Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Iowa becomes second state to allow gay marriages

Re: Iowa becomes second state to allow gay marriages

aaaahahahahahahahaa
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

Everyone-

Gay is ok.

-GOD

god,

you're gay.

walt
    maybe you should take your lectures elsewhere. like to a convention of people who enjoy lectures.

I really like this quote:
    Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without.
    James C. Dobson

It really makes me think about this debate.

[quote author=MissLyss link=topic=9758.msg531156#msg531156 date=1189226237]
    I really like this quote:
    Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without.
    James C. Dobson

It really makes me think about this debate.
    [/quote]

LOL!!! DID YOU JUST QUOTE JAMES DOBSON?!?!?! Lovely quote but the thing is James Dobson is one of the main fighters AGAINST gay marriage for decades now. His main organization is Focus on the Family.&nbsp; My mom use to listen to him all the time when I was little and I still have that man's voice in the back of my head lol. He has been one of the main super-Christians in the spotlight for decades now. He is a superstar in the Christian world.&nbsp; He is like Jerry Falwell but not as fat or loud.&nbsp;Him and Falwell were actually best of friends with pat Robertson. He not only agreed with the whole gay teletubby&nbsp; thing but helped spread that nonsense around.&nbsp; His book from 2004 was called:&nbsp; Marriage Under Fire: Why We Must Win This Battle,

In it he says:

&nbsp; &quot;Dobson explains what he believes to be the Bible's view of marriage. Dobson suggests that falling heterosexual marriage rates in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are due to the recognition of same-sex relationships by those countries during the 1990s (pp. 8-9). He remarks that traditional marriage &quot;is rapidly dying&quot; in these countries as a result, with most young people cohabiting or choosing to remain single (living alone) and illegitimacy rates rising in some Norwegian counties up to 80%. Dobson writes that &quot;every civilization in the world has been built upon [heterosexual marriage],&quot; (p. 7) and describes the institution of marriage as &quot;the bedrock of culture in Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America, Australia, and even Antarctica&quot; (p. 7). He also believes that homosexuality is a learned moral choice, citing actress Anne Heche, and other individuals who practiced homosexuality and do not anymore. Criticising &quot;the realities of judicial tyranny,&quot; Dobson has written that &quot;[t]here is no issue today that is more significant to our culture than the defense of the family. Not even the war on terror eclipses it&quot; (pp. 84-85).

At one particular Focus on the Family/American Association of Christian Counselors joint seminar, Dr. James Dobson and Dr. William McDonald conferred on the state of pastoral counseling in the United States.

So he believes homoseuality is a choice, the purple teletubby is gay, battling same-sex marriage is more important than battling terrorism, and some others things that I know of personally that I will not post here.

So,lovely quote, just odd that you picked that person to take a quote from and post on this thread.

[quote author=dietpepsi007 link=topic=9758.msg531207#msg531207 date=1189234157]

LOL!!! DID YOU JUST QUOTE JAMES DOBSON?!?!?! Lovely quote but the thing is James Dobson is one of the main fighters AGAINST gay marriage for decades now. His main organization is Focus on the Family.&nbsp; My mom use to listen to him all the time when I was little and I still have that man's voice in the back of my head lol. He has been one of the main super-Christians in the spotlight for decades now. He is a superstar in the Christian world.&nbsp; He is like Jerry Falwell but not as fat or loud.&nbsp;Him and Falwell were actually best of friends with pat Robertson. He not only agreed with the whole gay teletubby&nbsp; thing but helped spread that nonsense around.&nbsp; His book from 2004 was called:&nbsp; Marriage Under Fire: Why We Must Win This Battle,

In it he says:

&nbsp; &quot;Dobson explains what he believes to be the Bible's view of marriage. Dobson suggests that falling heterosexual marriage rates in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are due to the recognition of same-sex relationships by those countries during the 1990s (pp. 8-9). He remarks that traditional marriage &quot;is rapidly dying&quot; in these countries as a result, with most young people cohabiting or choosing to remain single (living alone) and illegitimacy rates rising in some Norwegian counties up to 80%. Dobson writes that &quot;every civilization in the world has been built upon [heterosexual marriage],&quot; (p. 7) and describes the institution of marriage as &quot;the bedrock of culture in Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America, Australia, and even Antarctica&quot; (p. 7). He also believes that homosexuality is a learned moral choice, citing actress Anne Heche, and other individuals who practiced homosexuality and do not anymore. Criticising &quot;the realities of judicial tyranny,&quot; Dobson has written that &quot;[t]here is no issue today that is more significant to our culture than the defense of the family. Not even the war on terror eclipses it&quot; (pp. 84-85).

At one particular Focus on the Family/American Association of Christian Counselors joint seminar, Dr. James Dobson and Dr. William McDonald conferred on the state of pastoral counseling in the United States.

So he believes homoseuality is a choice, the purple teletubby is gay, battling same-sex marriage is more important than battling terrorism, and some others things that I know of personally that I will not post here.

So,lovely quote, just odd that you picked that person to take a quote from and post on this thread.

[/quote]

Neh, she is just using his words against him like &quot;so called christians&quot; use words from the bible and twist them against people like us.

[quote author=GOD link=topic=9758.msg531152#msg531152 date=1189224678]
    Everyone-

Gay is ok.

-GOD
    [/quote]

We KNEW it!&nbsp; We KNEW it!!

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=9758.msg531338#msg531338 date=1189245105]
    Neh, she is just using his words against him like &quot;so called christians&quot; use words from the bible and twist them against people like us.
    [/quote]

I think that it's a beautiful quote and that makes me laugh because he's so against same sex marriage.

[quote author=GOD link=topic=9758.msg531152#msg531152 date=1189224678]
    Everyone-

Gay is ok.

-GOD
    [/quote]

See.......... I said prayer works.
    <br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=hunibuni link=topic=9758.msg531407#msg531407 date=1189266273]
    See.......... I said prayer works.

[/quote]

Amen Sister!!

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=9758.msg531338#msg531338 date=1189245105]
    [/quote]

Oh okay because I almost spit my water out when I saw his name lol. :2tongue: I wish people knew how bad he really is and how influential he is. He is one of the president's spiritual advisors and friends.&nbsp; He is very sneaky.&nbsp; He will drop many ideas in people's ear and let them run with it...............like he did with Falwell.&nbsp; He is also very wealthy and a&nbsp; psychologist LOL!&nbsp; Him and his army of loons were essential in getting those Christian votes for Bush in 2000.

[quote author=dietpepsi007 link=topic=9758.msg531483#msg531483 date=1189277813]
    Oh okay because I almost spit my water out when I saw his name lol. :2tongue: I wish people knew how bad he really is and how influential he is. He is one of the president's spiritual advisors and friends.&nbsp; He is very sneaky.&nbsp; He will drop many ideas in people's ear and let them run with it...............like he did with Falwell.&nbsp; He is also very wealthy and a&nbsp; psychologist LOL!&nbsp; Him and his army of loons were essential in getting those Christian votes for Bush in 2000.
    [/quote]

uh mr penis wrinkle didn't get my vote.
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

HOORAY IOWA!&nbsp;

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=9758.msg1236755#msg1236755 date=1238789156]
    HOORAY IOWA!&nbsp;

[/quote]High five Iowan!

Thread Information