Thread: Evian di Stefano (20) was found dead three days after being reported missing

Evian di Stefano (20) was found dead three days after being reported missing

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/08/23/Evian_di_Stefano_(20)_was_found_dead_three_days_af ter_being_reported_missing

This death actually appears to be a suicide. First, because of his blog entries, and second, because of the embarrassed silence that has followed in its wake. Then there are these two references:

1) The disovery probably wasn't that "gruesome" because there were no marks found on his body; this link also has a couple of interesting comments.
    http://portland.metblogs.com/archives/2006/05/the_coffee_dugo_1.phtml

2)it's so odd not having evian. just the little things. the rides here and there, the smile, or the octopus dance. the latte's and the special latte's. love and friendship, of my closest friend who i spent every waking moment with. how could i have been so blind? i guess i just thought that he would never do that. no one really thinks that their best friend, who is so happy one day, would commit suicide the next.
    kendieann11.livejournal.com
    No mask like open truth to cover lies, as to go naked is the best disguise.

Re: Evian di Stefano (20) was found dead three days after being reported missing

im sure he wasnt dehydrated...

bada bum pschhhhhhhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Re: Evian di Stefano (20) was found dead three days after being reported missing

[quote author=brie star link=topic=9593.msg513031#msg513031 date=1187939573]

bada bum pschhhhhhhhhh
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol:

RIP Evian

[quote author=brie star link=topic=9593.msg513031#msg513031 date=1187939573]

bada bum pschhhhhhhhhh
    [/quote]

Indeed. Swallowing the vicodin that killed him must've been super-easy (http://archive.mailtribune.com/archive/2006/0525/local/stories/ash_grad_death.htm)
    No mask like open truth to cover lies, as to go naked is the best disguise.

Olivia

That's probably how I'd do it too. Take a few pills, go lie down and never get up. Less mess, less fuss.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=9593.msg513245#msg513245 date=1187954177]
    That's probably how I'd do it too. Take a few pills, go lie down and never get up. Less mess, less fuss.
    [/quote]

:-(  yeah... but no... k!
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=9593.msg513245#msg513245 date=1187954177]
    [/quote]

It sounds like a good plan but.....

one of my friends tried to kill herself a few months ago.&nbsp; She told me the whole story, she bought roses and spread the petals around her bed, then sat down, ate some food to coat her stomach so she wouldn't throw up the pills, and sat at the kitchen table swallowing them.&nbsp; At some point, she passed out and fell off her chair, and her friend woke up and found her. (LUCKILY!!!)&nbsp; She was in a coma for a week.&nbsp; She was like &quot;I had this beautiful plan and of course I just ended up face first in some vomit on the kitchen floor, turning purple.&quot;

What was amazing is that she went in and bought ALL her perscriptions in one night, meds that aren't supposed to go together, a bottle of wine, and some roses, and NO ONE in the place ringing her up put two and two together.&nbsp; Legally, if you see someone buying some of the pills she was getting and also purchasing liquor, you're supposed to refuse service to them.

Poor Evian.&nbsp; RIP, dude.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=9593.msg514578#msg514578 date=1188081511]
    It sounds like a good plan but.....

one of my friends tried to kill herself a few months ago.&nbsp; She told me the whole story, she bought roses and spread the petals around her bed, then sat down, ate some food to coat her stomach so she wouldn't throw up the pills, and sat at the kitchen table swallowing them.&nbsp; At some point, she passed out and fell off her chair, and her friend woke up and found her. (LUCKILY!!!)&nbsp; She was in a coma for a week.&nbsp; She was like &quot;I had this beautiful plan and of course I just ended up face first in some vomit on the kitchen floor, turning purple.&quot;

What was amazing is that she went in and bought ALL her perscriptions in one night, meds that aren't supposed to go together, a bottle of wine, and some roses, and NO ONE in the place ringing her up put two and two together.&nbsp; Legally, if you see someone buying some of the pills she was getting and also purchasing liquor, you're supposed to refuse service to them.

Poor Evian.&nbsp; RIP, dude.
    [/quote]

even if you have perscriptions?&nbsp;
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=9593.msg514582#msg514582 date=1188081911]

even if you have perscriptions?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Yeah, she's bipolar and there are restrictions on how often she can get them refilled and what she can get refilled at the same time.

Some pretty rough comments on the Portland Metroblogging site: http://portland.metblogs.com/archives/2006/05/the_coffee_dugo_1.phtml

Comments
    Say what you will about Evian, but he was kind of a creep. The reason the crowd got younger is he had a thing for young girls. He left his live in girlfriend for a 15 year old high school girl.

My guess is a father of one of these girls tracked him down.

Posted by: Passer at May 14, 2006 10:33 PM
    Shut the *f* up, Evian was a good man, and a great friend. His personal life has no matter whether he's a creep or not. He was one of the nicest, and most Genunine people ever. He bought the Dugout at 19, that is just amazing to me. Who says that love doesn't exist between somebody that's 20 and 15? Charlie Chaplin's wife was in her young teens, now isn't that a big more disturbing? But nobody calls him a creep, people look at him as one of the best Silent Actors of all time. I'm sure in your eyes, I guess a five year difference must be some huge deal, but my parents are eight years apart, and I know plenty who are atleast five years apart as well. Paul McCartney? Honestly, whoever you are, you don't even know Evian, so why don't you stop making assumptions?

Posted by: A Frien at May 17, 2006 07:35 AM
    I, too, wonder who you are to say such horrible things about such a giving person as Evian. I guess the description as &quot;passerby&quot; says it all. You're clueless. You are the stuff that tabloids are made of. Rot in hell.

Posted by: Friend at May 18, 2006 09:24 PM
    You two are saying it is perfectly fine for a man to date a freshman in high school? Didn't they just have this show on Dateline the other night? There is a big difference between a 22 year old dating someone 5 years their senior. For one, it is LEGAL! A 15 year old is still a child emotionally and legally.

Posted by: Frie at May 18, 2006 10:57 PM
    I don't know about Oregon, but 15 would get you 20 where I come from.&nbsp; Does anyone know the age of consent there?&nbsp; There are an awful lot of young girls posting comments on his page and they're all crushed by his death.&nbsp; I never know what to think about these &quot;borderline&quot; age cases.&nbsp; Maybe Evian was awkward and immature himself.&nbsp; Perhaps he felt more comfortable with girls in this age group - none of them appear to have been &quot;taken advantage&quot; of.&nbsp; These cases are not always cut and dry case in my mind, altho legally they may be.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=9593.msg514625#msg514625 date=1188086224]
    Some pretty rough comments on the Portland Metroblogging site: http://portland.metblogs.com/archives/2006/05/the_coffee_dugo_1.phtml

I don't know about Oregon, but 15 would get you 20 where I come from.&nbsp; Does anyone know the age of consent there?&nbsp; There are an awful lot of young girls posting comments on his page and they're all crushed by his death.&nbsp; I never know what to think about these &quot;borderline&quot; age cases.&nbsp; Maybe Evian was awkward and immature himself.&nbsp; Perhaps he felt more comfortable with girls in this age group - none of them appear to have been &quot;taken advantage&quot; of.&nbsp; These cases are not always cut and dry case in my mind, altho legally they may be.

[/quote]

ouch!&nbsp; Thank you for this missing puzzle piece.&nbsp; It is all coming together now.&nbsp; I wonder why there wasn't any follow up on the cause of death though.&nbsp; Over a year later and no new news on how he was killed.&nbsp; Either the medical examiner has his/her head up his/her ass, the media decided it was not that important and moved on, or the whole case in general ended up not being so important after detectives learned the details surrounding this case.

[quote author=DoubleDizzle link=topic=9593.msg515420#msg515420 date=1188152535]
    ouch!&nbsp; Thank you for this missing puzzle piece.&nbsp; It is all coming together now.&nbsp; I wonder why there wasn't any follow up on the cause of death though.&nbsp; Over a year later and no new news on how he was killed.&nbsp; Either the medical examiner has his/her head up his/her ass, the media decided it was not that important and moved on, or the whole case in general ended up not being so important after detectives learned the details surrounding this case.
    [/quote]

did anyone bother looking at his blogs?&nbsp; he apologized before he disappeared, because he wrote a blog saying &quot;Thanks for everything&quot; and that's it.&nbsp; he had friends post to it, and they didn't sound happy at all.&nbsp; it seems like some of them realized he had plans to commit suicide and instead of stopping him, they just got pissed that he would be so stupid:

http://mydeathspace.com/go.aspx?back...2ftherealevian

[quote author=kimmy4lsu link=topic=9593.msg515653#msg515653 date=1188165399]
    did anyone bother looking at his blogs?&nbsp; he apologized before he disappeared, because he wrote a blog saying &quot;Thanks for everything&quot; and that's it.&nbsp; he had friends post to it, and they didn't sound happy at all.&nbsp; it seems like some of them realized he had plans to commit suicide and instead of stopping him, they just got pissed that he would be so stupid:

http://mydeathspace.com/go.aspx?back...2ftherealevian
    [/quote]
    Yes I &quot;bothered looking at his blogs&quot; (specifically the three word one.. which wasn't exactly an &quot;apology&quot;).. I am not sure if it really had anything to do with anything.&nbsp; Given the fact that detectives state that he was moved after he died &quot;he did not die where his body was found&quot; (not somthing you'd find in an average suicide).&nbsp; It's rather scetchy.. Also given the fact that a year later, and no new developments reported (no cause of death, ect..).&nbsp; A little to much involved to just base the whole case on the three word blog entry.&nbsp; This is WAY to inconclusive.

[quote author=Neal link=topic=9593.msg515721#msg515721 date=1188170692]

You read this article?

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:5oMufrJxRGMJ:archive.mailtribune.co m/archive/2006/0525/local/stories/ash_grad_death.htm+Evian+di+Stefano+suicide&amp;hl =en&amp;ct=clnk&amp;cd=5&amp;gl=uk

The Multnomah County medical examiner's office has concluded that the Ashland High School graduate whose body was found on a forest road east of Portland in April committed suicide.

Evian D. DiStefano, 20, was found dead April 13 on East Larch Mountain Road, an access road through Mount Hood National Forest to the Columbia Gorge.

Investigators initially said they didn't believe DiStefano had died where his body was found and an autopsy failed to reveal a clear cause of death.

Toxicology results returned earlier this month showed DiStefano died of an overdose of hydrocodone, a painkiller sold under the brand name Vicodin, The Oregonian reported.

Multnomah County sheriff's Capt. Bruce McCain said investigators found no evidence of foul play at the forest site or in DiStefano's car, which was found in Portland. They did discover he had written about personal and professional difficulties in his life, McCain said.

DiStefano's business, the Coffee Dugout, a coffee shop near PGE Park in Portland, has closed since his death.

DiStefano graduated from Ashland High School in 2003. He served on the Ashland Housing Committee as a high school representative and lobbied the state Legislature for school funding. Teachers and administrators remembered him as politically active. He briefly attended American University in Washington, D.C., before moving to Portland.
    [/quote]
    No of course I didn't read it.. but thank you for the investigative work and posting it.

he seemed very bright and looking forward to the future......

http://www.dailytidings.com/2003/new...080503n1.shtml

and more insight to him and his friends:

http://moabb.com/evianguestbook/index.php

OoO same last name as me&nbsp;
    Boringgggggggggggggggg.

Thread Information