Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maggie Kamysz (28) walked in front of a train after suffocating her daughter

Olivia

Maggie Kamysz (28) walked in front of a train after suffocating her daughter

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/09/10/Maggie_Kamysz_(28)_walked_in_front_of_a_train_afte r_suffocating_her_seven_year_old_daughter

Poor Sydney  :-(

"Maggie was very intense, said Vanessa Hopp, who taught Sydney last year at Husmann Elementary School in Crystal Lake. "She would expect perfection. If Sydney got one wrong on a test, she would smack her in front of me and start cursing her out in Polish.

Hopp would tell Kamysz that such actions were wrong while Sydney, who spoke three languages and read at a fifth-grade level before her 7th birthday, stood nearby."

Re: Maggie Kamysz (28) walked in front of a train after suffocating her daughter

:2angry: I can't even begin to express how much I hate this sorry bitch right now. :2angry:

I'm glad she killed herself because she doesn't deserve to live... but the kid???  Why the kid?  Apparently so her father wouldn't get to visit her according to this report ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20519601/ ) - he hadn't been able to see her in almost a year.  Fucking narcissistic psycho bitch.  I hope they don't bury them together, what an awful thing for that poor child to have to spend an eternity next to this sorry excuse for a human being.  I wish I believed in hell because I want her to rot there.

RIP poor little Sydney.

From the blog of an acquaintance:  http://iconator.com/profile.php?UserID=911829
    [quote]Please pray for Sydney Kamysz who was suffocated by her mother Maggie Kamysz. Maggie then drove to the train tracks, waited for the train to come and commited sucicide. Sydney was such a sweet and gifted girl. her mother was strict and never smiled. u may be asking urself "how does cheerbabe9316 know this?" and the answer is b/c I knew them. I was friends with Sydneys cousins, Maggies Niece. (my friends name remain annonymous b/c I dont want reporters stalking their family). when I was over at my friends house and Maggie and Sydney would be over, Sydney seemed to tense up around her mother and Maggie never smiled once, she had a bitter attitude. for more on this story u can google search "Sydney Kamysz". Again, please pray for Sydney who died the day before she was about to start 2nd grade.[/unquote]
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Re: Maggie Kamysz (28) walked in front of a train after suffocating her daughter

3 languages, reading at a 5th grade level before she was 7??......Jeez. Her mother was a fucking idiot if that wasn't "good enough"...How horrible for that little girl, I can't imagine having a mother like that. Did the teacher ever report the mom in regards to smacking her and stuff?

RIP Sydney, you definitely deserved better.

Olivia

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=9912.msg532967#msg532967 date=1189404227]
    3 languages, reading at a 5th grade level before she was 7??......Jeez. Her mother was a fucking idiot if that wasn't "good enough"...How horrible for that little girl, I can't imagine having a mother like that. Did the teacher ever report the mom in regards to smacking her and stuff?
    RIP Sydney, you definitely deserved better.
    [/quote]

Doesn't sound like it -

She would say, Oh, but I could kill her, Hopp said. I took it with a grain of salt because sometimes parents say things out of anger. ... Her life revolved around that little girl.

Hopp = Teacher

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=9912.msg532972#msg532972 date=1189404347]
    Doesn't sound like it -

She would say, Oh, but I could kill her, Hopp said. I took it with a grain of salt because sometimes parents say things out of anger. ... Her life revolved around that little girl.

Hopp = Teacher
    [/quote]

So the woman never smiled, smacked the girl over nothing, and said she could kill her.

I know that it doesn't always mean anything, but sometimes I wish people would pay just a little more attention. Something had to have been seriously wrong with the mother.

I don't even know what to say to this one...She felt her daughters life leave her body...I just can't imagine..and a little girl who can sit for HOURS at a restaurant and draw pictures and read books....You know that kid was well behaved at home too. Shit my kids won't sit still even when they get their food...

The only guess I have is if the mom just didn't want to share her daughter with her ex. Especially since she was probably jealous that him and his fiance bought a house and she couldn't buy one. For some reason that stuck out to me...about the house thing.
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

[quote author=Sheilamadrie link=topic=9912.msg532980#msg532980 date=1189404621]
    I don't even know what to say to this one...She felt her daughters life leave her body...I just can't imagine..and a little girl who can sit for HOURS at a restaurant and draw pictures and read books....You know that kid was well behaved at home too. Shit my kids won't sit still even when they get their food...

The only guess I have is if the mom just didn't want to share her daughter with her ex. Especially since she was probably jealous that him and his fiance bought a house and she couldn't buy one. For some reason that stuck out to me...about the house thing.
    [/quote]

People who kill their kids to "get back" at the other parent =  :2angry: :2angry: :2angry: :2angry: :2angry: :2angry: :2angry:

I fucking hate that shit.

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=9912.msg532982#msg532982 date=1189404723]
    People who kill their kids to "get back" at the other parent =  :2angry: :2angry: :2angry: :2angry: :2angry: :2angry: :2angry:

I fucking hate that shit.
    [/quote]

I think it's the lowest of low next to sexual predators on children.
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

[quote author=Sheilamadrie link=topic=9912.msg532980#msg532980 date=1189404621]The only guess I have is if the mom just didn't want to share her daughter with her ex. Especially since she was probably jealous that him and his fiance bought a house and she couldn't buy one. For some reason that stuck out to me...about the house thing.
    [/quote]

Me too.  Sydney's dad was moving on with his life.  He got engaged, they bought a house, he was taking her to court for visitation... and that giant douche couldn't handle it.

And the teacher did report it to the school counselor but not to the police.  The teacher doesn't work there anymore - claims it was in part because her concerns about Sydney were ignored.  I don't know about that, but I sense this is going to get ugly, she was a mandated reporter (required by law to report child abuse).  Here's the story:

http://www.beepcentral.com/story.aspx?story=18219 
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

And it does look like they buried them together....    :2angry:

Services

• Visitation for both Sydney and Magdalene Kamysz will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Querhammer & Flagg Funeral Home, 500 W. Terra Cotta Ave., Crystal Lake.

• The funeral will be held Wednesday at St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church, 111 S. Hubbard St., Algonquin. The time of the funeral has not yet been set.

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=9912.msg533024#msg533024 date=1189406841]
    And it does look like they buried them together....    :2angry:

[/quote]

Why. The. Fuck.

Why is her father allowing that?!!?

This got me. I hope that the people at the school that dropped the ball feel like shit now. The mother was a sick, fucked up, evil individual, but not the only adult that failed this poor child.

"Maggie was very intense"

Maggie was a fucking psycho.  this is a very disturbing story made more disturbing because nobody, including Sydney's extended family would intervene.  sick sick sick.

rip sydney

Stupid bitch took the easy way out...........I will never understand how a mother can kill her child..no matter what the circumstances are....

Rot in Hell Maggie, you selfish, demented douchebag.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits "--

That poor child!  I can't imagine the pressure that narcissistic bitch put on her and then to kill her.....I hope that bitch rots in Hell!! 

RIP Sydney!

Well Momma is going to hell and the baby girl is going to heaven so at least they won't be together again.

just some added information....

Did school do enough?
    By BRANDON COUTRE - bcoutre@nwherald.com
    and TOM MUSICK - tmusick@nwherald.com
    CRYSTAL LAKE – Police began to ask questions at Sydney Kamysz’s elementary school Friday, the day after her former teacher said she had told school officials that the girl’s mother sometimes scolded and slapped her at school.

“There was concern that there may have been procedures that weren’t followed completely, and there may have been a violation of law,” Crystal Lake Deputy Chief Dennis Harris said.

Harris said Crystal Lake police were working on the inquiry with McHenry County sheriff's police.

On Tuesday, police believe, Magdalene Kamysz suffocated her daughter in their home near Crystal Lake and then walked in front of an oncoming Metra train in Cary.

Police are examining whether proper action was taken by the school. State law requires school officials to report suspected child abuse to the Illinois Department of Child and Family Services.

But Vanessa Hopp, who taught Sydney Kamysz in first grade last year at Husmann Elementary School in Crystal Lake, said Thursday that she alerted the school's social worker to concerns that she had about Maggie Kamysz. Hopp said Kamysz demanded perfection and sometimes would scold her daughter in Polish or slap her if she made mistakes in her work.

School personnel are required to report abuse through a DCFS hot line or through the agency’s Web site, said Kendall Marlowe, a DCFS spokesman who said his agency never investigated possible abuse against 7-year-old Sydney Kamysz.

Reporting the abuse to a superior, as Hopp said she did, and not through the hot line still is a violation of the law, the agency’s spokesman said.

Whether abuse is serious enough to report is subjective, Marlowe said, adding that individuals who witness it should err on the side of caution.

“These are difficult calls to make. You don’t pick up that phone lightly, but it is important to realize that we need to focus on the safety of the children,” Marlowe said. “The person calling the hot line is not expected to be an expert on child abuse.”

Marlowe encouraged everyone, not just school personnel, to call the hotline at (800) 25-ABUSE if they see harm to a child.

On Friday, Hopp said some news reports had exaggerated her words. Maggie Kamysz sometimes swatted at her daughter, Hopp said, but the mother's actions never led Hopp to believe that Sydney was in any kind of serious danger.

"That wasn't the case," Hopp said. "She wasn't being abused."

District 47 Superintendent Ron Miller on Friday said he asked police to investigate how the district handled any possible child-abuse warnings to ensure no wrongdoing.

“I, specifically, on the day of the unfortunate incident, sat down with the principal and asked if there was anything we would have known that would indicate something like this was going to happen,” Miller said. “The answer given to me was ‘no,’ and I have no reason to believe that my staff members would lie to me.”

School employees are among a unique group of workers, known as “mandated reporters,” who must report to DCFS when they suspect abuse. If they willingly don’t comply, they could be charged with a misdemeanor for a first offense and a felony for subsequent offenses.

Miller said District 47 teachers were briefed at the start of each school year on their responsibilities of being mandated reporters.

While police question whether anything could have been done differently to prevent the tragedy, investigators said they still were searching for an answer to why Magdalene Kamysz apparently killed her daughter before taking her own life.

The mother didn’t appear to have left a suicide note, leaving only speculation as to what set her off.

The only clue that police have to a motive is a court dispute between the girl’s mother and biological father, Alan Burton, of Walworth, Wis., over visitation rights.
    something new will be here shortly

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=9912.msg533264#msg533264 date=1189435924]
    Well Momma is going to hell and the baby girl is going to heaven so at least they won't be together again.
    [/quote]

That's cold comfort for those of us who don't believe in such stuff.

Even before seeing the article, I knew this girl was Polish and from Illinois.

I impress myself.

:lol:

"Whether abuse is serious enough to report is subjective, Marlowe said, adding that individuals who witness it should err on the side of caution."

Subjective my ass.  Suspicious bruises, maybe, but this woman scolded and slapped and swatted at her child in front of a teacher.  Nothing "subjective" about it.  Who knows what she did when nobody was looking.

[quote author=Lunade link=topic=9912.msg533289#msg533289 date=1189438604]
    "Whether abuse is serious enough to report is subjective, Marlowe said, adding that individuals who witness it should err on the side of caution."

Subjective my ass.  Suspicious bruises, maybe, but this woman scolded and slapped and swatted at her child in front of a teacher.  Nothing "subjective" about it.  Who knows what she did when nobody was looking.
    [/quote]

Hopp also said she was a "different child" around her mother, "perfect"...perfect posture, quiet, obedient.  Alone she talked told jokes and acted like a normal child.  Sounds like the child KNEW to be seen and not heard so to speak.

When my sister was still a cute, sweet baby in Elementary School (unlike the house arrested hellion she is today), my dad asked me to pick her up from school.

I went to the office, and apparently she already took the bus home, to which I said "Ugh, I could kill her".

I seriously got scolded by the women in the office for saying that, even if its joking you are not allowed EVAR to say such a thing (which is totally understandable).

Also, when I was a Site Director for the After School Program for the YMCA we were given specific orders to take anything and everything seriously.  We would rather piss off a parent by reporting something, than potentially put a child in danger by not saying anything at all.

The teacher should be ashamed of herself.

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=9912.msg533301#msg533301 date=1189439634]
    When my sister was still a cute, sweet baby in Elementary School (unlike the house arrested hellion she is today), my dad asked me to pick her up from school.

I went to the office, and apparently she already took the bus home, to which I said "Ugh, I could kill her".

I seriously got scolded by the women in the office for saying that, even if its joking you are not allowed EVAR to say such a thing (which is totally understandable).

Also, when I was a Site Director for the After School Program for the YMCA we were given specific orders to take anything and everything seriously.  We would rather piss off a parent by reporting something, than potentially put a child in danger by not saying anything at all.

The teacher should be ashamed of herself.

[/quote]

I actually question whether that teacher did all she said she did.  I mean if she didn't, she HAS to feel bad now!

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=9912.msg533305#msg533305 date=1189439756]
    I actually question whether that teacher did all she said she did.  I mean if she didn't, she HAS to feel bad now!
    [/quote]

The one report says:

"On Friday, Hopp said some news reports had exaggerated her words. Maggie Kamysz sometimes swatted at her daughter, Hopp said, but the mother's actions never led Hopp to believe that Sydney was in any kind of serious danger."

It does say that she alerted the school's social worker.  I guess I'd have to understand what "swatting" meant before putting too much blame on the teacher. 

RIP Sydney

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=9912.msg533308#msg533308 date=1189440013]
    The one report says:

"On Friday, Hopp said some news reports had exaggerated her words. Maggie Kamysz sometimes swatted at her daughter, Hopp said, but the mother's actions never led Hopp to believe that Sydney was in any kind of serious danger."

It does say that she alerted the school's social worker.  I guess I'd have to understand what "swatting" meant before putting too much blame on the teacher. 

RIP Sydney
    [/quote]

But there is another article linked on the first page that says the mother smiled at other kids and was good with them, but not with Sydney, and she would yeall and pinch or swat her for misspelling a word.  I think Hopp is talking out of both sides of her mouth myself.

Thread Information