Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New website format coming soon!

New website format coming soon!

Hey everyone, I will start posting under the "Site Improvements" thread to let you know what the progress is on the new website format. We are hoping to launch the new format sometime in October.

I am currently re-loading ALL the deaths to the new format. I'm able to post about 20 deaths per hour. So far I'm up to Death #141.

Joel has spent countless hours creating the new format and I'm positive you will all love it.

A few of the new features:

• [li]There will be no more "Page 10 Problem" !!! All deaths will be easily accessible[/li]
      [li]We are bringing back the commenting system. However, you will need to register on the forum in order to leave comments. That way we can delete "naughty" comments easily and ban people who are assholes. Under a new death, the comment section searches the "Death" thread on the forum and loads whatever comments people have made about that particular death. You can then click on the comment and it will take you to a specific thread about the death. If there isn't a thread started about a particular death (many of the older deaths do not have threads), you will be able to start a new thread where everyone can comment.[/li]
      [li]Two words. Death Map! We are very excited about this feature. Use your imagination.Â* :-D[/li]
      [li]It will be easier for me to post deaths. So the updates will be more often and contain MORE deaths.[/li]

I will provide further updates as we get closer to the new format launch!Â* Thanks for all your support!

PS - Wristbands are STILL available.Â* Â*:lol:Â* Purchase Here! 

Re: New website format coming soon!

yay    :-)
    People used to think that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, ...only sometimes the crow brings that soul back to set the wrong things right.<br />

I hear you can only access the new format if you have a wristband on.&nbsp; So order a bunch now! ;)

can you only pay thru paypal?
    People used to think that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, ...only sometimes the crow brings that soul back to set the wrong things right.<br />

[quote author=woot link=topic=1584.msg54372#msg54372 date=1158800335]
    can you only pay thru paypal?

[/quote]

Nah I just paid with any credit card...

I am so excited about the new site layout!! This is awesome. Good job, Mike and J! We love you guys :)

I am breathless with anticipation!

Cadaver Synod
    http://www.myspace.com/cadaver_synod
    &quot;Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.&quot; Animal House

i hate this new format. i liked the old version that told you where they were from :(

[quote author=J link=topic=1584.msg54371#msg54371 date=1158800246]
    I hear you can only access the new format if you have a wristband on. So order a bunch now! ;)
    [/quote]

I put my order in for a wristband and buttons the other day.Â* Will I be getting a confirmation email or message soon?
    And...
    I've noticed some changes today and I really like the new page that lists the articles/deaths in that kind of format.

[quote author=onenightinspain link=topic=1584.msg77562#msg77562 date=1161062380]
    i hate this new format. i liked the old version that told you where they were from :(
    [/quote]

Yeah, but I can we all can still search by state or city and see what shows up in the mydeathspace search.&nbsp;

But locations should be listed/shown on the death map that should be coming soon though, right?

EDIT:&nbsp; I meant:

Yeah, but we all can still search by state or city and see what shows up in the mydeathspace search, if we want to do it that way.

But locations should be listed/shown on the death map that should be coming soon though, right?
    (Two words. Death Map! We are very excited about this feature. Use your imagination. )

[quote author=onenightinspain link=topic=1584.msg77562#msg77562 date=1161062380]
    [/quote]

What are you talking about? It says where they were from right under their picture and cause of death....

The pictures are small now and to the right, I mean left,&nbsp; of the screen.&nbsp; Beside the picture, there is the bold heading of their name and how they died and then under that is the start of the article/story and then the link for the rest of the story.

I think it looks good like this.

[/quote]

this version does say where they are from, what are you talking about?

[quote author=Dee link=topic=1584.msg77570#msg77570 date=1161062986]
    Yeah, but I can we all can still search by state or city and see what shows up in the mydeathspace search.Â*

[/quote]

Can you please rephrase this using english?

[quote author=Dee link=topic=1584.msg77647#msg77647 date=1161069186]
    The pictures are small now and to the right of the screen.Â* Beside the picture, there is the bold heading of their name and how they died and then under that is the start of the article/story and then the link for the rest of the story.

I think it looks good like this.

[/quote]

&lt;-- this way is left

this way is right --&gt;

Is Dee having a conversation with herself/himself?

Doesn't like it, then likes it???

Longtime Lurker, first post.

I like the new layout, my only requested addition would be the Date of their death to be included in the headline, or under their picture.&nbsp; Many of the stories just say a day of the week and not the actual date.&nbsp; For example: &quot;last sunday&quot;&nbsp; I like to be able to read the articles know the date of death and then go see the myspace page and see if someone has logged in since their death, or are we seeing their myspace as they left it.

i love the new format.Â* BUT i do miss the dates of death too.&nbsp;

Great work guys!!!!!!! The new format is wonderful!!!! Thank you for the hard work!
    emos, hippies and GOATS... oh my

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=1584.msg77602#msg77602 date=1161065655]
    What are you talking about? It says where they were from right under their picture and cause of death....
    [/quote]

I LOVE THE DEATH MAP!!! OMG!! *heart failure*

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouth ankyouuuu!!&nbsp;

[quote author=Starshine link=topic=1584.msg77773#msg77773 date=1161087462]
    Longtime Lurker, first post.

I like the new layout, my only requested addition would be the Date of their death to be included in the headline, or under their picture.Â* Many of the stories just say a day of the week and not the actual date.Â* For example: &quot;last sunday&quot;Â* I like to be able to read the articles know the date of death and then go see the myspace page and see if someone has logged in since their death, or are we seeing their myspace as they left it.

[/quote]

Agreed, I'd like the date right up front too please.&nbsp; When you have time and the inclination that is...............

[/quote]

I was replying to onenightinspain.

I was saying I LIKED the new format.&nbsp; I never said anything about not liking it.
    I was trying to tell this person, who hates the new format that there is supposed to be a death map coming soon.
    Jeeze, give a girl a break.&nbsp; It was almost 4 in the morning and I was tired.
    [quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=1584.msg77704#msg77704 date=1161076479]
    Is Dee having a conversation with herself/himself?
    Doesn't like it, then likes it???
    [/quote]

I actually like the new format, but bring back the &quot;date of death&quot;, that was the first thing I'd look at.
    www.myspace.com/kissie_pie

:? :? :? :? :?

Some one help me......Paleassssssssssssssseeeeeeee, I'm stupid!

:? :? :? :?

[quote author=budweiserdrinker link=topic=1584.msg78376#msg78376 date=1161108676]
    :? :? :? :? :?

Some one help me......Paleassssssssssssssseeeeeeee, I'm stupid!

:? :? :? :?
    [/quote]

You're not stupid, you're just Bud, now what's the issue?&nbsp; What do you need help with?

Thread Information