Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas couple have their 17th child, say they want more

Re: Arkansas couple have their 17th child, say they want more

I Seriously Hope His Dick Falls Off
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=9154.msg482712#msg482712 date=1186176150]
    Interesting note on the overpopulation comment.

Most world area isn't overpopulated, it's the cities......   50 % of US citizens live in New York, Boston, Houston, LA, Chicago, Philly, Jersey, and a few others.

People need to spread out some.

Within 10 miles from any direction from me, there are less than 10000 people.   Thats in the whole 20 mile circle.

We have tons of water, farmland, no polution and HUGE EMPTY SPACES. I've seen tons of empty all over the place, with the exception of The NYC, Boston, Philly area.  Hell even Miami and LA have lots of country around.

I do believe that the planet is overpopulated, but unless you are in a little box i the city, it doesn't have a lot of effect. I also think Americans aren't the worst offenders of huge families.

Resources like Oil,  meh, I use gas, but really, if we were running out, they have alternative sources for power....just not enough money in it.

We do need to stop the air pollution, that to me is the most crucial thing at this point......

Nature deals with overpopulation, it's cruel, but that's what famines and diseases are for, and why they occur in overpopulated areas. Medicines are a big factor in the overpopulation, because people who were meant to die are saved. People over 70 are a huge part of the population, but not too many years back, there were few people ever to reach that age. We aren't supposed to get OLD. conversley, the Infant Mortality Rate has declined.

I'm hate the Duggar's also, but IMO and this is only MY opinion. Technology is responsible for overpopulation.

[/quote]

you're totally right, there is lots of empty spaces in this country we could fill, and other parts of the word for that matter.

i guess when i think of overpopulation i think about the problems in africa and asia specifically.  some asian countries have done wonders to control population through sex ed, and not through forced abortions.  but we still need more education, there are just too many poor and overpopulated places out there and not enough people who care to reach out to these folks. 

the global gag rule is a big one in my book.  as wealthy american's we could be do something for these folks, but many conservatives just won't have it these days...  :( 

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=9154.msg482712#msg482712 date=1186176150]
    Interesting note on the overpopulation comment.

Most world area isn't overpopulated, it's the cities......   50 % of US citizens live in New York, Boston, Houston, LA, Chicago, Philly, Jersey, and a few others.

People need to spread out some.

Within 10 miles from any direction from me, there are less than 10000 people.   Thats in the whole 20 mile circle.

We have tons of water, farmland, no polution and HUGE EMPTY SPACES. I've seen tons of empty all over the place, with the exception of The NYC, Boston, Philly area.  Hell even Miami and LA have lots of country around.

I do believe that the planet is overpopulated, but unless you are in a little box i the city, it doesn't have a lot of effect. I also think Americans aren't the worst offenders of huge families.

Resources like Oil,  meh, I use gas, but really, if we were running out, they have alternative sources for power....just not enough money in it.

We do need to stop the air pollution, that to me is the most crucial thing at this point......

Nature deals with overpopulation, it's cruel, but that's what famines and diseases are for, and why they occur in overpopulated areas. Medicines are a big factor in the overpopulation, because people who were meant to die are saved. People over 70 are a huge part of the population, but not too many years back, there were few people ever to reach that age. We aren't supposed to get OLD. conversley, the Infant Mortality Rate has declined.

I'm hate the Duggar's also, but IMO and this is only MY opinion. Technology is responsible for overpopulation.
    [/quote]

for the most part, the revolution of medical care in the 1700's began the increase of the worlds population.  In science there is something called the carrying capacity, which is the maximum amount of a population of a species an environment can carry at one time.  The habitat of a species can only carry a certain amount of a species before natural resources begin to run out.  Usually this occurs after an "exponential growth".  In theory we are approaching a carrying capacity because in just 40 years we have doubled our population (it took us 50,000 years to get to 3 billion people and then in 40 years we double to 6 billion).  Once the carrying capacity is reached, resources are limited and the population begins to compete with itself which leads to a leveling off, reduction or possible extinction of the population.  I dont know if this would really come to pass, but i tell my students that occurring to the earth, we are just another animal like all other animals and what happens to them could happen to us if we are not careful.
    As for US population density, the average for the US is 84 people per square mile.  New Jersey is the most densely populated state in the us with a population density average of 1135 people per square mile.  However the thought of people spreading out around the country is a bad idea because of the fact that would reduce the amount of natural forests and wetlands which we depend on for natural resources. 
    *sigh* I just hope that we could find away to switch to renewable sources of energy instead of burning fossil fuels.  That wouldnt help with the population but it would help with the environment.

this is officially my longest post.

I hate I missed all this yesterday...

Okay as far as home schooled kids are concerned, I'm sure there are alot of well rounded kids that come from them, but I have yet to meet one. I worked at an admissions office at a community college and everyone in the office would take bets when someone came as to whether they were home schooled or not. You could just tell as they lacked any kind of social skills. A lot of them didn't even know their social security numbers. Not only that but I would say most often than not the home schooling program they were taught didn't pass the state's education standards and they would end up having to get their GED.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=9154.msg482625#msg482625 date=1186173758]
    I know I'm asking for smites here.&nbsp; But I don't think people who give birth to multiples due to fertility treatments are any more worthy of a donation that the Duggars.&nbsp; If they go through treatments knowing full well that multiple births could result, then they should be prepared to foot the bill.&nbsp; I would have to have fertility treatments myself in order to get pregnant.&nbsp; If the treatment involved the risk of having more than one child, I would damn well make sure I could afford the consequences rather than plastering my face all over the media begging for diaper donations.&nbsp; &nbsp; That, or I would plan to adopt.&nbsp; Some people take the burning need to procreate a little too far IMO.
    [/quote]
    That was the most beautiful thing I have ever read.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=9154.msg482662#msg482662 date=1186174786]
    because overpopulation is a serious issue and infertility is mother natures way of handling it, so when we go behind her back and get knocked up unnaturally we're fucking with shit that i don't believe should be fucked with.&nbsp;

isn't going against mother nature unethical?
    &nbsp; i think so.&nbsp; and i want a child more then anything, if i can't have kids (a real possibility for me) i'll adopt.&nbsp; there a plenty of kids out there who need a loving family without dr.s intervention.&nbsp;

i guess you missed my thread about why i'm against stem cell research....&nbsp; one of my more unpopular issues.&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

Can't the same can be said of AIDS or cancer or diabetes or any other illness that, without modern medical intervention, would kill umteen sufferers, thereby addressing overpopulation?

Personally, I have nothing against people wanting their own babies, but I do think that women who have &quot;litters&quot; of them are strange.&nbsp; Several of my friends have had singletons and twins with the help of IVF, and they were all given the option to &quot;reduce&quot; the number of fetuses so as not to give birth to a litter.

I hate the Duggars because they're freaky religious nutjobs, not because they can populate a small town.

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=9154.msg484704#msg484704 date=1186329796]
    Can't the same can be said of AIDS or cancer or diabetes or any other illness that, without modern medical intervention, would kill umteen sufferers, thereby addressing overpopulation?

Personally, I have nothing against people wanting their own babies, but I do think that women who have &quot;litters&quot; of them are strange.&nbsp; Several of my friends have had singletons and twins with the help of IVF, and they were all given the option to &quot;reduce&quot; the number fetuses so as not to give birth to a litter.

I hate the Duggars because they're freaky religious nutjobs, not because they can populate a small town.
    [/quote]

AGREED! I hate the Duggars for subscribing to the quiverfull movement........
    Has anyone else read this? It's insane!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull

Quiverfull is a movement among conservative evangelical Protestant Christian couples chiefly in the United States, but with some adherents in Canada,[1] and with claims of adherent also in Australia, New Zealand, England, and elsewhere.[2] Its distinguishing viewpoint is to eagerly receive children as blessings from God,[2][3][4][5] eschewing all forms of contraception, including natural family planning and sterilization.[6][7]

[quote author=natashastar link=topic=9154.msg482697#msg482697 date=1186175794]
    From a logical standpoint, I TOTALLY see where you are coming from on both parts.&nbsp; But the thing is when it comes to something personal, I'm way too selfish, I'll try to keep my parents alive forever I'm sure.&nbsp; Everyone has loved ones, and though they may agree with you when talking about everyone else's parents lol, it's a totally different story when it gets personal.
    [/quote]

I think if we all thought logically about procreation no one would actually have children. For some people the need to have children is greater than for others. A friend of mine went through 12 miscarriages before she finally gave up on having children. For me, I couldn't go through having 12 miscarriages before I gave up. I don't think I could go through fertility treatments or adoption either, but at the same time all it took for me to get pregnant was 4 drinks too many :) I didn't think I wanted children until I was actually pregnant and then the (probably hormonal) need to have a child kicked in.
    [quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[youtube=425,350]fAYnc_-ddlw[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYnc_-ddlw

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

FYI they built that house as a family project over a number or years. It wasn't donated. http://health.discovery.com/converge.../funfacts.html
    See second to last fun fact &quot;The Duggars estimate all the family members combined have worked approximately 39,000 total hours building their new house.&quot;
    As politically conservative pro-life Christians I doubt they'd be that big on accepting public assistance (especially since they are also very politically active). They shop at religious thrift stores primarily. Has anyone watched any of the specials on the Discovery Channel or&nbsp; just spouting what they think is fact?
    &quot;I have an addiction sir!&quot;

the duggers disturb me.
    i watched the TLC special, and i had a screw face the whole time. gross.

I found them a little disturbing also, but not harmful or a drain on society. A little Discovery Channel could help clear up some misconceptions about this family.

&quot;I have an addiction sir!&quot;

[quote author=wildcloverz link=topic=9154.msg545574#msg545574 date=1190532536]
    I found them a little disturbing also, but not harmful or a drain on society. A little Discovery Channel could help clear up some misconceptions about this family.[/quote]

I'll agree with you to an extent that thriftiness has helped them along, and I do know they purchased their kitchen appliances used because Jim Bob made a point of mentioning it. But did you see how that house was decked out when they moved in? And an interior designer brought in? All that furniture was brand new and top of the line, as well as the outdoor gazebo and BBQ.&nbsp; Sorry, there is no way on God's green earth they could have afforded all of that on their own.

They may be too proud to take government assistance, but they certainly don't seem to mind taking handouts from the Discovery Channel.
    <br /><br />I guess I&#39;ll never understand.

[quote author=wildcloverz link=topic=9154.msg545574#msg545574 date=1190532536]
    I found them a little disturbing also, but not harmful or a drain on society. A little Discovery Channel could help clear up some misconceptions about this family.

[/quote]

I've seen a little of them on Discovery Channel and still think they are freaks.

I saw a picture of that family with the caption Vagina: It's not a clown car. :lol:

[quote author=electricalst0rm link=topic=9154.msg565140#msg565140 date=1191992969]
    I saw a picture of that family with the caption Vagina: It's not a clown car. :lol:
    [/quote]

I posted&nbsp; that pic in another thread on here about the Duggars. That is my favorite pic, EVER!!!

I live in Arkansas and I had never heard of this family until this website. I agree with the rest of you though, that is kinda disturbing...

i hope her uterus falls out on the ground and she trips over it.

[quote author=Heather3521 link=topic=9154.msg570830#msg570830 date=1192400531]
    i hope her uterus falls out on the ground and she trips over it.
    [/quote]

I Hope His Dick Breaks Mid-Act
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

what a disgusting, selfish couple. tons of people out there would kill to have kids, and here this family of 17 kids is like giving them all the finger... &quot;we can have kids and you can't! fuck you!&quot;
    planet killers! the world is already overpopulated! i hope all their kids turn out gay because only a homophobic religious couple would fuck that many times without birth control.

[quote author=frivolous link=topic=9154.msg571158#msg571158 date=1192424771]
    what a disgusting, selfish couple. tons of people out there would kill to have kids, and here this family of 17 kids is like giving them all the finger... &quot;we can have kids and you can't! fuck you!&quot;
    planet killers! the world is already overpopulated! i hope all their kids turn out gay because only a homophobic religious couple would fuck that many times without birth control.
    [/quote]

What the hell kind of ignorant reasoning is that? Being gay is a punishment now?

[quote author=frivolous link=topic=9154.msg571158#msg571158 date=1192424771]
    [/quote]

While I find the Duggar family a little disturbing, it is not because they have so many children, it is the fact that they are publicly displaying their family all over the nation. This family is not the only one with that many children in the United States, just the only ones (at this time) that have been put up on a pedestal as a &quot;marvelous family&quot;.&nbsp;
    Some people have a large family because it is within their religious beliefs (like the Duggars), while others just don't know what birth control is. Others (like me) have more than the standard 2.5 children because they embrace a large family, however, 5 was enough for me. Ironically, 60 years ago it was not uncommon for people to have in excess of 20 children, of course, life expectancy was much younger than it is now.
    As far as the world being overpopulated, well, maybe in some areas, but there is still quite a few places in this world that have been untouched by mankind. Not everyone in this world is living on top of each other.

<br />Petulance...it&#39;s a bitch.

I think these people are freaks, but that's just because I cannot imagine having that many kids. They seem to take good care of them and instill good moral values in them. They aren't hurting anybody and they aren't a drain on anything except their own wallets. As far as them getting a handout from the Discovery Channel, so what? If DC wants to give them shit, so be it, they did do a service for the channel by letting them observe their life and interview them.

How do you find time or the appropriate place to make another baby when you have 16 of them running around? I almost feel sorry for the kids because there is NO way all of them can receive all of the care and attention that a growing person needs.
    [quote author=alliekat link=topic=11600.msg671097#msg671097 date=1198699674]<br /> I puke a lot when I&#039;m drunk, and I&#039;ve been drunk a lot.&nbsp; And had sex.&nbsp; You get my point.&nbsp; <br /><br />[/quote]

[quote author=IvannaTrailer link=topic=9154.msg571406#msg571406 date=1192457805]
    I think these people are freaks, but that's just because I cannot imagine having that many kids. They seem to take good care of them and instill good moral values in them. They aren't hurting anybody and they aren't a drain on anything except their own wallets. As far as them getting a handout from the Discovery Channel, so what? If DC wants to give them shit, so be it, they did do a service for the channel by letting them observe their life and interview them.
    [/quote]

What she said since she said it so well.

Thread Information