Thread: Car dealer killed 2 employees who asked for raises

Car dealer killed 2 employees who asked for raises

Police: Car dealer killed 2 employees who asked for raises
    The Macon Telegraph ^ | Jul. 31, 2007 | The Associated Press

Posted on 07/31/2007 3:37:45 AM PDT by deaconjim

EAST POINT, Ga. --The owner of a car dealership has been accused of killing two employees because they kept asking for pay raises.

Rolandas Milinavicius, a native of the eastern European nation of Lithuania, has been charged with two counts of murder in the shooting deaths of Inga Contreras, 25, and Martynas Simokaitis, 28, both also from Lithuania but had been living in Atlanta, authorities said.

Milinavicius, who was having financial problems, told police he shot the two Thursday after they kept asking for more pay, said police in East Point, which is just outside Atlanta.

"He told us that he was under a lot of stress," East Point police Capt. Russell Popham said. "Unfortunately, he decided to take his anger out with violence."

Milinavicius, who had been living in Alpharetta, started RM Auto International two years ago, hoping to meet the demand for American cars in Lithuania. He began shipping cars and later hired the two victims as his only employees.

Milinavicius, 38, turned himself in two days after the shootings and confessed to the killings, Popham said.

"As I understand, the employees were not really happy about the pay, and they had questioned him about it over the course of time," Popham said. "That morning he said he just snapped."

Contreras and Simokaitis were cremated and an informal memorial service was held at Simokaitis' cousin's apartment over the weekend. The remains were to be flown to Lithuania on Tuesday.

"It doesn't make any sense," the cousin, Jaunius Simokaitis, of Fayetteville, said Monday. "If he was having money problems, these two would have been the ones to help him get out of debt. They would have helped him make that money."

Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1874101/posts

So much for the old expression "It never hurts to ask"......

Re: Car dealer killed 2 employees who asked for raises

That's one way to keep payroll low.....
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Is this how they do things in Lithuania? Just kill the employees, to hell with writing them up or firing them, just shoot them if they piss you off!

Certainly ended the problems he was having, now he has a whole new set of things to worry about.

A whole new twist on an employer terminating someone. (I guess I was a nice boss, I just gave them their final paycheck and wished them luck when I terminated someone.)

[quote author=death roe link=topic=9228.msg487513#msg487513 date=1186502904]
    Is this how they do things in Lithuania? Just kill the employees, to hell with writing them up or firing them, just shoot them if they piss you off!

Certainly ended the problems he was having, now he has a whole new set of things to worry about.

A whole new twist on an employer terminating someone. (I guess I was a nice boss, I just gave them their final paycheck and wished them luck when I terminated someone.)
    [/quote]

Thread Information