Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Infant found dead in SUV

Re: Infant found dead in SUV

Original Article: (sorry but I hate when I click on a link in a thread and the original article is gone. News sites vary in how long they keep an article posted)
    Infant found dead in SUV
    Posted by Laura Zaichkin September 20, 2007 10:20 PM
    Categories: breaking news

An 8-month-old girl was discovered dead in a vehicle outside a Government Street school and day care at about 5 p.m. this evening, authorities said.

The gray Dodge Durango sport utility vehicle where the infant was found was parked between the Little Flower Catholic Church parish offices and the church's school.

The girl did not attend the school, which is located in the Loop area, Mobile County District Attorney John Tyson Jr. said tonight.

However, the girl's father, whose custody she was in at the time she was discovered, had other children who attended Little Flower, Tyson said.

The father was at a local hospital tonight for what Tyson described as "his emergency." Tyson would not disclose the nature the emergency. He said the child's mother was at the hospital with the dad.

Tyson said that police do not believe foul play was a factor in the little girl's death.

"The early indication is that this is a wonderful family," Tyson said.

Authorities would not disclose the names of the girl or her parents, saying they are waiting until more family members are notified. 

"Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Senior Member firefighterst1426's Avatar

[quote author=Jordan link=topic=10094.msg550277#msg550277 date=1190916617]
    Its a shame that we even need one of these, but enough people have left little ones in a car to warrant this!

[/quote]

Yeah it is.  People get so caught up in the day to day that any variation causes them to be scatter brained.  My first thought when I get out of the car is "get Makeena", and she's not even my kid, it's my girlfriends.  I know she's thinking the same thing though.

[quote author=hollisann link=topic=10094.msg544254#msg544254 date=1190395812]
    this same thing just happened here where I work.  It was HORRIBLE.  It was the hottest day of the year - she left her 6mo old son in the car for 9 hours.  Supposedly the daycare tried calling her cell phone that day, but she didn't answer.  No charges filed.  I don't understand how someone can do that
    [/quote]

a few summers ago i was pulling into the parking lot at my work and there was a woman frantically running around her car with a dead cat. i thought she had hit it so i ignored her but then she started screaming. i went over and the inside of her car was smeared with shit and there were about half a dozen cats and 3 or 4 cages of birds. between sobs she informed me that she was moving her pets from her old house to her new one. she ran inside the store to get a few things and left her daughter in the running car with the animals. turns out the daughter decided to go into the store too and didn't bother telling her mom. turned the car off. rolled up the windows. yeah. the woman came out and all the animals were dead. it was heartbreaking and absolutely revolting. august in oklahoma...not pretty.

i can't even IMAGINE what it would be like to lose a pet that way, let alone a child. i don't understand how parents can forget their baby in the car, but apparently my mom left my older brother in the car on accident when he was a toddler during the summer. thankfully she remembered and called the police (she also locked her keys in the car. AWESOME). i'm happy to report my brother is now 27 years old and has no recollection of the experience ;)

so yeah. if my mom, the most amazing human being in the WORLD, could leave her first born in the car...i imagine anyone could.

so sad.

that poor family...

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=10094.msg550279#msg550279 date=1190916676]
    Are you fucking kidding me??
    [/quote]

thats weird, are there two of us?? I didn't say blah, blah, blah. The only comment I made was that enough people do this to warrant the monitor?

I knew a guy that left his newborn in back seat of his truck. He had taken his older child to school and I guess was a little sleep deprived. It was the newborns first day at daycare and he forgot he had him with him. He was at work for a few hours when he realized the baby was still in the truck. Luckily the baby was okay. Crazy thing is him and his wife act like it's no big deal that happened. Personally, I'd be kicking the crap out of him.
    [quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

Thread Information