Thread: Bicyclist hit - Hoping this isn't one of my son's best friends...

Bicyclist hit - Hoping this isn't one of my son's best friends...

From the looks of the bike in the article, I don't think it's Joe's friend's bike, but I just sent him to their house to double check. That is the route he usually takes home. It is the first day/welcome back day for our local middle school, and that was probably where this kid was coming or going to/from. Praying, praying, praying.

Bicyclist, 14, Killed In Huntington Beach Crash
    http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_241191654.html
    (CBS) HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. A 14-year-old bicyclist was killed in an accident involving a pick-up truck in Huntington Beach Wednesday afternoon, police said.

The boy was pronounced dead at the scene of the 2:15 p.m. collision at Indianapolis Avenue and Everglades Lane.

The teen was riding his cruiser-type bike east inside the bicycle lane on Indianapolis when the 20-year-old driver of the westbound F150 truck hit him while turning left into a residential street, said Huntington Beach police Lt. David Bunetta.

After striking the boy, who was thrown from the bike, the driver slammed into a block wall and was briefly trapped in the truck, Bunetta said.

Bunetta said there may be "some issues with speed," but that has not been substantiated.

Bunetta did not know the condition of the driver, who was taken to Western Medical Center in Santa Ana.
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what's left inside the box. -Me

Re: Bicyclist hit - Hoping this isn't one of my son's best friends...

Did you send him on his bike?! 

How come you didn't call them?

Re: Bicyclist hit - Hoping this isn't one of my son's best friends...

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=9717.msg520234#msg520234 date=1188432840]
    Did you send him on his bike?! 

How come you didn't call them?
    [/quote]

How bad would THAT be?! Eeek, ya, Joe, go hop on your bike. :-X

We called the house and cell, got no answers, but he did finally call us back a minute ago. Such a relief, I'm sure he's thinking Damn, Joe, your mom is a paranoid schizo, tell her to lay off the crack.

I feel awful for the parents of that boy. Today was the day where the middle schoolers got to pick up their class schedules, buy their PE uniforms, etc - supposed to be a happy, excited time, yanno? These poor kids, what a way to start the school year.

I would think the driver must've been driving erratically or quickly to crash through a cinder block wall, knock down a palm tree and land in someone's backyard.
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what's left inside the box. -Me

Thread Information