View Poll Results: Does this site make the idea of the death of the pictured people seem unreal to you?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 23.53%
  • No

26 76.47%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Death is a reality

Josh

Re: Death is a reality

HOLY SHIT!!! Death is a reality?!?! WTF!!!  Nobody told me that!!!! :lol:

I believe in after death that life goes on in Heaven and we will all meet again, I don't think you have to go to church or have a faith to believe that, and also watching Sylvia Browne on Montel has helped alot.*LOL*

Haha, woah didnt think anyone would reply to my post...i came on here, im like what 2 pages, yes Im cool!!! haha.  Yeah i found out about this like right when it came out, ever since then I checked it like everyday, then eventually in my head, I kept thinking I was going to die soon, my husband called me nuts, and told me to stop talking like that, i cant help it Im a pessemist.  Anyways..Yeah Im religious, but Im not here to debate or push my faith on other people, all i do is pray for people not fight them on religion, its pretty pointless.  I have taken many theology classes, which have made me question my faith, I can deff see the point of views from athiests and agnostics, now satan worshipers, i dont get, and quite frankly I dont want to know.  :-P  I guess I'll share with you why i choose to be a christian and Im not trying to be like hey you need to feel the way i do, or your wrong, not at all.  But I just feel like ranting sorry.  Anyways, when I was younger, I went to church camp, wohoo...I was like 13, anyways I was really gettin into worship, wohoo.  I was praying and singing and had my hands up, when all the sudden... (Im protestant Assemblies of God if your wondering) I fell over..... on my back, I started like shaking and words were coming out of my mouth that I had no control of, its called speaking in tounges (yes it sounds freaky, or cultish, if you havent experianced it).  I can tell you I wasnt faking, and I wasnt expecting it, it just happened.  After about 20 mins or 30, I stopped and tried to stand up, and fell down, it was like I was drunk or something.  I felt the best ive ever felt, so thats pretty much my big religious experiance, and if I didnt have that, I dont know, I dont think I would have as strong of faith. Eh? Huh, anwyas sorry for my rambling, my husband just left for Iraq, so Ive been talking to myself a lot, and I dont know, I'll stop now.
    ~* Be something you love and understand *~

[quote author=MorbidCuriousity link=topic=476.msg16522#msg16522 date=1154446220]
    [quote author=ArmyWife link=topic=476.msg16247#msg16247 date=1154414380]
    Just wanted to post that I have been a fan of this site, basically since i heard of it months ago.Â* It sounds morbid, and my friends think its weird that I check it so obsessively.Â* It just reminds me that death is a reality that we are all going to face someday, and its scary to see young people die, you normally think of death as something that will happen when your older.Â* But the reality is, it can happen right now, tomorrow, next year, whenever.Â* Its made me stronger in my faith, because it just reminds us how precious life is.Â* So get out and do something and then hop back on the comp to mydeathspace haha jk...or am I?!Â* Just wanted to share my feelings that is all. :-D
    [/quote]

Welcome, dahling. I honestly have to thank Jenni... In an effort to "teach us a lesson" by posting that there is a forum and that the regulars are tired and boring she brought quite a few new people in. Contrary to what she expected everyone is very happy to have all kinds of new opinions. That said: WELCOME!! And p.s. we are all obsessed with MDS.
    [/quote]

I think I just fell a little more in love with you if that is possible!  Kisses for Morbid!
    The afro smiley is the coolest.&nbsp; :mrgreen:<br /><br /><br /><br />Can someone tell me why Holly&#039;s forehead is so big, yet her brain is so small?

[quote author=ArmyWife link=topic=476.msg19065#msg19065 date=1154678677]
    Haha, woah didnt think anyone would reply to my post...i came on here, im like what 2 pages, yes Im cool!!! haha.Â* Yeah i found out about this like right when it came out, ever since then I checked it like everyday, then eventually in my head, I kept thinking I was going to die soon, my husband called me nuts, and told me to stop talking like that, i cant help it Im a pessemist.Â* Anyways..Yeah Im religious, but Im not here to debate or push my faith on other people, all i do is pray for people not fight them on religion, its pretty pointless.Â* I have taken many theology classes, which have made me question my faith, I can deff see the point of views from athiests and agnostics, now satan worshipers, i dont get, and quite frankly I dont want to know.Â* Â*:-PÂ* I guess I'll share with you why i choose to be a christian and Im not trying to be like hey you need to feel the way i do, or your wrong, not at all.Â* But I just feel like ranting sorry.Â* Anyways, when I was younger, I went to church camp, wohoo...I was like 13, anyways I was really gettin into worship, wohoo.Â* I was praying and singing and had my hands up, when all the sudden... (Im protestant Assemblies of God if your wondering) I fell over..... on my back, I started like shaking and words were coming out of my mouth that I had no control of, its called speaking in tounges (yes it sounds freaky, or cultish, if you havent experianced it).Â* I can tell you I wasnt faking, and I wasnt expecting it, it just happened.Â* After about 20 mins or 30, I stopped and tried to stand up, and fell down, it was like I was drunk or something.Â* I felt the best ive ever felt, so thats pretty much my big religious experiance, and if I didnt have that, I dont know, I dont think I would have as strong of faith. Eh? Huh, anwyas sorry for my rambling, my husband just left for Iraq, so Ive been talking to myself a lot, and I dont know, I'll stop now.

[/quote]

Brother in law is in iraq, tough place....just depends where he gets put, I wish him well over there though. So what did speaking in toungues actually do for you? I mean did you understand what you were saying? Was a demon or angel in you? Please share more of this experience.....thanks

Brother in law is in iraq, tough place....just depends where he gets put, I wish him well over there though. So what did speaking in toungues actually do for you? I mean did you understand what you were saying? Was a demon or angel in you? Please share more of this experience.....thanks

Hey, well my husband (not bro in law, i was like what?! haha) is in northern iraq, which he tells me is the &quot;safer&quot; part of iraq, which he might just be telling me so I dont worry.&nbsp; He flys in blackhawk helicopters, so at least hes not on the ground i suppose...but thank you for your support.&nbsp; Anyways, so the speaking in tounges thing...the church I go to, puts emphasis on the spirit of the lord which is the holy spirit.&nbsp; Speaking in tounges is a form of God speaking through you, you dont understand what your saying or control whats going on, it just happens.&nbsp; Its only happened once to me, i just remember praying and worshiping then my legs gave out and I hit the floor.&nbsp; I knew what was going on, I was fully aware, I just couldnt stop shaking or talking.&nbsp; It wasnt scary, I remember after it was over, I felt something so incredible inside of me, I was like the happiest person on the earth.&nbsp; Im sure there are people that fake speaking in tounges, it doesnt happen daily and if I remember correctly it usually happens when a big crowd of people get together and pray together, since as christians we believe there is power in numbers.&nbsp; I wish I was more educated about it.

There can also be people possessed by the devil, I've never encountered someone, well maybe I have I dont know.&nbsp; My mother told me a story about her mom who once was in a church with a man that was possessed.&nbsp; He came to the church to get help, I guess they locked up the church and had a few pastors there, praying for him, and rebuking (spelling?) the devil, supposedly, the man started screaming and all these words came out of him and hissing. But that was different from my experiance, its a totally different thing.&nbsp;

Hope I helped!

show me a person that can speak in tongues and I'll show you a person about to get punched in the face.

[quote author=ArmyWife link=topic=476.msg19065#msg19065 date=1154678677]
    Haha, woah didnt think anyone would reply to my post...i came on here, im like what 2 pages, yes Im cool!!! haha.Â* Yeah i found out about this like right when it came out, ever since then I checked it like everyday, then eventually in my head, I kept thinking I was going to die soon, my husband called me nuts, and told me to stop talking like that, i cant help it Im a pessemist.Â* Anyways..Yeah Im religious, but Im not here to debate or push my faith on other people, all i do is pray for people not fight them on religion, its pretty pointless.Â* I have taken many theology classes, which have made me question my faith, I can deff see the point of views from athiests and agnostics, now satan worshipers, i dont get, and quite frankly I dont want to know.Â* Â*:-PÂ* I guess I'll share with you why i choose to be a christian and Im not trying to be like hey you need to feel the way i do, or your wrong, not at all.Â* But I just feel like ranting sorry.Â* Anyways, when I was younger, I went to church camp, wohoo...I was like 13, anyways I was really gettin into worship, wohoo.Â* I was praying and singing and had my hands up, when all the sudden... (Im protestant Assemblies of God if your wondering) I fell over..... on my back, I started like shaking and words were coming out of my mouth that I had no control of, its called speaking in tounges (yes it sounds freaky, or cultish, if you havent experianced it).Â* I can tell you I wasnt faking, and I wasnt expecting it, it just happened.Â* After about 20 mins or 30, I stopped and tried to stand up, and fell down, it was like I was drunk or something.Â* I felt the best ive ever felt, so thats pretty much my big religious experiance, and if I didnt have that, I dont know, I dont think I would have as strong of faith. Eh? Huh, anwyas sorry for my rambling, my husband just left for Iraq, so Ive been talking to myself a lot, and I dont know, I'll stop now.

[/quote]

All I got out of that is that you felt drunk and it's the best you've ever felt.&nbsp; Hmmm.

I'm not sure I believe your story.&nbsp; Or maybe you were completely shitfaced and imagined it all?&nbsp; That seems the most likely scenario.

no these people actually believe this stuff happens to them.&nbsp; they're nutso!&nbsp; :roll:

[quote author=J link=topic=476.msg19162#msg19162 date=1154697081]
    no these people actually believe this stuff happens to them.Â* they're nutso!Â* :roll:
    [/quote]

Yes, like those nutters who think 9/11 was perpetrated by the US Govt, they have blind faith in something for which there is no evidence.

Josh

Damn, Armywife is a cutie

[quote author=Josh link=topic=476.msg19510#msg19510 date=1154715379]
    Damn, Armywife is a cutie
    [/quote]

I bet Armywife bangs Armydude's best friend in their bed when he's gone.

Gosh you guys dont have to be mean to me, I just shared what happened to me, and hey if you dont believe thats fine, its not your judgement really anyways....I refered to it like drunk in that drunk people (well some) cant stand up even when they try, thats what happened to me.&nbsp; Im not making this up and Im not crazy, Im a sane person.&nbsp; I dont get online and come make up stories for the fun of it.&nbsp; ..I found this thing...

However this gift does not only refer to languages that can be interpreted by others only, St. Paul says that if someone speaks in tongues there should be another person who would interpret what he is saying for the benefit of the whole group. There are also tongues of praise and adoration, which are the most common. These are very beneficial for the soul. They are as the language to express communication only between the soul and God [1 Corinthians 14:2] St. Paul recommends that once we receive the gift of tongues one should strive to possess the gift of Prophecy because tongues build the individual while Prophecy builds the whole Church. He says do not forbid speaking in tongues [1 Corinthians 14:39].

We don't know how to pray and we need the help of the Spirit, so He makes His presence to us in sighs, moans, tongues or any other manifestation that expresses our deepest feelings of love for God [Romans 8:26]

Many healings take place at the moment of laying hands on the persons being prayed over, specially when tongues are being said [Acts 19:6]. There is mystery in this gift, since only God knows the language of the Spirit. Visions are also reported to be seen when the Lord is being praised in tongues.

Those who do not have this gift may laugh or criticise those who have it, let me assure you that this is very real [Isaiah 28:10-11]. When I received it I was in tears every time that I used it, as a result I praise the Lord in tongues every day.

So call me crazy, christians get&nbsp; that all time, Im not surprised.

scripture falls on deaf ears here.

Josh

[quote author=ArmyWife link=topic=476.msg19513#msg19513 date=1154715499]
    Gosh you guys dont have to be mean to me, I just shared what happened to me, and hey if you dont believe thats fine, its not your judgement really anyways....I refered to it like drunk in that drunk people (well some) cant stand up even when they try, thats what happened to me.Â* Â*Im not making this up and Im not crazy, Im a sane person.Â* I dont get online and come make up stories for the fun of it.Â* ..I found this thing...

However this gift does not only refer to languages that can be interpreted by others only, St. Paul says that if someone speaks in tongues there should be another person who would interpret what he is saying for the benefit of the whole group. There are also tongues of praise and adoration, which are the most common. These are very beneficial for the soul. They are as the language to express communication only between the soul and God [1 Corinthians 14:2] St. Paul recommends that once we receive the gift of tongues one should strive to possess the gift of Prophecy because tongues build the individual while Prophecy builds the whole Church. He says do not forbid speaking in tongues [1 Corinthians 14:39].

We don't know how to pray and we need the help of the Spirit, so He makes His presence to us in sighs, moans, tongues or any other manifestation that expresses our deepest feelings of love for God [Romans 8:26]

Many healings take place at the moment of laying hands on the persons being prayed over, specially when tongues are being said [Acts 19:6]. There is mystery in this gift, since only God knows the language of the Spirit. Visions are also reported to be seen when the Lord is being praised in tongues.

Those who do not have this gift may laugh or criticise those who have it, let me assure you that this is very real [Isaiah 28:10-11]. When I received it I was in tears every time that I used it, as a result I praise the Lord in tongues every day.

So call me crazy, christians getÂ* that all time, Im not surprised.

[/quote]

Ummmm, who is you guys?&nbsp; I wasn't being mean, I was saying you are a cutie...but I'll take that compliment back if it offends you so much.

agh ill ignore the bangs comment...........oh and I agree people that think 9/11 was conspired by the govt are crazy liberals.... :roll:

Josh

Ok, now you're just annoying, lol

I wasnt talking about you, sorry, its for a couple other people...haha thanks for the cutie comment&nbsp;

thanks, i take pride in that skill

[quote author=ArmyWife link=topic=476.msg19525#msg19525 date=1154715785]
    thanks, i take pride in that skill
    [/quote]

bangin?

haha very funny NO, i mean I know I can be annoying. Well i gtg, ill be on here later

Warning: starting sex talk in religious thread may be hazardous to MDS harmony. Trust me&nbsp;

Josh

If it's any good, it will be.

I enjoy plugging anus while watching TBN.

Josh

I like when the Pope starts talking jibberish.&nbsp; All the good stuff really starts hittin the fan then.

Thread Information