Thread: Brittany Hicks (16) and her boyfriend both passed away from suspected drug or alcohol overdoses

Brittany Hicks (16) and her boyfriend both passed away from suspected drug or alcohol overdoses

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/11/02/Brittany_Hicks_(16)_and_her_boyfriend_both_passed_ away_from_suspected_drug_or_alcohol_overdoses

They are from my hometown... I happened to stumble across a facebook memorial page for them:

http://kennesaw.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5418226709 (Britanny and Brett)
    http://kennesaw.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4564140487 (just Brittany)

It sounds like drugs to me... maybe an overdose or an accident? 

comment from a friend on Brittanys memorial page:

RIP BRITTANY! you were taken from us too soon! Seriously, we all (including me) need to start thinkin about what we put into our bodies. There really is people out there who care about us and would be devestated if anything happend to us. Stick to what comes from the Earth and call a cab if needed!

i can not find ANY other info!?!?  not even an obit.  HALP!!!!!!!!!!!!  if i could take an educated guess... it would be oxycontin.  kids are dying from that shit left and right around here.

RIP Brittany and Brett.
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

Senior Member firefighterst1426's Avatar

Re: Brittany Hicks (16) and her boyfriend both passed away from suspected drug or alcohol overdoses

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=9506.msg508028#msg508028 date=1187713471]
    They are from my hometown... I happened to stumble across a facebook memorial page for them:

It sounds like drugs to me... maybe an overdose or an accident?&nbsp;

RIP BRITTANY! you were taken from us too soon! Seriously, we all (including me) need to start thinkin about what we put into our bodies. There really is people out there who care about us and would be devestated if anything happend to us. Stick to what comes from the Earth and call a cab if needed!

i can not find ANY other info!?!?&nbsp; not even an obit.&nbsp; HALP!!!!!!!!!!!!&nbsp; if i could take an educated guess... it would be oxycontin.&nbsp; kids are dying from that shit left and right around here.

RIP Brittany and Brett.
    [/quote]

Wow, that's like 90 miles from my house.&nbsp; RIP Brittany and Brett.&nbsp; I'll start digging and see what I can find.

Re: Brittany Hicks (16) and her boyfriend both passed away from suspected drug or alcohol overdoses

WOOOOOOOOOT!&nbsp; solved. :)

[i]Two teenagers were found dead inside a Cobb County home Monday afternoon, but police do not think they were killed or committed suicide.

&quot;What we'll be looking at in the autopsy is, what did they consume?&quot; said Cobb police Sgt. Dana Pierce. Authorities think the couple may have overdosed.
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

Don't do drugs, and you might actually stay alive!

Judging by that comment..

Oh, it's already solved. Anybody have any sleuthing MySpace skills?

Olivia

Moved over from additional info.

I could not find any new articles confirming how they both died.

Re: Brittany Hicks (16) and her boyfriend both passed away from suspected drug o

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=9506.msg508028#msg508028 date=1187713471]
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/11/02/Brittany_Hicks_(16)_and_her_boyfriend_both_passed_ away_from_suspected_drug_or_alcohol_overdoses

It sounds like drugs to me... maybe an overdose or an accident?&nbsp;

i can not find ANY other info!?!?&nbsp; not even an obit.&nbsp; HALP!!!!!!!!!!!!&nbsp; if i could take an educated guess... it would be oxycontin.&nbsp; kids are dying from that shit left and right around here.

RIP Brittany and Brett.
    [/quote]
    A couple of years ago I read that 6 out of 10 adults in the Appalachian Mtns. were addicted to PRESCRIBED oxycontin. My brother is on that shit for back pain. I think he could find a better way to take care of the pain, personally. He is only 5% disabled in his back-exercise would take care of that.

Thanks, Olivia!

i'm gonna ask around since i'm from the same area... someone has to know something!

Re: Brittany Hicks (16) and her boyfriend both passed away from suspected drug o

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=9506.msg591896#msg591896 date=1193939643]
    A couple of years ago I read that 6 out of 10 adults in the Appalachian Mtns. were addicted to PRESCRIBED oxycontin. My brother is on that shit for back pain. I think he could find a better way to take care of the pain, personally. He is only 5% disabled in his back-exercise would take care of that.

[/quote]

It's such an over-prescribed medication these days.&nbsp; Once all the side effects, including potential liver damage, of the standard pain medications, such as Vicodin and Norco, came to light, all of a sudden doctors were putting all their pain patients on Oxy because it &quot;won't be so deleterious on the liver.&quot;

Of course, what they won't initially educate you on when they switch you over is how highly addictive it is, how if you run out there's a very good chance you'll be on the floor having a seizure, and how easy it is to overdose on it.&nbsp; I was lucky enough to have a good pain management doctor who tried me on it AFTER explaining all of the above to me.&nbsp; I knew what to expect, I knew better than to take too much (not only to avoid overdosing but also to avoid running out and making a spectacle of myself by having a seizure in a public place), and I took it as prescribed.&nbsp;

It's a great drug used appropriately, if you can keep it down.&nbsp; After a couple of weeks on it, I would have random episodes of vomiting when one of the time-released doses kicked in.&nbsp; I'd rather bare my ass at high noon in the mall parking lot than vomit in front of someone, so I switched back to Vicodin/Norco and just have my liver enzymes monitored.&nbsp;

If this was an Oxy overdose, it's too bad these two kids didn't know how very, very easy it is for anyone to underestimate the power of this drug.

RIP Brittany and Brett

Why would they keep mentioning suicide in the article?

[quote author=missberi link=topic=9506.msg593331#msg593331 date=1194010642]
    Why would they keep mentioning suicide in the article?
    [/quote]

what do you mean?&nbsp; what article?

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=9506.msg593354#msg593354 date=1194011134]
    what do you mean?&nbsp; what article?
    [/quote]

On the main page.&nbsp; i don't want to post the whole thing cause I think only premies can view now.

Police do not think they were killed or committed suicide.

Police did not find a suicide note, nor were there any signs of injuries on the bodies.

[quote author=missberi link=topic=9506.msg593719#msg593719 date=1194024597]
    On the main page.&nbsp; i don't want to post the whole thing cause I think only premies can view now.

Police do not think they were killed or committed suicide.

Police did not find a suicide note, nor were there any signs of injuries on the bodies.
    [/quote]

oh, ok.

i was like, there is no article!&nbsp; but you meant the mds one.&nbsp; durh.

i'm not really sure... i guess because it's not common for two people to OD at the same time?!&nbsp; i mean, unless they got a bad batch or whatever.&nbsp; i wish i knew more.&nbsp; i'm still trying to find people that i know that actually knew her. :|

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=9506.msg593734#msg593734 date=1194024875]
    oh, ok.

i was like, there is no article!&nbsp; but you meant the mds one.&nbsp; durh.

i'm not really sure... i guess because it's not common for two people to OD at the same time?!&nbsp; i mean, unless they got a bad batch or whatever.&nbsp; i wish i knew more.&nbsp; i'm still trying to find people that i know that actually knew her. :|
    [/quote]

I am sure thats what the case is.&nbsp; It was prolly heroin.&nbsp; My friend got a bad batch and died...

Okay,&nbsp; if I came home on a Sunday and my son's door was locked I wouldn't wait till sometime Monday to check it out.&nbsp; But then again I hear every little noise and I would notice if he went pee in the middle of the night or went down to the kitchen.&nbsp; If I didn't hear or see him during the night I would be banging on the door.
    I wonder how much time elapsed from when they arrived home Sunday evening until they went into the room to find them dead?&nbsp; I'm not saying that this would have saved them I just think it's odd to arrive home after being out of town and not check on others who live with me.
    Maybe I am weird but when my kids come and go or I come and go we usually exchange a &quot;hi&quot; or an &quot;I'm home&quot; or &quot;goodbye&quot; even if it's through a door.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

I don't know why they didn't put up her boyfriends myspace.
    Here it is:

http://www.myspace.com/jefflunce&nbsp;

That's him.

She changed her relationship status to Divorced and her name is &quot;I dOnT nEed AnOtheR hAlf 2 mAke Me&quot;
    Uh, yea, that
    s how these people write.&nbsp;
    The breakfast of champions.

Hmmmm.
    She ALSO has another profile. This one is private and at his number #1 spot.

http://www.myspace.com/b_hicks420

All these kids did was drink and get high.
    The breakfast of champions.

[quote author=Disgustipated link=topic=9506.msg594740#msg594740 date=1194076830]
    Here it is:

That's him.

She changed her relationship status to Divorced and her name is &quot;I dOnT nEed AnOtheR hAlf 2 mAke Me&quot;
    Uh, yea, that
    s how these people write.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/quote]

I thought his name was Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

I'm sorry they're dead, but it surprises me nobody mentioned the disgusting degree to which this young girl looked like a whore.&nbsp; What kind of parents let their child go out of the house looking like that?&nbsp; Even for Halloween (or what I assume is such), she was dressed up as a slutty nurse.&nbsp; Fine for an adult female, but a 16 year old CHILD?????&nbsp; Jesus, the parents are fucked up for allowing that.&nbsp; I believe this behavior, the turning a blind eye to the sexualization of our youth, plays a major role in why their has been such a rise in sex crimes committed against minors.

[quote author=morbidcorpse link=topic=9506.msg594875#msg594875 date=1194108171]
    I'm sorry they're dead, but it surprises me nobody mentioned the disgusting degree to which this young girl looked like a whore.&nbsp; What kind of parents let their child go out of the house looking like that?&nbsp; Even for Halloween (or what I assume is such), she was dressed up as a slutty nurse.&nbsp; Fine for an adult female, but a 16 year old CHILD?????&nbsp; Jesus, the parents are fucked up for allowing that.&nbsp; I believe this behavior, the turning a blind eye to the sexualization of our youth, plays a major role in why their has been such a rise in sex crimes committed against minors.
    [/quote]

She lived at the boyfriends house so I don't think the parents had any control about what she would be wearing.&nbsp; The relationship was obviously not a very good one or maybe they were going through a rough time.&nbsp; Teenagers can be brutal.

Saying this girl looked like a whore is pretty insensitive considering what she looks like has nothing to do with her death.&nbsp; She looks like a lot of girls her age.&nbsp; Go to the mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Not much here (they are referring to Brittany as being 17 though)

Release Date:&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 08/15/07 @ 1015 hours

Released By:&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Sergeant Dana Pierce
    Public Information Office @ (770) 499-3910

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1)Death Investigations (08/13/07 @1719 hours in Zone 1) The Cobb County Police Department’s Crimes Against Persons Unit is investigating the deaths of a male and female discovered inside the residence at 2**9 Abbotts Glen Drive in Acworth, Georgia.

According to investigators, officers from the Uniform Division of Zone 1 were dispatched to the home on Abbotts Glen Drive, where they met with the female parent.&nbsp; She told detectives that she had to force the door open to her 18 year old son’s bedroom. When she did, she discovered that her son and his 17 year old girlfriend were deceased.

Although no signs of physical trauma were present, detectives will be waiting for toxicology results after an autopsy is completed by the Cobb County Medical Examiners Office.

Deceased:&nbsp; &nbsp; Brett May (18 year old son who lived at the residence.)
    Brittany P. Hicks (17 year old female who was also living at the home).
    &nbsp; &nbsp;
    ###

Release Date:&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 08/14/07 @ 1115 hours

Released By:&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Sergeant Dana Pierce
    Public Information Office&nbsp;

http://dps.cobbcountyga.gov/public-information-release.htm

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=9506.msg594892#msg594892 date=1194109925]
    She lived at the boyfriends house so I don't think the parents had any control about what she would be wearing.&nbsp; The relationship was obviously not a very good one or maybe they were going through a rough time.&nbsp; Teenagers can be brutal.

Saying this girl looked like a whore is pretty insensitive considering what she looks like has nothing to do with her death.&nbsp; She looks like a lot of girls her age.&nbsp; Go to the mall.
    [/quote]

Seriously. This girl is mild compared to some I've seen; some of whom have been featured on this very site.
    <br /><br />I guess I&#39;ll never understand.

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=9506.msg594139#msg594139 date=1194038026]
    Okay,&nbsp; if I came home on a Sunday and my son's door was locked I wouldn't wait till sometime Monday to check it out.&nbsp; But then again I hear every little noise and I would notice if he went pee in the middle of the night or went down to the kitchen.&nbsp; If I didn't hear or see him during the night I would be banging on the door.
    I wonder how much time elapsed from when they arrived home Sunday evening until they went into the room to find them dead?&nbsp; I'm not saying that this would have saved them I just think it's odd to arrive home after being out of town and not check on others who live with me.
    Maybe I am weird but when my kids come and go or I come and go we usually exchange a &quot;hi&quot; or an &quot;I'm home&quot; or &quot;goodbye&quot; even if it's through a door.

[/quote]

You betcha....I would too.&nbsp; If they had checked on them sooner then they may have been able to save them.......and then again they could have already been dead.

If it had been my kid I would have checked on he/she every night like I always did with my daughter.&nbsp; I just don't understand parents these days.&nbsp;

Anywho........RIP Brittney and the boy.&nbsp; :(

Oh and btw I think they got a hold of a bad batch of whatever they took.

Apparently Brittany's father is dead - murdered in the Spring of 2006 - and her mother is seriously ill with Lupus.

I don't know where the other poster gets that Brittany &quot;looks like a whore.&quot;&nbsp; I don't think she looks much different than any other girl her age.&nbsp; Eye of the beholder I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany's blog
    Thursday, May 04, 2006

My Mom

thank u so much to all the people helpin me n my family out right now...its really tough...i never in a million years woulda thought MY dad would get murdered...yall god please never take ur parents for granite i kno me n my dad were stuck to the hip...i was his lil angel his pride and joy in life...n he was always my hero the person i looked up to the most...but this past year we kinda drifted with me getting into sum trouble and him i guess loosing some faith he had in me abuot certain things...he would make me so mad sumtimes i never wanted to talk to him again but sumhow within the next hour he had me right back to his arms again...my dad was an amzing person...didnt give a fuck what ne one thought thast why i am the way i am...nver backed down to nething...cared more abut our damn animals thatn he did the family!...ne one who knew my dad knew how he was with animals he would tkae in any stray dog cat even squirels...yea we have a pet squirel...btu all through my life he loved my mom more then nething any one can ever imagine...helped her n me n my siter through EVERYTHING...if it werent for him i dont kno where would be and thast why i am so scared for my mother right now i dont kno if shes goin to make it through this she has lupas...its a kinda skin disease and it could kill her wihtin the next 2 years if she goes into the sun or stresses out and this is deffinatly a HUGE stress on her back...please pray for her...her names Nikki hicks...the best mother ne one could ever ask for...the hardest workin woman on this planet...she would do NAYTHING and EVERYTHING for her family...please yall pray for her...i appreciate all the help n food and anything else people have done...god bless everyone

---Brittany

10:23 AM - 7 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Daddy

I hope my dad rest in peace...he was the only man in my life ill ever fully trust...one of the most amazing people iev ever had the pleasure getting to kno throughout my life...he'll never be forgotten in my heart adn i kno others hearts hes touchedd as well...thank u so much to the people trying to help me and my family...please pray for my mom shes not doin really well n shes sick on top of all this...if theres ne one reading this who has been through nething like this loosing a mom or dad please write me adn try to help me figure out what to do and not do to try to make things better...im lost in my life right now...and im not sure where its gonna go...i appreciate all my freinds i love u guys so much...i really dont think i could have gotten half way to where i am without u guys...god bless everyone...

11:32 PM - 3 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

[quote author=MartiniM link=topic=9506.msg594922#msg594922 date=1194111963]
    Seriously. This girl is mild compared to some I've seen; some of whom have been featured on this very site.
    [/quote]
    she looks way older then 17. gorgeous girl, it's so sad they both passed like this. &amp;&amp; how she dresses or looks has nothing to do with how she lives/lived her life. I've seen girls who show everything but their nipples who don't drink, much less do drugs. she's dead now, so show some respect. if you got it, flaunt it.
    &#039;Give me one more medicated peaceful moment...because I don&#039;t want to feel this overwhelming hostility&#039;-apc<br /><br /><br /><br />fuuuuuuck YOU buddy ;].

[quote author=Disgustipated link=topic=9506.msg594740#msg594740 date=1194076830]
    Here it is:

That's him.

Uh, yea, that
    s how these people write.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/quote]

So is this really his myspace? I can add it to the article.

I was looking at all the MySpaces and Facebook and feeling really judgmental until I read those blogs.

Thread Information