View Poll Results: Does this site make the idea of the death of the pictured people seem unreal to you?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 23.53%
  • No

26 76.47%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Death is a reality

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Death is a reality

[quote author=MorbidCuriousity link=topic=926.msg33951#msg33951 date=1156232688]
    yeah let's all say the exact same thing as the person above us.
    [/quote]

And just what are you doing up young lady?  :roll:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=926.msg33956#msg33956 date=1156233278]
    [quote author=MorbidCuriousity link=topic=926.msg33951#msg33951 date=1156232688]
    [/quote]

And just what are you doing up young lady?Â* Â*:roll:
    [/quote]

Freelance job. Typical artist waiting til the last minute. I started a thread to help me with names but the children hijacked it. What are YOU doing up?

I don't want to stray off this topic though. Sorry. It has made the deaths all the more real to me by looking at the MySpace accounts and seeing the legacy each person left behind. I am sorry we occasionally make light of some of the deaths but sometimes that makes it easier. And hey, HONESTLY, feel free to make fun of me when (and if) I end up on here. I won't care. I'll be frickin DEAD!

[quote author=MorbidCuriousity link=topic=926.msg33964#msg33964 date=1156234464]
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=926.msg33956#msg33956 date=1156233278]
    [/quote]

And just what are you doing up young lady?Â* Â*:roll:
    [/quote]

Freelance job. Typical artist waiting til the last minute. I started a thread to help me with names but the children hijacked it. What are YOU doing up?

I don't want to stray off this topic though. Sorry. It has made the deaths all the more real to me by looking at the MySpace accounts and seeing the legacy each person left behind. I am sorry we occasionally make light of some of the deaths but sometimes that makes it easier. And hey, HONESTLY, feel free to make fun of me when (and if) I end up on here. I won't care. I'll be frickin DEAD!
    [/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.....Except for the "crawling into a balloon" type of deaths.
    You can't leave much of a legacy when you're the type of person that died by crawling into a HELIUM balloon (At least I hope you didn't leave one)
    Some of these, it's actually good to see them gone so young, so they didn't really have a chance to procreate!

(oh, and I'm up because the reaper is looking for me...Therefore, I have given up on sleeping.)  :sleep2:

I remember the old school LiveJournal group similar to this, it hit even closer to home because the first deaths were near where I lived... this site is a positive reminder of how we all are going to die

It freaks me out and makes it more real.  It makes me feel like I'm going to drop dead any second of just about any freaking thing.   I'm old tho so I think I'm pretty safe :)

Got u beat on age. I am one foot closer to the grave.

oh yeah you are old......er.  cool.

[quote author=adamilsley link=topic=926.msg33472#msg33472 date=1156200966]
    I found this site through a local paper and just looking through all the obituaries and seeing the pictures of all these people my own age and younger still made it seem so unreal. And I wanted to know if anyone else felt the same?
    [/quote]

actually more real....

I work at a mortuary, nothing can make death seem unreal to me...

I definately that site makes death even more real. Some many people, especially the young ones, think they're invicible like people mentioned before. The deaths listed here just prove that people, young and old, do die every single day and that we shouldn't take life for granted. Not to sound morbid, but who knows one of us could end up on this site in the near future as scary as that may seem.
    Love isn't what makes the world go round. It's what makes the ride worthwhile. [4-01-07]

As terrible as it is to read about so much tragedy, it's vital for young people to see , read and deal with the reality of death and how often it happens. Death is something we all must face, but isn't it educational for our young people to read some of the stories and give a second thought to how easy it is to lose your life at a young age. When you go into the personal my space profiles and read some of the language written by some of those who have passed on it makes you want to cry! Some are outraged at the death space but is any thought given to how corrupt the living space is and how it's used to promote and advertise sex. There are a lot of nice people who use my space and have sense enough to not get caught up in the dark side of it, but what about 12, 13 and fourteen year olds who want to grow up fast and get caught up? My death space is real , informative as well as educational. I think it's important to those who have life today but may not have it tomorrow. 

Yeah, if anything, it makes death seem a lot MORE real. Rather than just seeing an obituary in a news paper and that's the end of it, you can actually dig into someones previous life and witness the comments from their friends.
    "Stop making judgments and experience life." Shelby Lee Adams

I'm surprised myspace didnt put a section for this in their page. I would think that this is one of the things myspace is missing out on that makes the myspace site less real.

I agree it shows the reality. It also goes to show (And Im not trying to be mean or prickish, but) that if you do something stupid and get yourself killed, people are going to notice; they will not, however, think you're 'cool'--quite the reverse, in some cases. They may not say anything to the family, or point it out, but really they're thinking "what a fucking idiot".

[quote author=Christopher link=topic=476.msg16361#msg16361 date=1154439825]
    [quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=476.msg16345#msg16345 date=1154439167]
    [quote author=Christopher link=topic=476.msg16333#msg16333 date=1154438657]
    Is anybody here faithless like me, though??  The writer of this writes that death makes her stronger in her faith....but since I don't have one, it just makes me realize that I could be worm food at any given time.
    [/quote]

A lot of the members here are faithless. We have a few Christians and I think a Catholic or two.. Not sure what else we have. But a lot of agnostics and atheists.
    [/quote]

Dammit, every forum needs an ardent Christian fundamentalist who spouts off Bible verses and tries to convert everybody....it's good humor.
    [/quote]

If you believe that you were made into this world to simply live then die then you are missing out on life. Let me ask you, why is there good, why is there evil, why do we live with rules, how can there be life? These are just a few of the questions we ask.

The goal of a Christian is not to convert people into the ways of God because it is only you under God's grace have that power. I can talk about God and the bible all day and it won't mean anything to you. I suggest that you read about the Opus Dei with an open mind and try to practice mortification for a change. Rather than just blindly saying this won't work for you, a different atmosphere or condition might do you good.

Dammit, every forum needs an ardent Christian fundamentalist who spouts off Bible verses and tries to convert everybody....it's good humor.
    Might make you laugh, but it makes me throw tomatoes at my monitor. 

I hate this preaching shit.

Here's something boys and girls.
    www.evilbible.com

All people have completely different beliefs but the fact is, DEATH IS INEVITABLE!! And no, we do not exsist soley to live and then die. I do not know why we were created or what the hell I believe in, but I plan on making every moment count.
    Why live in the world, when you can live in your head?

[quote author=hamsandwich7 link=topic=1488.msg52665#msg52665 date=1158666826]
    All people have completely different beliefs but the fact is, DEATH IS INEVITABLE!! And no, we do not exsist soley to live and then die. I do not know why we were created or what the hell I believe in, but I plan on making every moment count.
    [/quote]

ME TOO, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 
    when things go wrong and you know they will, <br />and your daily rode seems all up hill.<br />and when your sad and blue and want to quit<br />remember one thing I DON&#039;T GIVE A SHIT

My sig line says it all.

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

I LOVE IT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    when things go wrong and you know they will, <br />and your daily rode seems all up hill.<br />and when your sad and blue and want to quit<br />remember one thing I DON&#039;T GIVE A SHIT

Thread Information