Thread: 3 crew members dead after Atlas Air 767 carrying cargo crashes into Trinity Bay, close to IAH airport

3 crew members dead after Atlas Air 767 carrying cargo crashes into Trinity Bay, close to IAH airport

https://www.click2houston.com/news/b...board-faa-says

A twin-engine Boeing 767 crashed into Trinity Bay near Anahuac just before 12:45 p.m. Saturday and authorities said they believe all three people on board are dead.

The plane was on its way to George Bush Intercontinental Airport from Miami when it crashed, the FAA said.

The FAA said initial reports indicated the plane was owned and operated by Atlas Air, Inc.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 04:55 PM.

ATC Feed. The plane's call sign is Giant3591. You can hear them come on about the 4 minute mark with the controller advising them of weather near the field.

http://archive-server.liveatc.net/ki...2019-1830Z.mp3

Word is that the 3rd pilot was a jumpseater from another airline.

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 04:56 PM.

So fucking sad. I hope they find out what happened soon. I know these things can take months and even years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.chron.com/technology/bus...f-13644104.php

I do know that the cargo airlines don't have to follow the same flight and duty time limitations (FAR 117) that passenger airlines do. There's been a lot of controversy about that in the 5 years since passenger airline pilots started following the new rules but cargo pilots were exempt from them.

That being said, I would be surprised if fatigue had any real factor in this crash. My personal opinion (borrowed from my pilot husband, lol) is that it was a structural failure and the elevator, slat, or something like that came off the plane and caused them to nose-dive unrecoverably. That is one of the few things I ever worry about with my husband's flying. For the most part, flying large aircraft is super safe these days, but sometimes mechanical issues just become too big to overcome.
    A lot of people are saying it may have broken apart. I use to be obsessed with plane crashes (still kinda am), they're waayy less frequent now than they were 70s-90s.
    Why?

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Go fund me everywhere. They should just link it with the obituary......he/she is dead, click this link and send us your $$$

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    ATC Feed. The plane's call sign is Giant3591. You can hear them come on about the 4 minute mark with the controller advising them of weather near the field.

http://archive-server.liveatc.net/ki...2019-1830Z.mp3

Word is that the 3rd pilot was a jumpseater from another airline.
    That ATC feed is pretty boring and nothing exciting bar the approach controllers having other aircraft trying to visually locate the lost aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    That ATC feed is pretty boring and nothing exciting bar the approach controllers having other aircraft trying to visually locate the lost aircraft.
    That's kind of the point. It was completely routine and boring and then suddenly fell out of the sky. Nothing was out of the ordinary until the last 18 seconds of the flight.

https://youtu.be/7t7rubihdeo

Video of the final seconds and impact with the water.

I was thinking it was intentional. Glad it wasn't. Boeing has been having a rough time lately.
    Why?

https://www.aircargonews.net/airline...rash-findings/

NTSB releases Atlas Air freighter crash findings

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has found that Atlas Air flight 3591 crashed outside Houston in 2019 after the first officer, due partly to sensory illusion, improperly reacted to inadvertent activation of the aircraft’s go-around mode.

The NTSB, in conclusions released July 14, also cites first officer airmanship deficiencies and shortcomings by the captain as factors playing a role in the crash.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Thread Information