View Poll Results: Does this site make the idea of the death of the pictured people seem unreal to you?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 23.53%
  • No

26 76.47%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Death is a reality

Death is a reality

Just wanted to post that I have been a fan of this site, basically since i heard of it months ago.  It sounds morbid, and my friends think its weird that I check it so obsessively.  It just reminds me that death is a reality that we are all going to face someday, and its scary to see young people die, you normally think of death as something that will happen when your older.  But the reality is, it can happen right now, tomorrow, next year, whenever.  Its made me stronger in my faith, because it just reminds us how precious life is.  So get out and do something and then hop back on the comp to mydeathspace haha jk...or am I?!  Just wanted to share my feelings that is all. :-D
    ~* Be something you love and understand *~

Re: Death is a reality

welcome and thank you for that lovely introduction. a lot of us here agree with that. it's nice to meet you. my name is brittany and i hope you enjoy your time on the boards.

Hello there  :-) welcome and stuff :D
    I'm Sade.
    I&#039;d love to ruin your life.<br />

This is the way I've always felt.&nbsp; To me this site isn't morbid or wrong in anyway.

Welcome to MDS.

As the famous Marcus Aurelius once said...

Death smiles at us all. All you can do is smile back

I couldn't agree more. Welcome!!!

Welcome dude... :-D
    <br />The Angel within

Is anybody here faithless like me, though??&nbsp; The writer of this writes that death makes her stronger in her faith....but since I don't have one, it just makes me realize that I could be worm food at any given time.

Eh I have no faith either...I believe we live we die and that is all nothing else...
    <br />The Angel within

[quote author=Christopher link=topic=476.msg16333#msg16333 date=1154438657]
    Is anybody here faithless like me, though??Â* The writer of this writes that death makes her stronger in her faith....but since I don't have one, it just makes me realize that I could be worm food at any given time.
    [/quote]

A lot of the members here are faithless. We have a few Christians and I think a Catholic or two.. Not sure what else we have. But a lot of agnostics and atheists.

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=476.msg16345#msg16345 date=1154439167]
    Is anybody here faithless like me, though??Â* The writer of this writes that death makes her stronger in her faith....but since I don't have one, it just makes me realize that I could be worm food at any given time.
    [/quote]

A lot of the members here are faithless. We have a few Christians and I think a Catholic or two.. Not sure what else we have. But a lot of agnostics and atheists.
    [/quote]

Dammit, every forum needs an ardent Christian fundamentalist who spouts off Bible verses and tries to convert everybody....it's good humor.

[quote author=Christopher link=topic=476.msg16361#msg16361 date=1154439825]
    [quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=476.msg16345#msg16345 date=1154439167]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Dammit, every forum needs an ardent Christian fundamentalist who spouts off Bible verses and tries to convert everybody....it's good humor.
    [/quote] Shhhh don't start we don't need the thing to happen again that happened the last time...it was horrific...people getting angry and lots of name calling a bible versus....it was crazy.....
    <br />The Angel within

hahahaha, oh man, you missed that one! it was the first, and hopefully last, religious debate we had on here.&nbsp; :roll:

Yea we really really dont want to go there again... :|
    <br />The Angel within

I was going to play the role of a christian here and start spouting Bible verses just for fun but you lucked out....i don't know any bible verses. :(

we had &quot;foryou&quot; for that.&nbsp;

Thank God for that lol
    <br />The Angel within

[quote author=ArmyWife link=topic=476.msg16247#msg16247 date=1154414380]
    Just wanted to post that I have been a fan of this site, basically since i heard of it months ago.Â* It sounds morbid, and my friends think its weird that I check it so obsessively.Â* It just reminds me that death is a reality that we are all going to face someday, and its scary to see young people die, you normally think of death as something that will happen when your older.Â* But the reality is, it can happen right now, tomorrow, next year, whenever.Â* Its made me stronger in my faith, because it just reminds us how precious life is.Â* So get out and do something and then hop back on the comp to mydeathspace haha jk...or am I?!Â* Just wanted to share my feelings that is all. :-D
    [/quote]

Welcome, dahling. I honestly have to thank Jenni... In an effort to &quot;teach us a lesson&quot; by posting that there is a forum and that the regulars are tired and boring she brought quite a few new people in. Contrary to what she expected everyone is very happy to have all kinds of new opinions. That said: WELCOME!! And p.s. we are all obsessed with MDS.

[quote author=MorbidCuriousity link=topic=476.msg16522#msg16522 date=1154446220]
    [quote author=ArmyWife link=topic=476.msg16247#msg16247 date=1154414380]
    Just wanted to post that I have been a fan of this site, basically since i heard of it months ago.Â* It sounds morbid, and my friends think its weird that I check it so obsessively.Â* It just reminds me that death is a reality that we are all going to face someday, and its scary to see young people die, you normally think of death as something that will happen when your older.Â* But the reality is, it can happen right now, tomorrow, next year, whenever.Â* Its made me stronger in my faith, because it just reminds us how precious life is.Â* So get out and do something and then hop back on the comp to mydeathspace haha jk...or am I?!Â* Just wanted to share my feelings that is all. :-D
    [/quote]

Welcome, dahling. I honestly have to thank Jenni... In an effort to &quot;teach us a lesson&quot; by posting that there is a forum and that the regulars are tired and boring she brought quite a few new people in. Contrary to what she expected everyone is very happy to have all kinds of new opinions. That said: WELCOME!! And p.s. we are all obsessed with MDS.
    [/quote] Yay! I agree with you!
    <br />The Angel within

She sure showed US hahaha.

Eh as Brit and Justin say she is a BIH...hahah Skeet! lol...I am done...
    <br />The Angel within

i, for one, really enjoyed that debate. people need to learn how to not get their feelings hurt.
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

[quote author=saidgrace link=topic=476.msg16553#msg16553 date=1154447375]
    i, for one, really enjoyed that debate. people need to learn how to not get their feelings hurt.
    [/quote]

I never even read it... I was gone that day and after I heard the fallout I mad a strong decision not to read it EVER! If you really like those fights though then don't say you hate SOAD because he pissed your shit off and you now can't interact with him. Hypocracy!

[quote author=MorbidCuriousity link=topic=476.msg16558#msg16558 date=1154447551]
    [/quote]

I never even read it... I was gone that day and after I heard the fallout I mad a strong decision not to read it EVER! If you really like those fights though then don't say you hate SOAD because he pissed your shit off and you now can't interact with him. Hypocracy!
    [/quote]

what? i didn't say i hated him, and it was not a serious comment.
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

[quote author=saidgrace link=topic=476.msg16564#msg16564 date=1154447679]
    [quote author=MorbidCuriousity link=topic=476.msg16558#msg16558 date=1154447551]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

what? i didn't say i hated him, and it was not a serious comment.
    [/quote]

Hard to tell on here. I'm reading the bored thread on here as well and trying to piece all this together. Of course it's always hard to read sarcasm or other nuances.

Thread Information