Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Montgomery (36) murdered Bobbie Jo Stinnett (23) and cut her baby from her womb; Lisa was given the death penalty

Lisa Montgomery (36) murdered Bobbie Jo Stinnett (23) and cut her baby from her womb; Lisa was given the death penalty

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The husband of a woman accused of killing a pregnant woman and cutting the baby from her womb said he didn't think it was strange when his wife called him to say she had given birth and asked him to pick up her and the baby at a fast food restaurant.

"I knew she didn't like hospitals and doctors," said Kevin Montgomery as he described meeting his wife and the newborn in the parking lot of a Long John Silver's in Topeka, Kan.

The testimony came Tuesday in the federal trial of Lisa Montgomery, who is accused of killing Bobbie Jo Stinnett, 23, and crudely cutting the baby from her womb on Dec. 16, 2004. Montgomery, 39, was arrested the next day while showing off the baby in her hometown of Melvern, Kan.

Kevin Montgomery said he and his wife showed off the newborn that day at a diner, bank, courthouse and the convenience store where Lisa worked.

He also testified about Lisa Montgomery's two previous faked pregnancies. The first time, he said, she told him she was going to New Mexico to have an abortion. The second time, he said, Lisa told him there was something wrong with the baby and she had donated the baby's body to science.

Kevin Montgomery said a relative had told him Lisa Montgomery couldn't have any more children because she had had a tubal ligation. But Kevin Montgomery said he didn't understand the term.

He said he became frustrated when Lisa told him not to go to prenatal doctor appointments. But he said she had gained weight and he had no reason to doubt she was pregnant.

Kevin Montgomery also testified he had nothing to do with the killing. He said he remains married to Lisa Montgomery and wore his wedding ring in the courtroom.

"Do I love my wife? Yes," he said.

Earlier Tuesday, Kevin Montgomery's former wife, Lori Colwell, testified that Lisa Montgomery had announced three fake pregnancies to family and friends in the years leading up to Stinnett's slaying.

Colwell said that when she heard about Lisa Montgomery's pregnancy in 2004, her response was: "Here we go again. I didn't believe her."

Colwell also testified that her former husband has poor social skills and is easily manipulated. Colwell said she tried to persuade Kevin Montgomery to bring Lisa Montgomery to a doctor so he would realize she wasn't pregnant. An appointment was set up, Colwell said, but Lisa Montgomery canceled it.

Several dog breeders, who knew Lisa Montgomery because she raised rat terriers, testified that she had told them she was pregnant with twins but lost one. In a letter to the breeders on Dec. 13, three days before the killing, Montgomery said she was going to be induced on Dec. 16. "Please be thinking of our family over the next few days," the e-mail said.

One of the breeders, Darla Ailey, testified that she had seen Lisa Montgomery at a dog show in October 2004 and that she didn't look very pregnant. Ailey said her husband and a few others had teased her about her small belly and she said she never showed. Ailey said Montgomery told them she planned to give birth at home and bought a home birthing kit and looked into how to get a birth certificate.

Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty if Montgomery is convicted of kidnapping resulting in death. She has pleaded not guilty, and her lawyers are pursuing an insanity defense. Besides convicting or acquitting her, jurors have the option of finding her not guilty by reason of insanity.

If Montgomery is found not guilty by reason of insanity, a judge would decide if she will be released or committed to a mental institution. She would undergo a mental evaluation, then go before a judge who would determine if she is well enough to be released, or must receive more treatment.

If Montgomery is found to be a threat, she would be held until a judge determines she has made enough progress to be released.
    http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/laworder/story/58755BADFB318C858625736F00599D99?OpenDocument

Re: Baby-cut-from-womb suspect's husband said he did not know his wife faked 3 preg

it takes a true nucking futjob to cut open someone and take their baby.  she totally planned this out and knew what she was doing... the crazy part is when she thought shed just away with it.  she deserves every second she gets behind bars and every fisting from Big Bertha.

deliberate_misuse

Re: Baby-cut-from-womb suspect's husband said he did not know his wife faked 3 preg

She's crazy, for sure, but her husband is one dumb fuck!

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=10355.msg564523#msg564523 date=1191973006]
    [/quote]

This was exactly what I was thinking after reading that article.  I dunno about the wife though.  She must be a bit crazy to think she could get away with this and no one would realise but she was sane enough to plan it.

Re: Baby-cut-from-womb suspect's husband said he did not know his wife faked 3 p

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=10355.msg564523#msg564523 date=1191973006]
    [/quote]

No kidding. Good grief, how dumb can you get?

The town this happened in, Skidmore, Missouri, totally creeps me out. It's a tiny little town of maybe 300 or 400 people but it's had several really weirdo things happen there.

There was Ken Rex McElroy who bullied and terrorized the town for years until someone finally popped him right on the main street of the town with half the population in the area and nobody saw a thing and it was never solved.

Then there is a teenage boy missing from there under some weird circumstances that I can't recall right off hand.

Then there was poor Bobbie Jo who lost her baby to some lunatic.

RIP Bobbie Jo, burn crazy killer lady, get help stupid husband.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

What a dumbass this husband is.
    She faked 2 pregnancies and didn't go to the hospital to have this one didn't he find this strange?

There's a really good book out there about this case by M. William Phelps, called Murder in the Heartland.

http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Heartla...729&sr=1-2

He paints Kevin Montgomery as being a good guy but incredibly naive and clueless to the extreme.

deeply shaded, he also explores the McElroy case in the book too.
    <br /><br />I guess I&#39;ll never understand.

Re: Baby-cut-from-womb suspect's husband said he did not know his wife faked 3 p

[quote author=MartiniM link=topic=10355.msg564745#msg564745 date=1191979883]
    There's a really good book out there about this case by M. William Phelps, called Murder in the Heartland.

http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Heartla...729&amp;sr=1-2

He paints Kevin Montgomery as being a good guy but incredibly naive and clueless to the extreme.

deeply shaded, he also explores the McElroy case in the book too.
    [/quote]

I'll have to check that book out. There is another book on the McElroy case I read quite a few years ago. I can't recall the name right now.&nbsp;

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=10355.msg564613#msg564613 date=1191975571]
    Then there is a teenage boy missing from there under some weird circumstances that I can't recall right off hand.
    [/quote]
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid =136043912
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=10355.msg564842#msg564842 date=1191982789]
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid =136043912

[/quote]

:-o :-o :-o

According to that myspace, the missing boy and the dead baby mother are cousins!!!

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=10355.msg564865#msg564865 date=1191983986]
    :-o :-o :-o

According to that myspace, the missing boy and the dead baby mother are cousins!!!
    [/quote]

We're talking about small town Missouri here. They're all cousins.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=10355.msg565524#msg565524 date=1192028002]
    [/quote]
    &nbsp; +1

That was my theory as to why the town has so many weird happenings.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=10355.msg565524#msg565524 date=1192028002]
    [/quote]

it's amazing how simply crossing the border in southern iowa is literally walking into a new world.&nbsp;

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=10355.msg565530#msg565530 date=1192028674]
    it's amazing how simply crossing the border in southern iowa is literally walking into a new world.&nbsp;
    [/quote]
    Same for NY. There are places upstate and on Long Island where you could go, and you'd think you'd walked into a scene from 'Deliverence'

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=10355.msg565533#msg565533 date=1192028826]
    Same for NY. There are places upstate and on Long Island where you could go, and you'd think you'd walked into a scene from 'Deliverence'
    [/quote]

60 miles north of NYC they bury their kin in the front yard.&nbsp;

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=10355.msg565533#msg565533 date=1192028826]
    [/quote]

i do a lot of mortgage lending in NY, i think some of the folks who have purchased $35k homes through me were in the movie 'deliverence.'&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp;

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=10355.msg565534#msg565534 date=1192028886]
    60 miles north of NYC they bury their kin in the front yard.&nbsp;
    [/quote]
    [quote author=emmieslost link=topic=10355.msg565536#msg565536 date=1192028950]
    i do a lot of mortgage lending in NY, i think some of the folks who have purchased $35k homes through me were in the movie 'deliverence.'&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp;
    [/quote]
    35k homes!?!? You can't get a NYC parking spot for 1000x that much.

More reassons why I won't travel to places that don't have public transportation. If it ain't a city, I ain't going.

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=10355.msg565530#msg565530 date=1192028674]
    [/quote]

You know what they say. If Iowa would give the bottom tier of its counties (I'm one county above that, thankyouverymuch) to Missouri it would raise the IQ of both states.&nbsp; :lol:

Skidmore is only about 30 minutes south of the state line, I think. I've thought of taking a road trip down just to look at the place but haven't made it yet. If I do, I'll take pictures for ya all!

[/quote]
    boy isn't that the truth?&nbsp; he knew she didn't like hospitals?? holy shit...would you like fries with the umbilical cord ma'am?&nbsp; i hope that bitch gets the shit beaten out of her everyday of the rest of her miserable life.&nbsp; imagine if those two ignorant inbred idiots had managed to conceive?&nbsp;

[quote author=MAVEN link=topic=10355.msg565564#msg565564 date=1192030087]
    boy isn't that the truth?&nbsp; he knew she didn't like hospitals?? holy shit...would you like fries with the umbilical cord ma'am?&nbsp; i hope that bitch gets the shit beaten out of her everyday of the rest of her miserable life.&nbsp; imagine if those two ignorant inbred idiots had managed to conceive?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

The world would become a dumber place??&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=MAVEN link=topic=10355.msg565564#msg565564 date=1192030087]
    [/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzmYUjCNpk8
    [youtube=425,350]KzmYUjCNpk8[/youtube]

:2wave:

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=10355.msg564613#msg564613 date=1191975571]
    [/quote]

From wikipedia:

Details of Disappearance: Branson was last seen by his friend on April 11, 2001 at approximately 3:00 p.m. They were cleaning house for his father before he came home from the hospital. He told his friend he was putting jumper cables in the shed &amp; would be right back. He has not been seen since. He left behind his van and personal belongings. The jumper cables weren't in the shed, but a few days later, they were placed there by an unknown person.&nbsp; :-o

That is really creepy, like the murderer just went back on their property to hang them there. That freaks me out.

[quote author=habibyalby link=topic=10355.msg570320#msg570320 date=1192321663]
    From wikipedia:

Details of Disappearance: Branson was last seen by his friend on April 11, 2001 at approximately 3:00 p.m. They were cleaning house for his father before he came home from the hospital. He told his friend he was putting jumper cables in the shed &amp; would be right back. He has not been seen since. He left behind his van and personal belongings. The jumper cables weren't in the shed, but a few days later, they were placed there by an unknown person.&nbsp; :-o

That is really creepy, like the murderer just went back on their property to hang them there. That freaks me out.
    [/quote]

I warn my students about this.

Don't use wikipedia as a reliable source.&nbsp; Your local newspaper is bad enough.&nbsp; At least with that you know who wrote the article and can challenge them or hold them accountable in some way.&nbsp;

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=10355.msg570601#msg570601 date=1192363729]
    I warn my students about this.

Don't use wikipedia as a reliable source.&nbsp; Your local newspaper is bad enough.&nbsp; At least with that you know who wrote the article and can challenge them or hold them accountable in some way.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I totally agree about the wikipeadia thing.&nbsp; However the family have set up a website regarding Branson's disappearence at www.bransonperry.com and his mother explains what happened the day Branson vanished.&nbsp; She talks about those jump leads too.&nbsp; It's an interesting read and a heartbreaking story.

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=10355.msg570605#msg570605 date=1192363975]
    I totally agree about the wikipeadia thing.&nbsp; However the family have set up a website regarding Branson's disappearence at www.bransonperry.com and his mother explains what happened the day Branson vanished.&nbsp; She talks about those jump leads too.&nbsp; It's an interesting read and a heartbreaking story.
    [/quote]

And far more credible of a source than wikipedia.&nbsp; Link it?

Thread Information