Thread: Couple Abandoned Baby So They Could Party

Couple Abandoned Baby So They Could Party

GLENDALE, Wis. -- A Glendale couple said they couldn't afford a baby sitter, so they strapped their 14-month-old son in his stroller at home while the couple went out, police alleged.

Rachel Anderson and her live-in boyfriend, Mitch Laputka, were ordered to stand trial Thursday on charges they neglected baby Gabriel so badly that his body was covered with diaper rash, his body temperature was 12 degrees below normal and he stopped breathing, requiring 21 minutes of CPR to revive him. Police said the couple admitted to leaving the boy home alone because they wanted to party.

The couple recently got jobs at Pizza Hut, police said Anderson told them, and the couple used the money for drinking parties. Police said Anderson told them that she often left Gabriel strapped in his stroller when the couple went out or to work, and that she changed Gabriel's diaper once per day. Police said Laputka told them that he didn't do diapers, that was Anderson's job.

Dennis Ogilvie is a neighbor of the couple and said he's saddened by the allegations. He has a daughter the same age as Gabriel.

"I knew they had a baby, but I never saw them with him," Ogilvie said.

Both parents pleaded not guilty Thursday, and they remain in custody in the Milwaukee County Jail on $5,000 bail each. They're due back in court in October to set a trial schedule.

The Bureau of Child Welfare is overseeing the boy's care but said privacy rules prevent them from commenting on children in its care, except to say that Gabriel is safe.

http://www.wisn.com/news/14223467/detail.html

This just makes me sick!  The news reporter said that they left the child alone for more than 8 hours at a time.  The mother also said that she only changed the diaper once a day!  WTF!!

Re: Couple Abandoned Baby So They Could Party

those people should rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

seriously, they should give me that poor baby...those people should not be allowed to breed! 

My son is almost 2 and I change his diaper like 6 times a day!I wouldn't want to imagine the smell if I only changed it once! Poor baby!

Why do people have children if they can't be bothered to look after them properly? 

I hate people like this. I bust my ass to pay for daycare for my son and these people just leave him alone for 8 hrs. Yeah I would love to not pay daycare either. WTF. Why wouldn't you just give him up for adoption? I can't imagine what that little boy was going through. Thank god that he is getting out now. 21 minutes of cpr...thats insane. I'm suprised they even called the cops. They obivously didn't care in the first place or they would have taken better care of him. Did they tape his mouth too? I"m suprised the neighbors didn't hear him crying all the time.
    and she loves regardless of everything that has<br />stained her life. she loves with everything she has left.<br />and that&#039;s beautiful.

This is sickening.&nbsp; Sadly, these two fucktards will probably just have to take a couple of parenting classes and the State will give the baby back to them.&nbsp; I wonder how old they are?&nbsp; Not that it makes a difference, but I'm thinking they must be young.&nbsp; In any event, here's to the egg and sperm donors:&nbsp;
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

This is so sick. Poor baby!&nbsp;
    Why is their bail so low???????

You guys, nothing ruins a party like the jerk who brings a baby.&nbsp; Everyone knows that.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=10201.msg551655#msg551655 date=1191012273]
    You guys, nothing ruins a party like the jerk who brings a baby.&nbsp; Everyone knows that.
    [/quote]

:lol:

plus 1 for sure...

anyway, how did neighbors not hear a baby crying constantly?&nbsp; I can hear if the guy below me turns his fucking can opener on.

[quote author=natashastar link=topic=10201.msg551658#msg551658 date=1191012369]
    :lol:

plus 1 for sure...

anyway, how did neighbors not hear a baby crying constantly?&nbsp; I can hear if the guy below me turns his fucking can opener on.
    [/quote]

I think that at some point the baby learns that if nobody comes, why keep crying?

Just like a baby learns if I cry, people come running.

Poor baby was likely used to being neglected&nbsp;

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=10201.msg551655#msg551655 date=1191012273]
    [/quote]

That made me LOL.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=10201.msg551918#msg551918 date=1191025361]
    I think that at some point the baby learns that if nobody comes, why keep crying?

Just like a baby learns if I cry, people come running.

Poor baby was likely used to being neglected&nbsp;
    [/quote]

That made my heart hurt.&nbsp; :-(
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Thread Information