Thread: working flash bbcode

working flash bbcode

the cute is nice, but it would be even nicer if using it actually worked :)
    something new will be here shortly

Re: working flash bbcode

:roll:

:roll:
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=Digital_Utopia link=topic=9896.msg531359#msg531359 date=1189259119]
    the cute is nice, but it would be even nicer if using it actually worked :)
    [/quote]

I believe this is geek speak for "please delete this thread"

[quote author=Neal link=topic=9896.msg531405#msg531405 date=1189265796]
    Seriously D-U whats your obsession with flash? I'm not talking about Flash Gordon by the way.
    [/quote]

Before I answer that question seriously, tell me what you think flash is used for. The reason I ask is, I'm trying to figure out if your question is the result of believing that text, pics, and .gif images are the only thing you want in a forum, or that you haven't bothered to remember/notice how many things flash is used for.

and for the rest of you? my thread is no different than this one:

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=9866.0

except, my suggestion would work for his first suggestion, as well as pretty much any other video site.

But hey, don't let the idea that it's a perfectly legit, and valid suggestion get in the way of deleting this thread ;)

[quote author=Neal link=topic=9896.msg531435#msg531435 date=1189271460]
    I know how to animate in flash but it's never really interested me enough due to the amount of time it takes to animate illustrations, I dont know much about the Scripting side i.e outside of the intial Flash program. I am aware that flash is used for various web-pages and to integrate video, interaction, games etc etc, hence why I asked. Your intial post reads to me as something from the random thoughts thread you don't go on to explain why you want it to work......

[/quote]
    ok, one fair answer deserves another-

well, first off as I eluded to in the last post, it would certainly make it possible to add video from any site to a post (not just youTube), as well as making it possible to post the tons of amusing flash from sites such as newgrounds.com in the off topic threads. Secondly, I think that the ability to include and control any combination of audio, video, and animation; as well as pretty much any content from anywhere on the internet would make the possibilities endless for stuff like sigs and such. Of course, lastly, and not so much on the animation side yet, but otherwise I think it's a blast to make the kinda stuff it's capable of doing.

Although I realize that the majority (if not everybody) of people that post here don't see it as that big of a deal since they've never done anything with flash...I'm sure that there would be some that would want a flash sig for instance, if one was made for them. And yes, I wouldn't have any problem with doing that for people either.

[quote author=Neal link=topic=9896.msg531630#msg531630 date=1189299080]

You know what if you had posted the above first people would be less  :roll: sorry if that sounds condescending it's not meant to be.

It's a good point. Even just for the sole purpose of posting non youtube videos........
    [/quote]

that's true, but honestly my main "complaint" wasn't so much that there was no flash, but that there's a button for it that doesn't work. Call it being a bit anal retentive, but I feel that if there's going to be a button for it, it should work.

[quote author=Digital_Utopia link=topic=9896.msg531642#msg531642 date=1189299914]
    that's true, but honestly my main "complaint" wasn't so much that there was no flash, but that there's a button for it that doesn't work. Call it being a bit anal retentive, but I feel that if there's going to be a button for it, it should work.
    [/quote]

anal retentive? 

[quote author=perry link=topic=9896.msg531653#msg531653 date=1189300821]
    anal retentive? 

[/quote]

thanks for providing an example of another good reason why flash is needed...it would definitely cut back on ugly masking artifacts present in transparent gif animations such as your sig ;)

[quote author=Digital_Utopia link=topic=9896.msg532106#msg532106 date=1189339126]
    thanks for providing an example of another good reason why flash is needed...it would definitely cut back on ugly masking artifacts present in transparent gif animations such as your sig ;)
    [/quote]

Don't pick on my Mortis sig! 

It's like you aren't even speakingEnglishh to me. 
    [quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

[quote author=perry link=topic=9896.msg532311#msg532311 date=1189361822]
    Don't pick on my Mortis sig!&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I'm not picking on the sig itself...I'm just saying one of the drawbacks of using gif animations with transparency is that the masking (the edges of the transparency) has to be the same color as the background in order to look its best. Obviously this is impossible on a background that changes like in this forum. As for the sig itself, it's pretty cool ;)

[quote author=bbc link=topic=9896.msg532315#msg532315 date=1189362446]
    It's like you aren't even speakingEnglishh to me.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

bbcode is the technical term for any of the bracket-ed tags ([bbcode] [/bbcode] that do anything from posting youTube, styling text (bold, itallics, etc) to posting images.

as for flash...easiest way I can describe it is:

something that includes animation, video, and sound while being able to interact with it. (an example is the youtube video player)

if you need and/or care to have anything else translated from nerd-speak to normal english, let me know, and I'll try :lol:.

Thread Information