread Information