Thread: David James (19) drowned while staying at a lake house with friends

David James (19) drowned while staying at a lake house with friends

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/04/10/David_James_(19)_drowned_while_staying_at_a_lake_h ouse_with_friends

An odd comment from a friend on that page:  David! I miss you so much and I cant believe youve left us so early on... you would never believe how many people want to kill whoever might have done this to you. I love you man... we all do! I cant believe it! damn man. Keep an eye on us, especially on Kara, and help us stay out of trouble or jail... I will miss you honey. love you dave,

jenn d.

oh and you owe me $123.50 for my ticket from sunday on the way to ur house.

And finally, his girlfriend's (?) myspace page:  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =38798938

Re: David James (19) drowned while staying at a lake house with friends

Think this is him:

SFCC student drowns

By ALICE WALLACE
    Sun staff writer

11:41 pm, July 2, 2007
    A 19-year-old Newberry man drowned in Putnam County late Saturday while staying at a lake house with five college friends.

Maj. Keith Riddick, with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said David Lamont James, 19, a Santa Fe Community College student, was last seen by his friends around midnight Saturday. They were staying over the weekend at a lake house that belongs to one of the friends on Lake Lak-A-Wanna near Hawthorne, Riddick said. It is northwest of Lake McMeekin.

The group of SFCC and University of Florida students had been boating on the lake overnight Saturday, and Riddick said it was believed alcohol might have played a role in the drowning.

"We know they were drinking, but we don't know to what extent," Riddick said. "All the statements we got from the other five is that (James) doesn't drink much."

Riddick said deputies were also told that James wasn't a strong swimmer.

James' friends called police around noon Sunday to report that they had not seen him since around midnight, Riddick said. Shortly after deputies arrived, James was found by his friends about 100 yards from the shore.

James, an SFCC student, is from the Newberry area. His death was ruled a drowning by the Medical Examiner's Office, Riddick said.

http://www.gainesvillesun.com/article/20070703/LOCAL/707030323/0/DAYBREAK

Re: David James (19) drowned while staying at a lake house with friends

Now the myspace is titled RIP David Lamont James -- so it definitely seems to be the same person from the article.

From SSDI:

DAVID L JAMES 03 Feb 1988 01 Jul 2007 (V) 32669 (Newberry, Alachua, FL) (none specified) XXX-XX-9307 Florida
    RIP David.
    A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

Thread Information